The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Fan Fiction and Writing Writer's Lounge
The Plot Bunny Thread

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

View Poll Results: Is Fire Emblem: Conjoinst Souls something that you'd be interested in reading?
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:41 AM).
LananishWawi

Nature: Naughty
    Pokémon Origins 2

Alola guys! I'm a new writer in here and my first fanfiction is going to be the sequel of the famous series: Pokémon Origins. My chapters would be relatively small, So small for some. But please understand my situation as I'm struck in my android and couldn't get a mobile. My android has a too low character limit. So when I post, I may split the chapter into Part - I and II, posting it in the same time sometimes. Now, Read the summary and review my idea!

[|Summary|]

Following the adventures of the legendary trainer Red, Gold, A young 10-year old boy sets off in his own journey after receiving his first Pokémon from Professor Elm. He is flooded with errands, rivalries and challenges. Along with the uprising of the defeated evil organization, Will he be able to succeed in his journey to the Pokémon League? Or will he face the fate like many youngsters out there?

"I'm single because god is busy writing the best love story for ME!"

Pokémon Ultra Stars[Fanfiction]: www.facebook.com/myfanfic.aiden

Relevant Advertising!

Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:27 PM).
    Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wawi2018 View Post

[|Summary|]

Following the adventures of the legendary trainer Red, Gold, A young 10-year old boy sets off in his own journey after receiving his first Pokémon from Professor Elm. He is flooded with errands, rivalries and challenges. Along with the uprising of the defeated evil organization, Will he be able to succeed in his journey to the Pokémon League? Or will he face the fate like many youngsters out there?
    All right, to be honest this summary is pretty much Gold/Silver/Crystal/HG/SS storyline in its most basic form. As I mentioned in the other thread, while a retelling of the games isn't a bad thing there are readers that will expect you to come up with some twists. I can understand if you're still in the planning stages or don't want to say anything else about the plot yet, but something to think about.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
    Foul PlayTrainer Tournament
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:51 PM).

Nature: Quiet
      Okay, so I'm gonna delve into a difficult and uncomfortable topic to talk about, so I'll have everything in spoilers for those who don't want to read it. Honestly not sure where else to put it. Whoever wants to help me out with this topic, just hit me up with a PM and I'll oblige the best I can.

Spoiler:
      Okay, so before I get into it, some backstory: right now I have this character named Pecha. In my Explorers of Destruction fic, I plan on evolving her into a Cute Charm Lopunny later on. Before I wrote the original Explorers of Destruction, I planned on using her to play around with and explore how Attract and Cute Charm work in a more real world sense. They both more or less still work the same as in the games: they can only be used to infatuate pokemon of the opposite sex, with same-gendered and genderless Pokemon having a 100% fail rate, and Cute Charm still requires physical contact to trigger. But what makes them behave a little more different in my fic is: Attract allows you to control how attracted the receiving pokemon is to you; and Cute Charm's infatuation is proportional to the severity of the physical contact received.

With all this said, this is why I wanted to spoiler my comment: at one point in the story, I planned on having Pecha raped due to her Cute Charm activating. I wanted to do this for a few reasons: A) given the fact that I wanted to apply these moves in a more real-world sense, I felt this would be an understandable, yet very extreme outcome; B) it's something I wanted to slowly build up and foreshadow across the span of at least a few stories, so by the time it happens, it was expected beforehand, and hopefully won't feel like a sudden event done for simple shock value; and C) I felt it gives a real weight of consequence if used improperly or haphazardously (or in Cute Charm's case, since it still triggers outside the user's control: if someone is aware you have it, and plans to deliberately trigger it).

With all that said, there's the chance that it all could blow up in my face, which is why I'm also considering not writing it. Rape is one of those topics where, no matter how negatively and realistically devastating I portray it, no matter how respectful I am towards the victim or sympathetic I write them, if I make one little mistake, one little slip in information or syntax, I will be IMMEDIATELY flagged as a rape victimizer or rapist sympathizer or something along those lines. Keep in mind, I'm not just posting this story on this site- I post it on every site I can find that supports writing. I'm explaining all of this because out of all those sites, I at least trust you guys to provide a mature, respectable conversation about it; I'm probably not gonna be so lucky on sites like, oh, Deviantart or Tumblr.

