• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource [COMPLETED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Long time no post!
Anyway here's Shiftry like I promised.
1oO9vZ3.png
qnFPhRn.png

Looks pretty good for being shrunk to 80% if I say so myself.

Will post more here soon!

EDIT:
Vigoroth Eyebrows, resized the front sprite to 90%
fvFV0Az.png
V8mGcTi.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I decided I'm not going to do a description of each Pokemon because I'm too lazy it's kinda dumb actually. But I might throw in a fun fact or two.

Anyhow...

*drumroll*

216_zps3824c19c.png

217_zps7a88097b.png

220_zpsc06811ef.png

221_zps38af15e2.png

222_zps634aea2d.png

Fun fact: Remoraid is based off of a handgun and Octillery is based off of a turret, which is why they learn moves that contain the word "beam". Also, if the Japanese name for Octazooka was translated properly, then it would literally be called, "Octillery Cannon". For those of you that think, "how the heck does a fish evolve into an octopus?", you have to look at them a little differently.
223_zps486ae48e.png

224_zps18c3af5d.png

225_zps9f52fc0d.png

227_zps4d66a0e0.png

231_zps80503e12.png

232_zps44ab09bc.png

234_zpsa8272959.png

235_zpsb836dffd.png

241_zpsb6a36669.png

Fun fact: The shiny colors of the legendary beasts changed between Gen IV and Gen V. I'm not sure why, though. Raikou's "cloud" is darker, Entei's fur color is a lot less red-ish and more of a faded brown, and Suicune's white fur was darkened to a light teal color. I am using the Gen V shiny colors.
243_zpsecedada1.png

244_zpsac890270.png

245_zps8b5749ee.png

246_zps901cee03.png

247_zps341c0ecf.png

248_zps785a73d1.png

249_zpsc38d8fe2.png

250_zpsf3e5fdfc.png

251_zps18dda97f.png

Credits:
dreamengine - Smeargle back, Miltank back

MrDollSteak - Larvitar back, Pupitar back, Tyranitar, Phanpy, Donphan, Delibird back, Skarmory, Mantine, Remoraid back, Octillery back, Teddiursa back, Raikou front, Entei front, Suicune front, Swinub back, Piloswine

Rizon - Raikou back, Entei back, Suicune back

wiznatts - Stantler front

Chaos Rush - everything else

1zr1834.png

2i1cy02.png

And now, we are Hoenn bound!

ninjask_front_zps90e2db41.png

ninjask_64back_zpsc55dfe0c.png

Oh, joy. Another Gen III mon that keeps its RSE proportions. Anyway, this is your friendly neighborhood Ninja Pokémon, Ninjask. I took a good few minutes trying to get the wings as close to the HGSS backsprite as I could, while Ninjask's body needed somewhat less tweaking. Speed Boost, yo!

Maybe I'll do Shedinja later, should someone not get the jump on me.

The challenge.

shedinja_64front_zpsaac6eff8.png

To push yourself farther.

shedinja_64back_zps24db92e8.png

To shed the mistakes of your past, like Ninjask casting off Shedinja, and live to improve yourself. That is the essence of self-discipline.
Sorry for not responding, but yes these are great and are accepted.

Long time no post!
Anyway here's Shiftry like I promised.
1oO9vZ3.png
qnFPhRn.png

Looks pretty good for being shrunk to 80% if I say so myself.

Will post more here soon!

EDIT:
Vigoroth Eyebrows, resized the front sprite to 90%
fvFV0Az.png
V8mGcTi.png
Accepted of course.

yYSzI7L.png

cmEQIgO.png
24Suje4.png

pvkOH18.png

YoXueTF.png
0QZ6hOT.png

Here's Phanpy and Donphan!
It turns out that I didn't end up using any of these, sorry :( But I still look forward to more contributions.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This is amazing. Just under 50 or so Pokemon & forms left to go.
Its been over 2 years, and I can't help but say bravo to all of the contributors, but especially Chaos Rush for his dedication to this project.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Awesome! Gen II done, now Gen III is left and this resource is finished :D Then we wait for the Gen VI Sprite Resource to get done XD
uhm.. well i'm sorry man.. but.. that's not gonna happen

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
uhm.. well i'm sorry man.. but.. that's not gonna happen
What are you talking about? The VI project thread appears to be alive and well. Or are you talking about Gen III?

COOL!
Where is the Mantine?
This is an older post, but Mantine is sitting in the first post's list.

Anyway, I just popped in to say thanks very much for this project. Everything here is exactly what I was looking for from the start for my own projects. I especially love the work done to ensure the older generations' sprites are matched up with the original art.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
lols wut?
Gen VI is going fine, just a bit busy atm.
Gen III'll be done quick too, I mean look at Chaos finishing the last 30 Johto pokemon in like a week!

Negativity not needed !
no no non ononnoon thats not what i mean i just remembered that chaos rush said he wouldnt do gen 6

Years
I guess I wasn't specific when I said that. I meant I'm so glad that all that is left is for Gen III to be finished and this sprite resource will be complete. Then we just wait for MrDollSteak's Gen VI Sprite Resource to get done.

Jehowi

Your Master Superior
Years
you can just look them up.. they've stayed the same size

I can't find the generation 4 pokemon party icons anywhere... The animated ones I mean. Does anybody have these in 32x64 or 64x32 format to add to Wichu's advanced icon editor?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
@Jehowi, tditdatdwt; while your conversation seems productive, you should be having it over VMs or PMs. This thread is reserved for the submitting of sprites, not chatting. Please direct your conversation to the appropriate place. :)

Years
Wooow! Very good contribution!

I just saw the second generation and very well made​​!

I really like this type of contribution, I think I will use in the future, while it will pass to a friend, who also would thank if in PC, knowing haha

Million thanks :)

papakankri

literally just a guy
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
I took a stab at Mawile (i practiced on a few that had been done already before trying for real). Mawile's big mouth thing on the back sprite kinda turns janky. And the ear flap things on the back sprite don't look great either imo.

I also slightly resized the front sprite by 95%, because the R/S sprite is slightly smaller, but feel free to use the normal front sprite if it looks bad of course.

Edit:
The sizes of the sprites are 80 x 80. They must be 64 x 64 sprites, each.
My bad, fixed.

Last edited:

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I took a stab at Mawile (i practiced on a few that had been done already before trying for real). Mawile's big mouth thing on the back sprite kinda turns janky. And the ear flap things on the back sprite don't look great either imo.

I also slightly resized the front sprite by 95%, because the R/S sprite is slightly smaller, but feel free to use the normal front sprite if it looks bad of course.

(They're in attachments bc not at 15 posts haha)
The sizes of the sprites are 80 x 80. They must be 64 x 64 sprites, each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back