• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

piefara

human
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
fennnekin is fennekin awsome but so is chespin probably choosing fennekin first but chespin in the next gen 6 game x2 and y2 or more likely z! (i hope Z)

Victini

I've come to be pretty disappointed about the starter types for the time being...

I was really hoping with the second display of moves by the starters that they showed on the trailer that they'd begin dual-typed.
Sadly, they are just pure Water, Grass, and Fire like usual. OTL;

Aaaa, I'm sad. T^T;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 27, 2017
All three of them are looking good, but something about Chespin's design I like more than the others. Hope they all get nice looking evolutions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well, I read on serebii that Nintendo has confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire and Water respectively, sooo I guess they are going to stick to tradition for the primary starters to be a pure type in that regard.

I'm glad really. Save the best typings til last, start the starters off with the traditional typings, 'tis good to me.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
And now we just have to wait for the secondary types (if any) to be announced... Fennekin = Fire/Fighting ;;
Spoiler:

Fairly certain this is fake, but if Fennekin's evo turns out anything like this, I could care less if it was Fire/Fighting.

I'm kind of hoping the starter evos all turn out to be pure types. Call me boring, but for some reason I prefer single-typed starters.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Spoiler:

Fairly certain this is fake, but if Fennekin's evo turns out anything like this, I could care less if it was Fire/Fighting.

I'm kind of hoping the starter evos all turn out to be pure types. Call me boring, but for some reason I prefer single-typed starters.

I'm pretty sure that would have to be fake. I really hope that's not the evolution. Although, there are some qualities I'd like to take from that and put into Fennekin's line. For one, I do want Fennekin to turn bipedal at some point. I'd also like those glove-like features on its paws. They my seem a little indicative of fighting, but I don't think they scream fighting type.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Im choosing the fire starter without a doubt, the other ones dont look stupid but they defenitly are not the best pokemon starters so far

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
I'll go with Fennekin because i've always chosen fire types and their designs always look the best imo. Although Froakie almost tied me over but i just really want to use that fire fox thingo !

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'll definitely choose the Fire Fox Fennekin! I fell in love with it the second I laid my eyes on it. I'll try out Froakie and perhaps Chespin as well. I don't usually use Grass-types in my teams, but I'm going to be open-minded this time round and try out this new rodent-like Pokemon. Chespin, please surprise me. :)

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Serebii is reporting ALL starters are PURE TYPES!

Fennecin does NOT need Boxing Gloves!

Well, their first stages at least. They did not say specifically that they would be pure types in the last stage. As far as I know, bulbasaur is the only one with two types in his first stage.
I'd like them to be Fire/Psychic (quadruped please), Grass/Dark, Water Fighting. This way, each starter would have an advantage against the other two.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
Think chespin's gonna be another Oshawott. Funny looking but adorable when in a certain art style. Froakie's just weird....

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
I'd like them to be Fire/Psychic (quadruped please), Grass/Dark, Water Fighting. This way, each starter would have an advantage against the other two.

This is exactly what I have been hoping for for so long. I really want it to happen this way, because there has never been a quadruped fire starter! And I reeeally hope Chespin's evolution is bipedal!

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
Years
Looking at the starters I'm thinking about picking Fennekin, however if Chespin's final form is going to be a Grass/Dark type (there's a rumor going around) then i'm picking Chespin. Froakie just doesn't look that cool to me, it's strange though I usually go for the Water or Grass starter. xP (With the exception of Gen II...)

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023

I'm actually hoping that it doesn't turn out that way. Making Fennekin into a Fire/Psychic quadruped fox would make it a little to similar to Ninetales for my taste. I know Ninetales isn't actually part Psychic, but it has demonstrated psychic abilities. If it were going to be a "subtype trio" of sorts, I'd like it to be Fire/Rock (with an Egyptian Sphinx theme), Grass/Fighting (with a Robin Hood theme), and Water/Flying (with a balloon frog theme)

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I consider myself as an emotionless guy most of the time..

But just one look at Fennekin that thing is too adorable not to pick... definitely starting with Fennekin...

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I've voted for Fennekin. I usually pick Water-types for my starters, but Fennekin already looks very attractive. (And hey, I wonder if it will learn Attract by level up! We'll have to wait and see...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back