• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation Four Pokémon teased in Pokémon GO image

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
SINNOH CONFIR-oh wait...

I have a feeling that they're going to do what they did for this gen, and drop the mons in a few at a time. But then again, the moment they tease a new generation to get dropped in will mean that there'll be a while off until they actually add them into the game. Like with Gen II, the mons were first teased around (November?) 2016, but weren't dropped until around February next year. If this pattern holds, the Sinnoh mons probably won't be dropped until around November, which will be good timing if they happen to coincide with Let's Go.

Fruitcakke

Gengar-Certified
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
It's about time lol! I figured it'd almost be time to add a new generation, I feel like they added Johto and Hoenn Pokemon quickly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I personally don't like this. :( If Sinnoh releases in half a year we're half way through Pokemon Go's lifetime. I bloody love this game and want it to carry on forever... just appease us with shinies and hold off on Sinnoh for another year lol

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Or at least raise the Level cap from 40 to something more. Not that I'm at 40 yet but no one seems to really have anything to work towards now.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
I hope they drop Sinnoh slowly... for now I'm sure some people are still excited over trading and completing the current dex. I feel like Sinnoh can wait a bit. That's a lotta gens in only a couple of years. The downside of Go is that people go so hard with it, and catch everything in a week or two and then have nothin to do later. Boo.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I agree that the next generation will be released in intervals. For the Halloween Event, I can see them releasing the Ghost types in the wild along with making Rotom research-only and mythical/legendaries being Raid-only.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I would say that as big as the gen 4 fanbase is, this would be a big update... now that we have lucky pokemon in, will it be time for battling friends? maybe people in the same pokestop as you are?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As a fyi, there's now a highly credible leak saying that GEN 4 will be released before Eevee day (partial release), next week iirc with extra evolution items added and a whole evolution theme. So yay! Gen 4.

...I'd rather shinies.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Since some Pokemon got new evolutions in Gen 4, you should save up your candy for the following Pokemon:
Magneton
Lickitung
Rhydon
Tangela
Electabuzz
Magmar
Eevee
Togetic
Aipom
Yanma
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Gligar
Sneasel
Pilowswine
Porygon-2
Kirlia
Nosepass
Roselia
Dusclops
Snorunt

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I really wouldn?t mind if they removed the following Pokemon from eggs upon gen 4?s release

Barboach, Caterpie, Gulpin, Oddish, Spheal, Taillow, Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Baltoy, Cacnea, Seel, Seedot, Teddiursa and Whismur

Then I hope the following are wild only

Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, Burmy, Finneon, Stunky

I would move these Pokemon from 10 to 5km
Feebas, Skarmory, Slakoth, Trapinch, Mareep

I would move these from 5km to 2km
Corphish, Dunsparce, Phanpy, Pineco, Shroomish, Wingull

These are my picks for 10km
Cranidos, Shieldon, Chingling, Bronzor, Bonsly, Happiny, Munchlax, Gible

It?s safe to say Chimecho, Snorlax, Chansey and Sudowoodo would be removed from eggs

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I really wouldn?t mind if they removed the following Pokemon from eggs upon gen 4?s release

Barboach, Caterpie, Gulpin, Oddish, Spheal, Taillow, Wurmple, Zigzagoon, Baltoy, Cacnea, Seel, Seedot, Teddiursa and Whismur

Then I hope the following are wild only

Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, Burmy, Finneon, Stunky

I would move these Pokemon from 10 to 5km
Feebas, Skarmory, Slakoth, Trapinch, Mareep

I would move these from 5km to 2km
Corphish, Dunsparce, Phanpy, Pineco, Shroomish, Wingull

These are my picks for 10km
Cranidos, Shieldon, Chingling, Bronzor, Bonsly, Happiny, Munchlax, Gible

It?s safe to say Chimecho, Snorlax, Chansey and Sudowoodo would be removed from eggs

They should also remove Roselia, Mr. Mime, and Mantine from eggs as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think they would remove Chansey and Snorlax. They're not what they were before but they're a go-to for most players to keep gyms. Making the barrier even harder to get them doesn't really make sense.

Back