• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Looking for some tools to help in making an Emerald ROM Hack

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
So I'm currently working on a challenge Emerald ROM Hack and I've been play testing it as I develop it. So far it's been going mostly well, but there are two primary concerns I've had.

One is that with the fights being pretty difficult, I usually have a few mons faint with each fight and having to go back to the Pokemon Center constantly is a bit of a pain, especially on longer routes. I've seen that some ROM Hacks have a sort of Mobile Pokemon Center that you have in your Key Items. You use it and it fully heals your party (though I think it's only usable in the overworld, which is fine). Does anyone know what tool I'm talking about and how to implement it?

The other is that with how hard the game is, having all 6 party members ready to go with good movesets is essential. But with there being a lot of water routes, I inevitably have to leave someone behind for an HM slave. I know some ROM Hacks have the ability implemented to where you can you tools in Key Items to replace HMs (like a Surfboard for Surf or Shears for Cut). Does anyone know where I could find that and how it's implemented?

Back