• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

when you get status effects

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
do you heal status effects immediately or do you usually ignore them or try to attack through them? I often fall victim to the "don't bother to heal Sleep, just keep attacking and you'll get lucky" belief even though most of the time it would have been faster just to use an Awakening.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I usually ignore them. Sometimes it's easier to let something die and just hit it with a revive than healing the status condition and then healing the damage it caused.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
It depends on the situation really. Sometimes I heal right away, and other times I wait it out, particularly when I don't have or can't use a healing item, and/or I feel that my switch-in will be OHKO'd.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
i heal immediately. especially when you get unlucky and get paralyzed for 3 turns in a row.

Last edited:
Years
I tend to often heal immediately, or if playing a 6th/7th Gen game hope that the high affection kicks in and shrugs off the status. Let's admit it, I seem to go in a ragefest when a status condition happens, especially Confusion... because I hate a certain Alola Elite Four member who loves to use Teeter Dance on me.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
It usually depends on the status to be honest. If it's something like poison or paralysis, which won't heal on its own, I tend to keep with it, and if it gets annoying, then I heal it up. For sleep, I tend to wait it out, but confusion is where I draw the line at points. Even though confusion got nerfed this gen, I would now keep it in, but if the Pokemon keeps hitting itself, then I'd recall it and use something else instead. It's not as though I'll get one-shotted by my own confusion damage.

blue

gucci
Years
if i have a berry that can cure it then i'll use is right away. burn and confusion are the main ones that i'd heal instantly just because they're such an annoyance.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Usually ignore, unless it's poison or burn and my Pokémon is close to fainting.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Asleep: Depends how strong and advantaged my Pokémon is versus the enemy. 98% of the time I heal it, the enemy just does another Hypnosis/Sleep Powder. Gdi
Burned: I never bothered with that until they changed it. Now I will heal it as fast as I can if I have a physical attacker.
Poisoned: Poké Center only, It doesn't bother me as much now that there's no damage while walking.
Paralysis: Usually I only heal once the Pokémon that paralyzed me have fainted. Because they also spam Thunder Wave/Stun Spore
Confused: I Usually don't heal it unless it got hit with Swagger

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
A lot of the time when I have a damaging status affect I just switch out rather than healing it and heal after the battle. Passing a turn can be crippling sometimes.

porygoing

Kreeeeeh
Years
I ignore everything. At first time I played the game, I haven't used any medicines (even potions), so it took a lot of time to clear the game. Now I use hyper potions, but not status heal items before getting really worse.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Sleep- Attack until it wakes up

Paralysis- Fix immediately. I don't like dealing with this

Burn- Full Restore

Poison- Heal after the battle, unless it's toxic, which I'll heal after a couple turns

Freeze- Full Restore

Confusion- Fight through it, hope to hit

Back