• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew1989

neet
Years
Well they could make a steam Pokemon.

Pardon my stupidity for a moment, but don't we have one of them already? I can't remember it's name or anything... but if they do have one, I'm pretty certain it cannot Swim at all :/

Though the idea itself doesn't look bad. No doubt GF would troll once again and not make it's second type water.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Yeah you would enjoy that wouldn't you, Trolljours! A nice, steamy Pokemon for you to fool around with!

Excuse me sir, what kind of lady do you take me for?!

Pardon my stupidity for a moment, but don't we have one of them already? I can't remember it's name or anything... but if they do have one, I'm pretty certain it cannot Swim at all :/

Though the idea itself doesn't look bad. No doubt GF would troll once again and not make it's second type water.

There's um...Torkoal, and Sunny-version Castform?

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I feel that Fire and Water just seem to clash. :/

Well they could make a steam Pokemon.

Cryogonal does turn into steam when the temperature is high.

How about adding an evolution to it like
  • Cryogonal + Level Up in Desert ----> some amazing Fire/Water steam thing! :D
...Okay, that sounds torturous. ;~;

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Steam would be pretty cool, reminds me of scald a little. Though I don't really know how they'd design that other than something similar to Cryogonal (did I spell that right?)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nono, that sounds completely terrible, it would hurt poor Cryogonal too much. :( Make an ice/rock variant found in Wellspring Cave, tbh.

Andrew1989

neet
Years
@ Toujours - But Torkoal is slow as heck. The only decent thing about that was that it was near enough impossible to beat back in the Ruby days. I can't be the only one who suffered multiple Paralysis due to Body slam spam, and multiple defeats due to Overheat wiping out my entire team :(

@ Forever - and give it a 4x weakness to steel? Are you cruel or just plain sadistic to suggest such a henious suggestion? :p

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@ Forever - and give it a 4x weakness to steel? Are you cruel or just plain sadistic to suggest such a henious suggestion? :p

Pfft, fine, ground/ice, BUT ROCK WOULD LOOK MORE REALISTIC. Actually x4 steel weakness isn't that bad unless there's Scizor's around. :x

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Glalie wouldn't be any better if he were ice/rock lol. He sucks either wayyy.

Pfft, fine, ground/ice, BUT ROCK WOULD LOOK MORE REALISTIC. Actually x4 steel weakness isn't that bad unless there's Scizor's around. :x
Yes or Rachi for that matter, Iron Head etc.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I simply cannot understand what you people are trying to do here. Someone please enlighten me?

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I want to bring up something. Why can't they come up with a Fighting/Flying type or a Ground/Fighting. And the person who made a hack version of B/W (BlazeBlack/Volt White) made Luxio and Luxray Electric/Dark type. Come to think of it, they SHOULD be Electric/Dark, wouldn't anyone agree?

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
>< My bad for steering off-topic like that, I was eager to give my Glalie opinion, lol.

And I do agree that Luxray should totally be Electric/Dark, that would be freaking awesome! ^^

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I want to bring up something. Why can't they come up with a Fighting/Flying type or a Ground/Fighting. And the person who made a hack version of B/W (BlazeBlack/Volt White) made Luxio and Luxray Electric/Dark type. Come to think of it, they SHOULD be Electric/Dark, wouldn't anyone agree?
They had plenty of new type combos this gen, so I don't see much of an issue considering they probably have many more generations to go. I always though Darkrai struck me as a Ghost but it is what it is.

As far as Glalie it's typing is fine as is, if anything I'd make it Ice/Dark(since it has dark colors that contrast it's iciness. And then the shiny version makes it look even more evil with the red eyes.) Or the composition of it may be a little Rock or Ground.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well there's a lot of type combinations that don't exist yet but there's also gonna be more gens so I mean, we might see them later on, or not, it doesn't really matter either way. And I don't think Pokémon should be dark type only because they are dark coloured. Luxray looks dark but his concept isn't really, it's about the concept mostly, not the colours.

Years
Have you seen Luxray Lv X?

Luxray-GL-LV.X-Rising-Rivals-RR-109.jpg

I look at that and it practically screams darkness to me.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
That art looks horrible lol no offense, he doesn't really look dark.

82.jpg

this is what you call dark brotha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back