ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old August 26th, 2016 (3:19 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sgt. Heracross View Post
    Great game, love seeing completed hacks and I also loved Fuligin, so it works out. But I have absolutely no idea where I'm going in this game. Maybe it's just the fact that it's a new region and everything, but I'm confused. So far I've got 5 badges, I'm at the Muerton City gym, and I -think- I've got a decent grasp of the story. Will there be a walkthrough of some kind, or can someone possibly make one?
    You just go through the mansion in Muerton City. The first gate should be open now.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Azelf Ibrahim View Post
    Thanks, caught them.

Can't believe I didn't see the one in the pyramid, I was too distracted by the sarcophagus I guess haha...
    It is a pretty sweet sarcophagus :P

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheSilverone View Post
    Where do I go to get my 4th badge? Havin trouble finding rock smash

Edit: I've been to my dads building, after speaking with prof. Wood. I'm lost now
    Rock smash is at the end of Gritt Cave. Did you go into the restricted area in dads building?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    So I'm watching someone else playing this and have noticed something odd. After a Gym battle at Lv.8, you introduce a rival whose highest Pokémon is...Lv.4. Why not bump him up to Lv.9 or such, or is there a story to why he's weaker?

Also, the line about pants being itchy and uncomfortable - I laughed, best line so far.

I also think I'll play this and try piecing the maps together. I have a feeling that the Routes 1-4 circle is not going to be connected correctly. The most important thing, IMO, when creating a world is to make sure everything connects so that people can post region maps if they want to, and when I played Light Platinum, that was the biggest flaw as I had a huge unconnected segment where they should have connected. So I'm curious about this one as the game initially looks good.
    The rival is supposed to be a joke.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jakehus8 View Post
    Anyone know where I go after beating the gym in Whiterock Town?
    Straight on through the Oren Mines.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Theycallmejesus View Post
    Finished this last night, it was a lot of fun and had an I can't believe how I didn't see half of the things coming in the story. It should have been obvious based on
    Spoiler:
    The name of the game and your picture XD
    And the Soloh Region :P

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negaman View Post
    Hello, there. Fun hack.

I've a problem, though. I just beat the 11th gym and when I went to route 36 I got a text box on events that didn't happen for me yet. This occured a second time when I made it through Victory road. I am now in SilverStar City, so it sounds like I really missed something.
    Do you have the latest patch?
    Old August 26th, 2016 (3:23 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
      OK, looking at the game so far around the first "circle", it looks nicely designed and looks like it will be fun to play. However, I'm a critical appraiser type, and I have noticed a few things. I'll cover bugs one at a time.

First, in the room. You go to look at the map of the new region you're going to explore. And right there, in the upper-right, you are told that you are in Hoenn. Unrelated, part of the northeast corner is hidden under this incorrect map title; I'm centered on Wellwood City which, along with Route 31, is buried. (Also unrelated, between Routes 32 and 33, the circles are not marked as any area.)

Second might be able to not be considered a bug, but I thought I'd point it out. It's another reference to Hoenn. Maybe your Mom is watching a show being broadcast from Hoenn, I dunno.

Next is something your bugtesters should have picked up. You better check all of your signs in the game. I found this going straight south of Easton Town onto Route 104 with no Pokémon. It's clear that you used the Route 103 map to create Route 4 in your hack.

Now, since I was mapmaking and at this point went into map mode, I didn't check anything else in detail yet. However, there are two massive map bugs. Both are easy to fix, I will offer solutions.

Map bug #1 is the connection between Route 104 and Seashire City to its south. In an area you cannot trek, there is water that is seen going out of view along the northern side of the city. You can't get to it from the eastern area of the exit to Route 104, either, or from Route 104 proper. On Route 104 itself, you get to where the water would come up and you see ocean trailing off into the distance. There is something you forgot about. People can turn on cheats to walk through walls (BTW, for shiggles, use it to get to a Route without being stopped and let yourself get mauled by a Pidgey). By using walk through walls, I captured what the northeast corner looks like and I found this (the white area I will explain below):

That water cutoff is pretty noticeable. So here's what I propose for a solution: actually extend the water out of Seashire City to meet with Route 4's liquid and make it so that players cannot traverse to the ocean beyond at all. There would be a connection to the ocean and you would need to extend the map by about 6 columns so that players do not see the tree border that is normally in the area you would now be able to see by surfing. This fits perfectly with the right border of Seashire City; if you need to extend by two more eventually, also extend Seashire by two tiles and fill it with water. Rocks can be added on Route 104 to divert players returning here to the south into the normally unreachable part of the city. Stick an item up there on a new patch of shore to reward someone for going there. Problem solved.

Next map problem: I made a circle of the entire opening area wrapping back around to Easton City, and found that the maps do not properly fit. I left off without adding Route 4, which doesn't fit for two reasons. I'll explain below the spoiler, which is used due to image height.

