The PokéCommunity Forums Community Square Feedback & Support
Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1901    
Old October 17th, 2014 (6:56 AM).
Belldandy's Avatar
Belldandy Belldandy is offline
Ice-Type Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
Do you have your profile set to show your full date of birth or just the year only? Make sure you go to your User CP right here, scroll to the bottom, and make sure you have the "Display Age and Full Date of Birth" option selected. :)
That worked! Thank you :) hiding my age, though :P
__________________

Relevant Advertising!

  #1902    
Old October 17th, 2014 (5:07 PM).
Jacrad's Avatar
Jacrad Jacrad is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Posts: 274
    I decided to try out a different forum style, the HeartGold Soul Silver one, and I'm finding that I can't change it back. When I go to the 'Switch Forum Style' button in the Control Panel I just get a blank, white, page.

    Anyone got any tips?
    __________________
    MissingNo avatar created by Bajilla over at DeviantArt.
      #1903    
    Old October 17th, 2014 (5:12 PM).
    Nah's Avatar
    Nah Nah is offline
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 11,936
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacrad View Post
    I decided to try out a different forum style, the HeartGold Soul Silver one, and I'm finding that I can't change it back. When I go to the 'Switch Forum Style' button in the Control Panel I just get a blank, white, page.

    Anyone got any tips?
    At the very bottom of every page there should be a little drop down menu that ha the name of your current forum theme in it. Click it and you can select one of the other themes.
    __________________
    Nah ンン
    “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
      #1904    
    Old October 17th, 2014 (5:14 PM).
    Jacrad's Avatar
    Jacrad Jacrad is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2013
      Posts: 274
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Zekrom View Post
      At the very bottom of every page there should be a little drop down menu that ha the name of your current forum theme in it. Click it and you can select one of the other themes.
      Ah-ha! Perfect, thank you.
      __________________
      MissingNo avatar created by Bajilla over at DeviantArt.
        #1905    
      Old October 28th, 2014 (6:14 PM).
      Scarlet Knight's Avatar
      Scarlet Knight Scarlet Knight is offline
      Respect the Chemistry
         
        Join Date: Oct 2014
        Location: Nueva Jersey
        Age: 23
        Nature: Hasty
        Posts: 25
        Where can I go to ask about avatars (specifically why my custom avatar isn't working)?
          #1906    
        Old October 28th, 2014 (6:23 PM).
        Sheep's Avatar
        Sheep Sheep is online now
        (๑꒪▿꒪)*
         
        Join Date: Oct 2006
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 23,202
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
        Where can I go to ask about avatars (specifically why my custom avatar isn't working)?
        Can you please provide a little bit more info? What happens when you try to upload an avatar?
        __________________

        pair family twin mal llsif bandori battle server!
          #1907    
        Old October 28th, 2014 (6:36 PM).
        Scarlet Knight's Avatar
        Scarlet Knight Scarlet Knight is offline
        Respect the Chemistry
           
          Join Date: Oct 2014
          Location: Nueva Jersey
          Age: 23
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 25
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
          Can you please provide a little bit more info? What happens when you try to upload an avatar?
          It just says "invalid file" and I have no idea why. Alas, my tech shortcomings have failed me again.
          __________________

          ^Got me like: {D:}
            #1908    
          Old October 28th, 2014 (7:12 PM).
          Omicron's Avatar
          Omicron Omicron is offline
          the day was mine
           
          Join Date: Mar 2010
          Location: Alternia
          Posts: 4,384
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
          It just says "invalid file" and I have no idea why. Alas, my tech shortcomings have failed me again.
          What file extension are you using?

          Also, is it a large file? Maybe the size is causing the error. It must be less than 2 mb. :)
          __________________

          and i will love to see that day
          that day is mine
          when she will marry me outside with the willow trees

            #1909    
          Old October 29th, 2014 (5:50 PM).
          LuxrayHacker's Avatar
          LuxrayHacker LuxrayHacker is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2013
            Location: Olympia
            Age: 21
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 184
            I am making a Johto remake where when you go to landmarks such as Union cave it reverts to G/S/C Sprites and Tiles. There is my problem I can't get the exit tile in Union cave to work I've tried giving it the warp tile permission in block editor and nothing if you think you can help let me know and I'll send you the rom to fix or you can just let me know how to fix it in the comments :)
            __________________
              #1910    
            Old October 29th, 2014 (7:49 PM).
            Hiatus's Avatar
            Hiatus Hiatus is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Posts: 12,178
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LuxrayHacker View Post
            I am making a Johto remake where when you go to landmarks such as Union cave it reverts to G/S/C Sprites and Tiles. There is my problem I can't get the exit tile in Union cave to work I've tried giving it the warp tile permission in block editor and nothing if you think you can help let me know and I'll send you the rom to fix or you can just let me know how to fix it in the comments :)
            I don't believe this is the place to ask ROM-hacking questions, so we likely won't be able to get any help, sorry to say. =( For those, I'd recommend you to check this forum out.
            __________________
              #1911    
            Old October 29th, 2014 (9:59 PM).
            Pyro_Star's Avatar
            Pyro_Star Pyro_Star is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2014
              Location: USA
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 11
              Howdy. I dunno if I have permission to do something or not. I have a friend on Facebook who made some Fan Art for something called Jamberry Nail Art. Its of Pikachu and Poke Balls. And I was wondering if I can share her FB page on here for the PokeCommunity to see if anyone would be interested as I know there are females (and maybe even a few males!) that wear finger nail polish and this is sorta like that and stickers put together. I'm not sure how to describe the Nail Wraps other than pretty cool and if there are any Pikachu fans they might just love these to wear! If you would like to know more.. you can message me on here and I can send a link to show it before y'all make a decision. Thanks for your time to read this question/request!
              __________________


