The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Location Challenge!

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old May 15th, 2014 (7:37 AM).
dankness incarnate

Nature: Quiet
    I'll try this!

Name: pleryt17
    Game: Pokemon Y
    Range: 11° Celsius/51° Fahrenheit- 25° Celsius/77° Fahrenheit

Ongoing Challenges:
    The Date of Birth Challenge: Pokemon X
    Nidoqueen, Magcargo, Medicham, Chesnaught, Helioptile, Route 04

Completed Challenges:
    Random Challenge Black 2:
    Zangoose, Crobat, Vaporeon, Seviper, Altaria, Gothitelle

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 15th, 2014 (9:47 AM).
    If I fits...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pleryt17 View Post
    I'll try this!

Name: pleryt17
    Game: Pokemon Y
    Range: 11° Celsius/51° Fahrenheit- 25° Celsius/77° Fahrenheit
    How about a full Kalos team?

Old May 15th, 2014 (10:52 AM).
    dankness incarnate

Quote:
      Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
      How about a full Kalos team?

Thank you, thank you! I like this team, I've used two of these prior. I'll get started soon!

Ongoing Challenges:

Completed Challenges:
      Old May 16th, 2014 (5:58 PM).
      ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
        Username: stp
        Game: Emerald
        Degree Range: 61 F

you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone
        Old May 16th, 2014 (7:04 PM).
        dankness incarnate

Quote:
          Originally Posted by stp View Post
          Username: stp
          Degree Range: 61 F
          You get...
          Spoiler:

Hope you enjoy! If you want, you can replace Shedinja with Ninjask.

Ongoing Challenges:

Completed Challenges:
          Old May 21st, 2014 (1:00 PM).
          Get Poke'd

Nature: Modest
            [Finally] FINISHED my Location Challenge with Japanese Crystal!

Spoiler:

-I've played Crytal many times but none in a foreign language. I also learned that trying to trade between English/non-JP ROMS and Japanese ROMS creates a beautiful mess of glitchy sounds. Thank God for Gen III finally fixing that.

-Started right off with Hoppip, who was the man player on my team until I was able to grab the rest.

FALKNER
            As a Skiploom, my first Japanese Pokemon was the MVP of this fight with Tackle spamming.

BUGSY
            More of the same.

-Headbutt earns me my Pineco, who remaned a Pineco for a good portion of the game.
            -Caught my Jigglypuff before Whitney
            WHITNEY
            Skiploom now knew Leech Seed (I was so excited when i found out that I taught it Leech Seed unintentionally!), so Miltank could only stall me for so long. Also, a few Headbutt flinches mades ure I got the victory.

-With Time Capsule now active, I traded for my Mr. Mime from Japanese Red. Hitmonlee will later come through this same way because I'm not waiting until Kanto to get the Dojo Leader's Tyrogue.

In addition, I expected an Odd Egg (the one with the 50% Shiny chance) and upon research found that the Egg is not distributed in Japanese versions because it came through an event only in 2001. I wish the Mobile GB Adapter thngy still worked so I could get Tyrogue early, but oh well. I wanted Hitmonlee anyways.

MORTY
            Skiploom->Jumpluff
            More Leech Seed BS here. Pretty funny how cheaply I've won all of my battles.

CHUCK
            -Caught Corsola
            -Grabbed Moon Stone found at Tohjo Falls to evolve Jiggly to Wigglytuff
            Leech Seed but also some work from Hitmonlee!

JASMINE
            Leech Seed BS plus some Surf action from Corsola to take down Steelix.

PRYCE
            Leech Seed and some Headbutts from Jumpluff. Mr. Mime Psychic'd and Corsola Surfed over Piloswine.
            -Pineco->Forretress

CLAIR
            Hitmonlee was my strongest Pokemon along with Mr Mime now, so they were used against Clair. It was here that my team fell below the level curve, and *I ran into save issues after failing a clone attempt. *More on this very soon.

Anyways, Jumpluff used Leech Seed, Wigglytuff stalled, then Mr. Mime and Hitmonlee actually attacked.

WILL
            Jumpluff and Corsola helped out in this fight, but being underleveled because a terrible problem at this point. Plus, my team was severly lacking in type diversity, being without Fire, Electric, or any Ground moves like Earthquake.

KOGA
            An easier time here, Mr. Mime Psychic'd and Confusion'd his Poison types successfully.

BRUNO
            Not too terribly hard, but only because of Hitmonlee saving the day when Mr. Mime kept fainting.

KAREN
            I used infinity Full Restores and Revives, and almost cleaned my entire item inventory before Lance's Dragons.

I had to rely on Hitmonlee's Double Kick (Pre Gen III Fighting moves suck so bad) to take out her Dark types, save for Vileplume (killed by Mime) and Houndoom (beat by Corsola).

