• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer's guilt

Years
We all love Pokemon or else we wouldn't be here. I think also it's common to get excited and even emotional when we play. I definitely smile when I am having special interactions with Pokemon like feeding them poke beans in SM/USUM and seeing their faces and their show of affection. Talking to them and gathering things alongside them as they follow me around in HGSS is also nice. I feel proud and pumped when we win important battles together and enter the Hall of Fame, and grateful to my Pokemon. I definitely make some noise if I see a shiny pokemon. I'm a pretty excitable gal when it comes to Pokemon.

What goes up must come down though. I also occasionally have moments that I regret. There have been instances where I have misclicked on the move or Pokemon, or just wasn't thinking and the mistake caused Pokemon on my team to faint or take unnecessary damage, and I feel crappy when that happens. It's not just about the battle, I feel bad that I caused my friend to get hurt.

Have you ever had one of those "Oh Muk" moments? Maybe you were playing with your pokemon in Pokemon, accidentally petted them in a spot they don't like, and the pokemon reacted like it was in pain. I have done that, and felt guilty. Something like "aw sorry" will probably shoot out of my mouth on instinct.

Some of you nuzlocke players I bet have felt the unhappiness of losing a beloved teammate and not being allowed to use it again. C'mon fess up!

Years
I definitely feel a strong bond with my Pokémon while playing the games. Since X/Y, Whenever my team is defeated, I always feel bad for them and try to cheer them up by feeding/petting them. I also hate it when I accidentally pet them in a spot they don't like and they get all mad lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I felt bad for abandoning my Meganium for my new Extremespeed Dratini in HeartGold after defeating the Elite Four for the first time, eventually I actually went back and put it in Day Care so at least it could be out of its Poké Ball.

Years
to be honest, i kinda felt sorry to put my female timid natured purrloin, choro, into the pc, in pokemon white, but i wanted the psychic type, elgyem... i have other pokemon in the pc too, but she's hasn't been in there before... she'll be alright, though...

Last edited:
Years
I don't ever put my starter in the box bcs I see it as my pet. Something that trusts and loves me.

So I go out and get it maimed constantly.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
When I was doing a nuzlocke for the past couple weeks with Platinum.

I lost my Empoleon to a critical hit in the elite four.

I was so hurt I decided to say "Forget the nuzlocke". I revived him and beat the game normally.

Years
I feel so silly and regretful for restarting my Diamond and Platinum games. They had so many old mons from 15-18 years ago, and even my very first shinies. would've loved to see them again. sigh ;_;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i have developed this new habit of training everything in my box at least until it evolves. idk i just started feeling bad the pokemon weren't being used and i was kind of like meh seeing a box of unevolved pokemon. involves a lot of time wasting but honestly it was fun and i enjoyed it.

look how nice it is having a box of fully evolved pokemon

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
I replaced my Pangoro mid/ late game and felt guilty about it. I mostly decide on my members but once I stick with one, I keep them. I replaced the poor fella for my new Malamar.

Back