• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal 2.0 finally get a public release!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Pokémon Trainer Opponent dont play their "cry" in Crystal USA

Years
Hey, I really love what I see, because this seems to be very classy. Just adding the things GameFread did not do in the past because of time, too short memory or whatever. This is really one I looked for, especially for a nuzlocke :)

I think for a crazier experience in Johto/Kanto something like Liquid Crystal is the best deal, but this just add the missing parts for 20 years. Thank you!

Halfshadow

Sono italiano/I'm italian.
Years
Hey, I really love what I see, because this seems to be very classy. Just adding the things GameFread did not do in the past because of time, too short memory or whatever. This is really one I looked for, especially for a nuzlocke :)

I think for a crazier experience in Johto/Kanto something like Liquid Crystal is the best deal, but this just add the missing parts for 20 years. Thank you!
Thank you. However there isn't a nuzlocke mode in my hack.

Halfshadow

Years
I can't find way to Ruins of Pokemon Mansion. And where is Moltress?
You need of the Oak's Silver license (then you need of beat all 8 Kanto gym leaders) and go to the Pweter museum and talk with the old man with his Abra.

Moltres is hidden in the Silver Cave like in HG/SS, even if the cave is smaller by HG/SS.

Halfshadow

Years
Link updated with new patches to obtain a legit Pokétransfer GF MEW and in Crystal to pass trough the Pokétransfer MEWTWO return to the 70 level, simply to the seer you'll can't view any MEWTWO's caught data to avoid a glitch.

Now all the added available pokémons will can pass trough the official transfer, except for the ODD EGGS, but I untouched them, maybe GF made them cheat 'cause in japanese version you can't longer obtain them. I think can't pass due to DIZZY PUNCH, if you erase the move will pass.

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Impossible. Physical/Special split was introduced in GEN IV, wouldn't seems official. And about infinite TMs this would create issues with pokémon that held them, like the traded Nidoran/ina/ino/queen/King from GEN I. But maybe if you search deeply in Crystal you could find something similar for ICE BEAM, FLAMETHROWER and THUNDERBOLT...

That's contradictory because you make a hack adding the things that are in gen IV games but in those game there were PSS, so the thing about being "official" it's just a pretext and even if it were not for that, what's the problem with putting PSS even if it is not "official"? I mean, are you pretending to sell the game? The idea in general of the hack is good but it wouldn't hurt to add a few more extra things that aren't in the original games to make the hack more enjoyable like the PSS, extra post-game content like for example making a battle build in vermillion city where the old man was constructing with his machoke. Nowadays the first thing I ask when I see a hack is if it has PSS when it is not mentioned in the features, if the answer is no and there's no plan of adding it I completely lose all interest in it and lots of people think the same way

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
That's contradictory because you make a hack adding the things that are in gen IV games but in those game there were PSS, so the thing about being "official" it's just a pretext and even if it were not for that, what's the problem with putting PSS even if it is not "official"? I mean, are you pretending to sell the game? The idea in general of the hack is good but it wouldn't hurt to add a few more extra things that aren't in the original games to make the hack more enjoyable like the PSS, extra post-game content like for example making a battle build in vermillion city where the old man was constructing with his machoke. Nowadays the first thing I ask when I see a hack is if it has PSS when it is not mentioned in the features, if the answer is no and there's no plan of adding it I completely lose all interest in it and lots of people think the same way.

I have to agree, not seeing the phys/spec split huts a lot of pokemon, especially the totodile line as it gets neither a physical bite or a physical water attack. I'm also worried that TMs arent reusable, considering the limited amount that you can get more than one of in standard g/s/c. And some TMs in vanilla g/s/c are absolutely useless and usually are ones that force you to waste slots on combo moves. (Defense Curl? REALLY?)

Halfshadow

Years
That's contradictory because you make a hack adding the things that are in gen IV games but in those game there were PSS, so the thing about being "official" it's just a pretext and even if it were not for that, what's the problem with putting PSS even if it is not "official"? I mean, are you pretending to sell the game? The idea in general of the hack is good but it wouldn't hurt to add a few more extra things that aren't in the original games to make the hack more enjoyable like the PSS, extra post-game content like for example making a battle build in vermillion city where the old man was constructing with his machoke. Nowadays the first thing I ask when I see a hack is if it has PSS when it is not mentioned in the features, if the answer is no and there's no plan of adding it I completely lose all interest in it and lots of people think the same way
I added only the maps that however were in R/G/B/Y and only removed in retail G/S/C due to time left issues and added trainers and events from HG/SS. Only to add what GF maybe wanted to do if had more time to work on the games. I didn't add 4th GEN pokémons or another advanced things, if they added PSS in 4th GEN this maybe mean that wasn't in their plans from the beginning for Gold and Silver. And however this is a mine project, I don't know why I have to add something that you wish. I made this work in all 3 roms and in 2 languages. If you lose the interest I'm sorry but I'll not change idea for this.

