• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sup guys. Wow, I haven't posted here for a while, but the Hoenn fever hit me again recently, and I went digging for info. I stumbled upon this timeline, you might find it interesting:

http://www.dipity.com/pkmnwest/The-History-of-Pokemon-RPGs_1/?mode=fs

It basically details the releases and build ups to the main games in the series. It really hammers home the patterns that have been reccuring over the years, and lead me to believe that:

What the next main games are won't become obvious until around february.
Comparing where we are now to previous years, there has been no new info regarding games between the months of october and december for years. We're effectively in a dry spell. However in december, a trailer for the next film should come out, revealing a tentative title, and a bit of the plot. Then in February the true hero of the film will be revealed in CoroCoro, and whoever that is will decide whether the next games are Gen 6 or Hoenn Remakes.
This is the same thing that has happened every year for about 7 years now. Its a shame, but the pattern just doesn't lie.

The problem is that the star of the next movie, Genesect, is already revealed, so they can't revel him in Feburary. I still believe that it will be a gen 6 Pokemon that will co-star in the movie with Genesect. The main argument I hear against this is that gen 5 would only be 3 years, just like gen 1 and gen 2. But, who's to say gen 3 and 4 wouldn't have been three years, just like 1 and 2, without remakes? If gen 5 doesn't get remakes, it can easily last three years.

However... did you know Junichi Masuda will be appearing on Smash in October?

https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/246416797874671617

I'm thinking he'll announce an event. Manaphy, Mew, Jachari, and Deoxys have yet to receive a gen 5 event.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
So I'm thinking if the games are sequels instead of remakes what type of differences would you like to see? What kind of relations to BW2 would you like it to have?
And also my favorite pokemon that I have and battle with all the time is my level 100 milotic . Now I evolved my feebas in my emerald so it'd from gen 3. Now I'm wondering if GF put in something special for people who bring in there pokemon from the original games? What do you guys think? Maybe a nice special glitter when released from the pokeball ? Or maybe an alternative shiny status? I think they should do something special at least for your starter pokemon.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
So I'm thinking if the games are sequels instead of remakes what type of differences would you like to see? What kind of relations to BW2 would you like it to have?
And also my favorite pokemon that I have and battle with all the time is my level 100 milotic . Now I evolved my feebas in my emerald so it'd from gen 3. Now I'm wondering if GF put in something special for people who bring in there pokemon from the original games? What do you guys think? Maybe a nice special glitter when released from the pokeball ? Or maybe an alternative shiny status? I think they should do something special at least for your starter pokemon.
I'd hope that the pokemon would get a special ribbon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Transfering never gives you a special bonus evens one aesthetically pleasing, so I doubt they will for these since there wasn't one coded in the games before. Most likely they won't do anything and the game will still treat them as foreign Pokemon. They'd still say Hoenn, despite you being back in Hoenn, instead of saying where they were caught/traded/obtained/given/hatched.

Years
I guess that could be compared from FRLG to HGSS. Even though transferring from RSE to [whatever their remake names would be] would be one generation longer, it'd still just say Hoenn most likely, but I wonder if it would make a comment on the time difference. I mean they'd be coming from games that are almost 10 years old (they WILL be 10 years old by the time a remake may be announced, IMO), so it's certainly something to think about.

One thing I'm curious about is how the inner timeline will work out, if Ruby/Sapphire are remade. The general consensus is that Ruby and Sapphire took place at the same time as FireRed and LeafGreen. Which would mean that RSE took place 2 years before GSC/HGSS/DPPt. Which, as is generally believed, took place around 5 years (give or take) before Black and White, which took place 2 years before Black 2 and White 2.

This made me curious, as it would mean that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald take place about 7 years before B2W2, and so... It'd make it strange, considering games in the same generation have generally been in the same timeframe thus far.
Although since BW can interact relatively freely with B2W2 despite the 2 year difference, I guess there's not all that much to think about, maybe. :P

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
For everyone saying there is a gap to fill before a new gen....

