• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Raw Crystal - Beta 1.2 now available!

Eldaryon

Now the secret final Boss of every game you know.
Years
Pok?mon Raw Crystal - Beta 1.2 now available!

pokecrystal19.png

The world is far bigger than what those trainers think. They just choose to ignore what they deem unfit and not lucrative to explore. -Shirenai

Small update: I will not continue this project. I will also link the source code for it if anyone wants to continue it. It has a bunch of custom stuff like animations or tilemaps that can easily be leveraged for other fangames too. You can get the source here.

Introduction
Pok�mon Raw Crystal is a hack of the game that shares the same name (at least partially) that aims to add back some functionalities discovered in the Pok�mon Spaceworld demo back into the ROM without disrupting the original game. The expected features range from returning Pok�mons to maps, and include a unique storyline involving the "forgotten" parts of Johto and the plan of a mysterious company to manipulate time and space to their ends.
Features
Physical/Special Split!
Fairy Type
The return of many of the Spaceworld Demo Pok�mon! (Some of them can be seen in the screenshots.)((nearly )All animated by yours truly!)
A redesigned Johto.
Songs from future generations.
Running Shoes!
A Stone Shop(available as soon as the fourth badge of Johto).
The ability to catch each and every legendary. (Not for now, but 4 of the 5 episodes feature one.)
Additional Episodes
Spoiler:

Pok�mon Included
Spoiler:

New Maps
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Credits
Pret for the Pok�crystal Disassembly.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for the songs source.
Rangi for the tutorials on the Wiki.
Jean and gigigiig on Discord for saving my life.
Retro King for helping with the Beta Testing.
Progress
Spoiler:
Events
Spoiler:

Download
You can get the Beta1.2 patch here.
Beta 1.1 simply fixes some very minor bugs left and right, and Beta 1.2 fixes a game breaking bug that happened in Goldenrod's Underground and changed some parties that incorrectly used Cublaze and his evolutions.
You need to use Pok�mon Crystal 1.1 for the patch.
I would also not recommend at all the use of a legit Crystal save. Flags are a lil messed up sadly.
TeamDreamless.com is here with Changelogs and updates!

Last edited:

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
This looks nice! please include all the pokemon from the demo.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Nice to see Pokemon from the beta here, but also great that you're keeping the Totodile line!

I tried to contact you on Discord, but couldn't find your account. Could you make a Discord server for this hack instead?

Eldaryon

Years
This looks nice! please include all the pokemon from the demo.

That's sadly not really possible in second gen games, as I cannot add Pok?mon (only replace or edit). But I will try my best to add and give a unique identity to every Pok?mon I can from the Demo.

Nice to see Pokemon from the beta here, but also great that you're keeping the Totodile line!

I tried to contact you on Discord, but couldn't find your account. Could you make a Discord server for this hack instead?

I'm really trying to keep Pok?mon that are meaningful to people. I will only touch collection only Mons (The likes of Dunsparse).
I added the Discord to the main post btw.

Last edited:

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
Will this have the tiny Kanto map that we see in the beta? Or can you somehow keep the full Kanto map in there, because honestly, Beta Kanto is just very small.

Eldaryon

Years
Will this have the tiny Kanto map that we see in the beta? Or can you somehow keep the full Kanto map in there, because honestly, Beta Kanto is just very small.

The aim of the hack is to keep the main experience intact when possible while adding new features, so you'll just play around the game normally, including Kanto.

Eldaryon

Years
Beta 1 is finally out!
You can download it in the link given in the original post.
If you have bugs, I will try to fix them ASAP, I just have a lot of things coming in the next two weeks and I won't be able to do much (that's why this Beta is so rushed too).

Nice! Looks good bro. Gen II hacks always amaze me
Thanks dude :)

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
It's kinda weird to see a .ups patch when GB/GBC ROMs aren't big at all to justify using that format instead of the .ips format.
Anyway, this looks like a pretty okay hack. I'm definitely gonna give it a shot.
Nice work dude, keep it up :)

Last edited:

Eldaryon

Years
It's kinda weird to see a .ups patch when GB/GBC ROMs aren't big at all to justify using that format instead of the .ips format.
Anyway, this looks like a pretty okay hack. I'm definitely gonna give it a shot.
Nice work dude, keep it up :)
Thanks for the feedback, I feel honored that someone as big as you in the community took time to write a comment. I hope it can live up to your expectations!
I've just done my research about ips after reading what you said and I now understand the differences between patch formats, so I'll try to have something in the lines of BPS next (It seems better in some senses).

Years
Hey there! Just wanna say that I'm really excited to see how this hack develops. You're using a very interesting concept to coincide with the recent discoveries and assuming you have a full set plan for how things will go, this could definitely be one in a million. Best of luck!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Interesting... So this means you'll get all Spaceworld Demo Pokemon in this? Or am i wrong?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
my browser is saying I lack an app required to download the patch, can you put it on a different site?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
I must say been hooked on this since I discovered it last night! Ever since the betamons were leaked I was eager for a gen 2 hack that utilized them! You did a great job! I am on the last johto gym now and not an issue or complaint. Minor graphic bugouts but minor and non frequent or game crashing. The bug catching competition's a big buggy (no way around that pun lol) and it will delete your team if you don't store the 5 you're not using. Also noticed the list of available betamon didn't include Meowsy who I am currently using, also my rival had that odd Chikorita second evolution. Has it been updated since? If so I'm wondering if you included Lickitungs evolved beta?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I am not a fan of the decision to remove all immunities from this hack and to alter the damage modifiers for SE and NVE attacks (not to mention it was handled sloppily since, for example, Normal-types are still immune to Night Shade when they take NVE damage from every other Ghost-type attack). I also dislike that some of the NPCs in the added routes use language that is inappropriate for a Pokémon game. But glitches aside, those are my only real issues with this hack so far.

Eldaryon

Years
I must say been hooked on this since I discovered it last night! Ever since the betamons were leaked I was eager for a gen 2 hack that utilized them! You did a great job! I am on the last johto gym now and not an issue or complaint. Minor graphic bugouts but minor and non frequent or game crashing. The bug catching competition's a big buggy (no way around that pun lol) and it will delete your team if you don't store the 5 you're not using. Also noticed the list of available betamon didn't include Meowsy who I am currently using, also my rival had that odd Chikorita second evolution. Has it been updated since? If so I'm wondering if you included Lickitungs evolved beta?

Thank you so much for granting this hack some of your time! Graphic bugouts are likely a fault of me not really understanding ASM. Sorry dude. You're right about Meowsy actually, but it's in the screenshots, so I hope this did not create that much confusion. Lickitung could get his evolution, but I try to stick to the interesting/finished looking ones.

I am not a fan of the decision to remove all immunities from this hack and to alter the damage modifiers for SE and NVE attacks (not to mention it was handled sloppily since, for example, Normal-types are still immune to Night Shade when they take NVE damage from every other Ghost-type attack). I also dislike that some of the NPCs in the added routes use language that is inappropriate for a Pokémon game. But glitches aside, those are my only real issues with this hack so far.

Immunities should be part of the game, and I did not change the multipliers (I do not even know how to do that btw) that's definitely bugs. Inappropriate for a Pokémon game is quite debatable. But You could PM me what you mean exactly, because I do not see what is wrong, I only really added memes and references to future generations until now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 22, 2022
Very interested in this, although it seems there haven't been any updates in a while. I don't suppose there is any news as to the progress of this hack?

Back