• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Sapphire: Torchic
Emerald: Torchic

FR: Charmander
FR(2): Charmander
FR(3): Charmander

??What, I am allured to Fire Types, they are beastly! Sadly the tradition broke at Gen V. Emboar just didn't fit, his speed wasn't as good and his design...eh...Wasn't as cool as the others.

Xperious

Ty Will kill you!
Years
Torchic and Squirtle. At when Torchic evolved I was like "Wow a fire/fighting pokemon".

Then they just had to make the next two generation fire starters be fire/fighting. Come up with something new Gamefreak!

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
Torchic and Squirtle. Blazieken is self-explanatory, and Blastoise.. I just really like him. :)

funrush

How's it going?
Years
In RSE I always picked Mudkip. In FRLG I first picked Charmander, but when I lost the game and picked up a new one, I chose Squirtle.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
Mudkip, I hate the fire/fighting combo e-o but at least Torchic was the one who started the type unlike some other unimaginative creations >_>

Charmander for FR/LG is what I pick now I used to pick Squirtle imo the game is easier if you pick the sweeper type starter in this game, Blastoise is really balanced and even if you focus on only him through training he still won't be able to one shot a few pokemon I love the water starters more often but Charizard is the best imo.

miju-kun

soaring
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2014
Treecko and Charmander, although I never really did anything in LG (I was five, mind you.)

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
Years
Always fire no matter which game, although I did choose mudkip a couple of times, including my chinese emerald, and I like his move set

Years
In Ruby, Treecko. His line is kinda suave en stylish. In FR/LG I ALWAYS pick charmander. Just because charizard is an awesome dragon fire-spitting WAAARGH thingy.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
First time playing Ruby; I chose Mudkip; because when I first played Pokemon I was a big water-type pokemon fan; and my starter was always a water-type.
And yeah, I like Mudkipz!

Needless to say that my first pokemon in FRLG was Squirtle.

Years
I chose Charmander and Torchic....

Just love the fire guys...and usually in the games there are no other fire pokemon i can catch that I like sooo...

=(^.^)=

Rawrr♥ PC's Snugglemonster
Years
My very first times I chose Chamander and Mudkip :3
They were both the cutest, in my opinion. Plus Charizard is awesome. I didn't know any of the 3rd Gen pokemon yet when I picked Mudkip, so I just hoped it'd be even cooler when it evolved. It was x]

Back