• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's sum up all six generations. =))

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
Hey there, community! Gigabyyyte here, and I'd like to play a game with you. A… writing game, to be exact. ._.

Okay, here's the thing. :) Given certain parameters, let's sum up all six current generations in less than five words (except for the summary, haha). Describe the gen, fill up those slots (the second partner, btw, is like your starters "right hand," if you know what I mean), and spill in a little summary if you may. ;) You don't have to do a summary if you don't want to. :)The format is set for you in this spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'll provide a little example of my own below.

Generation I
Describe Me: Cool.
Favorite Starter: Squirtle. ;) (OH YEAH BLASTOISE)
Second Partner: Pidgeot.
Shining Moment: DEFEATING BLUE MY GOSH
Favorite Legendary: Articuno and Mew. c:
Summary: This… Pokémon thing… is just so amazing. The concept, the gameplay, the everything, actually; I… I have nothing to say.

Generation II
Describe Me: EPIC.
Favorite Starter: Totodile. (FERALIGATR all the wayyy)
Second Partner: Still Pidgeot. c:
Shining Moment: DEFEATING RED AFTER 243546355867454 TRIES. :c
Favorite Legendary: Suicune. Lugia. Celebi. YEAH.
Summary: Um, YouTube's MetroTechUniverse puts it this way: the sequels allow the player to go and defeat the champion that they themselves have created. So, yeah. With an intertwined character system and the best storyline in my book, this gen gets, like, A+++++++++.

Generation III
Describe Me: Greaaaat. :)
Favorite Starter: Torchic. ;)
Second Partner: Uhhh, Rayquaza? (lol)
Shining Moment: Getting to the Battle Frontier. :>
Favorite Legendary: Rayquazaaa.
Summary: I love Hoenn, especially the music and le Battle Frontier. c: Now, if only this could find its way to a DS game…

Generation IV
Describe Me: Extraordinary.
Favorite Starter: Piplup. c:
Second Partner: Staraptor? O:
Shining Moment: THE DISTORTION WORLD
Favorite Legendary: Arceus.
Summary: I haven't really played these games in-depth so I'll have to rely on videos I watch for this one. Gen IV is, in my opinion, the best in terms of aesthetics; it has those cute overworld sprites, the pseudo-3D overworld… world, and all but the Pokémon names decapitalized (I love it this way). This is a good gen that revolutionized the series forever.

Generation V
Describe Me: Amazing! =))
Favorite Starter: Oshawott/Tepig. :)
Second Partner: UNFEZANTTT
Shining Moment: Seeing Kyurem. Wow.
Favorite Legendary: Kyurem, and Genesect. :D
Summary: I hate to say it, but Gen V is my least favorite generation. I don't know; I don't like the legendaries, I don't like the overworld, but hey, it's still pretty cool. The sequels are great, the area is grand, the World Tournament is simply outstanding… well. I guess we're torn between black and white. ;)

Generation VI
Describe Me: Promising. :)
To-be Starter: FENNEKIN! (or Froakie?)
To-be Second Partner: Pangorooo. Fighting + Dark = WIN.
To-be Shining Moment: My first Mega Evolution. c:
Favorite Legendary: XERNEAS ALL THE WAY
Summary: "Promising" is the exact word. Though they took the overworld away (NOOOO), everything else seems great for X and Y. The Mega Evo's, the connection to previous games, included aspects of France… this is surely going to be one successful gen.

So, what do you think, guys and gals? Discuss! :)

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Ok I'll do it.
Generation I
Describe Me: Greatness!
Favorite Starter: Charmander (I actually love all them equally, but started with charmander)
Second Partner: Fearrow
Shining Moment: Collecting 8 badges and going to the E4
Favorite Legendary: Articuno
Summary: Probably one of the greatest games I've played. It's really unique and something new when it first came out.

Generation II
Describe Me: Awesome
Favorite Starter: Totodile
Second Partner: Ariados
Shining Moment: Facing Red on top of mount Silver
Favorite Legendary: Suicune
Summary: A great sequel to a great game. I couldn't have pictured it any other way or done it any other way.

Generation III
Describe Me: Greatness
Favorite Starter: Torchic (fire/fighting starter? Yes please!)
Second Partner: Poochyena
Shining Moment: Beating Wallace/Steven and getting to be champion
Favorite Legendary: Kyogre, Regice
Summary: A new start of a game. One of my favorite games. There's a few things I would've changed, but definitely one of my faves.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Alright
Favorite Starter: Piplup
Second Partner: Staraptor
Shining Moment: Beating Cyrus and beating the league
Favorite Legendary: Mesprite, Dialga, Giratina
Summary: I thing this generation was an alright gen. Not one of my faves but some pokemon make up for it.

Generation V
Describe Me: Ok
Favorite Starter: Snivy
Second Partner: Scrafty
Shining Moment: Beating ghetsis
Favorite Legendary: Zekron, Kyurem, Thundrus
Summary: I really don't have one.

Generation VI
Describe Me: Great
To-be Starter: Frokie
To-be Second Partner: pangoro or pyroar
To-be Shining Moment: Having my torchic mega evolve
Favorite Legendary: Xerneus
Summary: Don't have one Until after I played the game

Years
Generation I
Describe Me: Nostalgic
Favorite Starter: Charmander
Second Partner: Charizard!
Shining Moment: Seeing proffesor Oak making Blue see how idiot he is.
Favorite Legendary: Mew
Summary: My fav gen, include alot of great pokemon and always remind me old days.

Generation II
Describe Me: Underated.
Favorite Starter: Toodile
Second Partner: Tyranitar
Shining Moment: Beating the epic Red, made me feel like god!
Favorite Legendary: Lugia
Summary: because it was supposed to be last it seems not alot of effort was put into this one, but still there are alot of great pokemon.

