• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
Well with the return of my Emerald it has become the game I'm hunting the Electrike/Manetrick on, freeing up my Sapphire to go back to looking for the Absol (and I did start looking again finally this evening) and I'm still looking for Slugma on Leaf Green. To sum things up, nothing's changed other than the resumed looking for Absol.

Can some one loan me some luck? I haven't seen a shiny this year yet. :(

You don't need the luck you have too many shinies. Well i'm staying home today so i'm going to try for the porygon.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'm off, thanks to President's Day as well...I'll be off tomorrow, too, thanks to a Teacher Workday. I don't know why, but EVERY time you post, DDD, I have this huge urge to hunt for a shiny Beldum. Maybe it's a sign? Anyways, I haven't gotten a shiny on FR for a while, so I'll be focusing on Latias, Lapras, and Beldum today. I really want a shiny Metagross, it's like one of my favorite pokemon...it'd be great if I could get an Adamant Metagross, I'd probably run a Choice Band set!

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
I have had absalutley(sp?) no luck with Eevee or Sudowoodo... Oh well good luck everyone.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Let's see:

Shinys found: 19
Shinys caught: 17
Shinys via Nintindo: 2
Shinys gotten in trade: 4
Total shinys owned: 23

There's no such thing as too many shinys, and I have been in a shiny down time here, well I'm off to hunt.

Oh! And on an off note I sent all my shinys to Colosseum so if I leave my game anywhere again I won't be leaving the shinys.

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
well i decided not to post untill i got 20 self caught shinnies . but i couldnt help myself LAST NIGHT i caught a shiny linhoone WOOTERs but ok five minutes ago i got my third shiny mudkip WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats two shinnies in two days (thats like the 3rd times ive done this XP ) so i thought i should post my catchs to raise morale of the group

later tonight when ldd gets on she'll update my card with the 3rd kip (which will now become a swampert ) WOOT im really happy i finished my first offical family 3 diffrent mudkips (THATS RIGHT NO CLONES WOHOOO) so i can say i have kip , stomp , and pert XD and thats another water pokemon crossed off my list (as you all should know my goal is to get every water pokemon shiny )

btw i havent been on for the last month or so cuz ive been playin an old gbc game with akidatheart XP but im back and as u can see still as good a hunter as ever .

sooooooooooooooooooo 1 more shiny to get my 20 self caught shinnies (shinnies i didnt get from trades or nintendo events ) and if i get another shiny this month thatll be 3 shinnies in one month (i think ive done that twice before ) .

well anyways good luck on all your hunts (specialy my lovely Darkmoon :)) and speaking of which Darkmoon sweetheart ( XP) plz add swampert to my card :)

ok im off to random hunt im so happy muahahahahahaaha (soon to be champ of the shiny hunters club BHAHAHA )

Last edited:

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
wow shido many congrads now were you hunting these three mudkips or did they all just come randomaly

btw what were the natures

lol if u read back a month or two XD ull see ive been hunting my 3 kips for about 6 or so months (possably longer) well as for their natures (all male btw wish one was a female XD might hunt kips again for a female one ) the one i just got is relaxed and the trainer id is (this is soooo cool ) 17777 XP so im going to keep that id for while before resetting my sap again for treeckos and torchics . my first kip is hasty and the second one i caught is lonely ( lol sounds like im describing their moods XD ) .

im still on my shiny high and cant figure out what to hunt im running in circles running into random pokemon every where XD

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I think my headache just got alot worse. U_u' Meh, congrats anyways dude. I just don't know why you're doing the same thing over and over again. I suppose there is indeed some light to it but quite frankly I don't see it LOL! :P Yeah... I guess to get the natures and stuff....

anyhoo....
As I said just then, I have a headache, and I hope it's gone in about an hour or so. Me and my Dad then have to go get my Mom at work, and I'm anticipating that so I can get about an hour's worth of SRing for Charmander in. Then I come home, get ready for bed, get IN bed, then do it somemore. I myself feel lucky, punk, so maybe I'll get it. :P I've gotten 2 of my shinies near the exact same time (Eevee, Totodile), so maybe I'll get my 3rd at the same time as well.
But.... I'm worried. After I get the Charmander, I'm not sure what to go after next. The ones I'm interested in require hatching for best results, but after what I've learned, that can take a very, very long time, depending on what you want and what game you go with.
I already have 1 Steel/Psychic, 1 Normal (will be Psychic however), 1 Fighting, and 1 Water Pokemon, and will have 1 Fire/Flying Pokemon. Since I'm competitive with my shinies, I lean away from the types I already have. Shiny Gengar has lost it's glint in it's eye, sadly..
So I'm looking them all over again, while working on the Charmander. I don't know where to go or where to look. :P

6,400 Steps, even when cut in half, is rather daunting. I need a new GCN Memory card... granted, that would be faster.... but then I'd have to Save'm All Over Again....
So I'm sticking with the GBA games for right now.

