• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Interview with Fairy, Pokécommunity Forums' Favourite Sylveon

Interview with Fairy the Sylveon

Interview with Fairy the Sylveon

Fact Checking Gardevoir interviews Fairy about her origins and her job!
Years
Hello everyone! Fact Checking Gardevoir here, on a trip in Kalos' region! Today, we are at the quaint Laverre City.
*As she speaks, green subtitles appear on the screens. Gardevoir follows the camera as it turns to show a very large tree at the center of the town.*
Did you know this big and ancient tree, right there, is rumored to be one thousand and five hundreds of years old ? Laverre City was founded around it, and it's so large that people even built an entire gym in its venerable trunk!

*She walks to the nearby Café's closest table, on which a laptop computer is visible.*
Now, I still haven't told you what special occasion we have come here for. Well, it is for an interview... with Kalos' favourite Sylveon, Fairy!
*She waves her arm to her left as Fairy the Sylveon steps into view with a smile and waves a paw. Both sit at the table, Fairy in front of the laptop. As she starts typing with her ribbon-like feelers, pink subtitles appear on the screens, at the same time as her voice can be heard, filled with her emotions.*

ADt7M4Z.png

"Hello, everyone!"
So, Fairy, our first question is, how did you get your name ? If I remember well, your eleventh birthday is in ten days and, ten years ago, there must not have been many people knowing about Fairy types, as Johto and Kalos' regions still were unaware of each other.
"Oh! I chose the name Fairy for myself a long, long time ago, even before Kalos had become known to the greater world. It had always felt right to me!"

JZX70Dt.png

Could you tell us where you come from ?
"Of course! I was born in the wild forests outside Violet City, in the Johto region!"
c2OkIvf.png

*Fairy allows for a wave of warm, happy nostalgia to radiate from her.*
"I have five siblings - four brothers and one sister - who would always tease me for leveling up slower. So, I spent a lot of time around the Sprout Tower! Those nice monks fed me berries, pet and groomed my tail, and taught me about the world and how much better it would be if people and Pokémon lived in harmony!
*Fairy's happiness was palpable for all viewers.*
I believe it was the affections of those monks that predestined me to evolve into a Sylveon. This is when I learned the Baby-Doll Eyes move, unlike my siblings. This move earned me more than a few sweets!"
*Fairy and Gardevoir share a chuckle.*

PWvvoFm.png

*Sylveon let her ribbons droop a little*
"I didn't feel... very close with my family for being different."
*Gardevoir's face turns compassionate.*
I think I know how you feel... in my own family, they had trouble understanding why I was more interested in joining a TV show than in battling. But we both had the luck of building strong friendships with people who accepted us for who we were!

JvuDg66.png

*Sylveon perked up instantly, her whole body seeming aglow.*
"Indeed! Even before I evolved, I naturally began developing my emotional awareness. I became very good at bonding with people, as well as showing compassion and empathy."
I have no doubt about it. Having someone like you around can brighten anyone's day, whether in person or through Internet forums! Which brings us to the next question : How did you start such a successful career ?

XLw5mwq.png

"I've never heard anyone refer to it as a successful career before!"
*Sylveon blushed, but it was humble.*
"I set off on my own, believing in myself, and gained experience through resolving conflict around me. I travelled far and often to help as many people as possible! Then, one day, I overheard people talking about *Internet drama* and I just knew that's where I needed to be. I discovered a forum about Pokémon made by humans, for humans."
AtWGCFq.png

*Fairy projected pride and dignity, with just a hint of smugness*
"I was still an Eevee at this time, but I began by helping humans to understand competitive battling. I shared my knowledge about Pokémon's Natures, Abilities, Movesets, Effort Values, and Individual Values as they are very important!"

Jogg6DE.png

"You know, the obvious stuff every Pokémon knows about."
*Fairy winked.*

"I made many loving human friends and felt so welcomed and accepted. I also learned other Pokémon also visit the forums too!"
I heartily approve! Pokémon are undoubtedly able to do more things just like humans!
On that topic, can you tell us about the other pokémon you have been working with ?

ADt7M4Z.png

"I'd LOVE to! There's a darling Shaymin in Sky Forme, a dear Ivysaur whom I care about very much, a Milotic who has taught me even more about compassion, an outgoing and always sunny Cherrim, the Flaaffy who is the leader of this community (and inherited it from a human), and a fierce, powerful Dragon type with whom I formed a rivalry with!"
RaSsCsz.png

*Fairy cuts herself off, disguising the feelings of predatory action with playfulness.*
xRxpAvr.png

"Ahaha... anyway!! I could go on for quite a while listing every Pokémon I've met and worked with, but that would take a long time!"
"Fairy looks into the camera lens.*
ADt7M4Z.png

"You know who you are!!"

