The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo Pokémon Zero - FRLG enhanced remake, all eight Gyms + Elite Four

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old 3 Days Ago (4:26 PM).

I don't normally create an account for one thread to reply to, but I might be checking out other fangames in the future as well, namely ones that actually allow me to "catch them all." I have been enjoying this game a lot, but sadly I haven't been able to do much more of the game for a few days now due to an issue preventing me from continuing with the game, and from what I gather, I will not be able to get around it due to not being able to get Surf until later.

I have a similar problem that looneyman1 reported, but the FModEX crash report is for using the PokeFluke on the sleeping Snorlaxes. I have been unable to progress in the game since finishing the Pokemon Tower for a few days now aside from other things that I wanted to hold off from doing until after I explored the southern half of Kanto some more.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Days Ago (5:51 PM).
    The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
      the game is fixed of that stuff by now
      Old 3 Days Ago (6:49 PM).

Actually, it is not. I downloaded and replaced the DATA files with the one from 0.4.2, and the game still crashed with the same error trying to wake up the Snorlaxes.
        Old 2 Days Ago (8:29 AM).
        The Psycho Pokemon

where the heck do I find Totodile or any of the other starter pokemon for that matter?
          Old 2 Days Ago (10:41 AM).

Nature: Calm
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by TailsMK4 View Post
            Actually, it is not. I downloaded and replaced the DATA files with the one from 0.4.2, and the game still crashed with the same error trying to wake up the Snorlaxes.
            Version 0.4.2 should have fixed that; I've just re-downloaded both the main v0.4 files and the v0.4.2 patch and tested it. If someone else happens to be able to verify that, let us know! I'd suggest re-downloading the files and letting me know if it's still a problem.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
            where the heck do I find Totodile or any of the other starter pokemon for that matter?
            No need to get snippy. If you look at the 'Encounters' file I've provided on the front page, you'll see that Croconaw and the other middle evolution Johto starters can be found in the Friend Safari on Four Island.
            Old 2 Days Ago (11:15 AM).
            The Psycho Pokemon

Quote:
              Originally Posted by zerokid View Post
              Version 0.4.2 should have fixed that; I've just re-downloaded both the main v0.4 files and the v0.4.2 patch and tested it. If someone else happens to be able to verify that, let us know! I'd suggest re-downloading the files and letting me know if it's still a problem.

No need to get snippy. If you look at the 'Encounters' file I've provided on the front page, you'll see that Croconaw and the other middle evolution Johto starters can be found in the Friend Safari on Four Island.
              I wasnt being rude sorry about that.

And I dunno how I forgot that fact XP
              Old 2 Days Ago (11:45 AM).

Quote:
                I wasnt being rude sorry about that.

And I dunno how I forgot that fact XP
                Ah, fair enough! I probably read it harsher than you intended :)
                Old 2 Days Ago (12:43 PM).

Quote:
                  I redownloaded the files, extracted them, and was about to say it didn't work, but I had a thought "you know what, let's just eliminate any uncertainty". I proceeded to move back to Lavender Town and entered the Pokemon Tower in an attempt to "refresh" the route. As of this post I'm about to fight the Snorlax. Seemed perhaps the "data" from 0.4 was still present and needed to be refreshed. That's my reasoning anyway, so I think I can continue from this point. Thanks for the help!
                  Old 2 Days Ago (3:56 PM).

Quote:
                    I redownloaded the files, extracted them, and was about to say it didn't work, but I had a thought "you know what, let's just eliminate any uncertainty". I proceeded to move back to Lavender Town and entered the Pokemon Tower in an attempt to "refresh" the route. As of this post I'm about to fight the Snorlax. Seemed perhaps the "data" from 0.4 was still present and needed to be refreshed. That's my reasoning anyway, so I think I can continue from this point. Thanks for the help!
                    Hm. I would have thought rebooting the game would refresh the map events, but perhaps not. I'll be sure to bear this in mind for the future. Thanks for your feedback, hope you enjoy the rest of the content so far!
                    Old 2 Days Ago (5:37 PM).