-It doesnt NEED to be DS in this case either.
They could prepare the "playground" with RS remakes on 3DS if they wanted, and then be able to simply focus on the new generation with the games later without having to figure out a 3DS engine at the same time.
That would actually be the best thing to happen in every way, if they really wanna make RS remakes no matter what (which I wouldnt bet on)

-There is no predictable aspect to main games currently
For all we know they could even do some weird hybrid of remake and sequel in Hoenn while regardless adding new pokemon like some kind of pseudo-generation.
Or, who knows what!

I guess that could be compared from FRLG to HGSS. Even though transferring from RSE to [whatever their remake names would be] would be one generation longer, it'd still just say Hoenn most likely, but I wonder if it would make a comment on the time difference. I mean they'd be coming from games that are almost 10 years old (they WILL be 10 years old by the time a remake may be announced, IMO), so it's certainly something to think about.

One thing I'm curious about is how the inner timeline will work out, if Ruby/Sapphire are remade. The general consensus is that Ruby and Sapphire took place at the same time as FireRed and LeafGreen. Which would mean that RSE took place 2 years before GSC/HGSS/DPPt. Which, as is generally believed, took place around 5 years (give or take) before Black and White, which took place 2 years before Black 2 and White 2.

This made me curious, as it would mean that Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald take place about 7 years before B2W2, and so... It'd make it strange, considering games in the same generation have generally been in the same timeframe thus far.
Although since BW can interact relatively freely with B2W2 despite the 2 year difference, I guess there's not all that much to think about, maybe. :P

It just further makes me confident that there wont be copy&paste remakes, if at all.
With BW2 its a future Unova, but remakes would basically be the exact same game... so you could trade something from your Ruby to DPtHGSS, to BW/2 and then to your new Ruby. lol.
It seems so weird that remakes would be compatible with their originals, when the point of remakes is to bring something outdated back xD

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021

I've been thinking about that to. The way I see it, if you look at HG/SS there is kinda no doubting that GF made them pair up time line wise with Platinum. Also there is no question that GF made BW take place after gen 4. But if you look at FR/LG and R/S these are the list of references gen 3 as to gen 1

Brawly is said to have once trained alongside Bruno, who is a member of Kanto's Elite Four.
The Oceanic Museum in Slateport City has two water samples, one of which is from Kanto. Its background music theme is also an arrangement of the S.S. Anne theme.
On Faraway Island, a series of smudged messages, which may have been left by Mr. Fuji, appear on a signpost.
A boy in Lilycove City says that he and his family came from the Kanto region before he asks if there are any Pokémon found only in the Hoenn region.
In Victory Road, there is a small crater where Moltres used to be.
To Generation II

So I wouldn't be a big leap to have R/S to take place the same time as BW/2
Also if you noticed the plasma grunt in N'S castle mentions team galactic and Rocket and not Aqua And Magma. Now some people say its because team R/G was more noticeable but I disagree. Team A/M actually succeeded in there plan it's just they weren't able to control there pokemon.
Beside I like to think the events of Red and Blue took place before everything

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
After thinking for a while, I've noticed that ever since Gen III, there has been a total of 5 [Cartridge] games. Gen III had Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. Gen IV had Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. Since we have 4 total [Cartridge] games so far, and if they follow what I believe they are doing, we'll have an Emerald remake, but not a remake of Ruby and Sapphire.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
After thinking for a while, I've noticed that ever since Gen III, there has been a total of 5 [Cartridge] games. Gen III had Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. Gen IV had Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. Since we have 4 total [Cartridge] games so far, and if they follow what I believe they are doing, we'll have an Emerald remake, but not a remake of Ruby and Sapphire.

