• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Bought the last Next Destinies pack at a Walmart and pulled the 102/99 Zoroark. Not to shabby.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Just got my Leafeon card in the mail. Is it legit?

580491_623106147707063_1893017233_n.jpg

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I received Glaceon, Espeon and Umbreon in the mail yesterday. I wasn't paying attention when I was purchasing it and got the foil Glaceon instead of the holo one but will still keep it and buy the holo one too. Are they legit?

998336_624275234256821_1414036775_n.jpg
1011504_624275277590150_213961604_n.jpg
944526_624275394256805_177722591_n.jpg

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Most sellers will not send you fake cards, and they are extremely easy to tell apart from real ones.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Most sellers will not send you fake cards, and they are extremely easy to tell apart from real ones.

The reason I keep asking every time I get a new card is because I want to make sure I'm not being ripped off and robbed of money. I'm not terribly good at card identification so I just want to make sure. That foil Glaceon took me by surprise, I didn't know what to think.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Fake cards are usually a lot flimsier than real ones, and there will be some typos and stuff like that.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I picked up 2 packs the other day and pull a Thunderous Ex. Exactly what i needed for my ampharos deck.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Picked up 3 Ex Dragon Frontiers packs from Target and pulled:

Holo Rare Nidoking
Reverse Holo Rare Dewgong
Reverse Holo Rare Lickitung
Gold Star Charizard!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I ended up picking up a PF booster box. I didnt really get the all rares i wanted. Though i did get.
-Reshiram (Holo)
-Hydreigon (Holo)
-Weavile (Reverse Holo)
-Seismetoad (Reverse Holo)
-Kyurem (Holo)
-Umbreon (Holo)
-Leafeon (Reverse Holo)
-Ghetsis (Holo)
-Rock Guard
-Life Dew
-Deoxys Ex
-Deoxys Ex (Full Art)
-Latios Ex
-Tornadus Ex (Full Art)

I didnt even know you could get 2 full arts in a box.

Years
Looks like I forgot to mention it, but 2 weeks ago I was at AniMinneapolis and pulled a Deoxys EX from a box thingy I bought at a card shop that had its own dedicated room for their store and events at AniMinneapolis. That alone made the purchase worthwhile.

Light Charizard

MR Assist
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Over the summer I have been buying a bunch of plasma storm packs hoping for the Charizard secret rare. I never got it but I did get some Ex cards.

Articuno Ex x2
Lugia Ex
Cobalion Ex
Ace specs
Victory piece
Dowsing machine

I also got some plasma freeze packs and got a Deoxys Ex full art

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Bought two packs of Next Destinies as I didn't have much of the set and pulled a MewTwo EX full art, looks pretty cool.

tnfsf11

fgzv.png

As you can see it's written "Magmar" instead of "Magby"...
I don't really know if it's a fake or not but I'll really appreciate if someone can tell me.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That font looks sketchy. Could you tell us what kind of pack you got it from? I also don't recognize the set symbol at the bottom. So right now, I'm debating on it being some funky promo or a fake. That font on the card leads me to believe the latter, though. And what country were these purchased from?

Edit: Just notice it has no weakness, but the x2 is still there. You know what, I'm gonna go ahead and call this out as a fake. There's no way this could be legit. And if it is, I'll have to think of something outrageous to do.

tnfsf11

That font looks sketchy. Could you tell us what kind of pack you got it from? I also don't recognize the set symbol at the bottom. So right now, I'm debating on it being some funky promo or a fake. That font on the card leads me to believe the latter, though. And what country were these purchased from?

Edit: Just notice it has no weakness, but the x2 is still there. You know what, I'm gonna go ahead and call this out as a fake. There's no way this could be legit. And if it is, I'll have to think of something outrageous to do.
Someone bought it for me from India (idek how) & the cards came in a metal-ish container where I can read the word "Pokémon 6" & below it "HS Undaunted", the container had the pictures of Ash, Togepi & Minccino. There was also a small "shiny" sticker that changes color whenever you view it from a different angle that had the word "Pokémon" on it but not in the usual font, also a tiny silhouette of Pikachu was on it.
...Thoughts?

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2020
Went to a back-to-back Plasma Blast pre-release. Not the greatest pulls but the highlights from both were:

EX:
VirizionEX

Holo Rare:
Mesprit
Sigilyph

Salamence

Reverse Holo Rare:
Drifblim
Golurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back