• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Error on Pokemon Compile

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I am trying to update one of my older works I haven't touched in years with newer mons, and it's late, and I am at my wits end on what to do about it.

This is the error I am getting.

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
File PBS/pokemon.txt, section 651, key Compatibility

Compiler:219:in `csvPosInt!'
Compiler:2319:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2298:in `each'
Compiler:2298:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2296:in `loop'
Compiler:2376:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2280:in `each'
Compiler:2280:in `pbCompilePokemonData'
Compiler:2279:in `each'
Compiler:2279:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

The section in question is:

Code:
[651]
Name=Quilladin
InternalName=QUILLADIN
Type1=GRASS
BaseStats=61,78,95,57,56,58
GenderRate=FemaleOneEighth
GrowthRate=Parabolic
BaseEXP=142
EffortPoints=0,0,2,0,0,0
Rareness=45
Happiness=70
Abilities=OVERGROW
HiddenAbility=BULLETPROOF
Moves=0,NEEDLEARM,1,NEEDLEARM,1,GROWL,1,VINEWHIP,5,VINEWHIP,8,ROLLOUT,11,BITE,15,LEECHSEED,19,PINMISSILE,29,TAKEDOWN,35,SEEDBOMB,39,MUDSHOT,44,BULKUP,48,BODYSLAM,52,PAINSPLIT,56,WOODHAMMER
Compatibility=5
StepsToHatch=5120
Height=0.7
Weight=29.0
Color=Green
Shape=6
Kind=Spiky Armor
Pokedex=They strengthen their lower bodies by running into one another. They are very kind and won't start fights.
BattlerPlayerY=24
BattlerEnemyY=28
BattlerAltitude=0
Evolutions=CHESNAUGHT,Level,36

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The error message already tells you where the issue is - you have defined the Compatibility incorrectly. Compatibility is not supposed to be a number, but is instead defined by an egg group, such as "Monster", "Bug1", "Field", etc. I'm looking at my own PBS file and I see that the line for Quilladin should actually look like this this:

Compatibility = Field

Honestly, if you remember exactly what changes to which species you've made in the past, I would suggest just downloading the pokemon.txt file from a clean copy of Essentials v18.1 and making your changes on that. If you've made too many changes, though, then you'll have to manually update each entry to the correct format. You can find how each section should be defined here: https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Defining_a_species.

Back