• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Outside The Entei Dorm ---> Cafeteria
------------------------------

Maxwell smiled widely as Genevieve asked about where he had gotten the egg. He shuffled the case it was in yet again before answering, "My dad sent it for me with Hugin. Why, I don't know. Probably some sort of 'settling-down-present' or something..." He thought about what she had said regarding the matter of Hugin warming up to her. Since the Dark-type would be with Maxwell for just one day, he doubted it but decided to not say anything about it. Instead he took notice of Genevieve's further interest in the egg,

"It's actually an egg containing a Togepi!" He said enthusiastically, pointing at the - to him - familiar blue and red triangles on the egg's shell. "Dad most certainly got it from the old Day-Care couple on Route 34 back in Johto or recieved it from Professor Elm. That is actually how I obtained Quillie now that I think about it!"

A Pokémon that changed their appearence depending on what season it was? Maxwell certainly hadn't heard of something like that before, it sounded pretty cool actually. "I guess that book is true since Wilson always seems to be the most lively during the winter. While Quillie just sulks over the fact that the snow melts and turns into water when he's too close to it. However that Pokémon you described seems really cool, what's it called?" He asked curiously.

Hugin wasn't as pleased as his Trainer's son. In fact, the crow was a bit annoyed for being ignored like that. Him? Such a handsome and cool Pokémon shouldn't be neglected so easily by two humans! Pssh, they knew nothing of true class. And then, that human girl tried to pet him? After treating him like that as well as being an outsider? Unacceptable! The Honchkrow glared at her once again, however this time the look was saying "Pet me if you like to gamble with your life."

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Cafeteria]

After finally getting all of her things together (which wasn't much--a tray and a piece of fruit with two bites out of it), Tristen stood from her seat and waved to the people she had just been introduced to by Rosalyn.

"Hello." She looked over at the three people standing next to her. Alice was following Jimmy around, and it was quite apparent that Rosalyn had a little thing for him too.
Yeah... I think I should leave. Wouldn't want to "intrude" on this little group.

She had to finish up anyways; she had yet to sign into the office, find out what classes she had, where her dorm room was, and put all of her belongings in her room. (But, being a minimalist, there wasn't much to put away.)

As she took another step to leave the table, Tristen added, "Thank you, Rosalyn. I suppose I'll see you around."

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Vriska Van der Douchevald
167.gif
092.gif
025.gif

CHAPTER TWO: A... PECULIAR CHARACTER
PART II

A conversation with the peculiar guy soon started after he commanded his Pokemon to stop their weird spectacle.

During this conversation, Vriska was trying to maintain his interest in this person, but the beach was forcing her to drift off several times.

"Vriska was it?" It was after hearing her name that Vriska finally began paying attention once more, "Never head a name like that before," The boy proceded, "But a name I hear constantly is my own. I'm Isaac." Isaac said tipping an imaginary hat.

Isaac hopped down from one of the support posts of the pier with a flipp and landed infront of Vriska, making her shriek, afraid of having Issac hitting her or something. What a lousy acrobat, she thought.

"Nice to meet you." She said after a while, "Hey, um... You're a trainer, right?" She asked with genuine shyness as Issac stared at her, "Mind if we have a battle? I want to make sure my Pokemon aren't out of shape."

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent & Alice Crenshaw
Academy Cafeteria

Alice smiled at everyone while Jimmy took the drawing that Rosalyn handed over to him. By watching it, he somehow felt better, and a faint smile appeared on his face. Curious, Alice, who was sitting next to Jimmy, took a look at the drawing. She could see it was a Duskull firing a pulse of dark energy at a Seviper. She couldn't work out the true meaning of the drawing, but she was amazed by it. It was as if someone had taken a picture of that battle!

"Wow, you're really good at this Rosalyn!" she said, smiling at her.

Jimmy put the drawing in his bag carefully, and then proceeded to finish his breakfast. The girl known as Tristen left the table. Jimmy raised his arm to say goodbye, while Alice was much more, let's say, social. "Bye, then," she said, "I hope we meet again!"

