• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Pikachu should be about level 100 by now but every ime Ash enters a new region it goes back to level 5 because he needs to be fair lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I honestly don't understand how levels work in the anime. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't matter at all. But in one early episode, when they come to an academy, a student there comments that Pikachu should be at level 25 since they had been training for a month or so but that Ash hadn't gotten it quite that far.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I honestly don't understand how levels work in the anime. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't matter at all. But in one early episode, when they come to an academy, a student there comments that Pikachu should be at level 25 since they had been training for a month or so but that Ash hadn't gotten it quite that far.

"School of Hard Knocks" is what it's called If I remember correctly. But yeah... that chick was ... well I won't say it. She wasn't very nice." >_>

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Trying to understand the technical aspects of Pokémon in the anime is futile. I know, I've tried.

T!M

Years
I made something like that. I made a really simple ROM Hack called SolidSapphire that I just doubled every Trainer, Gym and Elite Four's Level as well as Wild encounters too.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I nuzlocked Emerald a while back but I sort of stopped midway due to a lot of other stuff. I want to play Emerald again but I'm afraid I won't have anymore time since uni's starting ;-;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I started playing Crystal just now. Wanted to make a nuzlocke but realized that I wanted specific pokémon so I dumped that idea quickly. Nostalgia is enough thrill for me now, it seems.

Currently my team is made up of ball-like pokémon: Poliwag, Geodude, Ghastly, Cyndaquil. I should get a Venonat and Oddish too, or something xD

Next round, I should try four legged pokémon alone, or something.

Or something. Lol.

T!M

Years
I remember when my friend and I had Pokemon Silver and Gold respectively and we were trying to figure out why our mutual friend's game (Crystal) had different and moving sprites. We went so far as to assume we were holding our own Gameboy Color's wrong.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I remember one day I was playing Pokemon Platinum...

I was at the end of the game, up to battling Giratina, but little did I know that I didn't have the right supplies to finish the job. I was already in battle, so what did I do? RUN. I ran to go to the PokeMart to restock and replenish...

I come back to the Distortion World, and no Giratina. Saddest moment ever ;-;

(at least I later found out I could rebattle Giratina!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Classic Sonic, aww, well good thing you could rebattle it later!

Funny how some TCG related threads popped up in Pokemon General now. We can still chitchat about the TCG in this thread, right? And anime, manga, games and anything else relating to pokémon. Because the thing with this thread is that we can just chat on seamlessly between the medias where pokémon appear... right?

I miss my pokémon TCG cards, I used to collect and even play with them when I was a kid. Still have a whole bunch stashed somewhere in my family's house :p

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I could never bring myself to collect Pokémon TCG. The only time i played them is through the gameboy game that they have, which turned out to be quite fun... until I started losing a lot XD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I used to play/collect the TCG a lot when it first came out. I still have all my old cards in my closet, organized out and safely tucked away. Except for my old "Gym Leader" deck, the one I used to use when I ran a TCG League a long while back. Still have my shirt for that too.

Recently, I thought about getting back into the TCG again, especially since there's the online version. But since I need to buy the booster packs to get the codes to play online, its not really a good choice for me. I have no room for the cards, and have other trading card sets coming out to spend my money on. So unfortunately, I just kind of don't play the TCG anymore. I miss it.

Though there is the GameBoy game. That was a really fun game. Should pick it up again. I never played through the whole story line.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I did play the TCG! When I was like 10 years old. Then the people who played kind of disappeared = grew up and I could only play with my siblings. So it wasn't too long before I gave up on that :<

There's a gameboy game, hm? With an actual storyline? Might be worth trying if I can get my hands on it ^^

Years
I think me and my cousins were the only ones that actually knew the rules of the TCG, as anyone else I knew just collected the cards for the sake of having them. We still try and have battles every once and a while when we get together, but it must've been at least a year now since I busted my cards out (even though I've gotten into the habit of buying booster packs again...)

And I remember one of my friends actually had that TCG game. It was actually quite well done, having I believe the first 3 or 4 sets of cards included. I didn't really find out about the story that much, but it played much similar to the way the TCGO does now, I presume. Might have to give it a try again at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back