• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The most popular non legendary, non starter, non pseudo, non Eeveelution Pokemon of gen 2?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 13, 2018
Ampharos and Girafarig.

I wish disappointed when they got removed in Crystal.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I totally second/third/fourth/whatever Togepi/Togetic and Amphy here.

I also think Marill could be a contender, as could Blissey (in competitive battling, anyway)

In terms of personal favs though, Teddiursa, Azumarill, Mareep, Houndoom, and Bellossum rank pretty highly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ampharos yup.

Other one would be Togepi simply for the fact that it has like an "event" in-game & the anime.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Marill to me feels like a Gen. II Pikachu, so I'd imagine it being one of the most popular (at least aesthetically). There's also Pichu (which I personally favor over Pikachu, barring its modern Sugimori artwork).

Strictly from a design perspective, I think Sneasel would be my own favorite with these limitations. The original card was nice, but Dark-Type moves being Special in the GSC days made it pretty much unusable in the video games. Misdreavus, another Gen. II favorite of mine, suffered a similar fate with Ghost-Type moves being Physical.

If you define popular as Pok?mon that you're more-likely to encounter on another player's team, I agree that Ampharos and Togetic would likely be some of the more common ones. Maybe Quagsire as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Ursurang line
hitmontop
xatu
houndour line
Politoad
Ampharos
Murcrow damn there were alot gen 2 by far best one.so far just wish it was harder

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
The title is about popularity.

I'd say that Ampharos and Scizor are about even. Houndoom and Heracross are not far behind.

Last edited:
Back