• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Pathways (1/29/24: Alpha 8.5.3)

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years

New-Pathwayz.jpg

OVERVIEW

____________________________________________________________________________________​

For Generations, Pokemon has been a game where you get your starter from the professor,​

catch wild Pokemon, Beat the gym leaders, defeat the elite 4 and inevitably become Champion.

Maybe you even get a legendary or two during your journey. All of this is known as the typical

Pokemon game format. Today, I bring you something different.. Unique, so to speak. This project is currently

being worked on by a whole community, however, it started with just two people. Both of us enjoyed the creation of this game and this is the first game we ever made and released.

We hope you all enjoy playing it.

Without further delay!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

~ Player's Choice
- A majority of in game outcomes are solely dependent on your choices alone.
What you say, do and decide will dictate your future, just like real life.
Spoiler:

~ Character Stats
- Stats such as Intelligence, Strength, Charm and Skill
are all calculated based on your choices in game. These stats also determine what
you as an individual are capable of. Make a choice, and you'll see one of these stats effected.

Intelligence - Determines how smart the player is. It is needed to ascend to higher rank classes and discover the unknown.
Strength - Determines how physically strong the player is. It is needed to move, make or break objects!
Charm - Determines how attractive the player is. It is needed to increase success when flirting and to encounter Legendary Pokemon!
Skill - Determines the player's abilities as a Pokemon trainer. It is needed to unlock more wild Pokemon and Trainers to battle!

Spoiler:

~ Energy - A character stat that determines how many actions you are able to do in a day. Various activities will consume your Energy.
You will be notified once your Energy is low, and once it is low enough, you will have the choice to sleep and start the next day.

~ Interactions - Not necessarily a character stat, but still effected by player actions. It determines the game's time of day.
Essentially, the more interactions you make in a day, the more time has passed. It is reset everyday.
Spoiler:

~ Reputation - Positive and Negative alignment based on your choices in game. Some may be good, others not so much.
The same person may say different things to you depending on your level of Reputation.
Spoiler:

~ Academy Perks - Winning Club activities will grant you different perks that are permanent!
There are 13 in total but you can only have two so choose wisely!
Spoiler:

~ NPC Affinity - Some of the NPC's in your class are students you can bond with. These NPC's will give you a variety of things.
Their affinity with you is displayed when interacted with. You may talk and battle with them daily, and will be able to unlock future interactions as well.
Spoiler:

~ Schooling System - You are at an academy with your own dorm room. You are expected to complete homework on time and attend class Monday - Friday.
Failure to do so will result in a detention. Getting enough Detentions and skipping detentions skipped will ultimately lead to your expulsion.
Spoiler:

~ Multiple Save Files - You are able to have up to 8 different savefiles!
This gives you the option to see and experience the many different choices and outcomes available in Pokemon Pathways without having to lose your main progress!
Spoiler:

Here's a video made by me, explaining why I made pathways!

Shout to all the people who went out of their way to make videos showcasing the game!

GAME DOWNLOAD

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for everyone who has downloaded the game and tested the alpha up to this point, and also to everyone who will download from this point on.
There shouldn't be anything wrong with this latest release, but of course if there is feel free to comment about it here and we'll get to it ASAP.
Again, Thank You for Playing!

Pokemon Pathways Alpha 8.5.3 Google drive Download

NOTE! If you're updating the game and not wanting to start a new game, make sure you save in the pokemon center!
By doing this, you will prevent mixing compiled data from older versions to your new game!

GUIDES

I strongly recommend you play the game blind, however, if you'd like a bit more information to help your run, here is the master guide made by Shinu_Guardian, Yukine13, Arcturus, and the community.
Spoiler:

_____________________________________​
CHANGELOG
Spoiler:

KNOWN BUGS
Spoiler:

SUPPORT
Spoiler:

CREDITS
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
There doesn't seem to be a way to save I tried up until I reached my dorm but I really don't plan on playing further unless you can tell me how to fricking save. Especially since I keep running into bugs like talking to the girl swimming by the fight club crashed my game

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
There doesn't seem to be a way to save I tried up until I reached my dorm but I really don't plan on playing further unless you can tell me how to fricking save. Especially since I keep running into bugs like talking to the girl swimming by the fight club crashed my game

Thank you for finding the bug with the swimming girl by the fight club! I just fixed her! Also, you have the option to save once you end the day by sleeping in your bed! In order to sleep, your energy needs to be low! I'll put that saving can only be done once you sleep in the next patch!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Thank you for finding the bug with the swimming girl by the fight club! I
The room on the left end of the D-rank dorm hallway also led to some test room or whatever they're called again someone just gave 6 pokemon. Whatever it was when I tried to leave I was no longer in the academy at all.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
The room on the left end of the D-rank dorm hallway also led to some test room or whatever they're called again someone just gave 6 pokemon. Whatever it was when I tried to leave I was no longer in the academy at all.

