• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I was signed up to the previous incarnation of this challenge and never finished it. Is it ok if I go with the team I got then or do I need to sign up again and get another team?

[Edit] I feel like an idiot. I just reread the initial post.

A) USERNAME: Leòmhann
B) WHICH GAME: Platinum
C) GENDER: Male

This is the team I was given along with my trainer missions.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Apiesdeathbylasers

A pies gotta do....
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Ooo, this sounds like fun, let's do it.

1) Apiesdeathbylasers
2) Gold
3) Male

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

I decided to do two of these at once. I'll work on my Platinum run while I wait for my team for this run.

A) USERNAME: Leòmhann teine
B) WHICH GAME: Black

Spoiler:

Note: I can't hack in trade evos and I can't trade at the moment.

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
A) USERNAME: Dontstay96

Spoiler:

Years
Hey I haven't had a chance to start this challenge from my previous sign-up due to exams and all but I can finally start it up. I lost my copy of Heartgold though so I'm starting a new sign-up.

A) USERNAME: cc_aussie
B) WHICH GAME: Diamond (Can obtain any Pokemon from Pearl, Platinum and Soulsilver as well)

Spoiler:

Okay, here you go:

Spoiler:

Ooo, this sounds like fun, let's do it.

1) Apiesdeathbylasers
2) Gold
3) Male

Spoiler:

Here you go:

Spoiler:

I'm working on teams for Leòmhann teine and dontstay96 now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Leòmhann teine's Sinnoh Adventure

Badges 1/8

We begin the journey by picking Turtwig as the starter and beating my rival Roudy. After a ton of dialogue and running back and forth I received my five pokéballs from Dawn and caught a Shinx. I named it Lighting after an aspect of internal architecture called Lighting Design. Sadly it was a male with the Rivalry ability instead of the more preferable Intimidate. I didn't let that stop me however and after a quick stop at the Pokécenter to heal Lighting and deposit Turtwig I was on my way grinding Lighting to level 8 before Jubilife City. After talking to a strange fellow code named Looker with Dawn, I proceeded to get a free pokétch. It should by quite useful down the road. On my way out of Jubilife, Roudy challenged me to a battle. He seemed quite sure off himself, but he lost anyways even after spamming growl four times. Rivalry isn't the worst ability to have I guess. Knowing that the next city had a Rock type gym I proceeded to grind Lighting up to level 16 when he evolved into a Luxio and made it through the horrible cave (I HATE CAVES). After a quick stop at the Pokécenter for a heal and spending $6300 of my $15000 budget at the Pokémart on potions I went and battled my way to the gym leader. Unprepared for exactly what I was facing (why is there always a freaking Onix?) I lost twice in a row using up most of my potions in the process. Irritated with my failure to win I went to whip Lighting into shape and trained him to level 19 when he learned bite. This time I wasn't going to accept a loss and crushed the gym leader's team winning myself a badge.

Team
Spoiler:

Years

I decided to do two of these at once. I'll work on my Platinum run while I wait for my team for this run.

A) USERNAME: Leòmhann teine
B) WHICH GAME: Black

Spoiler:

Note: I can't hack in trade evos and I can't trade at the moment.

Here you go:

Spoiler:

A) USERNAME: Dontstay96

Spoiler:

Here you go:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Here you go:

Spoiler:

Can I get a reroll on Maractus? It's only obtainable later in the game so I wouldn't be able to stay fully true to the rule that comes with it and I would like to stay true to it. Other then that, thank you! This should be a lot of fun.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
I have decided to restart my challenge, since I sort of started and abandoned since I lost my White 2 cartridge
A) USERNAME: SilverLeafeon75
B) WHICH GAME: White 2(Emulated, so I do not have to worry about losing my cartrage again)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Badges 2/8

We continue where we left off by going to the Pokécenter for a quick heal and then catch a Geodude in the cave as a Rock Smash slave. With my new slave I continued on to Floaroma town and spent $9300 of my $15000 Floaroma budget on Super Potions after losing to Mars and her Purugly (crits are evil!). After destroying her I continued through the forest. By this point Lighting is overleved beyond any pokémon in the area. After I made it through the forest I got the Cut HM from Cynthia (I WILL DESTROY YOU LATER!). Not wasting a beat I went to the gym and destroyed all the gym trainers (grass is so much easier to deal with than rock) and then Swagger spammed Gardenia to death for my second badge! *I'm so excited sound track starts playing* Next up I will need to clear out the rat's nest that is Team Galactic's building. It doesn't even try to match the landscape! Galactic will pay for this tragedy!!!!!