Nature: Adamant
                      I found a glitch. When Celio tries to give you the next page of the Sevii Islands map, the game crashes with a text string saying Fmod error.
                      Old 2 Days Ago (7:31 PM).
                      The Psycho Pokemon

Quote:
                        Ah, fair enough! I probably read it harsher than you intended :)
                        I admit I was a little frustrated I was searching for an NPC to give me one XP. I wish I remembered that I needed to go to four island as now I may have to rethink my team a bit. I was kinda hoping to have a team consisting of Venusau, Feraligatr, and Baziken for my Elite 4 run. But even with the national pokedex I dunno if I can activate the sevii islands sidequest to collect the ruby and sapphire for Celio's super computer.
                        Old 1 Day Ago (8:34 AM).

Hey, I'm also having problems with the Snorlaxes. How do I go about rectifying this?
                          Old 1 Day Ago (9:58 AM). Edited 1 Day Ago by zerokid.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by RenElite View Post
                            I found a glitch. When Celio tries to give you the next page of the Sevii Islands map, the game crashes with a text string saying Fmod error.
                            This is fixed in v0.4.2.

Quote:
                            I admit I was a little frustrated I was searching for an NPC to give me one XP. I wish I remembered that I needed to go to four island as now I may have to rethink my team a bit. I was kinda hoping to have a team consisting of Venusau, Feraligatr, and Baziken for my Elite 4 run. But even with the national pokedex I dunno if I can activate the sevii islands sidequest to collect the ruby and sapphire for Celio's super computer.
                            I'll consider putting the Johto starters pre-E4 in another update. It does make sense.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by AipomForever1410 View Post
                            Hey, I'm also having problems with the Snorlaxes. How do I go about rectifying this?
                            Patch v0.4.2 should fix it. Edit: Try entering and exiting a building to refresh the map once you've done this.
                            Old 1 Day Ago (10:04 AM).
                            The Psycho Pokemon

thanks for that I appreciate it. It makes a lot of sense due to how Johto is right next door to Kanto after all. I envision professor Elm being seen int he Safari Zone's alola dome if that helps. I say this because he is an expert on evolution and the alola forms would be an interest of his I would think. Or perhaps having Samson Oak make a cameo there would be cool
                              Old 1 Day Ago (7:04 PM).

Just thought I'd post an update on my progress. Story-wise I have done as much as I could since one important event at Five Island needs Six Island completed to do so (no hurries on that, though, I still have a LOT more side content to do including catching the Legendaries). Now that I am caught up story-wise with where other players of this game are at, my focus now goes to filling in more of the Owned part of the Pokedex.

I am concerned about money, though there appears to be a few options to get more even after defeating most of the game's trainers. Aside from that little worry, this game has been a great experience, even challenging at points (the battles at Indigo Plateau ended up being a lot harder than I was expecting, and my Pokemon were around level 70, thinking I was still overleveled since I basically steamrolled every Trainer up to that point). Keep up the good work with this game!
                                Old 1 Day Ago (2:42 AM).

Quote:
                                  Just thought I'd post an update on my progress. Story-wise I have done as much as I could since one important event at Five Island needs Six Island completed to do so (no hurries on that, though, I still have a LOT more side content to do including catching the Legendaries). Now that I am caught up story-wise with where other players of this game are at, my focus now goes to filling in more of the Owned part of the Pokedex.

I am concerned about money, though there appears to be a few options to get more even after defeating most of the game's trainers. Aside from that little worry, this game has been a great experience, even challenging at points (the battles at Indigo Plateau ended up being a lot harder than I was expecting, and my Pokemon were around level 70, thinking I was still overleveled since I basically steamrolled every Trainer up to that point). Keep up the good work with this game!
                                  Thank you for letting me know what you think. The level curve of this game has been difficult to balance due to the Exp. Share, so I decided that the Gym Leaders, Rival(s) and Elite Four should pose a bit more challenge. I have a few plans and ideas regarding making money for future updates; at the moment I think the only real expense is TMs, but I've got ideas for more things to use your money on too!

Quick Reply