• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, more likely to pick up Aeroblast. :) Haha. I was using Metronome with my Togetic in White and didn't get anything good. There's sooo many moves it could be now. lol

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, one time I was playing Platinum (I think it was 4th gen at least) and I got a couple moves I had never heard of. That would never happen in RBYGSC.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Remember last year when Syd was trying to "Hall of Fame" all of the Unova Dex Pokemon? Yeah, I'm doing a simmilar challenge in which I must capture every new Pokemon I find and have all of the Pokemon at the same level (The lowest level Pokemon and the highest level Pokemon cannot have more than a 5 level diference).

I have a feeling this challenge will get extremely challenging/tedious once I get to Brycen/Drayden and have 40+ Pokemon to train :U

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Remember last year when Syd was trying to "Hall of Fame" all of the Unova Dex Pokemon? Yeah, I'm doing a simmilar challenge in which I must capture every new Pokemon I find and have all of the Pokemon at the same level (The lowest level Pokemon and the highest level Pokemon cannot have more than a 5 level diference).

I have a feeling this challenge will get extremely challenging/tedious once I get to Brycen/Drayden and have 40+ Pokemon to train :U

I did a Hall of Fame Challenge as well and beat Syd >:3 But Syd unnecessarily has all the Pokémon's levels raised to 70+, which isn't needed, I only trained mine to 60.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Yeah, I remember you said you did it aswell. Congrats if you finished it!

Right now, I just beat Chili (Snivy ftw?) and caught Munna. I now have 7 team members. Going to transfer my 11 Pokemon from my brother's White Version that I transfered from my Black Version to the game .-.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Trying? Trying?! Succeeding, yo. Still working on it.

I did a Hall of Fame Challenge as well and beat Syd >:3 But Syd unnecessarily has all the Pokémon's levels raised to 70+, which isn't needed, I only trained mine to 60.

We weren't in a race, especially since we had different standards, lmfao. I included Petilil, and the three event Pokemon that aren't released and I go to level 70, most of the time. Trying not to do that this round because the Excadrill I have is level 81. Do I REALLY need level 70s alongside that? No, I don't. lol And it's not "unnecessary" leveling. I like being overlevel, so in my world, it's perfectly fine. Get yo facts straight.

vaporeon7

Years
We weren't in a race, especially since we had different standards, lmfao. I included Petilil, and the three event Pokemon that aren't released and I go to level 70, most of the time. Trying not to do that this round because the Excadrill I have is level 81. Do I REALLY need level 70s alongside that? No, I don't. lol And it's not "unnecessary" leveling. I like being overlevel, so in my world, it's perfectly fine. Get yo facts straight.

I used Petilil too at lv60...

I know we weren't a race, I'm just generally competitive. xD And believe me, I like being overlevelled too, all my team was on lv64 before I challenged the E4 on White the first time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I took in an underleveled Watchog lol. I was ready to just get that team over with and get back on track with this challenge. I should be finishing it by March if everything goes well. :D And I'm competitive as well, but to the point where I'll get really mad at people, so I just like to not think of myself in competition with anyone. XD Otherwise I'd be angry all the time! ...And we don't want that... :3

vaporeon7

Years
I took in an underleveled Watchog lol. I was ready to just get that team over with and get back on track with this challenge. I should be finishing it by March if everything goes well. :D And I'm competitive as well, but to the point where I'll get really mad at people, so I just like to not think of myself in competition with anyone. XD Otherwise I'd be angry all the time! ...And we don't want that... :3

You could've raised that Watchog to lv100, it would've still been pretty useless other than statusing other Pokémon. I suppose that thought of competition made me work harder at it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Watchog was good against...wild Audino. lol Also, I'd like to know what everyone's up to! What challenges y'all are doing and what not. :) I'm doing Hall of Fame, Tier, Christian, and a shiny run. So...busy as usual with these. Working on Tier challenge right now though, cause I've had a hankering to play Gold lately haha. About to go and face Morty.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well, I'm starting my Random Pokemon Challenge. I'm also doing a non-official Nuzlocke Challenge (non official as in not posting on any threads) in Crystal. Other than that, nothing. I'm trying to keep myself limited as to how many i do at one time, that way i can keep up with myself on it all.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm still working on soloing with all 88 fully evolved pokemon in Red/Blue.

Other than that, I just finished a Nuzlocke on Silver, and a Duo on Gold.

Pretty much doing everything that's on the first two gens.

Years
Hey guys,

So haven't played for ages and am getting back into the games and am looking for a challenge. And then I stumbled upon this gem on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bHkEacbFXk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For those who don't want to watch it, here's what it basically is:
Since you CANNOT exit Pewter before defeating Brock, this guy filled his pokedex to the MAX before he did so. Eg:
Starter line FE level 36
Pidgey line level 36
Nido m&f level 16
Butterfree. level 10
Beedrill. level 10
Pikachu
Spearow. level 20

Pretty sure thats all of it.

Anyway, so here's the challenge: do this for EVERY region, and also before EVERY gym. Everyone will have exactly the same result, but I reckon I might give it a go. Maybe on Sapphire or Ruby.

What do you guys reckon?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I guess you could go for that! I personally wouldn't haha. The grinding would be insane, and doing that in BW would be nearly impossible...oh Lord...haha.

Years
Fine, be that way....

Alright, WITHOUT glitching you can't do it. Still, I was thinking it over, and the sheer scope of it is intimidating. In Hoenn I think it's around 35 or so. What have I got myself into???

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Also you forgot Rattata.

I grinded a Charmander to 36 for a Zard once without delivering Oak's Parcel. It was over a ~2 week span. Didn't want to play too much to tire myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back