              Hey PokeFans! If you love Pikachu and painting your nails, try out these new Pikachu inspired Nail Wraps. Awesome for any fan to wear on their fingers and toes. If you have any questions just ask or look up Jamberry Nail Wraps!

              Custom Nail Art by Julia Hendrix
                #1912    
              Old October 29th, 2014 (11:25 PM).
              Hikamaru's Avatar
              Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
              D E S I R E
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 25
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 49,961
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Pyro_Star View Post
              Howdy. I dunno if I have permission to do something or not. I have a friend on Facebook who made some Fan Art for something called Jamberry Nail Art. Its of Pikachu and Poke Balls. And I was wondering if I can share her FB page on here for the PokeCommunity to see if anyone would be interested as I know there are females (and maybe even a few males!) that wear finger nail polish and this is sorta like that and stickers put together. I'm not sure how to describe the Nail Wraps other than pretty cool and if there are any Pikachu fans they might just love these to wear! If you would like to know more.. you can message me on here and I can send a link to show it before y'all make a decision. Thanks for your time to read this question/request!
              You can link it, but only in your signature. Advertising via threads is greatly frowned down upon by many here, but in your signature it is acceptable as long as it's not blatant advertising.
              __________________
              starlight wind | tumblr | poketrivia | supporter | friendcode
                #1913    
              Old October 29th, 2014 (11:36 PM).
              Pyro_Star's Avatar
              Pyro_Star Pyro_Star is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2014
                Location: USA
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 11
                Thank you for answering, Hikamaru, but I'm not exactly sure how to do signatures yet. I will see how to do that then make a signature for it.
                __________________


                Hey PokeFans! If you love Pikachu and painting your nails, try out these new Pikachu inspired Nail Wraps. Awesome for any fan to wear on their fingers and toes. If you have any questions just ask or look up Jamberry Nail Wraps!

                Custom Nail Art by Julia Hendrix
                  #1914    
                Old October 30th, 2014 (4:12 AM).
                Nah's Avatar
                Nah Nah is offline
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2013
                Age: 25
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 11,936
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pyro_Star View Post
                Thank you for answering, Hikamaru, but I'm not exactly sure how to do signatures yet. I will see how to do that then make a signature for it.
                Click "Controls" and a drop down menu will appear. One of the options listed is "Edit Signature". Click that and you'll be brought to the Signature modification screen. Then you can do sig stuff.
                __________________
                Nah ンン
                “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
                  #1915    
                Old October 30th, 2014 (12:41 PM).
                Pyro_Star's Avatar
                Pyro_Star Pyro_Star is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2014
                  Location: USA
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 11
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Zekrom View Post
                  Click "Controls" and a drop down menu will appear. One of the options listed is "Edit Signature". Click that and you'll be brought to the Signature modification screen. Then you can do sig stuff.

                  Thanks I'll go try it out and see what I can do. I've never done a Signature before lol
                    #1916    
                  Old October 31st, 2014 (6:34 PM).
                  Pinkie-Dawn's Avatar
                  Pinkie-Dawn Pinkie-Dawn is offline
                  Vampire Waifu
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2012
                    Location: California
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 9,501
                    Is there a filesize limitation for gif avatars? I plan to use this as my new avatar. Does it also count as a combination with the 2 megabyte limit for gif sigs?
                    __________________
                      #1917    
                    Old October 31st, 2014 (8:39 PM).
                    Sylphiel's Avatar
                    Sylphiel Sylphiel is online now
                    and we will dance in the neon light
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2004
                    Location: Between your fantasy and my reality
                    Posts: 12,575
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
                    Is there a filesize limitation for gif avatars? I plan to use this as my new avatar. Does it also count as a combination with the 2 megabyte limit for gif sigs?
                    There is one, and the size allowed varies by usergroup - but even at its lowest (which I believe is the 1mb limit allowed for regular members), there's still quite a bit of wiggle room when it comes to what it will allow. Something like the file you linked has no worry of going over that limit.