Generation III
Describe Me: Alot of rage
Favorite Starter: Treeko
Second Partner: Metagross
Shining Moment: Every time I beat one of the battle fronteir's facility
Favorite Legendary: Latios
Summary: Not bad gen, but for some reason most people's favorite, and I can't really understand why.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Great generation, one to remember.
Favorite Starter: Turtwig
Second Partner: Gliscor
Shining Moment: Beating Cynthia.
Favorite Legendary: Girathina
Summary: A generation that help alot of other pokemon to shine, we need to be thankful for this one.

Generation V
Describe Me: Great gen.
Second Partner: Zoroark
Shining Moment: Visiting Unova all over again.
Favorite Legendary: Zekrom
Summary: Only because few bad pokemons get alot of hate, but its got alot of great of pokemons.

Generation VI
Describe Me: Very intersting gen.
To-be Starter: Froakie
To-be Second Partner: Tyrantrum.
To-be Shining Moment: Didn't happanec yet.
Favorite Legendary: Yveltal
Summary: I will wait a little more to judge.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: Trying to be Ash.
Favorite Starter: Charmander.
Second Partner: Pikachu (Because I got the Yellow version.)
Shining Moment: I was too young to remember much.
Favorite Legendary: Articuno.
Summary: Too young to remember things. Cried when my cousin sister caught a Magikarp with my Masterball. Cried when my cousin sister restarted my game and actually saved it over. My cousin brothers were the one catching the legendaries for me and practically the whole game xD

Generation II
Describe Me: Stop trying to be a Ash-wannabe. Still name character Ash, though.
Favorite Starter: Cyndaquil.
Second Partner: Espeon!
Shining Moment: ^ ESPEON! I didn't know the criteria for evolving Eevee into Espeon and Umbreon back then, and I was SOOOO omArceus when it evolved! (I meant to keep my Eevee as Eevee his whole life!)
Favorite Legendary: Lugia.
Summary: Cloning was fun xD Practically still depending on others to help me play my games, but more of myself this time. STILL. I still get lost in caves, they are my common enemies.

Generation III
Describe Me: Started hating Ash, so I named characters after myself now.
Favorite Starter: Mudkip (RSE)
Second Partner: Bulbasaur (FRLG)
Shining Moment: Catching Rayquaza.
Favorite Legendary: Latias!
Summary: I started understanding games better and played all my Gen 3 myself. Tracked Latias for days to the point of praying xD Emerald's Rayquaza stopping of the fight between Groudon and Kyogre was epic.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Professional player now xD
Favorite Starter: TURTWIGGY~ (DPPt)
Second Partner: Totodile (HGSS).
Shining Moment: I started trading for IV and EV Pokemons here, as well as the shinies, to the extend of training as well as breeding some myself!
Favorite Legendary: GIRATINA OF COURSE~ Everyone who know me well here knows!!!
Summary: I honestly find this the best generation to date. Nostalgic Gold and Silver-remade, as well as Giratina, and gaining so much shinies here. Not to mention the overworld sprite of your Pokemons following you behind reminds me so much of Pokemon Yellow! Also love the awakening of Lugia and Ho-oh here. Distortion World was epic. And Shaymin.

Generation V
Describe Me: Bored and underrated.
Favorite Starter: Oshawott.
Second Partner: Snivy.
Shining Moment: I honestly have none.
Favorite Legendary: Reshiram.
Summary: I hate this generation. And I didn't play much at all. Still, I like Zorua (Zoroark) as well as the Haxorus-line. N was a bonus as I liked his design and his character in the game. I can't even spell or remember much names here. But I liked the fact I can catch Latias (Favourite legendary in Gen 3!) Rushed through the game because I really hate it so really, nothing much memorable.

Generation VI
Describe Me: Anticipation!
To-be Starter: Fennekin :333
To-be Second Partner: Aurorus is sweet! And Gogoat and and and... Pyroar!
To-be Shining Moment: Hmm...
Favorite Legendary: Yveltal looks bad and mean. I like it!
Summary: This is so exciting, I don't even feel much for Gen 5. This game's leaks and news make me so much more anticipated!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Generation I
Describe Me: Old-school funtimes.
Favorite Starter: Charmander!
Second Partner: Pikachu
Shining Moment: The Champion battle!
Favorite Legendary: Moltres
Summary: Played it a ton and was thrilled when the GBA remakes came out.

Generation II
Describe Me: A brand new adventure.
Favorite Starter: Totodile!
Second Partner: Heracross
Shining Moment: Fighting Suicune
Favorite Legendary: Raikou
Summary: Loved the GSC generation and still really like them, though I'm torn on whether HGSS are superior or not.

Generation III
Describe Me: A tropical environment? Yes!
Favorite Starter: Mudkip
Second Partner: Azumarill
Shining Moment: Fighting Steven/the Frontier Brains!
Favorite Legendary: Jirachi
Summary: One of the most replayable gens in my book, due to the sheer variety of Pokemon available.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Slow battles. Agh.
Favorite Starter: Chimchar
Second Partner: Luxray
Shining Moment: Cyrus. Dat music.
Favorite Legendary: Heatran? (If Heatran doesn't count, then Uxie)
Summary: Introduced some neat Pokemon and odd evolution methods. Unfortunately, the battles and EXP gain are very... very... slow. Probably my least favorite generation (and why I'm torn on HGSS).

Generation V
Describe Me: A brand new beginning.
Favorite Starter: Tepig
Second Partner: Stoutland
Shining Moment: Reshiram VS Zekrom, and VS Colress/Insane!Ghetsis
Favorite Legendary: Reshiram
Summary: Black/White rekindled my interest in the Pokemon games. Without them, I probably wouldn't be back into the series as I am now. They're outstanding titles, and the sequels are strong games as well, with both having the best soundtracks in any Pokemon game to date.