Spoiler:

First, the space between the Easton southern exit and the Seashire northern exit, vertically, is about six trees; on Route 4, you only wind up three trees over. Again, this can be fixed by extending the map to the left; there is eight trees of unfilled space on the full map. Something of note here is that the Route 104 west side MUST match perfectly the Easton southern exit, so you will be forced to significantly extend Route 104 to the east to also fix this western problem, thereby expanding Seashire City as noted above to match the eventual width of the Route (this is optional, but looks nicer and means less filling in later). Second reason is the amount of horizontal space that needs to be added; the length of the route is about 39 trees from south to north, and you only have room on the map I'm showing for 12 trees horizontally. As a possible solution, you can use the early cave - perhaps making it longer or moving the eventual indoor exit further to the south - to gain some space back, and thereby extend Route 2 by a significant portion; you could easily move the Route another ten or fifteen trees south, giving you a possible 27 trees to work with. Besides, this cave SHOULD be bigger; after all, it's your first chance to get the 'Mons inside! At this point, after expanding Route 2, you just have to trim 12 rows off of Route 4 while making the other suggested improvements to it, possibly sticking the fisherman further south of his current location on a dock connected to the other horizontal bridge and removing that section entirely, for starters. Back to Route 2, you can keep the initial exit and have it go to the newly created Route 2 area, sticking perhaps another Trainer and an item in the area.

Other than that, thee game looks like a very well-designed game, but I am sure there are other map inconsistencies and bugs that need to be squished, so I will keep hunting. I'm hoping you're willing to make the improvements necessary to finalize a seamless map to go with what looks like a very good hack to play! :D I'll check the circle with Routes 5-8 next after I play through this area.
      Ok
      Old August 26th, 2016 (3:47 PM).

I made a patch that should fix the death star loop, still unsure about Route 36 script running early as it always works fine for me. (But the patch I made earlier may have fixed that)
        Old August 26th, 2016 (6:22 PM).

Ok im loving the game so far! Just got my 5th badge. I'm working on an all purple team and I was wondering if Staryu was in the game an where I could find one? Thanks
          Old August 26th, 2016 (6:35 PM).

Quote:
            Ok im loving the game so far! Just got my 5th badge. I'm working on an all purple team and I was wondering if Staryu was in the game an where I could find one? Thanks
            Use the Good Rod in Avington City, which just so happens to be where you receive a Good Rod.
            Old August 26th, 2016 (8:14 PM).
            Eye of the Storm

Quote:
              I might make a guide that shows where everything can be caught, but I'll have to see if I can get my ROM utility installed so I can look at that info directly when making the guide. But it looks like you got your answer, using the Good Rod. :)

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
              Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old August 26th, 2016 (9:38 PM). Edited August 26th, 2016 by Negaman.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Sloo View Post
                I made a patch that should fix the death star loop, still unsure about Route 36 script running early as it always works fine for me. (But the patch I made earlier may have fixed that)
                Downloaded the patch. Used another save and it seems not to have the problem anymore.

Also, when does that event in question take place? (I ask assuming someone has told you about this before and that you know what i'm refering to) Before or after the pokemon league?
                Old August 26th, 2016 (10:46 PM).

How to get Gliscor this game?
                  Old August 26th, 2016 (11:39 PM).

How to pass the frozen lake after polarice city? Thanks
                    Old August 27th, 2016 (12:48 AM).
                    Shtposting is my life.

Nature: Brave
                      I can't continue I think. I checked out all the towns talked to them and still the guy doesn't move, this happened after I knew dad is evil like they are making the Giratina Portal Shenanigan.
                      Old August 27th, 2016 (4:25 AM). Edited August 27th, 2016 by Quitus.

I can't seem to find surf. :O Any chance u could help me with that? Thanks!

Or get to the Bronze cave, dunno what part comes first. Lol!
                        Old August 27th, 2016 (5:00 AM).

Quote:
                          Downloaded the patch. Used another save and it seems not to have the problem anymore.

Also, when does that event in question take place? (I ask assuming someone has told you about this before and that you know what i'm refering to) Before or after the pokemon league?
                          The event is supposed to happen when you return from the Death Star on Route 36. For some people it runs the first time you enter Route 36 after receiving the 11th badge. And then sometimes after leaving victory road.
                          I have another plan for that one in case the current patch doesn't fix it.

Quote:
                          How to get Gliscor this game?
                          Aside from Giratina, there are only Pokémon up to gen III.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Omega View Post
                          I can't continue I think. I checked out all the towns talked to them and still the guy doesn't move, this happened after I knew dad is evil like they are making the Giratina Portal Shenanigan.
                          The guy on the mud slope? He moves after you get the 4th badge in Luwick Town. You need rock smash to get to Luwick Town, which you find at the end of Gritt Cave.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Quitus View Post
                          I can't seem to find surf. :O Any chance u could help me with that? Thanks!