Oh shoot, thanks for reminding me! it's fixed. I'll be releasing the patch today. I also included an option to save once you reach the academy for the first time, as well as a few other things.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
This looks very interesting, and a far cry from what a traditional Pokémon game generally is. Definitely going to give this a spin for sure.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
I went to the cave in the area of all the academy buildings and went down the ladder and there's no way back up the only place that led out of the cave led to route 7

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
I went to the cave in the area of all the academy buildings and went down the ladder and there's no way back up the only place that led out of the cave led to route 7

Thank you. The bug is Fixed in 1.2 which is now released!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Thank you. The bug is Fixed in 1.2 which is now released!
All right but I found more bugs in the D rank field the one that has the guy fishing by the entrance, when I went west past my witch classmate and the up north there was some more water I pressed enter and the game crashed. After I got done with class I went to heal my pokemon and then instead of one there were two pokemon following me. Also in that cave neither the witch girl or the martial arts classmate say anything when you try and talk to them, there's a number of people like this like the two people blocking the entrance to some forest in the area with all the academy buildings . Also don't know if it's a bug or a feature but in the fields when I talked to the girl with sentret it started another battle against her. Lastly I kinda of don't want mention this one but I found another way to save when quitting through game menu after asking if I want to quit it ask if I want to save.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Forgot the Pokemon center one you seem to have fixed must of been an issue with scyther since switching him to the front no longer makes him the one following me around, sadly.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
All right but I found more bugs in the D rank field the one that has the guy fishing by the entrance, when I went west past my witch classmate and the up north there was some more water I pressed enter and the game crashed. After I got done with class I went to heal my pokemon and then instead of one there were two pokemon following me. Also in that cave neither the witch girl or the martial arts classmate say anything when you try and talk to them, there's a number of people like this like the two people blocking the entrance to some forest in the area with all the academy buildings . Also don't know if it's a bug or a feature but in the fields when I talked to the girl with sentret it started another battle against her. Lastly I kinda of don't want mention this one but I found another way to save when quitting through game menu after asking if I want to quit it ask if I want to save.

I'm fixing all of those bugs right now. Thanks for finding and reporting them! I have the downloads on halt until the newer bugs you found can be fixed for 1.2

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Forgot the Pokemon center one you seem to have fixed must of been an issue with scyther since switching him to the front no longer makes him the one following me around, sadly.

Updated 1.2 Release is out, hopefully everything you mentioned is fixed

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Can't believe I just noticed how badly I butchered that sentence it was supposed to be "forget the Pokemon center you seem to have fixed it"
hopefully everything you mentioned is fixed
It seems to be but I'll go find other bugs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
Talking to the guy in the upper right corner of the battle club crashes the game. Also the white haired guy at the lower right corner of the second floor of the library doesn't say anything when I try and talk to him. There are a boy and a girl stand on the hill at the upper left corner of the D-rank field with the guy fishing near the entrance that don't say anything either.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Talking to the guy in the upper right corner of the battle club crashes the game. Also the white haired guy at the lower right corner of the second floor of the library doesn't say anything when I try and talk to him. There are a boy and a girl stand on the hill at the upper left corner of the D-rank field with the guy fishing near the entrance that don't say anything either.

All bugs should be fixed now in 1.2.5!

Years
I found some bugs, going around the campus lots such as the market or library, I could not talk to very few people. Just a few I could not talk to. However, my biggest bug I found was that while exploring the wild area after the first day of class, report to teacher when done, I had gotten into a battle accidentally and died. I then got into a wild battle and my Pansage was full health? Then I went to the pokecenter and when she finished, I had TWO pansage following me!! It was weird! I was never sent to the Poke Center when I lost the battle which was weird, then I had two pansage following me? Is this a known bug or did I completely mess my game up? I am willing to redownload if this is fixed as I loved the game within the first few minutes!!!

Back