-DDD

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
I think my headache just got alot worse. U_u' Meh, congrats anyways dude. I just don't know why you're doing the same thing over and over again. I suppose there is indeed some light to it but quite frankly I don't see it LOL! :P Yeah... I guess to get the natures and stuff....

well anyone can clone a shiny and get a whole family complete , meh i rather get the pokemon over and over again and complete the family gives me more gratifacation knowing i didnt clone the same pokemon but have 3 diffrent pokemons . PLUS whats wrong with getting the same pokemon shiny over and over again ? if you ask me ahaving many diffrent shiny pokemon is no more valuable than getting the same pokemon shiny over and over again . I love mudkips , so if i spent my entire gaming carreer getting shiny kip after shiny kip and i end up with 50 shiny kips thats STILL 50 DIFFRENT shinnies ive caught and while they are the same species its still just as valuable as having 50 diffrent species . well to wrap up my rant a SHINY is a SHINY so if ur hunting for a pokemon and keep getting the same pokemon shiny u should still be just as happy becuase getting a second shiny of the same pokemon ( without cloning cloning = bad for actual worth and pride ) is still about 100% better than no shiny at all hence while i have 4 zigzagoons and 1 linoone form the nintendo event im still just as excited about the linoone i just caught :)

well still running around randomly hope to find something soon

*gives luck Demoonica * , nada 3 ;)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I'd rather catch seven shiny Eevee rather than cloning just one as well...but other than cloning shinies to get evolutions and such, what's wrong with cloning? I mean, if someone gets a shiny Eevee, and clones it to have all 7 Eeveelutions and one shiny Eevee, but only counts ONE as legit, is there anything wrong with that? I don't have a problem with cloning myself, so long as the cloner recognizes the clones as CLONES and nothing else.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Well nothing as long as they mention that some are cloned. The only reason that I would clone my shinies is when D/P comes out so I have a set on 3rd gen and the other set for the 4th gen.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
my problem with cloning is this , the value of shinnies is basicly gone soon as dp comes out in april . suddenly everyone will have 20 and 30 and even 50 shinnies and while u might not see a problem with that i do . no longer are shinnies going to be "rare" everyone wil just clone 50 shinnies and trade for 50 other shinnies and then every one in the world will have the same shinnies that everyone else has . i dont know about the rest of u but i dont feel any sense of fulfillment from trading clones to get other clones . you might as well just hack the game and get the shinnies that way . I take pride in the shinnies ive caught and will i clone them ? yes but only for two ppl in particular and i know they wont go cloning crazy and trade my pokemon . but other than that i wont clone my shinnies and i wont be trading for shinnies either . I have 3 shinnies i got from trades and this was before ppl knew about cloning and i know the ppl personaly so i know they didnt clone for them and so to me these shinnies are just as valuable as the shinnies ive caught myself . I have nothing against any of you who are going to be trading clones for clones left and right in two months but to me imo only the shinnies you've caught will count in my book . I also don't have anything again ppl who clone in general . if u want to clone a billion items and clone ubers fine then do so but don't honestly think you aren't cheating because you are . don't give me that nintendo put in there for u to cheat because they didn't thats why its called a glitch its just a random happening that wasnt ment to be part of the game like in d/p when they found out about the darkrai and sheimi GLITCHS they removed them (too late of course ) . so yeah its cheating but way i look at it clone and get all the shiny clones u want at the end of the day u may have more shiny clones then i do but ive caught more shiny pkmn then u (most of u XP ) clone and trade a billion ubers everyone will have the same cookie cutter team and will be easily beaten by someone with a unique team . seriously 493 pkmn can we see sum variety out there >.> stop using the same pokemon and same teams that everyone else uses it gets boring and repetitive .

