• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Eh, 5 isn't really that small though. 5.5 as I put it is too big for me, but I'm fine with 5. I think it has to do with the bezel on the note line that puts me off more then anything.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
It's not too bad once you get used to it. Honestly I just will get used to a smaller screen if I get one smaller. :3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yup. It works perfectly again. It's really funny - the repair sheet said this for the problem:

Code:
[b]WORK PERFORMED:[/b] [314]- REPLACED PBA - CRACKED EPOXY

Dunno what that means, but as long as my phone isn't just a glorified MP3 player, I'm happy.

And it is the same phone right? All the same crap, same IMEI?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
As far as it goes, yes, all the same. Using *#06# to reveal my IMEI showed that the IMEI matched the one that was on the bottom of the phone's box. It got wiped again, not that I mind, I have a CWM backup from right before I restored it to pure stock.

I'm glad they were able to fix it though. That's always a relief.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yeah, it is. tbh when I popped back in the SIM card and got it working, I kinda felt like I missed it. I'm more used to it than any other phone and the one I borrowed was really limited, especially with less than 300 MB of ram. Not to mention the battery dropped an entire 15% when it was fully charged for no apparent reason.

That goes with the quote "You never know what you have until you've lost it" ...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm okay with 3.5 inch screens myself. I'm not okay with anything smaller than that...or screens larger than 5 inches. You know, ladies's jean pockets are too small and I have a habit of keeping my phone in my pocket. lol

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My dad and twin bro both got new phones. I'm still using my dinky non-smart phone from 2010 or so. :( I don't want to spend $30+ a month on a plan, though. Sucks to be me honestly.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My phone has a 4.3" 800x480 display and IE9 Mobile isn't exactly the best thing to use for mobile sites these days, but it still gets the job done.

Sometimes, though, I do wish for HD goodness.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
My phone has a 4.3" 800x480 display and IE9 Mobile isn't exactly the best thing to use for mobile sites these days, but it still gets the job done.

Sometimes, though, I do wish for HD goodness.

My Xperia E came with a 3.5" 360x640 but the resolution was too low for my like-ing so I changed it to 1280x768

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I think a lot of people are discovering the "sweet spot" of phones to be between 4.5 and 5 inches.
Which is exactly why I still can't deal with the iPhone. I need that 4.5 inch screen on it, and I'll be fine with it. Maybe even a lower price, but the day apple drops their premium is when hell freezes over apparently.
Edit:How the hell do you change a fixed resolution?

Years
I'm looking to hopefully own a Nokia Lumia 520 as one of my Christmas gifts, and that phone seems small enough for me.. and the 480x800 resolution hopefully is plenty for me.

Speaking of resolutions, I guess it's bad enough that I have seen Android tablets on the market with the 800x480 resolution.. that's a little too small for a tablet resolution if you ask me. :\

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I still see some low-end Android phones with screen resolutions of 400x240 or lower, coupled with tiny screens (<3.5") and the cheapest TN panel they can get (horrendous viewing angles from any way). When we have screens that low-resolution and tiny, things are going to be quite painful.

I guess I should be grateful that Microsoft has a 800x480 minimum requirement for all Windows Phones, no matter how low-end it is. 800x480 might not seem to be a lot these days, but a lot of desktop web pages should remain fully viewable even when zoomed out.

It's kind of telling how the minimum screen resolution required for Windows 8/RT certification is 1024x768, but nobody makes tablets with that kind of display resolution: the practical minimum I've seen seems to be either 1280x800 (for 16:10, seen in 8" tablets) or 1366x768 (for 16:9).

I'm actually glad that there are strict standards on the Windows side.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My old infuse was 1078 x 700. my iPhone is 640 x 960, 2448 x 3264 with images.

Yo Android, are you listenin'? xD

Years
"iPhones are easier to use, less complicated, easier to text." ~ a comment on facebook

Because android phones exhibits a significant level of complexity, such that I must avoid them for higher-priced alternatives.

Years
There's always going to be pros and cons between iOS and Android. And while I do prefer Android to iOS for the time being, it doesn't mean I hate iOS at all.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah I'm the same as Zach. Just because I left Android completely for iOS doesn't mean I actually hate it. I love Android, and I do see myself using an Android phone again on the long run.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
"iPhones are easier to use, less complicated, easier to text." ~ a comment on facebook

Because android phones exhibits a significant level of complexity, such that I must avoid them for higher-priced alternatives.
Hivemind will be hivemind. Not that I hate iOS mind you, just the entire thinking behind the need for apple products. But I do go with android simply cause I can use a custom launcher and bling the hell out of the UI for something truly mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back