• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:

Your team seems pretty balanced, but Gyarados does get shafted a bit since most of his moves are special, so his amazing attack can't take advantage of it. I'd switch for Lapras If I were you.
Thanks for the advice!
So I switched Lapras in for Gyarados.
I'm also thinking about these switches...
Pidgeot for Aerodactyl and Jolteon for Arcanine.
I'd be losing my only electric type.
Or Dragonite... Who is a pain to train.

Current:
Charizard
Nidoking
Pidgeot
Lapras
Alakazam
Jolteon

Thinking about:
Charizard
Nidoking
Aerodactyl
Lapras
Alakazam
Arcanine

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Thanks for the advice!
So I switched Lapras in for Gyarados.
I'm also thinking about these switches...
Pidgeot for Aerodactyl and Jolteon for Arcanine.
I'd be losing my only electric type.
Or Dragonite... Who is a pain to train.

Current:
Charizard
Nidoking
Pidgeot
Lapras
Alakazam
Jolteon

Thinking about:
Charizard
Nidoking
Aerodactyl
Lapras
Alakazam
Arcanine

Your newer team is actually a lot better than the original, since Lapras can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder, it's not losing much, however, I do think that Arcanine can be done without, maybe replace for a Grass type? Vileplume, Victreebel etc, it'll give you more coverage.

Years

Your newer team is actually a lot better than the original, since Lapras can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder, it's not losing much, however, I do think that Arcanine can be done without, maybe replace for a Grass type? Vileplume, Victreebel etc, it'll give you more coverage.
Okay, so replace Pidgeot with Aerodactyl. and replace Arcanine with a grass type... Which do you suggest? Vileplume or Victreebel?

EDIT: Did some research, Vileplume has better SP. DEF, SP. ATK, and DEF, but Victreebel has better speed, ATK, and HP. And how would Exegguctor do?

Last edited:

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years

Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:

First of all please read before you respond, I DID google.
Second, yes you are people have given me cheat code help here before without complaining. And I am not looking for AR I am looking for Gameshark, once again please read.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First of all please read before you respond, I DID google.
Second, yes you are people have given me cheat code help here before without complaining. And I am not looking for AR I am looking for Gameshark, once again please read.

Look, how about you read instead. I know it's kinda off that the rules are in PGC, but they cover this whole board (General Pokemon Gaming Discussions). So I don't know who gave you AR/GS codes before, but they were breaking the rules and should have been reported.

GPGD Rules said:
Do Not Ask For Or Give Out Action Replay/GameShark Codes
- Once again, please use Google for codes. We're not gonna risk messing your game up. Discussion on the use of AR/GS and opinions are perfectly fine, provided that no one is giving out codes.

If you need to read more, please refer here. But just know, dragonomega was not in the wrong here, so no need to get upset with him. Like I said, whoever gave you AR/GS codes before shouldn't have done that.

SonicTH

Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 30, 2011
Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend

One that I can think of is when you put a Pokemon in the Day Care and then go to one of the sand hills that you need the Mach Bike for and then go to it so you can get up and fall down again. You then way down the up button on your game so it goes up and down automatically. Because each time you go up is a step, your Pokemon get raised in the Day Care. It works in R/S but I'm not 100% about Emerald.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2022
When you finish EV training ( 510 all up ) are you allowed to train on pokemon trainers? Or do trained pokemon give away EV's too?

Thanks guys.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
D: So...are there any Pokemon that give out Special Attack EVs in the beginning of the game?

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Hi, my apologies because this is kind of a stupid question but it's been quite a long time; in Leaf Green/Fire Red on the S.S Anne where is there a room for healing?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First level of the boat, in the umm...well, there's a girl in there who will rest them for you. I want to say it's the room directly in front of you when you walk on board. If not, I think it's to the left or that room. /fuzzy memory

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
Hi, my apologies because this is kind of a stupid question but it's been quite a long time; in Leaf Green/Fire Red on the S.S Anne where is there a room for healing?

There's a woman on the first floor that will heal all your Pokémon to full health. She's in the second room. I don't really have a map on me right now, so I can't really tell you anything further from that, but I'm sure you'll be able to find her...

@Neiko Star:

In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? Well, there are Ralts...But good luck training off those rare fellows... Oddish give out Special Attack EV's too. But uh, that's pretty much in a long shot.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
@Neiko Star: On Route 116, out of Rustboro City's East exit, Abra have a 10% chance of appearing, and they give 1 Special Attack EV.

That's the most reliable early one (6% higher chance than Ralts xD).

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
There's a woman on the first floor that will heal all your Pokémon to full health. She's in the second room. I don't really have a map on me right now, so I can't really tell you anything further from that, but I'm sure you'll be able to find her...

I have thank you very much.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
quick question,

I just wanna know if theres any GBA hacks for remakes of Gev IV games? like black/white for example.

I'd really like to play 5th gen poke-games but using GBA/VBA format... I hate DS.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry, but this thread is for asking for help with RSE/FRLG games. You'll just have to check the Hacks Showcase in the Emulation forum if you wanna find some hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back