• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What mega evolutions would you like to see?

string555

Banned
Years
I would like to see a Mega Shedinja. I know it already has the Wonder Guard ability, but because of it's type matchup, that's really not all that amazing. On top of being killed in one turn by a freakin Hail or Sandstorm, its stats really aren't that impressive, so a Mega evolution wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Mega Infernape could give Blaziken a run for its money.

But what I would absolutely cry for would be Mega Nidoking!!!!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I would like to see a Mega Shedinja. I know it already has the Wonder Guard ability, but because of it's type matchup, that's really not all that amazing. On top of being killed in one turn by a freakin Hail or Sandstorm, its stats really aren't that impressive, so a Mega evolution wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Shedinja but it has TWO Hp :OOOOOOO

anyways I want mega flygon, milotic, froslass, butterfree, dragonite, mudkip, togekiss, and ribombee.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Although mega evolution only lasted one generation, it was a really cool concept.

I mean, I fully expect Mega Evolutions to eventually make a comeback.

To answer your question, I'd love to see all the starters get Megas. So, all the Johto, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola starters. Its not fair that Kanto and Hoenn get all the love. And then, I'd like to see Mega Milotic, Mega Skarmory, and Mega Rapidash.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Mega Rhyperior
Mainly because it is the evolved form of Rhydon, which many of us know is the first Pok?mon ever created by Game Freak.

I would imagine this Pok?mon wearing much better armour, which would grant it both the Filter Ability and the Ground/Steel-type combination, mainly because it can learn many Steel-type moves.

Other Pok?mon I would enjoy being given Megas include Butterfree, Hydreigon, Gourgeist, Feraligatr, Granbull, Eelektross, Weavile, Electivire, Flygon, and Milotic.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
I'd like to see no mega. We already have enough, and Mega Evolutions are, in my opinion, part of the reason I don't really enjoy the games anymore. As much as I love MegaMeta, Mega Bird Jesus/Pidgeot, Beedrill and Mega Mewtwo Y, there's no need to megafy everything.

Flygon can just have an increase in Speed or Attack and be fine.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Agreed, I think Megas are a great and more fun alternative to cross gen evolution, but some Pokemon can easily be improved by a simple increase in some of their stats, like Mantine for example, can't understand why GF doesn't do this more often.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I was hugely disappointed when they didn't add more megas in gen 7. Personally I think megas outshine Alolan forms.
Also the later gens lack megas with 5 and 6 only having 1 each. Obviously any of the final evolutions of the starters can have a mega, though gen 2's starters would be the ones I want to see the most.

Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Typhlosion
Meganium
Feraligatr
Flygon
Armaldo
Staraptor
Drifblim
Hippowdon
Porygon-Z
Musharna
Gigalith
Krookodile
Jellicent
Chandelure
Talonflame
Aegislash
Malamar
Klefki

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 10, 2017
Mega Luxray, because he would look even more badass with a mega, hopefully they add some new ones when they diamond/pearl remakes come out ( if they ever come out ;) )
I have to agree on the fact that butterfree didnt get a mega, but beedrill did, because butterfree actually could use one
Game freak logic :D

Years
Mew, Milotic, Ninetales, Flygon, Sinnoh starters, Butterfree, Beautifly, and, Lapras all deserve mega evolutions!

Last edited:
Years
I'm still a bit disappointed that some of my favorites (Azumarill, Slowking, Butterfree, Hawlucha, Crobat, Empoleon...) didn't get Megas, especially when certain Pokemon (Audino, Camerupt, Medicham) seemed like head scratchers to me. Hopefully we'll see new Mega Evolutions in the future, but I'm kinda expecting them to expand on more Z-moves instead.

Years
I think more Pokemon from 5th gen should get one. Audino was great choice imho, but Unova starters could have good looking Megas.

Also it always seemed weird, that 6th gen Pokemon don't have any Megas, given that Mega Evolution is mostly situated in Kalos.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Buterfree.
Wigglytuff.
Arcanine.
Tentacruel.
Dragonite.

The Johto Starters.
Dunsparse.
Skarmory.
Kingdra.

Milotic
Flygon.

The Sinnoh starters.
Cherrim.
Spiritomb.

Unova starters.

And so many more.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 1, 2022
I would love to see some Gen 5,6 and 7 megas! and Legendaries there are alreaady a loooooooot of awesome fanmade designs!

Back