Generation VI
Describe Me: Huge potential.
To-be Starter: Chespin!
To-be Second Partner: Honedge!
To-be Shining Moment: I want to know what Team Flare's up to.
Favorite Legendary: Yveltal looks cool.
Summary: I really like the idea of Team Flare using genetics to create their "beautiful world", and given the plot's been relatively good in the past couple games, I really hope they continue that trend for XY. The only other thing I hope for is another fantastic soundtrack.

Years
Generation I
Describe Me: Nostalgia overdose!
Favorite Starter: Charmander!
Second Partner: Pidgeot >:D
Shining Moment: I almost gave up hopes on getting MEW through the DITTO glitch...but I manage to do anyway, without all those youngsters, near the bridge trainers etc. Getting Mew in a whole new way! (no cheats, only glitch)
Summary: PLAYING YELLOW RIGHT NOW!

Generation II
Describe Me: Never played it.
Favorite Starter: Cyndaquil
Second Partner: Nope
Shining Moment: ...
Summary: Playing Crystal after I finish with Yellow :D

Generation III
Describe Me: First game ever played (Sapphire), also the favorite.
Favorite Starter: I Liek Mudkipz
Second Partner: Swellow
Shining Moment: Kyogre-Groudon battle, storm.
Favorite Legendary: Ugh...Rayquaza? And Kyogre? Can I choose three? Latios? All of them?
Summary: Loved it. Planning to go through Emerald again.

Generation IV
Generation V
Generation VI

Haven't played there, started Platinum on pc for a few minutes, but stopped so I don't ruin the feeling. I will play all of them though :D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
So I haven't played gens 4 or 5, but hopefully I can still give it a shot what with my mild interest in 6.

Generation I
Describe Me: If MOTHER was a monster catching game...
Favorite Starter: Bulbasaur
Second Partner: At the time? No idea. Most recently, Nidorina.
Shining Moment: At the time, probably catching Mewtwo or anything involving MissingNo. Most recently, glitching myself two Mew.
Favorite Legendary: Mew, if not Articuno.
Summary: I grew up with this game, but have no attachment to it. As far as modern RPGs go, I found and still find EarthBound to be better. Considering that I think this was Creatures Inc's first RPG since EarthBound, it feels sort of similar to it compared to all others, even Kanto's own remake, so I do enjoy that. However, the one thing I give this game over all other versions is that because it was trying to find its footing, the series was extremely laid back in this era. I appreciate the fact that Pokémon had yet to become serious business, in universe and among fans.

Generation II
Describe Me: Terrible
Favorite Starter: Chikorita is who I picked, but I like Totodile too.
Second Partner: It was either Nidoqueen or Nidorina. Most likely both as they usurped top spot anyway.
Shining Moment: Haircuts and massages. First interaction with Pokémon that made me feel connected. Yay! At the time this would be enough, today I consider it far too little.
Favorite Legendary: Ain't much, is there? Celebi I guess.
Summary: Would not want to play again. If this was indeed going to be the last game (and I remember reading such things), I'd've been disappointed being left off on this note. And yet, I wouldn't've minded the series ending generally speaking. Good things should come to an end.

Generation III
Describe Me: Better than Johto
Favorite Starter: Mudkip chosen, kinda loved them all though.
Second Partner: Kirlia and Mawile. They're both second, they're inseparable.
Shining Moment: The whole darn game. That foggy ash area with the music stand out in my mind.
Favorite Legendary: Latias, runner up goes to Jirachi.
Summary: The reason to be glad Johto wasn't the end, because this is my favorite of the series. The region opened up to include new level tropes, I loved the designs of the Pokémon as I felt they didn't get too complicated yet (Groudon and his sea/sky friends nonwithstanding). It also included contests, which on paper sounds great to a Pokémon pacifist like myself. They didn't pan out so well, and it's a shame I quit here because I dunno if they ever got better.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Why is this still going?
Favorite Starter: *shrug*
Second Partner: The one with the face.
Shining Moment: A personal shining moment is that I can at least pick out Buneary. I like that Pokémon.
Favorite Legendary: The hedgehog thing is cute.
Summary: I was burnt out on the series for being repetitive at this point, so yeah.

Generation V
Describe Me: Enough already!
Favorite Starter: Heh
Second Partner: I know even less about these guys.
Shining Moment: I found out about Golurk thanks to Tumblr. Seems pretty cool. I also like that Gothorita or whoever. I just call her Dark Kirlia.
Favorite Legendary: What?
Summary: Okay, yeah, so for the most part I can't tell who's from gen 4 and who's from gen 5 and honestly it's not important enough to me to find out. The only thing I know for certain is somewhere among these two, designs got convoluted and it goes against everything I was taught as far as cartoon character design goes, especially for animation. That aside, it was around this era I really drifted from the official franchise and didn't even pretend like I was still interested, despite running a Pokémon website since gen 3 or so.

Generation VI
Describe Me: What is this intriguing feeling?
To-be Starter: Probably Froakie.
To-be Second Partner: It better be Nidorina. And just like Silver, usurpage.
To-be Shining Moment: Pokémon-amie! It's like that excitement I felt as a lad in Silver with the haircuts, only this time it actually MEANS something! I see you can also change fashion styles... I know this is really corny but please oh please let me accessorize my Pokémon too. >_< And if there's contests, make them not suck. You've had 3 generations to work it out, I assume.
Favorite Legendary: What?
Summary: I'm kind of a scumball in the sense that I haven't paid a bit of attention to any new Pokémon, or any old ones. Just a particular family, and the hopes that they're in here somewhere. :P What's weird, though, is it's the first time I've actually been more interested in all the new gameplay features. It feels like an RPG I can get behind as an RPG and not as whatever the heck it's been for 5 generations. I loved Hoenn, but even then, Pokémon felt sort of hollow overall.