Or get to the Bronze cave, dunno what part comes first. Lol!
                          Prof Wood will give you surf in Frosberg Town. Bronze Cave is to the right of Luwick Town, to get there you have to use the ARCO Bike and jump across the little gap on the narrow bridge. You can do that by pressing the "b" button and the direction you want to jump.
                          Old August 27th, 2016 (5:07 AM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by dangasim View Post
                            How to pass the frozen lake after polarice city? Thanks
                            Here's a map, along with how to get the item.

Old August 27th, 2016 (6:19 AM).

I cannot find Charlizard and Larvitar...

also there are many uncatchable PKM
                              Old August 27th, 2016 (6:32 AM).
                              Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Alexanfung View Post

Can you explain what you mean by "uncatchable"?

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
                                Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old August 27th, 2016 (7:40 AM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Alexanfung View Post

Charmander is in Heated Cave, Larvitar is in Gritt Cave (in the dark section with the mudslopes).
                                  Old August 27th, 2016 (8:21 AM).
                                  ONEUSEONLYACCOUNT ONEUSEONLYACCOUNT is offline

Where do I find dratini and bagon?
                                    Old August 27th, 2016 (8:44 AM).

There is a guy on route 31 who is blocking my way and Wellwood city is full of stormtroopers. What i need to do?
                                      Old August 27th, 2016 (9:01 AM).
                                      ONEUSEONLYACCOUNT ONEUSEONLYACCOUNT is offline

Where can I buy timer balls?
                                        Old August 27th, 2016 (9:18 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by ONEUSEONLYACCOUNT View Post
                                          Where do I find dratini and bagon?
                                          You can catch Dratini in the Safari Zone with a Good Rod.
                                          Bagon is in Victory Road.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by solidsmeagol View Post
                                          There is a guy on route 31 who is blocking my way and Wellwood city is full of stormtroopers. What i need to do?
                                          It's always good to go around and talk to people. The Pokéball Research building's director is hiding in the Pokémart. Talk to him and he will give you access to the building.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by ONEUSEONLYACCOUNT View Post
                                          Where can I buy timer balls?
                                          The Pokéball Research building.
                                          Old August 27th, 2016 (11:33 AM). Edited August 27th, 2016 by Pirrie.

Just used the ancient key i was wondering if someone knows where to use the other key for found in the spooky mansion i remember seeing a key hole somewhere just dont knoww where

- Pirrie
                                            Old August 27th, 2016 (6:19 PM).

Found a new glitch.
                                              I searched the garbage can in Luwick Town and found leftovers, but my bag was full. When I made space and tried again, it was gone.
                                              Old August 27th, 2016 (6:42 PM).
                                              Master Terrador Master Terrador is offline
                                              Mostly Dead

Nature: Quiet
                                              Just beat the game, P.E.A.R v2 completely breaks the game as soon as you get it, slap Calm mind and Bolt beam + recover and you're set lol, I nearly solo'd the entire e4 with it.

Pretty good work though, its too bad you were too far into ruby to switch for the emerald version so you could add more features like the PSS and some other stuff
                                              Old August 27th, 2016 (7:51 PM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Pirrie View Post
                                                Just used the ancient key i was wondering if someone knows where to use the other key for found in the spooky mansion i remember seeing a key hole somewhere just dont knoww where

- Pirrie
                                                You find 2 keys in Laroche Mansion, the basement key opens the basement door (the die door), and the gate key opens the second gate in front of the mansion.

Quote:
                                                Found a new glitch.
                                                I searched the garbage can in Luwick Town and found leftovers, but my bag was full. When I made space and tried again, it was gone.
                                                Yeah, looks like I didn't put a check to see if the player has too many items on the trash cans. I may go back and fix that when I have some more time.

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Master Terrador View Post
                                                Just beat the game, P.E.A.R v2 completely breaks the game as soon as you get it, slap Calm mind and Bolt beam + recover and you're set lol, I nearly solo'd the entire e4 with it.

Pretty good work though, its too bad you were too far into ruby to switch for the emerald version so you could add more features like the PSS and some other stuff
                                                Its base stat total is 530 which is about the same as a starter, but its base special attack is 145.
                                                I thought the hacked fire red engine would be interesting to use.
                                                Old August 27th, 2016 (8:30 PM).
                                                Azelf Ibrahim Azelf Ibrahim is offline
                                                Good thing I'm here! No? Anyone?

Nature: Lonely
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Sloo View Post
                                                  Here's a map, along with how to get the item.

Ah, thats the item I was talking about before.
                                                  So thats how you get it! I feel so stupid for not figuring that out... xP

Quick Reply