I'm worried about my handling of this sensitive information because I am not a very educated person on the subject. As much as I would like to research it by looking up hands-on accounts and psychological studies by professors, I have difficulty discerning the good information from the bad. If anyone wants to help me and post a few good articles about it, I'd appreciate it. I'll even be open to feminist studies, so long as they're not from meme feminists like Anita Sarkeesian, Zoe Quinn, or Laci Green; I don't think they'd help the matter.
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:45 PM).
      Mykea

I was thinking of writing a Boku No Hero Academia cross-over with Pokemon. Not an exact cross-over, where the characters from the original series show up in the Pokemon anime, but where people in the Pokemon World are born with Quirks, and there are notable Hero's (like members of the Elite Four) whom Ash looks up to. Instead of being a Pokemon Master, Ash wishes to be a Hero, like his idol, Lance who teaches at a one of the worlds' best Hero-ing Academy's.

So sort of like Boku no Hero. Maybe a few cameos from the Bnha cannon characters, but really, most of them are pokemon characters with their own original Quirks and they use their pokemon to help them with their hero-work. Each aspiring hero who tries to get into an academy, or signs up for a hero-related course, gets a Pokemon. It's a must because of how dangerous the world is now - that everyone -must be - assigned with a pokemon for protection, if they don't have the money to own one, the government will assign one for free of charge or at a cheaper fare.

I was also going to mention - Ash is Quirkless. No. he doesn't go the Izuku route and get a Quirk like All For One. He's actually, really Quirkless. He's someone who trains -himself- and his -pokemon- to be the best he can be. But it mostly focuses on his own physical training, in order to become a Hero instead of a Pokemon Master. Also, comic-book references from Marvel & DC will be added for flavor.

This is a big project. It will have OCs, hopefully that others will submit and I will be allowed to use. Most of them will be cannon-characters from the main series, maybe characters-of-the-day or something, other than that, I hope to only use pokemon-based characters rather than others from other series, if not, i'll mention which ones they're from when using them.

-Everyone has a pokemon- Whether or not Ash has Pikachu as his starter, that's still something i haven't decided yet. I'm still in early development in this fic, and I would like your opinions on the matter. Thanks - Verse.
        Old 1 Week Ago (6:28 PM).
        Banned

Nature: Quirky
          So I have two ideas, and one involves something people might call a ‘fetish’ (though I don’t consider it to be one.)
          Old 1 Week Ago (8:19 PM).

Hey! I originally come from another forum to write fanfics and I am trying to get back into it. So if my questions are familiar, that's why. Plus I have others I haven't asked.

So um years ago there was this fic I saw called Max's New Adventures to where Max goes on his journey and I thought it was a cool fic. At first it sparked the idea of Jupiter going on a journey after leaving Team Galactic but that failed. Now reeading it, plus watching the DP and unova anime episodes, it kinda sparked an idea of Paul going on a journey to Unova to compete in the Unova league plus trying to defeat his rival, Trip (yes that Trip lol) plus has run ins with Team Plasma (aka Team Pathetic as he calls them)

However I'm not working with a newbie trainer like say... Max, so how can I go about this?

Old 1 Week Ago (8:23 PM).
            Darkinium Z

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Anime Psyclone View Post
            So I have two ideas, and one involves something people might call a ‘fetish’ (though I don’t consider it to be one.)
            Can you explain your two ideas a bit more, and why which one you think one of your ideas would considered that?

Old 1 Week Ago (9:10 PM).

Quote:
              To be honest anything can be a fetish but lets not go there haha
              Old 1 Week Ago (6:59 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Anime Psyclone.
              Banned

Basically one is a Choose Your Own Adventure thing where people vote on what happens next
                Other is a transformation-based story
                Old 1 Week Ago (7:13 AM).
                Remember NovEnder

If it puts your mind at ease, the Pokemon fandom has written a lot of transformation-based stories. The genre is (was?) known as Pokémorphs, where people are turned into Pokemon to varying degrees of success. I don't know how popular those stories are now, since it seems like authors tend to drift more to Mystery Dungeon for that. But I'm just saying that transformation-based stories aren't going to be looked down upon just because they deal with transformation.