In a way, this is also why I don't care about the creatures this time. My indifference actually makes me open to all of them, and I'll be happy to play with all new faces. But I'm also so done with the series that none of this stuff can pull me out of the apathy void alone. Pokémon-amie comes close, but I need that familiar face to pull me out of "don't give a crap" land, man. ;_; It's like an old friend encouraging you to take a trip overseas with them. I don't ask for much. You can do it, Game Freak. I still want to believe.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I played games from all 5 generations, so I should be able to do this.

Generation I
Describe Me: It was OK, liked the gen 3 remakes
Favorite Starter: Squirtle
Second Partner: Persian
Shining Moment: At least able to play the game
Favorite Legendary: Mew, I was never able to find one
Summary: I was never able to play on console, I did play on rom emulator (before giving up on them) - had fun playing the originals.

Generation II
Describe Me: It was OK, didn't finish the game
Second Partner: Furret, actually it was my 1st partner, starter was second
Shining Moment: Have not finished it (only got 7 badges), never will, I don't use roms anymore
Summary: same as gen 1 above - I was never able to play on console, I did play on rom emulator (before giving up on them) - had fun playing the originals.

Generation III
Describe Me: too much water! Got lost many times
Second Partner: Linoone! again it was first, starter was second
Shining Moment: Some how I was able to find Sootopolis City after being lost for almost 3 weeks navigating the waters
Favorite Legendary: none, but if I where to choose one, then maybe Rayquaza
Summary: Lots of great Pokemon to choose from, too much water to navigate and I got lost easily

Generation IV
Describe Me: Hours of fun, battles a bit slow! Lots of great Pokemon
Second Partner: none other than Buizel!! Loved him/her.
Shining Moment: I played Pearl (I choose it specifically) for Glameow!! Catching one was my most favorite moment for this generation!!
Favorite Legendary: Palkia
Summary: So many great memories, lots of Pokemon I liked in my team. Getting my Pokemon exp up was kind of slow, taking long time. I'm still trying to raise the levels lucky egg helped a bit.... overall it was the Pokemon themselves I love the most

Generation V
Describe Me: It fits me perfectly, everything I wanted in a Pokemon game became reality
Favorite Starter: Oshawott, because of Dewott!!
Second Partner: Watchog!! again starter would be second
Shining Moment: Playing my all "Watchog Team" [one team I had always wanted to play] and struggling at times. Also was the first Pokemon game I actually finished
Favorite Legendary: Reshiram, still favorite of all legendaries
Summary: Best generation for me, has my #1 favorite Pokemon (of all times, Watchog), at least to me Gen 5 was perfect

Generation VI
Describe Me: Been excited to play the games! Waiting for the new surprises!
To-be Starter: Chespin
To-be Second Partner: for now, Pyroar
To-be Shining Moment: all the new surprises, and finally I'll be able to play another team I always been dreaming of, all Feline team (as there are now 7 different Cat Pokemon evolutions)
Favorite Legendary: so far none, but if I choose one, Xerneas
Summary: again waiting for the new surprises, still waiting patiently for the games to arrive (about 3 weeks now)

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: My childhood.
Second Partner: Pidgeot
Shining Moment: All 151 Pokemon
Summary: This gen was so addicting. I just loved being able to pick any six monsters out of dozens, train them, nickname them, and bond with them. Also, everyone at school was obsessed with Pokemon. I could actually find common ground with classmates and play with friends. Everyone had different Pokemon, the variety was endless, and that's just what pulled me into the series for the next 15 or so years.

Generation II
Describe Me: Even greater part of childhood
Second Partner: Furret
Shining Moment: Shiny Weedle, first wild shiny
Favorite Legendary: Suicune, Raikou, Lugia, Ho-oh
Summary: I loved being able to play as a girl. I loved being able to explore both regions and earn 16 badges. I loved the sprites, animations, and new Pokemon. I loved the night cycle and daily events. I can't imagine my life without this gen, either. I also caught up to 250 Pokemon, only missing Celebi to this day. Gold and Silver died, but Crystal still runs.

Generation III
Describe Me: Still important in my life
Favorite Starter: Treecko/Torchic
Shining Moment: Shiny Lugia after 3-day hunt
Favorite Legendary: Latias, my #1 favorite Pokemon
Summary: I'm pretty sure someone was playing Ruby in class - he had a Torchic and Wingull - and I didn't have the game yet. I think I got it a month later on my birthday then. It's still a great chunk of my childhood. I almost nearly completed the Pokedex on Sapphire, but I decided to do a new game. Trading things over was a nightmare, haha.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Thank God for Wi-Fi.
Favorite Starter: Chimchar
Second Partner: Shinx (caught Pokerus!)
Shining Moment: 120+ Chain; 7 shiny Ponyta
Favorite Legendary: Giratina, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus.
Summary: Local interest was rare, so thank goodness I managed to join forums to make the most out of this generation. I've met so many friends on PC in the trading section. My obsession is what led me to my position here today.

Generation V
Describe Me: "You're still playing...?" - Parents
Favorite Starter: Oshawott
Second Partner: Lillipup (ditched after some gyms)
Shining Moment: SHINY COTTONEE ON DAY 1
Favorite Legendary: Virizion and Reshiram.
Summary: This one was honestly so-so for me. This was the generation I deeply knew just about every Pokemon and location before I bought the game. I decided my team beforehand; I bought Black version just so I could get a Cottonee. I was so so lucky to find a shiny Cottonee after a few hours after buying the game. Other than that, I went through this gen pretty aimlessly. Trading was stale since many could get perfect shiny Pokemon or just download some. Good gen while it lasted, but it ended so soon, imo.