Team
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 15, 2019
Username: Ilpov Kifny
Game: X

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Username: Ilpov Kifny
Game: X

Spoiler:

This is my first time doing this but here you go.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 15, 2019
This is my first time doing this but here you go.

Spoiler:

This actually sounds pretty interesting. Gonna start this now.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018

Badges 2/8

Sadly Lighting the Luxio couldn't learn Cut so I had to teach it to Turtwig so I could break into the Team Galactic building. Once inside, after I had a talk with the weird Looker guy, I proceeded to teach Team Galactic a lesson for building such a horrible building and stealing things! I fought every Team Galactic grunt I could find and beat every single one, because of this, Lighting evolved into a Luxray! The perfect partner to help me teach Team Galactic Admin Jupiter a lesson! Her first pokémon was a Zubat and went down instantly after Lighting used Spark. Luxray is definitely a pokémon that demands respect. Her second pokémon was the spitting image of it's master, a Skunktank. It went down without a hitch however and we were on our way to the bike shop. Cynthia stopped us just outside the shop however and gave me a random egg. I don't think I'll have the time to raise a newborn pokémon however so I'll leave it with Turtwig and Geodude in the PC. Anyways, after Cynthia gave me the egg I went into the bike shop to talk to the owner about a bike. It turns out one of the stolen pokémon I saved was his Clefairy and to thank me he gave me one of the latest bike models for free! After thanking him for this gift I headed down the cycling road. The design was ingenious and beautiful. The forest below was left undisturbed by making the road a bridge that followed the natural incline of the mountain. Once across I met up with Dawn outside a cave on route 207. She gave me a device called a vs. recorder and an app for my pokétch. After thanking her for the gifts we parted ways and I entered the cave. It wasn't all that interesting. After leaving the cave I headed for Hearthome City and my third gym battle.

Team
Spoiler:

(P.S. I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to double post. I'll delete this and add it to my previous post if it is just tell me.)​

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
After beating watson i headed to Verdanturf and got my first hm slave since grimer can't learn Rock Smash a zigzagoon after i helped wally's cousin i went through the stuff with professor cosmo and then went and beat Archie and team aqua at the volcano easily beat Flanery and i have now beat Norman and Winnona and CAUGHT MY SECOND MEMBER YAY
Team
Muk LvL48 Dig, Rock Tomb, Sludge Wave, Memento
Shuppet lvl 28 Hex, Will O Wisp, Curse, Feint Attack

Last edited:
Years
Can I get a reroll on Maractus? It's only obtainable later in the game so I wouldn't be able to stay fully true to the rule that comes with it and I would like to stay true to it. Other then that, thank you! This should be a lot of fun.

Well, this was hard to replace, but I think Simisage should work in its place.

Things...

Hi, I'll make your team on Friday, if noone else will before that...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 15, 2019
Badges 1/8

I started off my journey by catching a Pidgey I named Perry on route 2. We beat the first trainer with not that much ease.(a level 3 Pidgey isn't very strong) We then entered Santalune Forest. I made an effort not to pick up any potions as I won't use them in the forest anyways. I also went out of my way to fight every trainer since I can't grind on wild pokemon.(I've run from every wild pokemon except the Pidgey I caught) Upon exiting the forest onto route 3 I battled the first two trainers before going to the Pokecenter to sell items, heal Perry and deposit Chespin into the pc.(I avoided using Chespin as I couldn't deposit him until this point) Then went and fought the skater outside the first gym. I then went back to route 3 to fight the last two trainers. Then made my way to route 22 and fight all the trainers there. Now with Perry at level 12 I went back to take on the first gym. I made sure to fight the three gym trainers before taking on Viola. After obtaining the Bug Badge I went back to the Pokecenter and sold my leftover potions and healed Perry. I then went off to route 4 and caught Faeya my Flabebe before taking a break to write this.

The Pokecratic Oath challenge(No grinding on wild pokemon) only hurt me a little in the beginning with a very weak Perry
Not being able to go to the pokecenter if I have healing items won't be that big of a deal later in the game but combined with only being able to use synthetic healing items in towns and cities makes for a lot of backtracking.

Ultimately though I'd say this run will be rather fun.

dontstay96

Grass-man
Years
Here you go:

Here you go:

Spoiler:

Great! Gonna star probably next week when I'm out of exams!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Well, this was hard to replace, but I think Simisage should work in its place.

That will work perfectly, thanks! I'll just pick Tepig as my starter and take the free Pansage. EXP boost and it won't take a while to catch it.

Back