• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal - 100% Complete!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 4, 2017
This hack is awesome - Like others though, I can't find Seel or Delibird. They don't show up in the Pokedex or in their original locations. Can someone confirm that they are in the game and/or tell me where I can find them?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Heyy just wondering if we are able to evolve Gligar? If so where is the fang item used to do so?

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2016
Dunno if anyone else is still playing this but I attempted to complete the pokedex, I noticed you can't seem to attain Seel/Dewgong, Delibird and Wobbuffet in their regular locations no matter how hard you look. Unless I'm missing a time of day thing but I don't think so as they don't seem to appear in the area location in the pokedex like everything else. I'm open to believe they might be tradable or given away as I might have missed some areas or not talked to some npcs. Other than that, looks like the pokedex might be uncompletable unless I've entirely missed something??

I can at least confirm that every other pokemon apart from those 4 are attainable.
Anyway, really enjoyed the hack either way. This hack makes some really fun changes to Crystal regarding trainer levels and pokemon locations! Just a shame about the pokedex as I am obsessive about these things. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 4, 2017
Dunno if anyone else is still playing this but I attempted to complete the pokedex, I noticed you can't seem to attain Seel/Dewgong, Delibird and Wobbuffet in their regular locations no matter how hard you look. Unless I'm missing a time of day thing but I don't think so as they don't seem to appear in the area location in the pokedex like everything else. I'm open to believe they might be tradable or given away as I might have missed some areas or not talked to some npcs. Other than that, looks like the pokedex might be uncompletable unless I've entirely missed something??

I can at least confirm that every other pokemon apart from those 4 are attainable.
Anyway, really enjoyed the hack either way. This hack makes some really fun changes to Crystal regarding trainer levels and pokemon locations! Just a shame about the pokedex as I am obsessive about these things. :P

Wobbuffet can be bought at the Goldenrod Game Corner but I haven't been able to find it in the wild either - and yeah Delibird and Seel are the only others I've not been able to find.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
Apologies for reviving this if unnecessary. Probably making a stupid mistake but when i click on attatchment link it just brings up a blank page with a gray background?

Loved expert emerald hope i can play this very soon so please help?

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2018
PokeCommunity was hacked and many files were lost including this one maybe someone with a copy of it could send it to a mod so they could fix it.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 19, 2021
PokeCommunity was hacked and many files were lost including this one maybe someone with a copy of it could send it to a mod so they could fix it.

The links in the OP work fine for me, but I attached the patch anyway. The patched rom won't attach for some reason

I'm finally getting the experience of being ass reamed by whitney that I never had as a kid.

edit:

If anyone is still watching this; am I just severely unlucky, or do the kanto starters not show up until the national dex? Also, with the change to trade evolves, were certain new STAB level ups like metal claw for scizor at 30 moved accordingly?

Attachments

• Pokemon Complex Crystal Beta 1.33.ips
    8.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
I ran into a bug where leftovers was treated as a one time use heal, like a berry. I'm no expert ROM hacker, but I was able to use an item editing tool I found (by user Mateo on another site) to fix back to a regen item it by comparing the item data in this hack to the original ROM.

Maybe others will find it useful.

Attachments

• Pokemon Complex Crystal Beta 1.33 (Fixed Leftovers).zip
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 104
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2018
Does anyone know if the creator of this rom is still active? I really want to download his roms but they all disappeared after the site was hacked.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 25, 2016
You can walk on water while getting the tour in Cherrygrove by the old man. Pretty entertaining

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
Years
I did not want to say that but, this hack just made me lose my lifetime.
There is nothing new, it's more a self hack with PGE for gen III , where you can edit the pokemon evolutions and get Alakazam and Gengar.

I could not identify anything that could make this "hack" enjoyable.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
Before I address the problems and requests others seem to be having, I'll start off by saying that this hack is awesome in my opinion. It works with the Universal Pokémon Randomizer 100% and that's how I've been playing it. I initially played through twice, changing the starting Pokémon to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. That was awesome. The randomization turned out to be perfect and the whole game fit together very nicely. I'm now doing a randomizer with Celebi, Houndoom, and Poliwrath as the starters and that's coming along well, too. (That will eventually be changed to Exeggcute, Houndour, and Poliwag since those fit together even better)

Now, to get to some of the problems posted before since the developer seems to have disappeared from the thread...

Basement Key dilemma: I ran into this, too. The Basement Key does not appear in your Key Items. It does appear in your regular items pocket. If I recall correctly, you have to have space available in your regular items pocket to receive it. If you don't have the space available, the director will not attempt to give you the Basement Key again. If you find yourself stuck at this point in the game, you can use this Gameshark code to buy the Basement Key from the PokéMart for free (although the price listed will be $300, you pay nothing): 0185F1D0

Where is this Pokémon? How do I evolve this Pokémon?: I guess maybe I downloaded Complex Crystal from a different website because my file came with a very detailed breakdown of all the changes to the game. Don't worry -- I have the files and you can find everything you're looking for by viewing the file attachment New Locations, Legendaries, & General Changes. This includes anything from stat editing to new/legendary locations. Scroll to the bottom to find out the evolution changes. You can find all of the evolution stones at Olivine City Mart!

Changes to in-game trainers: Included with the compressed file I downloaded was also a detailed account of the changes made to the most important trainers in the game. You can find all those changes in great detail by downloading the attached file Gym Leaders & Elite Four Members.

Hope I've been able to help anyone who was having problems with this great romhack! If you'd like those randomizer files I talked about in my first paragraph, send me a PM! Enjoy!
The attachments aren't workign for me. Anyone got a working download for them?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
For some reason all my pokemon in my PC got deleted and the Vulpix I just caught isn't in my PC. Only pokemon in there is the Togepi I just hatched. Anyone else got this problem?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
what is mareep's encounter rate on route 32. been there for a while now and i only found 1 of which i destroyed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 8, 2017
Can you upload a patched rom? I dont have a patcher im using my phone only bro.

Back