And the main reason (if you want to know it), is also 'cause this will break totally the compatibility with retail games. I released the new patches also 'cause I added an official GF Mew that can pass trough the Pokétransfer if you patch the official G/S/C CIAs to install them on the Nintendo 3DS and my hack keep always the compatibility with clean VC games. Why I have to break the compatibility, when I searched also a method to catch pokémon in added areas without create glitches with traded pokémons in retail Crystal for after add a feature that will break all the effort?

Last edited:

Halfshadow

Years
I have to agree, not seeing the phys/spec split huts a lot of pokemon, especially the totodile line as it gets neither a physical bite or a physical water attack. I'm also worried that TMs arent reusable, considering the limited amount that you can get more than one of in standard g/s/c. And some TMs in vanilla g/s/c are absolutely useless and usually are ones that force you to waste slots on combo moves. (Defense Curl? REALLY?)
And I hate that Meganium can learn only poor grass moves. But I didn't hack it to learn better moves for my convenience. If you want to have access to infinite TMs (another thing that will break compatibility with clean roms that can connect without issues with my hack) you can always clone them trough the cloning glitch, in Crystal you have to switch to the BOX number 6.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
It's difficult to make an enhancement hack of a game that makes things feel more user-friendly while keeping the intent of the original game intact. A lot of the elements of a game that make it that way are subjective. Some people might see certain aspects of a game (P/S/S split and reusable TMs, in this instance) as critical to the intended design. Others might think of it as an oversight, a needless nuisance that only hurts the game's quality. It really depends on your perspective of it. Halfshadow has made his feelings about both topics clear. He's in his right to not include them. Of course, you're also in your right to not show interest in the hack as a result.

It's a situation I'm all too familiar with. The desire to make the game as streamlined as possible while maintaining a feeling of "official-ness" has always been a tempting one for me for many games. My personal views on certain aspects of the Pokémon games have evolved over time. That's made its way into how I've approached things in my own hack. I personally agree with him that the P/S/S split does significantly change the way the games play. Is the system an improvement to the games? It seems that most people, myself included, believe it is. But you have to admit that it does change the most fundamental part of the gameplay in a way that transforms the game into something else. Something better, but still something else.

I'll say this about reusable TMs, though. If the Gen II games act similarly to the Gen III games in terms of held items, then making TMs infinite use shouldn't cause any big problems. You can take the TM they're holding, even if you already have it in your bag. You just wouldn't be able to give it back to them to hold (assuming you set up the infinite TM function properly). Gen I games can't make use of held TMs, and users of other Gen II games should just know better than to trade a Pokémon with a held TM to a hacked game where TM quantity is meaningless.

Halfshadow

Years
Exactly. I want also to tell twice that these hack roms are actually compatible also with retail games, and this is very important now that the patches can be applied also to the 3DS VC versions. Adding infinite TMs and PSS will not only could create a discontinuity with R/Z/E/FR/LF and D/P/P/HG/SS for the infinite TMs, but will surely break also the compatibility with the retail games.

Actually my 2.0 Crystal can catch pokémon in 5 more areas and trade pokémons with a retail Crystal without break the Pokéseer visions about the caught data. And was a work to make it via script, also if I had a help From Miksy91. But however was other work to keep the compatibility. I'm not interested to break the effort for add a function that wasn't planned in G/S/C from the beginning. Instead the beta leftovers prove that they thought about add the missing areas that I restored.

Last edited:

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I got the point, just want to note that something that you could do to attract more people to the hack could be to have for example 2 versions of the hack, one with your original idea and purpose of what you want with the hack and a second patch identical to the first one with the addition of PSS and few extra stuff like the infinite TMs, BW repel system and so. It would be like a kind of "plus" version of the hack. It's just a suggerence...

Halfshadow

Years
I got the point, just want to note that something that you could do to attract more people to the hack could be to have for example 2 versions of the hack, one with your original idea and purpose of what you want with the hack and a second patch identical to the first one with the addition of PSS and few extra stuff like the infinite TMs, BW repel system and so. It would be like a kind of "plus" version of the hack. It's just a suggerence...
I see but I worked to this project in binary mode 'cause the disassembly couldn't work with italian versions and I also started it when the disassembly didn't exists or wasn't so famous.

I added the safari game routine manually repointing existing routines to add more instructions, I should do this again and will reuire about 1 month to do it, when maybe could be possible download an existing patch and try to check if could be compatible with my hack. If you find a patch that do this I could try if is compatible with my work. If don't use free space where I added the safari game routine could also works.

Halfshadow

Years
does this game have all 251 pokemon available to catch? what about trade evolutions?
Are all 251 obtainable trough trades. And trade evolutions are always the same. These games are exactly like retail games but only completed. But like in HG/SS you don't need of trade legendaries from GEN I, are catchable ingame. You need only of trade common pokémons like Growlithe as example. However Celebi (Crystal) and Mew are obtainable and legal to pass trough the bank if you install them on the 3DS VC channels.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Could u make infinite tms and 251 avaliable like a plus patch? this would be the perfect hack

Back