Generation VI
Describe Me: I want Serena's clothes, duh
To-be Starter: Fennekin
To-be Second Partner: Fletchling for now
To-be Shining Moment: Getting back into trading, perhaps?
Summary: As much as I'd love getting back into trading and see an entirely generation unfold, I have some other bills and studies to attend to before having the chance to experience this one... We will see in the next three weeks.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: THE MUSIC
Second Partner: Pidgey
Shining Moment: Beating Brock, cause I didn't when I was a kid lol
Summary: Red means a lot to me, personally. I played it late, but it was still amazing even then and it helped me through a hard time in my life. I owe it a lot.

Generation II
Describe Me: Happy feelings!!
Second Partner: Sentret
Shining Moment: Getting Umbreon!
Favorite Legendary: Entei
Summary: Silver is also important to me, as I played it the same time I had Red. Again, I owe this game a lot. The battery died a while back, and I had to get my friend to fix it immediately. This game is too important to me to not be able to play anymore.

Generation III
Describe Me: Fierce
Favorite Starter: Torchic
Second Partner: Wingull
Shining Moment: All of it
Favorite Legendary: Regice
Summary: My absolute favorite generation. No questions asked.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Wobbly start, great finish.
Second Partner: Starly
Shining Moment: Shiny Golbat!
Favorite Legendary: Uxie
Summary: Nostalgic for me, even though it's not my favorite.

Generation V
Describe Me: Whoahoohaohaohaoh1121?!?!/1!!1
Second Partner: Petilil
Shining Moment: PETILIL
Favorite Legendary: Victini
Summary: I had a blast this generation. So many great Pokemon designs, and one of my absolute favorites managed to break into my unmoving top 5 Pokemon. That's truly a feat to behold.

Generation VI
Describe Me: New faces, new places!
To-be Second Partner: I don't know what's early on, so lol...Sylveon idk.
To-be Shining Moment: Petting a Petilil ;o;
Favorite Legendary: Let's wait till we see more
Summary: I'm beyond excited for this! :)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
Here goes, koff~

Generation I
Describe Me: Such a classic
Favorite Starter: Pikachu Ha!
Second Partner: Weezing
Shining Moment: Lavender Town
Favorite Legendary: Mewtwo
Summary: A great game from the past, to always be looked at with fondness

Generation II
Describe Me: Breath taking
Favorite Starter: Chikorita
Second Partner: Weezing
Shining Moment: Being able to travel from Kanto to Johto!
Summary: I loved a lot of the features that Silver brought into the series: Times, radio, phone and the Bank of Mom. Introduced Dark and Steel types, which are still widely used three generations later.

Generation III
Describe Me: A mistake Leaf Green was good
Favorite Starter: Really? Bulbasaur
Second Partner: Cacturne Koffing
Shining Moment: Stop playing Battle Seeker
Favorite Legendary: Regice Mewtwo
Summary: Not a very good addition to the series. Secret hideout was okay though.

Generation IV
Describe Me: A lot better than III, but had Bidoof
Second Partner: Drifloon
Shining Moment: Going all over the place
Favorite Legendary: There is way too many
Summary: Masters of Time, Space, Dimensions and. . . bidoof.

Generation V
Describe Me: A wonderful piece
Second Partner: Krookodile
Shining Moment: No Zubats. No Zubats anywhere.
Favorite Legendary: Stunfisk Err, Victini.
Summary:

Generation VI
Describe Me: Going to be great
To-be Starter: Fire
To-be Second Partner: TBD
To-be Shining Moment: TBD
Favorite Legendary: TBD
Summary: Do they have a Bank? Can we please grow berries again? Can we customize our home? Will we see the battle seeker again? The phone? Fairy Pokemon.

That was fun! That's all for now, koffi~

Edit: I think that the third generation cursed the following games by making the starters Fire/Fighting.

Last edited:

Gigabyyyte

Exploring the world of Kalos!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2013
I can't believe this would actually trend. ._. Thanks for them replies, guys! :)

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: Underrated (Still fine)
Second Partner: Pidgey
Shining Moment: Beating trainers
Summary: Reminds me of Childhood times, yes, good times.

Generation II
Describe Me: Great, sort of.
Favorite Starter: Chikorita
Second Partner: Scyther
Shining Moment: Catching Legendaries.
Summary: I would say, it was great.

Generation III
Describe Me: Overrated!
Favorite Starter: Treecko
Second Partner: Aron
Shining Moment: Walking to record Hall of Fame
Summary: My favorite gen.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Greater than great.
Shining Moment: Defeating Team Galactic
Favorite Legendary: Arceus
Summary: It was cool, the game posses 3D feature.

Generation V
Describe Me: Hell yeah it was the best (Still Gen III)
Second Partner: Zorua
Shining Moment: Catching Kyurem
Favorite Legendary: Kyurem
Summary: Oh yeah, 3D feature even better!

Generation VI
Describe Me:
To-be Second Partner: We're better alone.
To-be Shining Moment: Walking.
Favorite Legendary: Xerneas
Summary: ...

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I'll do one
Generation I
Describe Me: OMFG
Favorite Starter: Charmander (OMG Charizard! Is he dragon-type? He Isn't? damn)
Second Partner: Fearow (he was so awsome....)
Shining Moment: Catching Mewtwo with masterball.
Favorite Legendary: Mewtwo like duh.
Summary: Started on yellow but wanted more so this gen review is for RED. The game was sooo awsome i started him again right after my first end-game.

Generation II
Describe Me: Epicness at its best
Favorite Starter: Cyndaquil (he was both adorable and deadly everyone shut up)
Second Partner: Xatu (Xatu could kill everything)
Shining Moment: Battleing Red (and being scared to death because he still wasn't talking)
Favorite Legendary: Ho-Ho
Summary: It had the originals, brought up some new, storyline was great and the remakes made it even better.

