• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP Ash vs XY Ash Who's The Better Trainer

Wh

• DP Ash

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • XY Ash

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

pkmin3033

Ok then if DP Ash can use old pokemon than XY Ash can use old pokemon. How would DP Ash know what pokemon XY Ash has if he never been to Kalos? And we are only using region pokemon for this to work because if DP Ash can switch pokemon than so can XY Ash.
But XY Ash wouldn't switch his Pokemon, because he never did - this is the point. XY Ash would rely solely upon Greninja to win, like he always did, and he'd be arrogant enough to assume he could just power his way through anything with his existing team. He COULD do it, but he WOULDN'T, and he DIDN'T. DP Ash did not. DP Ash changed his team around to fit the situation and throw his opponents off-balance, unlike XY Ash, who did not.

For the last time, no. I am not only using region teams, because that's a flawed way of looking at DP Ash when in the league he relied upon Pokemon he had caught from previous regions. If you want to look at Pokemon they both used IN the league, fine; he didn't use Charizard or any number of his old Pokemon so I suppose they're not relevant. But Sceptile and those others he used ARE relevant. But it does NOT work with just their regional teams as a comparison. Not with DP Ash, at any rate.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
But XY Ash wouldn't switch his Pokemon, because he never did - this is the point. XY Ash would rely solely upon Greninja to win, like he always did, and he'd be arrogant enough to assume he could just power his way through anything with his existing team. He COULD do it, but he WOULDN'T, and he DIDN'T. DP Ash did not. DP Ash changed his team around to fit the situation and throw his opponents off-balance, unlike XY Ash, who did not.

For the last time, no. I am not only using region teams, because that's a flawed way of looking at DP Ash when in the league he relied upon Pokemon he had caught from previous regions. If you want to look at Pokemon they both used IN the league, fine; he didn't use Charizard or any number of his old Pokemon so I suppose they're not relevant. But Sceptile and those others he used ARE relevant. But it does NOT work with just their regional teams as a comparison. Not with DP Ash, at any rate.

I love your bias for DP Ash here. XY Ash can switch if he needed to and he would use his strongest pokemon to fight legendarys unlike DP Ash.

pkmin3033

I love your bias for DP Ash here. XY Ash can switch if he needed to and he would use his strongest pokemon to fight legendarys unlike DP Ash.
Y'know, I find it hilarious that you only started going around accusing people of bias after I pointed out your own bias.

You can only go by the behaviour and actions they displayed in the anime. XY Ash did not switch his Pokemon. DP Ash did. Assuming that XY Ash would switch when he never did - despite having more than sufficient reason to when facing Alain - is just a false conclusion.

You seem obsessed with this idea of strength, but strategy is far more valuable than strength - strategy wins matches.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Y'know, I find it hilarious that you only started going around accusing people of bias after I pointed out your own bias.

You can only go by the behaviour and actions they displayed in the anime. XY Ash did not switch his Pokemon. DP Ash did. Assuming that XY Ash would switch when he never did - despite having more than sufficient reason to when facing Alain - is just a false conclusion.

You seem obsessed with this idea of strength, but strategy is far more valuable than strength - strategy wins matches.

Ok this is getting old now. How about we agree to disagree and say that both sides are strong in there own right and it would be a 50/50 chance on who wins and leave it at that.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
And how do you know this? I mean, Greninja almost won against diantha's gardevoir while DP Ash couldn't stand a chance against an elite four.

XY Ash was never gonna win against Gardevoir. He just got lucky with a hit or two. Ash-Greninja would have been defeated.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I don't believe that. I believe in certain rules of anime. One rule is that Ash can not beat a champion.

Then how is he putting up a good fight then, if he can't beat a champion then he will be getting wrecked but he not.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Then how is he putting up a good fight then, if he can't beat a champion then he will be getting wrecked but he not.
Greninja got lucky. It caught Gardevoir off guard. Gardevoir would still have finished it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Greninja got lucky. It caught Gardevoir off guard. Gardevoir would still have finished it.

How the only way I can think of MG winning is moonblast but she need to charge the move and what makes you think AG will let her do that?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
How the only way I can think of MG winning is moonblast but she need to charge the move and what makes you think AG will let her do that?
Moonblast is not a 2 turn attack. It can attack on first turn. I just don't see Ash winning against Diantha. But this is off topic.

Anyway for me DP Ash would win. Everyone is welcome to think otherwise.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Moonblast is not a 2 turn attack. It can attack on first turn. I just don't see Ash winning against Diantha. But this is off topic.

Anyway for me DP Ash would win. Everyone is welcome to think otherwise.

I mean in the anime it looks like Moonblast needs to charge.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
XY Ash would win over DP Ash. Because Ash in the XY series train very hard night and day, so he would win.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
How do you know that? And we are using their league teams only.

I can't forgive XY Ash for leaving behind Greninja and Goodra so DP Ash wins for me.

Also DP Ash's entire team is powerhouses. Unlike XY Ash.

Years
I pick DP Ash.
DP Ash owns a very mixed Pokemon type team unlike XY Ash that owns 3 flying type Pokemon into a same team. DP Ash also has got a much better character development and growth, he switches his Pokemon and he has trained hella hard. Plus, we also kow DP Ash was the second strongest trainer in the Sinnoh league like XY Ash in the Kalos league, even if he only did it to the semi-finals.

To be frank, I am not sure who would win between Special Blaze Infernape and Ash-Greninja. DP Ash also can counter Ash-Greninja with DP Pikachu that has the Latios drawing feat. What makes difference is DP Ash got a real development and growth in DP. XY Ash was treated like a God with little development even when he came from doing a poor performance in the Unova league.

So DP Ash for me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
XY Ash had a fully evolved team, so he would most likely beat DP Ash.

Back