• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Maison doubles; Grassy Terrain

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the in-game team sub, but because of the level of teambuilding for the Battle Maison is a bit more advanced, I decided to post it here. I did consider running a team like this in rated Battle Spot, though, but I know I can't handle common threats like Talonflame, so I won't even bother.

This is what I have so far:

Gogoat @ Shell Bell
Ability: Grass Pelt
Careful Nature
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
* Bulk Up
* Milk Drink
* Rock Slide
* Horn Leech

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Calm Nature
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk
* Wish
* Grassy Terrain
* Moonblast
* Psychic

The core of the team. Florges sets up the Grassy Terrain while Gogoat does Bulk Up. Under Grassy Terrain Gogoat's defense is boosted by 50% because of his Grass Pelt ability, and the power of his Horn Leech is also boosted by 50%. This gives Gogoat a lot of bulk.
Florges' Flower Veil protects Gogoat's stats from being lowered, but also protects him against status conditions like toxic (which I didn't know).

Florges and Gogoat work really well together, but I can't get the other 2 team mates right. I don't want to depend on Grassy Terrain, so running 2 other Grass types isn't an option. I thought running 1 other Grass Pokémon and something that provides good coverage would work, so I tried running Chesnaught and Mega Blastoise, but those didn't work to well. I currently use my Greninja and Mega Kangaskhan, but those are built for single battles, so they aren't perfect either.

What I'm looking for is something bulky that can help me beat fire/ice/steel/flying Pokémon, because those types give my Gogoat and Florges trouble. Preferably something that doesn't hurt my own team mates.

Billeh

Local Pokemon Genius
Years
Maybe try a Rhyperior. They're strong, bulky, and can learn rock slide. I just find they're really well-built, and there's only one move of theirs I can think of that will hurt your pokemon, Earthquake. But if it comes down to it, just teach it moves like Giga Impact and Hyper Beam.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I think that Excadrill would work well for your team. It can handle those types fairly well, and since it gets Drill Run via level up, it doesn't have to use Earthquake.

-Excadrill w/Assault Vest or Air Balloon
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: Drill Run, Rock Slide, Swords Dance/X-Scissor, Shadow Claw

Do not use Swords Dance if using Assault Vest.

Last edited:
Years
What I'm looking for is something bulky that can help me beat fire/ice/steel/flying Pokémon,

some moves really shine in doubles battles.

you need someone with Heatwave,
it checks the ice & steel types
also
someone with RockSlide,
it checks the fire & flying types (and conveniently ice types also)

Salamence doesnt seem too popular right now, but i know for a fact it can run both moves, back on platinum i had a mence designed purely for doubles,
Hasty nature W/lum berry
max speed & physical
Outrage
RockSlide
Earthquake
Heatwave

the game has changed a lot, with faries, and i dont know if this set would still be viable.
but id wager yes. just swap outrage out.

I also feel obliged to say, please dont teach hyper beam to rhyperior, and please dont put an assault vest on a pokemon with swords dance.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
some moves really shine in doubles battles.

you need someone with Heatwave,
it checks the ice & steel types
also
someone with RockSlide,
it checks the fire & flying types (and conveniently ice types also)

Salamence doesnt seem too popular right now, but i know for a fact it can run both moves, back on platinum i had a mence designed purely for doubles,
Hasty nature W/lum berry
max speed & physical
Outrage
RockSlide
Earthquake
Heatwave

the game has changed a lot, with faries, and i dont know if this set would still be viable.
but id wager yes. just swap outrage out.

I also feel obliged to say, please dont teach hyper beam to rhyperior, and please dont put an assault vest on a pokemon with swords dance.

That's a cool Salamence set. Outrage's replacement can be Dragon Claw.

...And I can't believe I put Swords Dance and Assault Vest on the same set. XD Fixing that.

Back