lol all in all do what ever you want . I will keep hunting for my shinnies and hopefully catch more shinnies one day then anyone else has ever caught (not traded for ) even if i catch two of the same species its still a diffrent pokemon and ill keep hunting untill I really am at the top of the list for best hunters in the world (which at this rate will be in about 12 years LMAO XP )

Chesters_love

This sh!t is bananas,BANANAS!
Years
he are my huntings:

Leafgreen:Charmander (52)
Emerald:Smeargle (350)
OTHER Emerald:Gulpin (21)
Sapphire:nothing yet(still deciding)
Gold:(I know It doesn't Count,I do it anyway ;)):cyndaquil(100)

IM BUSY!(a ten-year old can only do so much)
right now im focusing on smeargle..they hate me.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
my problem with cloning is this , the value of shinnies is basicly gone soon as dp comes out in april . suddenly everyone will have 20 and 30 and even 50 shinnies and while u might not see a problem with that i do . no longer are shinnies going to be "rare" everyone wil just clone 50 shinnies and trade for 50 other shinnies and then every one in the world will have the same shinnies that everyone else has . i dont know about the rest of u but i dont feel any sense of fulfillment from trading clones to get other clones . you might as well just hack the game and get the shinnies that way . I take pride in the shinnies ive caught and will i clone them ? yes but only for two ppl in particular and i know they wont go cloning crazy and trade my pokemon . but other than that i wont clone my shinnies and i wont be trading for shinnies either . I have 3 shinnies i got from trades and this was before ppl knew about cloning and i know the ppl personaly so i know they didnt clone for them and so to me these shinnies are just as valuable as the shinnies ive caught myself . I have nothing against any of you who are going to be trading clones for clones left and right in two months but to me imo only the shinnies you've caught will count in my book . I also don't have anything again ppl who clone in general . if u want to clone a billion items and clone ubers fine then do so but don't honestly think you aren't cheating because you are . don't give me that nintendo put in there for u to cheat because they didn't thats why its called a glitch its just a random happening that wasnt ment to be part of the game like in d/p when they found out about the darkrai and sheimi GLITCHS they removed them (too late of course ) . so yeah its cheating but way i look at it clone and get all the shiny clones u want at the end of the day u may have more shiny clones then i do but ive caught more shiny pkmn then u (most of u XP ) clone and trade a billion ubers everyone will have the same cookie cutter team and will be easily beaten by someone with a unique team . seriously 493 pkmn can we see sum variety out there >.> stop using the same pokemon and same teams that everyone else uses it gets boring and repetitive .

lol all in all do what ever you want . I will keep hunting for my shinnies and hopefully catch more shinnies one day then anyone else has ever caught (not traded for ) even if i catch two of the same species its still a diffrent pokemon and ill keep hunting untill I really am at the top of the list for best hunters in the world (which at this rate will be in about 12 years LMAO XP )

You're not the only one who thinks shiny one caught by him/herself hold a greater value than shinies that one obtained through training. I completely agree with your view. Yes, I'll be cloning and trading for shinies, but only certain shinies...for example, if someone offered to trade me a clone of their, say, shiny Latias. I'd say "No" right away? Why? I would never use, I wouldn't even be able to "show off" with it because I basically pawned it off from someone. I'm not going to be proud of that. Likewise, if someone were to offer me something for my shiny Latias, I would not clone it at all. I'm probably only going to accept random shinies.

And, if everyone has shiny pokemon, I truly don't see how that degrades their value. From my perspective, you are basically saying "Since everyone will have the same shinies, they are basically worthless because I can't brag about them anymore". But here's the thing not everyone COLLECTS shinies just to show off. I personally collect shinies just because they are different from the norm, and their colors appeal to me. I don't really brag about my shinies at all, but I'm always ready to tell stories of how I got them xP. Besides if your shinies are so important you, why should you care if everyone else is cloning? I mean, you obviously don't want to clone your shinies to trade to other people, so I don't see why everytime someone mentions cloning, you post a big long entry about why you are against it.

Furthermore, what defines a cheat in a game? What defines a glitch in a game? I believe a glitch is an unintended occurrence in the game (as you said), but what is defined as a cheat? Unless you know, it isn't really right to label it as a cheat.

Anyways, I'm still trudging on for Latias. Oh, and I'm racing a member at SPPf for a shiny Bulbasaur.

Back