Generation III
Describe Me: Oh god no.
Favorite Starter: Torchic (Because he was Fire/Fighting before Fire/Fighting was a thing.)
Second Partner: Swellow (yay cute fluffy stuff!)
Shining Moment: Using surf with a small pokemon, and then the shadow underneith you was still pretty big. (hahahahahaahh)
Favorite Legendary: Rayquaza
Summary: You start in a truck. Creepy. Then your mother is commanding you to go to your room and fix the clock. CALL CHILD SERVICES IDIOT! The evil team(S) were awful. Other than that, the pokemon in the game were pretty solid and it produced legends like Sablye the unbeatable.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Great!
Favorite Starter: Chimchar (But picked Piplup by accident and didnt wanna change)
Second Partner: Staraptor (Bird-X my love)
Shining Moment: Beating Cynthia's immortal Garchomp (who has taken a hit and then she restored his health and switched him out until the switched pokemon fainted. EVERY TIME.)
Favorite Legendary: Arceus
Summary: I like the storyline, Putting 2 rivals (Barry and Dawn) became a thing afterwords (in gen VI we have like 5...!), and There were some solid pokemon like Lucario. OH and i forgot: route 206/209=21 guns.

Generation V
Describe Me: Not the best,not the worst.
Favorite Starter: Snivy (first time i have ever broke my fire streak {Gen IV does not count it was an accident} because, well, a 3rd fire/fighting who was a pig who shot smoke from his nose-not the best thing ive seen)
Second Partner: Braviary (im sensing a theme)
Shining Moment: N is walking out the league like a total BAWS.
Favorite Legendary: Zekron
Summary: OMG another normal type i wil surely hate! another bug-type gym who has a stupid leader! another pointless evil team! (come on, the grunt F***ing gives you the dragonite skull and runs away!!) BUT i can honestly say i have enjoyed kicking Ghetsis's ass on the first try :)

Generation VI
Describe Me: Can't wait till an emulator and a rom will come out (Because apearently in Israel the 3DS was a total failure)
To-be Starter: Frokie (finally...finally.)
To-be Second Partner: Talonflame (again, the theme)
To-be (NOT) Shining Moment: Can't get the Torchic-ROM... :(
Summary: Don't have one yet.

Last edited:
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: 5 Years Old. First GB game ever.
Favorite Starter: First starter was Blastoise. Dat Blue Version. But my favorite now is Bulbasaur
Second Partner: Charmander
Shining Moment: It took me 7 years to beat this game. I played it of and on diligently (because of Gold.) Da boy was too thirsty and wanted a drink. I didn't know I needed to buy water. But killing Lance, and then gary 23. Woot. Woot!
Summary:

Generation II
Describe Me: Still a kid. 7 maybe?
Favorite Starter: Chichorita
Second Partner: Totidile or Cyndaquill
Shining Moment: Meganium body slammin' Ho-oh! into my ultraball.
Favorite Legendary: Ho-oh?
Summary: My child hood was in Johto

Generation III
Describe Me: 12 or 13?
Favorite Starter: Chickorita
Second Partner: Swampert
Shining Moment: 6 Level 100 pokemon
Favorite Legendary: Deoxys Atk or Speed
Summary:

Generation IV
Describe Me: Got tired of roms n 3rd gen. Gold was dead, yellow not working
Favorite Starter: Shellos
Second Partner: Shinx
Shining Moment: Battle Tower
Favorite Legendary: Lolwut?
Summary: Played it once jawn got me to like poke again

Generation V
Describe Me: 17
Second Partner: Emboar
Shining Moment: Zekrom vs Reshiram
Summary: Snivy aint do crap.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: Wow!
Favorite Starter: Charmander/Squirtle
Second Partner: Fearow
Shining Moment: When going through Seafoam Islands in search for Articuno. Idk why.
Summary: I've actually never really finished this generation. I know, how could I?? But I was young when I played it and couldn't focus on completing it. The moments that I do remember were awesome though!

Generation II
Describe Me: Amazing!
Favorite Starter: Cyndaquil/Totodile
Second Partner: Pidgeot
Shining Moment: When I defeated the Elite 4 and Champion.
Summary: I have gone through this gen quite a number of times, so I can't really summarize on everything. All I can say is that I loved it!

Generation III
Describe Me: Awesome.
Shining Moment: When I got my first Frontier symbol from the Battle Pike!
Favorite Legendary: Latias
Summary: I'm not as emotionally attached to this gen as compared to the others as I've never played it during my childhood. That didn't matter much though as during the two times I've played it, I loved every second of it.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Fantastic!
Favorite Starter: Chimchar/Piplup
Shining Moment: Distortion World!
Favorite Legendary: Giratina
Summary: This generation has been one of my most favourite regions. I love the storyline and how I could go to another world altogether. I've had lots of memorable moments and will always cherish them.

Generation V
Describe Me: Stupendous!
Second Partner: Riolu
Shining Moment: When I completed the game and most of the post-game events.
Favorite Legendary: Reshiram/Zekrom (can't choose)
Summary: I was very pleased by how this gen turned out. This was another one of those gens which had me emotionally attached (mostly because of N lol). I can honestly say that this is one of my most favourite gens of all time.

Generation VI
Describe Me: Anticipating!
To-be Starter: Fennekin/Froakie
To-be Second Partner: Fletchling/Pancham
To-be Shining Moment: To be announced.
Favorite Legendary: Xerneas
Summary: What can I say? I'm greatly anticipating the release of this awesome new generation X & Y. I can tell it's going to be another heck of an adventure!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: The beginning
Second Partner: Arcanine
Shining Moment: Defeating the Elite 4, because Lorelei was TOUGH.
Summary: Despite having a copy of Blue, I never did play through the original games as a kid. I did play FireRed and LeafGreen a ton though. I guess because I never played the original versions, I didn't mind that the remakes weren't all that different from them. These were simpler times and when there were only just 151.