LANCE
            Down to very few Revives and Full Restores, absolutely no Thunder or Ice Attacks, extremely slow Pokemon besides Mr. Mime and low PP, I knew this was going to be a stretch.

And it was; I required the utmost BS luck to push through. The Dragonites eventually missed their Elemental Attacks, allowing me to Revive the rest of my team and wait until Leech Seed finally killed them. Charizard died from Corsola's Ancientpower (Rock's Greatest Hits: Japan Tour) and Aerodactyl fainted after two Surfs from Corsola.

This was easily the hardest Johto I've ever done because I had such a bleeping dismal team that was below the level curve. I thought I'd never beat him without grinding my Pokemon to 60, but that wasn't necessary.

Back to the saving issue: after attempting to clone my HM Slave Mew (I wanted to use as much of my team as possible), I realized that it failed. Not only that, but my ONLY HM SLAVE along with everything in its Box, got deleted. Everytime I'd save from this point forward, whether automatically or in-game, the Box Pokemon would get deleted. I had to carry on with Save States, and trading between my HM Slave and one of my Pokemon to get through the game.

And on that note... let's go to Kanto!!!

SURGE
            Mr. Mime was my choice for this Gym, good Special Attack and some Speed to it, even the Electrodes were too slow for it. Psychic killed the majority of hs Pokemon in one hit.

JANINE
            Same tactic with Mr. Mime. Oh and I got Toxic, which I taught to Wigglytuff. Wigglytuff was the best tank on my team, and I did not teach it to Forretress because it would not accompany me in the Red fight due to Save issues.

ERIKA
            Same as above. Hate being repetitive.

SABRINA
            I wanted to use Corsola for as lng ss I could with Surf until it fainted, which then I would Leech Seed/Toxic Stall until her Pokemon died.

MISTY
            I just ToxicStalled with Wigglytuff, which was I could hope to do. I didn't have any Grass or Electric moves, but Hitmonlee used Double Kick on the Lapras.

BROCK
            Soloed by Corsola, which put a smile on my face.

BLAINE
            Also done alone by Corsola. Corsola te gusta hacer Surf en los Pokemon de Blaine.

BLUE
            Last Kanto Gym and last Gym in the whole game. I won't lie, I was glad to get to that point. I did not have much sentiment towards these Pokemon because they weren't that great to use in battle.

ToxicStall + LeechStall was the only strategy I ran for this fight, my Pokemon were still underleveled and not mych could be done about that.

RED
            HERE IT IS! The end of the game is nearing! I also noticed that Red says "................. ............ .........." in the Japanese version, which differs from the three silent periods he says in the English translation. Found that cool.

For Pikachu: Wigglytuff Toxicstall + Pound(?)

Espeon was beat in the same way, but I had Mr. Mime resist Espy's Psychic attack.

I drew Snorlax next, who took about four (or eight!) Double Kicks from Hitmonlee. I was amped because things could've gotten really ugly.

I sent in Jumpluff, which caused Red's AI to bring in Charizard. This worked out because Corsola switched in and KO'd Edgyzard.

Venusaur as next, so no ToxicStall/LeechStall was possible. I had to keep hitting Psychic with Mr. Mime, and I actually drew a Critical Hit that dropped it in one move.

Blastoise was the last Pokeman standing. Wigglytuff Toxic'd while Blastoise set up Rain Dance, then stalled. It took three turns for Wigglytuff to finally faint. Jumpluff cane in and Cotton Spore'd to cut Speed and allow me to flinch it with Headbutt, Leech Seed to cut its HP and Synthesis to stall even more.

The end result looked a whole lot better than my fight with Lance, and I could be proud of that. I'm glad to play English translations now!

SCREENSHOT, ALL IN JAPANESE
            Spoiler:
            Old May 24th, 2014 (12:30 AM).

Nature: Serious
              Username: Forte
              Game: HeartGold and Black 2
              Degree Range: 26° Celsius/78° Farenheit and above
              Old May 24th, 2014 (1:16 AM).
              If I fits...

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Forte View Post
              Username: Forte
              Game: HeartGold and Black 2
              Degree Range: 26° Celsius/78° Farenheit and above
              Hmm, I'll give you a team for HG so you can get started, and I'll let someone else give you a B2 team. Enjoy!

Old July 19th, 2014 (2:06 AM).

Nature: Timid
              Unfortunately I lost my other save types so I'm signing up again ^-^

Username: Orianna
              Game: LeafGreen
              Range: 11-25 Celsius

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

Old July 21st, 2014 (1:44 PM).

Nature: Calm
                You may take Primeape, Graveler/Golem, Victreebel (I probably spelled that wrong xD), Butterfree, Pidgeot and Wigglytuff :3

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
                Old July 21st, 2014 (5:49 PM).