IGN: When developing for such a beloved series as Pokémon, how do you go about shaking things up while still staying true to the traditional core experience that people love so much?
Masuda: Obviously, coming up with new ideas and keeping it fresh every time is a challenge that we're always excited to tackle when we make new games. For Black and White 2, compared to the previous titles, you have the new story, the new towns, the new protagonists. A lot of that mixes it up to feel different from the Black and White games. In terms of a more general perspective, whenever we decide to make a new game... in all the games, you meet the Professor, get the Pokémon, and find out how to catch them in the tall grass. But even those very basic elements, we don't necessarily feel forced to include them.
When we first think about the design, we kind of throw everything out the window, and we think about what we really need to do to make it exciting for players. And then, as we're developing, we'll often go back and put those elements back in. But we don't have a locked-down formula, so to speak, that we follow every time. It just ends up that a lot of the really good elements find their way back into the games.

So they don't follow patterns it's just sometimes it come out that way

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yeah. People always see something happening TWICE and go "omg a pattern". And even if its something that depends on actual planning and all kinds of factors...the least of their worries is sticking to some pattern for the sake of it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2022
I think RSE remakes would be good, I loved to play them, and I think it would be fun to play them again, however I refuse to get a 3DS so it's out of my reach.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I refuse to get a 3DS.

Why do you refuse to buy a 3DS? I keep seeing this, mostly from people who think the 3DS is another "Super DS". The 3DS is a totally new system. It is not an upgraded DS like the DSLite and DSi. It is pretty much like a handheld Wii.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
If they intend to make Pokemon Grey/BW3, the remakes will probably come first, both on 3DS, the
reason I think there's another Unova game is because of the God stone, but they could Make Grey/BW3 in the next generation.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Draft Functionality Availability?

You should really just keep it in notes until it's fully ready as using a spoiler for that makes it so tempting to read, haha(even more so when you say not to read it and when you don't finish it for a long time like last time).

Is there an official draft feature on this forum that I could use for stuff like this? It might come in handy again.

Last edited:
Years
I think RSE remakes would be good, I loved to play them, and I think it would be fun to play them again, however I refuse to get a 3DS so it's out of my reach.

Did you also "refuse" to get a GBC, GBA, and a DS?

If they intend to make Pokemon Grey/BW3, the remakes will probably come first, both on 3DS, the
reason I think there's another Unova game is because of the God stone, but they could Make Grey/BW3 in the next generation.

I'm almost positive there won't be a B/W3. The story is pretty much closed out in B/W2. Perhaps at first they thought they would just make a third game and they put the God Stone in, but later on they decided to make sequels and put it in there. Besides, its not like there's never been leftover items before.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm almost positive there won't be a B/W3. The story is pretty much closed out in B/W2. Perhaps at first they thought they would just make a third game and they put the God Stone in, but later on they decided to make sequels and put it in there. Besides, its not like there's never been leftover items before.

Well BW was finished in itself too.
Apparently they didn't plan BW2 alongside BW, and only later decided to do sequels for a change, because they saw potential.

But yes, of course they left lots of things they could use in any kind of improved version, like they always do. Some of it actually already makes it into the initial games data, most of it probably doesn't, usually just what is required for compatibility.

And as for BW3, Masuda sounded pretty much like they are happy with this set of sequels to compliment BW.

All those recent interviews pretty much decreased the probability of Grey/BW3 from ~5% to 0%.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Did you also "refuse" to get a GBC, GBA, and a DS?

I doubt they suddenly decided to make B2W2 after BW, the sequels have many new places and features more than any previous 3rd version I think it would take more than the time between BW and B2W2 to make B2W2. I think they planned B2W2 when they were making BW, Kyurem's B2W2's Pokedex entry says it awaits for the hero
to patch its incomplete body with truth and ideals.

As I also mentioned before, Grey could be in the next generation in another region located near Unova.

Sirfetch’d

If there is a B&W3 I hope it comes after the remakes or either takes place in another region. Unova will eventually get old.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
theyre deffinately gonna make one. they came out with a remake of FRLG when the RSE came out. (gen 1) then they came out with a remake of HGSS right before BW (gen 2) so you see the pattern? (they make a remake after every new game.) so theyre deffinately going to make one after B2W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back