Generation II
Describe Me: Beautiful.
Second Partner: Umbreon
Shining Moment: Getting to Kanto. I never thought I was going to make it lol.
Favorite Legendary: Raikou
Summary: The Johto region is a beautiful region and it has some of the BEST designed Pokémon of any generation in my opinion. Despite the low level curve in the games and the level of difficulty it is to train because of this, I still never get tired of restarting the games and completing my journey all over again. Like Gen I, I never did play the original GSC, only the remakes. I'm ashamed to admit, however, that because I'm so trigger happy when it comes to replaying over the games that I've never made it atop Mt. Silver to battle Red. This is why I also never thought I was going to make it to Kanto because I started over so many times.

Generation III
Describe Me: Home
Favorite Starter: All of them, but definitely Treecko
Second Partner: Beautifly
Shining Moment: Start to Finish. Also, running into Latios for the first time.
Summary: Now you know that I never played through Red or Blue and Gold, Silver, or Crystal. That's because Ruby was the first Pokémon game I ever got for the Christmas of my 10th year. For that, Gen III will forever hold a special place in me, and not just because it was the first game I ever got, but also because there were some pretty amazing memories made for me during this generation and time. Some of the best memories of my childhood actually. So, it's more than just the nostalgic factor that has me so bias towards Gen III. Also, like Gen II, it has some of the best designed Pokémon in the entire series and a beautiful and artful region to go with. I couldn't tell you how many times I've played through my Ruby version. Favorite generation. Period.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Fun, fun, fun!
Second Partner: Togekiss
Shining Moment: Training a migrated Treecko to Level 100.
Favorite Legendary: Azelf
Summary: Wi-Fi! Competitive Battling! So much trading! I have Diamond and Platinum, and I love them both very much. Played through them both many times and had just as much fun as the last. Platinum, especially, was such an improvement from Diamond and Pearl. Whenever I think of Generation IV, besides just fun, I also think of vibrant. Sinnoh and the overall look of Gen IV were just so colorful and plentiful, that it made the experience all the more enjoyable. There's also a hefty number of great new Pokémon from here as well. I've actually been contemplating restarting Platinum before the release of X and Y.

Generation V
Describe Me: Disappointment.
Favorite Starter: Oshawott.
Second Partner: Reuniclus
Shining Moment: Playing White 2
Favorite Legendary: Virizion
Summary: I associate Gen V with disappointment, sorry to say. There were only a handful of Pokémon I actually liked from this generation, the starters overall were disappointing, and a lot of the Pokémon because of uneven stat distribution were sort of useless. Also, I usually got bored by the time I made it to Castelia City. The region itself felt uninspired and small. Probably the best things out of Gen V for me was the plot, seasons, N, and the sequels which were much better than the first two games. Overall, I sometimes just like to pretend that Gen V never really happened.

Generation VI
Describe Me: An evolution.
To-be Starter: Froakie? Fennekin? Chespin? I'm currently undecided because I like them all!
To-be Second Partner: Pangoro!
To-be Shining Moment: I'll get back to you on that.
Favorite Legendary: Xerneas and Yveltal
Summary: Gen VI looks exceptionally promising. I've loved nearly all of the new Pokémon revealed, an it's the first time since Gen III where I've favored both of the mascots equally. The graphics and overall look of X and Y are such a change, that I'm really excited to finally experience it from my own eyes. There are also so many new features that I excited about. What excites me the most is that we still don't know very much about the gams, we still haven't seen all of the new Pokémon, and the entire world is going to get to enjoy it together at the same time for the first time. Also, sitting on benches, it's totally a thing now.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Generation I
Describe Me: The start
Favorite Starter: Bulbasaur
Second Partner: I'm assuming this is for favorite pokemon, right? If so, Farfetch'd.
Shining Moment: Since I have not played/beaten R/B/Y, I'll just go with beating the E4 in FR/LG.
Summary: Still a very well designed region. Although the original games suffered from weird design choices and technical limitation, the remakes are absolutely fantastic. Kanto is probably the best region in the whole series bar none, it was designed with limitations in mind and it was stronger for that.

Generation II
Describe Me: The Improvement (sorta? If going off by R/B/Y only)
Second Partner: Mantine
Shining Moment: Beating Red with an underlevelled team.
Favorite Legendary: Ho-Oh
Summary: My first Pokemon games but not the first I TRULY played. Even though I did beat Crystal a long time ago (after Gen 3), I'll use my judgment on HG/SS. Although the games are very fun, they suffer from pretty bad design choices. Probably the worst in the series in that regard. Johto was just small and underwhelming. It had potential but ultimately limited itself for adding (a worse) Kanto. On top of that, the Pokemon selection is awful. Not a lot of balance in the choice, and all the good Pokemon are available much later. On top of that, the difficulty curve and level balance is tripping balls. One time it's the easiest game in the series, suddenly it's the hardest next. Grinding is HELL in these games because of the low levelled encounters. Terrible, terrible, terrible. On the other hand, everything else about the games are borderline amazing. Shame about its shortcomings.

Generation III
Describe Me: The Pinnacle of the Series
Second Partner: Ludicolo/Hariyama
Shining Moment: Good god a lot
Favorite Legendary: Groudon
Summary: The absolute best of the series. And I'm not saying this because Ruby is the first Pokemon game I truly got into. In fact, I came to this conclusion just after a RECENT playthrough two months ago. I realized just how genius gen 3 is. It solved all of Gen 2's problems, and added to its improvement. The region is well expanded and big, covering many themes so it doesn't get dull. It's also very explorer-friendly with how many secrets and nitbits hidden there. The best thing about this generation though, was its simplicity. On top of having 60fps, nothing about the game was too overwhelming, but it still had enough to not be underwhelming. R/S/E had a perfect balance of everything. Roster, difficulty, region everything. What? Too much water? Use a god damn repel, for christ's sake. Oh, Pokemon suck? Subjective. Your favorite Pokemon sucks. What? No second region? Well, G/S/C was weaker because of that so...
Gen 3 is gonna be remembered for its technical superiority over the other games and also for it's humongous replayability. R/S/E are truly timeless games, and it shows. People still look very fondly of it and play it regularly.