Nature: Timid
                Thank you <3 this should be fun!
                gonna start right away *-*

If you'd like to play with me, you better be sure you know the game.

Old July 25th, 2014 (1:28 PM).

Oh. My. I am extremely sorry for no updating for sooo long time ;_;
                  As I said I started right away, but when I got to Colress, I probably took a break for 1 week (in BB2 he's hard, very hard). After I beat him, I played for some time, was greatly enjoying the run, but when I got to Lentimas Town, I lost all interest in it. I even stopped playing other pokemon games. I was saying myself that I should play, but was managing to just play the game for like 5 minutes and got bored. But yeah, lately I started BINGO challenge and all my interest in Pokemon games came back, so I continued my run and like 3.5 hours ago I beat Iris :D, so enough of this, here is my final team (yes, there are some learnsets, abilities and move types changed in this hack, so don't be surprised):

Cinccino - "Kankri" (68 lvl)
                  Relaxed, Wide Lens, Skill link (they changed first encounter in that grotto, so I had to run around it later for some time, but it was worth it :P)
                  -Icicle Spear
                  -Bullet Seed
                  -Rock Blast
                  -Tail Slap

Sudowoodo - "Nepeta" (72 lvl)
                  Lonely, Quick Claw, Sturdy
                  -Earthquake
                  -Sucker Punch
                  -Wood Hammer
                  -Strength

Victreebel - "Porrim" (66 lvl)
                  Bold, Meadow Plate, Chlorophyll
                  -Sleep Powder
                  -Leaf Blade
                  -Sucker Punch
                  -Crunch

Hariyama - "Damara" (70 lvl)
                  Lonely, Leftovers, Thick Fat
                  -Fake Out
                  -Earthquake
                  -Close Combat
                  -Ice Punch

Pinsir - "Rufioh" (66 lvl)
                  Modest, Insect Plate, Moxie
                  -Close Combat
                  -Megahorn
                  -Strength
                  -Earthquake

Azumarill - "Vriska" (69 lvl)
                  Rash, Expert Belt, Huge Power
                  -Superpower
                  -Aqua Jet
                  -Aqua Tail
                  -Return

After beating the game I must say that it was pretty fun challenge. I gained new friends that I'll surely use in other games if I would have a chance (ok, maybe not Victreebel, but the rest was ok ;)). But still, compared to other trainers in game, my team was pretty weak (or opponents were OP, I don't know o_O). When I got to E4 I was pretty much underleveled, but was too lazy to grind xD, so I brought TON of Revival Herbs and TON of Full Restores (got money from diving in abyssal ruins). For harder oponents my only stategy was sending out Sudowoodo, and PP stalling with Sturdy paired with TON of Full Restores, when they run out of PP on most powerful moves, I just sent out other mon and started attacking, fullrestoring if needed. But finally in the end I got what I needed and beat Iris ^^.

So yeah, still, after all those crits from trainers, not-missing-moves that should-normally-miss-already and my moves that shouldn't-miss-at-all that kept missing all the time, I must say I love that hack.

Lately it got hot so I checked the weather for this week and luckily I found out I'm now in "26° Celsius/78° Fahrenheit and above" temperature range, so I said to myself "Why not do that again?", so here is my new sign up:

Username: Kostucha
                  Game: Volt White 2 (time for the other one^^)
                  Degree Range: 26° Celsius/78° Fahrenheit and above

(in this hack there is every pokemon up to 5th generation, so there aren't any pokedex limits)
                  Old July 27th, 2014 (2:12 AM).
                  other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
                    Simisear, Staraptor, Jolteon, Hypno, Haxorus and Golem. That good?

Challenges Completed:
                    The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
                    Old July 27th, 2014 (6:13 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by GreatTornado View Post
                      Simisear, Staraptor, Jolteon, Hypno, Haxorus and Golem. That good?
                      Yes, thanks, sounds great ^^
                      Old July 27th, 2014 (6:37 AM).
                      Training Mastermind

Nature: Lax
                        username: Ayshyman
                        version: Pokemon Emerald
                        Temprature: 30 degrees plus (Its hot here)
                        Old July 28th, 2014 (1:11 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                          Username: Pok'e Man
                          Temperature:19 degrees
                          Old July 28th, 2014 (2:57 AM).
                          other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Ayshyman View Post
                            username: Ayshyman
                            version: Pokemon Emerald
                            Temprature: 30 degrees plus (Its hot here)
                            Toarkol, Altaria, Manectric, Solrock, Skarmory and Whiscash. Good?

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pok'e Man
                            Username: Pok'e Man
                            Temperature:19 degrees
                            Azumarill, Hariyama, Breloom, Aggron, Kecleon and Shedinja. Good?

Challenges Completed:
                            The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
                            Old July 28th, 2014 (3:11 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
                              That's awsome!
                              Thank you!!

Quick Reply