Wow, that coffee really kicked in on the red-haired girl. She went from being all sleepy and emotionless to being hyper and her usual happy self. Guess her problem was just lack of sleep, huh? One nap after the coffee's effects wore off and she'd be as good as new!

"So, um, what classes are you in?" she asked Rosalyn and Jimmy.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve Molyneux
Cafeteria

Genevieve's eyes shined when he mentioned it was a Togepi egg and she looked closer at it as the two entered the Cafeteria. "Wow Maxy, that is so neat, Togepi are pretty rare, and they're adorable Pokemon too" she said excitedly. "any yeah, even encounters with Pokemon in the wild differ from season to season, and I'd figure that Pokemon with more fur are alright when it's colder, while Pokemon without fur or with less fur prefer the warmer weather, but also their type comes into affect with that as well, and the Pokemon's name is Deerling" she smiled at him before looking back at Hugin who was glaring at her as if daring her to pet him.

This caused her to pull her hand away from him and instead she put her arm through one of Maxwell's instead. She figured that she probably wasn't going to get the bird Pokemon to like her, and if she had gone ahead and tried to pet it, it probably would have bitten or scratched her. "So what are you going to have for Breakfast?"

Rosalyn Smith
Cafeteria

Rosalyn smiled and waved goodbye to Tristen before turning her attention to Jimmy and Alice. She at first felt a bit unsure about Alice but she could tell Jimmy didn't know the girl that well so she had no reason to start to feel jealous. She waited and watched for Jimmy's reaction to the drawing and when she saw the faint smile on his face she beamed at him. It made her feel better to know he liked the drawing and that it had done what she had intended make him feel better.

"T-Thank you Alice" she said smiling at the praise. "art is one of the ways I make money, I'm actually planning on selling some painting and sketches in Oak town after class" she told the girl before looking at Jimmy with a blush. It was obvious to everyone but the boy across from her what her feelings for him were. As she took another sip of her coffee she heard Alice ask what classes they were in.

"Oh, well today I have Advanced Pokemon Theory, what about you guys?"

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Sure I got time to spare. Classes aren't for a while considering most people are jsut making it to breakfast now. Ace on the sand." Isaac said sending out his trapinch.

The ever silent trapinch clashed its jaws together making audible clicks to announce his appearance. The little silver ground type instantly noticed he was on sand and began to roll around in it with utter joy. closest thing to a desert on the island.

"I'm set. Suggest you ready up too." Isaac said then jumped down off the pier onto the beach.

His remaining pokemon sat on the sidelines and waited.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Vriska Van der Douchevald
167.gif
092.gif
025.gif

CHAPTER TWO: A... PECULIAR CHARACTER
PART III

"I've never seen that Pokemon before..." Vriska said upon spotting the Trapinch, "And my crappy Pokedex won't help for sure."

Vriska stared at her Pokemon, all of them were filled with excitement as it was their very first battle in the island. She was analysing them, trying to figure out which one would be the best choice.

"Well, I... I guess it's your time to shine Nebula." Vriska said uncertain, as she hadn't used Nebula a lot ever since it was caught, even when it had a very versatile moveset.

Nebula slowly hovered from the top of Vriska's head and placed himself in front of her.

"Well..." Vriska said, showing a small bit of impatience, "Who goes first?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Cafeteria]

Tristen left the table and went back to the cafeteria line to grab some pokefood for her before she went back outside. The morning air was chill, and Tristen was glad that she had packed a hoodie in her bag. She would have to buy some winter clothing later as the weather got colder.

"Skarmory! I've got food." She called out to the skies, and she knew he could hear her and would be over as soon as his clumsy little tail could get to her.

Tristen reached up to her ponytail and reached up for a pokeball to release Gabriel, her polite Croagunk that had OCD tendencies. She unclipped the ball from her custom made headband that held two others and threw it to the ground, where, in a flash of light, the little purple frog appeared.