Generation IV
Describe Me: The Appreciated Addition
Second Partner: Rampardos
Shining Moment: Can't choose. Maybe catching Dialga.
Favorite Legendary: Heatran or Dialga
Summary: A very well appreciated entry to the series. It was a great addition to the battling system, but unfortunately fell short in terms of everything else. The region, roster, level balance, pacing, etc didn't feel as good as Gen 3. It was gen 2, but better. Which, in the end, is pretty fine. Great generation. On the other hand, it introduced rough 3D graphics and reintroduced 30fps, which is really unfortunate.

Generation V
Describe Me: The Worst
Favorite Starter: Piglet
Second Partner: Scrafty (god-tier amongst a pile of mostly mediocrity)
Shining Moment: None
Favorite Legendary: None
Summary: This generation sucked. And I don't wanna explain why again, and again, and again. Just everything about it bar the battle system was terrible. Pacing, region, I just hoped Pokemon would end after these piece of crap games. Felt like a gen 4.2 rather than a true gen 5.

Generation VI
Describe Me: The Promise
To-be Starter: Froakie
To-be Second Partner: Tyrantrum
To-be Shining Moment: What?
Favorite Legendary: Yveltal I guess
Summary: The potential is huge. This might end up the gen that could come close to gen 3's brilliance for me. It looks like it'll make up for B/W which is much appreciated. Just everything about it looks promising. Well, everything, except for one big problem that could ruin it.

Last edited:

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Generation I
Describe Me: Fantastic for its time, but has not aged well.
Second Partner: Gengar
Shining Moment: MissingNo.
Favorite Legendary: Zapdos
Summary: As much as I love Gen 1, I cannot begin how many fallacies it has. There are a lot of mechanics that did not work as they were supposed to as well as some that were just terribly implemented. The music and such was good, but eh. Cannot replay for more than five minutes.

Generation II
Describe Me: Had a lot going for it.
Second Partner: Umbreon
Shining Moment: The Suicune battle in Crystal
Summary: I'm absolutely torn on this one. I had so many great memories with this game but when I try to play it now...I'm not feeling it. I want to love it again but I can't seem to.

Generation III
Describe Me: Ugh...
Second Partner: Flygon
Shining Moment: Battle with the game's legendary; Rival fight (round 2)
Favorite Legendary: Latias
Summary: Here's the thing, I can't stand gen 3 with the exception of the Pokemon introduced; the Pokemon introduced are some of the best designs ever came up with. The tiles were bland (except Emerald), the music was nothing to write home about, and goodness don't ask me to surf ever again. I did like FireRed and LeafGreen, but I honestly consider those to be something like Gen 3.5.

Generation IV
Describe Me: Low start, high end.
Second Partner: Gastrodon (oddly...)
Shining Moment: Cynthia (the beginning of her theme sentences your death)(DPPt); bringing forth Ho-Oh (HG/SS)
Favorite Legendary: Darkrai
Summary: Everyone either loves this generation or hates it...I love it. It's got some of my favorite music in the series, the games were a little slow, but probably some of the most intense in the series. Perhaps the only generation where I felt that the third game in the series was needed as a revision. Also my favorite region geography.

Generation V
Describe Me: ...my favorite?
Favorite Starter: Tepig
Second Partner: Carracosta
Shining Moment: The battle with N in his castle.
Summary: This generation was just lovely. Currently the definite experience to me in every way (maybe besides some of the English names.)

Generation VI
To be given upon release. Too early to say anything, but I've never been this hyped for Pokemon before.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
Gen 1:
Describe me: Surprisingly fun (Crystal was my first)
Favourite starter: Bulbasaur
Second partner: Kabutops
Shining moment: Beating Blue!
Favourite legendary: Zapdos
Summary: It was a little bit lacking compared to Gen 2, but my god these games are great.

Gen 2:
Describe me: OMYGAWD THIS GAME'S AWESOME!
Favourite starter: Totodile
Second partner: Tyranitar
Shining moment: Catching Mewtwo (I was so proud)
Favourite legendary: Ho-Oh
Summary: My first game...brings back so many memories...

Gen 3:
Describe me: Not bad, not brilliant either
Favourite starter: Torchic
Second partner: Cradily
Shining moment: Capturing Rayquaza to wreck everything!!!
Favourite legendary: Rayquaza
Summary: Yeah, this is a weird one for me. It wasn't bad, but I didn't really enjoy it as much as the previous generations. I'll pop this game in and play a little bit any day.

Gen 4:
Describe me: Hnnnnnnghhhh...
Favourite starter: Turtwig
Second partner: Fluffy the Garchomp
Shining moment: The Distortion World
Favourite legendary: Heatran
Summary: Definitely my least favorite. It just feels so...slow. There's a second delay for everything. Some of the pokemon are pretty cool (GARCHOMP), but the others...not so much. I absolutely loved Heart Gold and Soul Silver though.

Gen 5:
Describe me: All hail...
Favourite starter: Oshawott
Second partner: Zoroark
Shining moment: Beating N and Ghetsis
Favourite legendary: Reshiram
Summary: My favourite of the bunch. What I love about it is how different it feels (NO MORE ZUBATS). I loved the story and most of the pokemon added (I hate you Gothitelle). Overall one of the best games I've ever played.

Gen 6:
Describe me: Can't wait!
Favourite starter: Chespin (not looking forward to Quilladin at all...) or Froakie
Second partner: Dunno, I might pick Sylveon or Honedge
Shining moment: Mega Evolutions (and great hair)
Favourite legendary: Yveltal
Summary: HURRY UP OCTOBER

Back