• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metronome surprises

Cheeky Typhlosion

Call me CK!
Years
When I woz battling my friend I got my Lugia 2 use Fly so that it wood b safe 4 a turn. On that same turn my friend's Togetic used Metronome, and it turned into selfdestruct. Weird. It woz pretty funny 2 c the look on my friend's face coz the Togetic knocked itself out without even touchin my Lugia.

Years
Im not too surprised at what attack is used when I use metronome because it is random and all. I don't like it when it is a heavy hitting attack; that's always good. I've gotten quite a few good moves from using it: Volt Tackle, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon just to name a few.

[Paper Wings]

Cosmic Castaway
Years
Metronome is such an obnoxiously lovely move; I have a love/hate relationship with it. It seems that everytime I use it during a critical stage of an important battle where I need a high-damage attack, I'll get some pansy move like String Shot or Tackle. But in a casual, unimportant battle against a random Youngster, I'll end up getting Blast Burn, or Thunderbolt.

It's a conspiracy, I just know it.

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
Years
On emerald... well, let's put it this way:

Clefable used Metronome
Clefable used Volt Tackle
Foe Kyogre fainted

*Resets*

Clefable used Metronome
Clefable used Explosion
Foe Kyogre fainted

*Resets*

Clefable used Metronome
Clefable used Assist
*Assist becomes Frenzy Plant*
Foe Kyogre fainted.

O_O;

Needless to say, I finally just sent out my Scyther and Parasect to False Swipe\Spore it into submission. It was fun, though. Maybe I should just use Metronome in a few of my Multi-battle matches in the Battle Tower.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 5, 2008
I have to say that is quite funny. I would've waited to see if I could pull off another OHKO.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

lol, Metronome is friggin' awesome. I love having Metronome battles on Netbattle because there are so many surprises:

Ludicolo used Metronome!
Ludicolo used Fissure!
Ludicolo's attack missed!
---------------------------------
Metrofable used Metronome!
Metrofable used Horn Drill!
(63% damage)
It's a one-hit KO!
Ludicolo fainted!

XD Two OHKO moves in the same turn, and my Clefable actually hit it.
And in the same battle, my Politoed got a whole bunch of stat boosts that won it the battle:

Begin Turn #51
Metrotoed used Metronome!
Metrotoed used Defense Curl!
Metrotoed's Defense rose!
Politoed used Metronome!
Politoed used Mach Punch!
(16 damage)

Begin Turn #52
Metrotoed used Curse!
Metrotoed's Attack rose!
Metrotoed's Speed fell!
Politoed used Struggle!
(13 damage)
Politoed is hit with recoil!
Begin Turn #58
Politoed used Struggle!
(20 damage)
Politoed is hit with recoil!
Metrotoed lowered its head!

Begin Turn #59
Politoed used Metronome!
Politoed used Recycle!
Politoed found one Leppa Berry!
Metrotoed used Skull Bash!
(1% damage)
Politoed fainted!

Begin Turn #60
Metrotoed used Ancientpower!
(17% damage)
Metrotoed's Attack rose!
Metrotoed's Speed rose!
Metrotoed's Special Attack rose!
Metrotoed's Special Defense rose!

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
It's not against the rules anymore but I do feel compelled to ask: how did you manage to dig up this thread from 2006? :p

To see if it had happened to anyone else, and this was the first link in the list. And what do you mean by against the rules? What rules?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 14, 2018
Also, the pictures were actually taken about 3 minutes before I posted. I just got the game a week ago from a friend.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
Teleport/Splash/Milk Drink/Substitute. But it was not so funny except teleport, because it wasn't serious battle.

Last edited:
Back