She started walking towards the main office that was on the other side of campus to sign in. Gabriel followed her loyally, only a step behind her. Not stopping her brisk walk, she bent over and handed Gabriel the little bag of food so that he could walk while eating. "Here you go, Gabe. Tell me what you think. They had different flavors, so I figured you could try a little variety."

He accepted it from her, tried a bite, tugged on her pant leg, and exclaimed with joy. He was liking the change. Tristen smiled at him and patted him gently on the head. "You're my little gentleman." He croaked with a smile on his face in reply.

Skarmory eventually flew in to join them, only after a near crash landing on the dirt path in front of them. Trinity shook her head as she tossed food piece by piece into his open mouth. "We're really going to have to do something about that landing, Skarmory. One day I'm going to be flying with you, and you're going to get me killed."

He simply shook his head and asked for another bite of food. Tristen tossed another piece at him. "You're just going to have to work a way around that extra hole in your tail. Simply flying in a straight line won't get you very far, I'm afraid."

Gabriel tugged on her pant leg again and gave her his empty food bag. She threw Skarmory's last piece of food as high as she could into the air for him to catch before crumpling the two bags together and tossing them in the nearest trash can.

"Well, we're almost to the office. You can stay out and stretch your legs, Gabe. Skarmory, you must be tired. Take a break, will ya?" Tristen returned the steel bird to his pokeball and put it on her headband.

They were only about one hundred feet away when she stopped walking. "Oh, come on." She squinted at the office window in the distance. "I don't even think there's anyone there yet."

Years
C.J. Styles
Cafeteria --> Poke Center

C.J. stood after he and his Pokemon finished their breakfast. Recalling both Ax and Chomp he placed his tray on the cart and headed towards the door. Their were more Trainers there now, and it seemed to be getting more crowded by the second. "Glad I'm getting out now," he thought to himself, "Don't need anyone trying to be overly friendly."

Once outside the cafeteria he glanced around getting his bearing on which way the Poke Center was. After a moment he noticed the arrowed sign pointing the way. Duh. He walked along Ace and Custos in tow. After a few minutes he reached the Center. Handing the Poke Balls of Ax and Chomp over to Nurse Joy he looked around for a PC.

He took a seat in front of the PC and clicked the button to start it up. While waiting he took out his Pokedex, searching the Pokemon named Golett. "Golett, the Automaton Pokémon. It is said that Golett was instructed to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient civilization that created it." his Pokedex read aloud. "Nothing listed under Habitat or Behavior. I take it not much is known about it, probably why Dad wants one. I'll check it's type maybe that'll give a clue." He thought as he scrolled to the type section. Ground/Ghost, not that helpful either.

The PC finished booting up so he began searching the Academy News Articles for any sight of Golett. Several failed attempts and he finally found a couple things of interest after searching the keyword 'Ghosts'. Lugia Dorm; The Lugia Dorm was the forth and highest Tier Dorm room until it was infested with ghosts … blah blah blah … Ghosts and other Pokemon sighted in this area include.. No Golett, the search continues… The Dead Forest; Now that seems interesting.. Not much information on it; suspected hiding spot for a murderer? Now that's different. "I guess that's where I start my search." He thought. "I'll dig up a little more information while I wait I guess." He thought as he scanned the pages of news regarding The Dead Forest.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)

Training Academy/Cafeteria
Wyatt had finally arrived to the academy area and his stomach felt like it had shriveled up like a raisin and he had gone a few hours without food. Without hesitation or delay he asked students on campus until he had arrived in the Cafeteria.

Upon entering the Cafeteria Wyatt felt his day had taken a 360 turn around for the better. The place wasn't deserted and it also wasn't packed full, just like how Wyatt liked it. Without haste Wyatt rushed in line and picked up a tray carrying a muffin, an apple. and some Orange Juice.