                    Avatars and sigs both have their own limits set; what you put in your avatar will not count towards any of your signature limits.
                    __________________
                      #1918    
                    Old November 1st, 2014 (8:39 AM).
                    InFluxxYT's Avatar
                    InFluxxYT InFluxxYT is offline
                    Revolutionized Gaming
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2013
                      Location: YouTube
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 655
                      I'm just wondering how to view the list of people who have posted on a thread. Thank you!
                      __________________
                        #1919    
                      Old November 1st, 2014 (9:17 AM).
                      Nihilego's Avatar
                      Nihilego Nihilego is online now
                      [color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2011
                        Location: scotland
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 8,863
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by epicassassin1811 View Post
                        I'm just wondering how to view the list of people who have posted on a thread. Thank you!
                        Spoiler:


                        See the number under "Replies"? It's actually a link. Click it and it'll list everyone who posted and how many times.
                        __________________
                        s͎̭̚ ̪ͭͩy͔͚̰̻̗̩̺ͣ́ͨ̌͡ ̩̳̙̖̖̺͡m̷̱̘͎̝̘̣͒͌͒̚ ͇͖̔̐̔b̝̪͚̞̦ͬ ̢͔̱̟̞̝͙̮͌̅̈̓̿̿i͐̈̃͊ͯ̎҉̟̠͓ ͕̥̣̪̠̃͑͞ỏ̵͕̠̱̬̬̞͛̋ ̨͈̻̱̟̱͓̪n͒̒͂͊̀ ̻̰̰̜̅̃͒̂͞tͭ̍̈́ ͙͇̘͕͍̜̖ͫ̌̊̿ͫ̂̀:̵̾͒̔͂ ̟͉̜̽͒͌͜p͎͇͎̦̺̙͒͆͋́ͅ ̨̠̠̘͚͖̺ͫ͛̎̉a̲͍̫͖͗̄ ͓͖͍̯̤̼͙̿̆̂̂̄r̬̟̮͖̥̼̆̓͑̃̾ͬ̉͟ͅ ̬̼̗͊͛a̛̯̮ ̮̬͍̙̮̤́ͪŝ͊ͬ̒̎̃ ̧̝̮͎͙͆̓ì͈̹̻̱̾͝ ̘͉͕̭̊ͤ̉̓tͩͯ̉̐ͨͬ̚͏̻̺̖̮ ̞̘͂̋̋ͯ͑ͦ͗e̞͔̎̇ͫ͊͗
                          #1920    
                        Old November 2nd, 2014 (5:06 AM).
                        InFluxxYT's Avatar
                        InFluxxYT InFluxxYT is offline
                        Revolutionized Gaming
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2013
                          Location: YouTube
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 655
                          Does anyone know of a place where I can request CSS layouts, or where I can find premade layouts?
                          __________________
                            #1921    
                          Old November 2nd, 2014 (5:34 AM).
                          Astinus's Avatar
                          Astinus Astinus is offline
                             
                            Join Date: May 2006
                            Age: 31
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 10,072
                            We have a thread dedicated to help with CSS located in Computers & Technology. Here's a link to the thread!
                              #1922    
                            Old November 2nd, 2014 (2:59 PM).
                            Trickori's Avatar
                            Trickori Trickori is offline
                            A Gen 5 Hipster
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2014
                              Location: Alexandria VA
                              Gender: Female
                              Nature: Quirky
                              Posts: 48
                              Is there a "new posts" button somewhere -- where you can see all new posts and topics across the community?
                              __________________

                              Gen 1 was my first gen, but Gen 5 brought me back again!
                              Tricksie's Bizarre Adventure |Twitter: @Gen5Hipster |DA: Matsuban | DS: 5215-1254-7440
                                #1923    
                              Old November 2nd, 2014 (3:04 PM).
                              Nah's Avatar
                              Nah Nah is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2013
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Female
                              Posts: 11,936
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Trickori View Post
                              Is there a "new posts" button somewhere -- where you can see all new posts and topics across the community?
                              We do have that. Where it is an how exactly it's displayed depends on the style you're using (in Johto Elite, you click on "New Posts" near the top of the page in the center, while on Fundamental it's "New Content" in the upper left corner).

                              This be the link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php?searchid=6450900
                              __________________
                              Nah ンン
                              “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
                                #1924    
                              Old November 2nd, 2014 (3:22 PM).
                              InFluxxYT's Avatar
                              InFluxxYT InFluxxYT is offline
                              Revolutionized Gaming
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2013
                                Location: YouTube
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 655
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
                                We have a thread dedicated to help with CSS located in Computers & Technology. Here's a link to the thread!
                                Is there a place to request CSS layouts? The thread says no requests. :(
                                __________________
                                  #1925    
                                Old November 2nd, 2014 (3:52 PM).
                                Tsutarja's Avatar
                                Tsutarja Tsutarja is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2010
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 22,889
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by epicassassin1811 View Post
                                Is there a place to request CSS layouts? The thread says no requests. :(
                                I already explained in my post right here where you could go if you want to request any sort of CSS coding. :3
                                __________________
                                Closed Thread

                                Quick Reply

                                Join the conversation!

                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:54 AM.