• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I believe to have found a bug:
In Wild Doubles, if you use Volt Switch and have no Pokemon to switch into, your Pokemon becomes simply untargetable and unable to perform any action as if it was called back for the remaining battle.
And when Volt Switch or U-Turn finish off the opposing last Pokemon, you shouldn't get to switch anymore. At least that's how the original games handle it.
Sorry for not using GitHub but I'm not registered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
I have literally no knowledge in programming. I've downloaded the necessary things but when I click the make.py it says "windows can't open this file". What program do I still need?

Years
  • Seen today
I have literally no knowledge in programming. I've downloaded the necessary things but when I click the make.py it says "windows can't open this file". What program do I still need?

Presumably you're missing Python, or haven't associated it with .py files. From the first post:

- Download the latest version of python(3.4, 3.5 or 3.6 should be good).
After downloading and before proceeding to install make sure that the 'add to path' checkbox is ticked, otherwise you'll have to add the python path in the environment variables manually.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 26, 2023
Hi, can someone help me set this up? I've downloaded and installed the devarms and Python, however, when I try to open the make.py file, python immediately closes. I put FireRed and Emerald in the main folder. Please help me.

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
Years
Hi, can someone help me set this up? I've downloaded and installed the devarms and Python, however, when I try to open the make.py file, python immediately closes. I put FireRed and Emerald in the main folder. Please help me.

You only need Emerald.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 26, 2023
Thank you, I see I need to use IDLE to edit the make.py file, but, I don't know how. Could you or someone help me?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 6, 2018
I'm getting this any1 know what could be wrong?

Ps: solved , the problem was the version of python, with 3.4 gave me this error but after installing 3.6.0 was enought

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
Years
I'm not quite sure how to get the GEN VI exp share to work. I've defined GENVI_EXPSHARE as true but it doesn't share any EXP after compiling the files into the ROM.
Nevermind that, I forgot to set up a flag for it.

Would there be an easy way to call a custom script when the EXP share is "used"?

Last edited:

Syntech

Synthesia + Technology = 사랑해
Years
Hi Guys! Im just wondering if anyone can give me a copy of the Patched Pokemon Emerald with that Battle engine.

Im having trouble patching mine because i don't passed the minimum system requirement of Python 3.8

If anyone can i will gladly appreciate it.

Delta231

A noob
Years
Hi Guys! Im just wondering if anyone can give me a copy of the Patched Pokemon Emerald with that Battle engine.

Im having trouble patching mine because i don't passed the minimum system requirement of Python 3.8

If anyone can i will gladly appreciate it.

Why don't you get yourself Python 3.8 and I prefer you to compile it because you can use free space in your rom.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 19, 2019
It seems like neither link for Devkit works as intended anymore. I was able to download the newest version of Devkitpro, but unable to find r45 of Devkitarm. I tried following the rest of the steps and received an error in the CMD line phase. Any help?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 20, 2022
Hello, I think this is my first post here, I'm from the spanish rom hacking community (kown as 'Samu').
First of all i'd like to say thank you to everyone who has been developing this project, it's just amazing. It is a pity that it is halted, but as I've seen the code is indeed quite a mess (mostly because the GF code that you are extending is poor). I just hope you can reboot and continue with your awesome job asap.

On the other hand, despite this engine project being halted, I'd want to share something with everyone who may need it. I've been working with this engine for the last week to adjust it to my own requeriments, and for doing so, I've made a few move animations for gen4-6 (I don't know the exact number, but it is between 70 and 100 new animations).
Some of them are pretty neat, and other are just mere placeholders, here you have a list of the movements that AREN'T animated (if was way shorter this way).
PD: Wesleyfg animations have been included, and I've used some of Mr. Dollsteak's particles.
Spoiler:

I've also modified some of the animations due to personal preferences (like aura sphere or shadow force), because tey didn't work propperly (like defog), or because they were incomplete (U-turn and Volt Switch). In addition, I've modified the behaviour of the move battle scripts nº35 (u-turn/volt-switch) to get it closer to the original.
Oh, and I did also find an error that I considered kind of 'critical'. Recharge moves like hyper beam were not working propperly, cause the recharge flag was getting loaded on the wrong pokemon bank. Long story short: I've fixed it.

Guys, you have worked a lot to make this engine aviable to everyone, so I'd feel really bad if I didn't share what I've been working on for the last week, even if the project is halted. Feel free to use any of the animations I've done (or the little code fixes). If any of this is useful for you when the project is rebooted or for anyone who wants to use this engine i'd be awesome.

Download link here: mediafire.com/file/5gw7o8xtfduayg1/Pokemon-Emerald-Battle-Engine-Upgrade-master.rar

:pink_confused:Apparently I cannot post links until i've 5 messages on the forum, so I'm sorry for the link format.

All credits go for the people listed on the credit section of the main post and/or the creators of the battle engine upgrade.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I'm not able to view my expanded Pokemon in PGE because I am getting "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream" sometimes and "RecordNumber is not valid" sometimes. I installed this third, with the PokeExpansion first and the ItemTmTutorExpansion second.

Make sure you have DevkitArm v45 only because all EM repos work only with DevkitArm v45.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Oct 30, 2019
I have multiple problems, going thorugh the installation guide.

1. Clicking the first link, i can not download the required files, because there is nothing to download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/latest/download?source=typ_redirect

2. Clicking the second link, i can not download the required files, because there is nothing to download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/devkitARM/devkitARM_r45/

3. I dont understand why you dont just upload a simple patch for clean emerald. Those who want to apply the program on a begun-hack can still do it, it's not a reason to not upload a patch. Especially considering that roundabout 10 people already have asked for it. Even more have massive trouble with the installation. Last but not least noone wants to install that much crap for one-time use.

Have nice day

Years
I cannot seem to get this to work properly, I get an error message for a cc1.exe saying the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).... If anyone has successfully installed this could they send me an IPS or UPS patch for an unmodified emerald that works with PGE? I would greatly appreciate it!

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2023
Does anyone have devkitARM r45's setup file still since it no longer exists. If not then does anyone have a patch for clean extended Emerald since not matter what i do i cant get the thing to actually work.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Would anyone be willing to help guide me through installing this? Whenever I click the links to try and download, there's nothing there, even after I click the blue arrow. Thanks!

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
There are a couple of major bugs with this engine, so I've described their fixes below:

-Skill swap makes bad eggs:
--ctrl+ f ability_change(void), find it in helper_functions.c
--look through this function for things that sat "u8"
--replace them with "u16"

-Volt switch crashing when used in double battles with only two pokemon
--Ctrl+f jumpifonlyonepokemon(void)
--Replace the command with this, using correct indenting:

{
if (count_party_pokemon(bank_attacker) <= 1)
battlescripts_curr_instruction = (void*) read_word(battlescripts_curr_instruction);
else if ((count_party_pokemon(bank_attacker) <= 2) && (battle_flags.double_battle))
battlescripts_curr_instruction = (void*) read_word(battlescripts_curr_instruction);
else
battlescripts_curr_instruction += 4;
}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back