Wyatt scouted the cafeteria for a suitable place to sit and found a table that suited his tastes. Upon sitting down Wyatt tried to figure out what he would do after he ate.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Kilik Chambers - Academy Cafeteria

502.png
571.png
207.png
403.png
633.png

Kilik took only a few bites of his eggs, not feeling that hungry. His mind was still on his parents, & today. Upon thinking, some student boy sat next to him. "Urm, Ex...excuse me? Do you know where we can get some Pokemon food?" he asked. As usual, new friends are always near. "Sorry, forgive me, my names James, James Holden - but most people here call me Fang." Fang...nice name.

"Hey Fang," Kilik replied. He got out his backpack & took out a bottle full of Pokefood. "I actually have some right here, I make it all the time." He offered some to Fang & put it back into his backpack. Yaiba was still eating his Pokefood, keep his own business.

"I'm Kilik Chambers, just Kilik," he introduced himself a little moody. Guess his mind was still on today, but not much. At least this Fang can keep him company & drift his mind off his parents. "What...class are you taking?" He stopped making eye contact with Fang & ate a mouthful of his breakfast. What class does IS Fang taking? Unlikely his class would be the same as Kilik's, but hey, why not?

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015

Fang - First student encounter!

Fang looked up when the boy offered him some poke food, a slight smile as he took the bottle.

"Kilik - cool name, and thank you for the poke food."

He placed the poke food next to his trey and called forth his three pokemon, Macie the Joltik, Skull the Duskull and Sneasel, as the three appeared, they first looked to the portion of poke food then to Fang himself, who nodded and sneasel and Macie moved forwards. It was a moment before Fang realized that Skull didnt need as much food as the other two.

"Class, urm - l..let me check."

It was a moment as Fang rummaged around in his bag before he got the piece of paper that had listed his class assignments, he looked at it and he frowned as he was unable to make much sense of it, so he held out the sheet to Kilik.

"Sorry, but could you help me decipher this? I only got here last night."

As he spoke, his face fell a bit, almost ashamed that he was this unprepared. Meanwhile Macie and Sneasel where tucking into their food, while Skull nibbled at a solitary biscuit and Fang's own food lay forgotten, slowly getting colder.

He reached and grabbed at some of his food with his free hand, the one holding the rota moved so that he could have another look at it.

"Hrm, on second look - it would appear that I have a lesson with some general experts, N Harmonia (General Expert), Christopher Jacob Styles, Olivia Wolf, Lincoln West and James Storeson. That mean anything to you Kilik?"

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Academy Cafeteria

Jimmy sighed after Alice's question as he remembered the class he was in. Rosalyn replied, saying she was in a class named "Advanced Pokémon Theory". Alice nodded happily, while Jimmy shrugged.

"Whatever. I'm in this class about berries, and stuff." Jimmy said, his voice showing his lack of enthusiasm.

Then Alice's jaw dropped. "Get out!" she said, "I'm in a class about berries too! What was it called...Usage of Berries and Poffin Making! Yeah, that's it!" Jimmy turned to her, raising his right eyebrow, looking confused. Well, it was not much of a confused face as it was a what-is-wrong-with-this-girl? face. But you get the point. Was she always like that? Or was that the coffee talking?

"Doesn't it sound interesting?" she asked Jimmy happily.

"Yeah, terrific." Jimmy replied sarcastically.

Then he turned to Rosalyn, and so did Alice. She could see she was blushing and stuttering while talking to Jimmy, as well as acting a little shy. And, unlike the rebellious-looking boy, she knew what this meant, and she giggled. She likes him! she thought.

