• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: EM & FR - Natures

Years
Here's some information on how to change the effect of nature.

Starting with offset 252B48 (fire red) or offset 31E818 (Emerald), you will find the nature effects table.

Each nature consists of 5 bytes (Atk/Def/Speed/Sp.Atk/Sp.Def).

The value "00" is a neutral value, nor does it increase or decrease any statistics.
The value "01" is responsible for increasing certain statistics.
The value "FF" is responsible for decreasing certain statistics.

The first nature of the table consists of 00 00 00 00 00 (Nature Hardy).
If I want it to be a physical offensive nature, I will add "01" in the first byte, and "FF" in the 4th byte (01 00 00 FF 00).
So Hardy nature will have the same effect as Adamant Nature.
Spoiler:

If I do otherwise, nature will have the effect of Modest Nature (FF 00 00 01 00).
Spoiler:

There is no secret or difficulties in understanding how this works.
Feel free to modify the effects of natures at will in your rom hack.

Last edited:
Years
Hey @Fansity.
Your thread was approved, but the images are not displayed correctly. Fixing them will help!

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
So, I'm guessing that with this, you could create "inflated" natures, that could raise more stats at once and natures that don't have any drawbacks

Years
Hey @Fansity.
Your thread was approved, but the images are not displayed correctly. Fixing them will help!

Fixed, thanks for the warning.

So, I'm guessing that with this, you could create "inflated" natures, that could raise more stats at once and natures that don't have any drawbacks

That's right, you can do this. For example, I can create a Nature that increases Atk and Sp.Atk without reducing any other statistics. The image below proves it.
Before:
Spoiler:

After:
Spoiler:

In the example of the image, I changed Nature Hardy, causing it to up the Atk and Sp.Atk without reducing Defense, Sp.Def, or Speed.

Last edited:
Back