*Sylveon clears her throat.*
"While participating in competitive battling, I also began interacting with the community through contributing art! Then, during one snowy evening in Snowbelle City, Kalos, I evolved! I was officially Fairy, in name and type. In Kalos, I learned about the Fairy type but I never had suspected myself to become one."
We could say you found your destiny!
"I suppose so, yes! I immediately hopped online to tell everyone about my evolution. I then received a private message asking if I was interested in moderating Art and Design. I have spent many years on Pokémon Forum, helping artists improve their skills and sharing art of my own. I welcome everyone who opens themselves to me through art, and they can feel the sincerity in my words. I also used my newly developed instincts to stop plagiarizers and thieves."
I see your abilities as a Sylveon, to erase enmity and resolve conflicts, has been put to good use!
*Fairy nods approvingly.*
ADt7M4Z.png

"Later, I began moderating Meet and Greet, as I felt uniquely equipped to help new members. I welcome everyone without judgement. I wanted to contribute in spreading a warm and inviting aura across the boards. I get involved in a little bit of everything! I strive to put the others' feelings before mine. I resolve in staff and out of staff conflicts by listening to all sides, by urging productive communication, and by spreading waves of pacifism."
This forum sure is lucky to have you!

"Thank you. I recently was promoted again to Moderator Lead! My job is now more than just taking care of the areas I moderate.
I have since found love for making clubs, moderating The Club House. I also began collecting Sylveon trading cards, and moderate Pokémon Trading Card Game. I have participated in coding projects for the forum, as I have become a part of the PC Development Team. Lastly, I have helped assembling a forum-wide game about raising pokémon for people to play. As such, I moderate Virtual Pokémon Pets. But I am also tasked with "taking care" of the mods! Keeping harmony and conflict resolution come easily because the staff are wonderful humans already! I supply enthusiasm and confidence to those mods who need it. I lend compassion and understanding to those experiencing difficulties. They say I am the voice of empathy."

*Fairy blushes a bit.*
I have no doubt you are fully deserving of their praise!
*Fairy blushes a bit more but lets out a soft chuckle.*
XLw5mwq.png

"Goodness, thank you!"
*Gardevoir nods, smiling.*
And what of your situation now ?
"I have settled here in Laverre City, living an enriching life both online and offline. I do surprise myself everyday by overcoming a fear or doing something new. I am happy with my life partner, and I work on being the change that I want to see in the world."
*Gardevoir nods and looks back at the camera with a smile.*
A truly inspiring Sylveon we have here! Devoted to spread happiness and joy to people around her as well as before a screen! Let's wish her luck and success for the rest of her bright career. Fairy, we thank you deeply for agreeing to offer us this interview. This was a delight!

c2OkIvf.png

*Sylveon looks towards the approaching figure with a smile*
"Cheers to that!"
Cheers!
*The Café's waiter brings two cups of warm coffee to the table. The pokémon thank him before he walks back inside.
I never tried coffee before... I only had eyes for Berry Juices, but it would be a crime not to try Kalos' coffee while I am there!
*She takes a small sip.*
"Do you like it ?"
GJlf3oy.png

*Fairy tilts her head.*
... OH MY GOSH! THIS IS DIVINE! COFFEE IS THE BEST THING ARCEUS EVER CREATED!
*Fairy smiles awkwardly at the camera.*
WHERE IS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!? WHEREVER THERE IS COFFEE!!!
xRxpAvr.png

"... Let's take a short break."

*The camera cuts. After a short while, it comes back to the scene, with a chuckling Fairy and a blushing but calmed Gardevoir.*
Sorry everyone for this... outburst. I didn't expect this fine drink to trigger such a reaction in me. Thank you again, Fairy, for your time...
*The waiter comes back with a box, which he deposits in front of a surprised Gardevoir.*
"I wanted you to have this gift as thanks for coming here and giving me an interview."
*Gardevoir smiles brightly as she is very moved.*
How kind of you... thank you very much, Fairy! I will make sure to give you something big for your upcoming birthday!
*The two pokemon stand up and shake hand and feeler with a smile, before they turn to the camera.*
JZX70Dt.png

And that's it for today, everyone! If you are in Kalos, or in front of your screen, in need of help, you now know where to find it! See you later, for our next interview! Stay tuned! And if you're interested in taking part in an interview – or being the interviewer – let us know in the comments!
*Fairy and Gardevoir wave goodbye with a smile, then the camera cuts.*

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I just want to say a special thank you to Fact Checking Gardevoir, and everyone who reads along this little journey with us! I had so, so much fun! It was an honor to work with Gardevoir to share Sylveon's story and I'm very much looking forward to seeing more collaborations between our #1 favorite interviewer and the Pokémon of this forum!

Jogg6DE.png

Like I mentioned, you know who you are!
*eyes a certain Lilligant, Skymin, Ivysaur, Snivy, & MANY OTHERS*

Back