Meanwhile Jello, feeling bored, telepathically asked Alice if he could go back inside his Pokéball. The girl briefly turned to him and pressed the button on his Pokéball, sending him back inside. Then she put the Pokéball back on her belt and turned back to Jimmy and Rosalyn. Jimmy and Rosalyn... she thought, giggling again.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Sage Smith
Classroom

After he had finished breakfast Sage had gathered his belongings and left the cafeteria heading to his classroom. Looking around he saw a few desks at the front of the room facing the teachers Desk and a chalkboard. With a faint smile he picked up a piece of chalk and wrote on the board "Mr. Sage Smith. Usage of Berries and Poffin Making: Poffin Basics" after he wrote that he set up his papers on the desk as well as setting a small silver tray on the front of the desk. He pulled out the prize for today and set it on the tray before covering it with a glass case and then covered that with a cloth so no one could see what was in it.

He then turned his attention to the back of the classroom where he saw several stoves and work stations. Walking around he set a Bucket down on each of the work stations that were filled with the basic berries, not the rarer ones but the normally found ones. Oran Berries, Rawst Berries, etc. After he did that he took a seat at his desk in the front setting down a plate of freshly made poffins on the desk to show the class when it started.

Rosalyn Smith
Cafeteria

Rosalyn smiled faintly as she heard Jimmy's lack of enthusiasm. He really didn't seem interested in the class, while Alice on the other hand did was extremely excited for it. Though Rosalyn couldn't help but feel a bit odd as she thought of what they said the name of the class was. It struck her as odd in a way at first before she came up with what she was thinking. Seeing her oldest brother who was obsessed with plants, and now this class but she had to be sure.

"H-Hey Jimmy, Alice. Who's your teacher for that class?" she asked curiously though she was also a bit worried about the answer and was hoping she was wrong.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Academy Cafeteria

Jimmy shrugged, as a way of saying he had no idea who the teacher was, while Alice, who was about to finish her last muffin, tried to remember. "The teacher was Mister...Smith, I think." she said. Then she remembered that Rosalyn's last name was Smith as well. Could they...be related? she thought, Nah, I don't think so. After all, Smith is a pretty common last name, right? After that thought, she gobbled up what was left of her muffin, and took one last sip of her coffee.

"Whatever." Jimmy muttered and sighed.

"Is something wrong, Jimmy?" Alice asked, "You act like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Jimmy sighed and rolled his eyes. "Although..." she added, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to..."

Seriously, what's wrong with him? Alice thought.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Cafeteria

Rosalyn nodded as Alice said the teachers name was Mister Smith. It was true that her last name was a very common one so she couldn't just assume the teacher was who she thought it was. She was snapped out of her own thoughts when she looked over at Jimmy and he still seemed grumpy and upset. Before she could say something Alice asked him what was wrong. Rosalyn looked at him worried for a minute as she finished her breakfast and coffee.

She knew how her friend normally got if asked if something was wrong and she checked the time deciding it was time for her to head off to class. "Well it was nice to meet you Alice, But I think I'm gonna go ahead and head to class, better to be early than late." she smiled and stood putting her sketch book in her bag before walking to Jimmy and hugging him "see you after class Jimmy" she whispered hugging him a few seconds longer than the average hug between friends. When she pulled back she was blushing deeply and picked up her trash from the table and walked off with a wave.

Years
Ryan walked out of the Pokémon centre and headed to the cafeteria whilst continually consulting his map for guidance.

He eventually arrived and saw that there were quite a few people in there already, but luckily there were empty tables so Ryan wouldn't have to intrude on any of the students' conversations. Ryan guessed that he looked out of place as many teachers probably ate in their rooms. However Ryan preferred food that he didn't have to put effort into making, mainly because Ryan couldn't cook.
With a last look around for an empty table (so Ryan wouldn't look stupid standing around for ages after getting his food) he walked off to get in the queue and decided to get as much as he could, without looking piggish. That probably didn't work as he got quite a few strange looks from the canteen staff. Ryan just looked at them and said,
"No food for a very long time."
The staff people just nodded and he took his overfilled tray to the table he had previously selected and began walking towards it.
Then with that, Ryan sat down to eat. Hoping that he would finish it all in time for his lesson. This seemed likely but Ryan was unsure even when his lesson began.
"I'll just wait for lots of people to leave, or I'll ask someone, depends if I finish or not." Ryan thought.
Then he ate for the first time in over 24 hours.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Academy Cafeteria

Jimmy said goodbye to Rosalyn as she hugged her for quite a long time and left for her class. He could see that her cheeks were still reddish, but still couldn't understand why. Alice looked at them and giggled again. "Bye, Alice! See you soon!" she said happily. Jimmy then turned to Alice.

"What's so funny?" he asked.

"Oh, never mind. It's just...something funny that happened to me..." Alice said, obviously lying, "Don't worry about it."

"Humph, whatever." he said, "Let's just get to class."

Alice nodded, and both stood up. Alice took a napkin and wiped her mouth with it, while Jimmy did the same with his jacket. Alice threw the napkin away in a bin and then both left the cafeteria. "I think it's this way." Alice said, trying to hold back many things that he wanted to ask Jimmy, but wouldn't dare to because he seemed to be in a bad-freaking-mood. And he was.

"Soo, um, Jimmy..." she asked, the effects of coffee still keeping her sort of hyperactive and making her long for a conversation, "What's up? Mind telling me why you're so grumpy?". Jimmy stayed silent. "Come on, you can tell me! I swear, if you want me to keep it a secret, I will." she added, and Jimmy looked at her and rolled his eyes. "Pleeeaaaseee?"

"Humph, fine." he said, "I lost a battle yesterday, okay? Now don't tell anyone."

"Ok, my lips are sealed." Alice said as both reached the classroom. She placed her hand on Jimmy's shoulder. "I lost yesterday too," she whispered, "so I know how you feel..." Then she remembered about Roxas, the training, and she found herself blushing. Dammit, not now! she thought, and shook her head. "Well, time to get in!" she said, and walked inside the classroom happily.

"Whatever..." Jimmy muttered and walked inside the classroom. He took a seat, and Alice sat down next to him. However, Jimmy's eyes widened when he saw the teacher there. The guy was there the day before, watching the battle with Rosalyn!

Years
Kayla and Holly

Kayla ran back to her room and sighed. Maybe I was wrong to try to force her to do that... She picked up a bag and put some candy in a bag. Rosemary jumped on her shoulder and purred. Kayla walked back to the cafeteria and went to where Holly was. "What do you want?", Holly asked. Kayla sat down and sighed. "I want to apologize. I should've known you weren't ready." Holly looked up at her and sighed. "It's OK. I know you were just trying to help.", she said, returning Lumina into her pokeball. "I have to get to class. I'll see you later." Kayla nodded and waved.

Holly walked out of the cafeteria and looked around for her classroom. "Do you know where my class is?", she asked Molly. Molly rolled her eyes and shook her head. Holly sighed and kept looking for her classroom. After a while she found it and walked in. She noticed that there were some students there already. I hope I'm not late... She looked around for a seat and found one, sitting down and letting Molly sit on her head.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haru saw Holly walk through the door of the classroom and began to panic. Oh crap! What do I do? What do I say? He stood up and began to walk towards the back left hand corner. He found a desk and sat down. For an extra measure, he put his head down and covered it. Maybe she won't notice me, and maybe notice I'm gone and worry!

He made sure that Void wasn't going to pop out and ruin his hiding spot,and rooted through his bag for something...a fake mustache. Those disguises always worked! He attached the fake facial hair to his upper lip. Ultimate stealth!

Haru saw Holly walk through the door of the classroom and began to panic. Oh crap! What do I do? What do I say? He stood up and began to walk towards the back left hand corner. He found a desk and sat down. For an extra measure, he put his head down and covered it. Maybe she won't notice me, and maybe notice I'm gone and worry!

He made sure that Void wasn't going to pop out and ruin his hiding spot,and rooted through his bag for something...a fake mustache. Those disguises always worked! He attached the fake facial hair to his upper lip. Ultimate stealth!

Last edited:
Back