What are your ideas about? So you want to write a transformation-based story. Who are the characters? What's the problem they'll be going through? What are you going to be exploring in this story?
                  Old 1 Week Ago (7:18 AM).
                  Banned

So basically I need to figure out a few things but the basic plot is an Eevee somehow evolves it’s trainer into an evolution of it
                    Old 1 Week Ago (11:32 AM).
                    Darkinium Z

Quote:
                    So basically I need to figure out a few things but the basic plot is an Eevee somehow evolves it’s trainer into an evolution of it
                    I'm confused what you meant by that? You mean the trainer transforming into one of Eevee's evolutions?

As for your Choose your Adventure idea, can you give more details about it? I know before there were a few of those fics popped up here.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Huikyeong View Post
                    Hey! I originally come from another forum to write fanfics and I am trying to get back into it. So if my questions are familiar, that's why. Plus I have others I haven't asked.

So um years ago there was this fic I saw called Max's New Adventures to where Max goes on his journey and I thought it was a cool fic. At first it sparked the idea of Jupiter going on a journey after leaving Team Galactic but that failed. Now reeading it, plus watching the DP and unova anime episodes, it kinda sparked an idea of Paul going on a journey to Unova to compete in the Unova league plus trying to defeat his rival, Trip (yes that Trip lol) plus has run ins with Team Plasma (aka Team Pathetic as he calls them)

However I'm not working with a newbie trainer like say... Max, so how can I go about this?

Hi there! You mentioned wanting this thread be moved here, which is totally fine!

As for your idea, Trip and Paul interacting does sound like a very fun idea. I take you worried about Paul streamrolling the beginning gyms with him being an experienced trainer? I can see Paul getting ahead of himself and a few of the Unova gym leaders giving him a hard time. I think the premise you have here sounds fun, just make sure you have Paul' characterization developed naturally.

Old 1 Week Ago (1:27 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Bay Alexison View Post

Hi there! You mentioned wanting this thread be moved here, which is totally fine!

As for your idea, Trip and Paul interacting does sound like a very fun idea. I take you worried about Paul streamrolling the beginning gyms with him being an experienced trainer? I can see Paul getting ahead of himself and a few of the Unova gym leaders giving him a hard time. I think the premise you have here sounds fun, just make sure you have Paul' characterization developed naturally.
                      In this idea most of the characters give Paul a hard time, even Colress ;p

Anyway my original idea was that Paul travels to Unova to enter the unova league and meets a girl who helps him through the process, however, because of her free spirit personality and that she doesn’t most things seriously, he had no interest in communicating with her. That and because she thought he was a rookie trainer due to him having no unova badges. However after overhearing that this annoying trainer was a battle tower boss trainer from Black City and the leader of her local battle club, he quietly follows her to watch her battles.

Of course he runs in with Team Plasma, like I kinda wanted to pull some events from the game like Ghestis trying to control Kyurem again and freezing half of Unova in which the cast tries to stop him in which Paul and Ghestis have a battle.

I guess one question I have in my mind is, is it reasonable for a character to catch a legendary Pokemon? Like in the middle I had the idea that Paul would capture either a Cobalion or a Terrkion but I'm not sure if that's reasonable. Please help ><;
                      Old 1 Week Ago (1:45 PM).
                      Banned

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Bay Alexison View Post
                        I'm confused what you meant by that? You mean the trainer transforming into one of Eevee's evolutions?

As for your Choose your Adventure idea, can you give more details about it? I know before there were a few of those fics popped up here.
                        For the first yeah
                        For the second, a trainer starts his journey and what evens happen next are based on by comments
                        Old 1 Week Ago (7:09 PM).
                        Remember NovEnder

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Huikyeong View Post
                          I guess one question I have in my mind is, is it reasonable for a character to catch a legendary Pokemon? Like in the middle I had the idea that Paul would capture either a Cobalion or a Terrkion but I'm not sure if that's reasonable. Please help ><;
                          Forgive me for only focusing on this part of your posts, but my mind isn't working that great right now. To answer that question, since you're working in the canon of the anime, I don't think you can get away with Paul catching a legendary Pokemon. The anime treats legendary Pokemon like they're big deals. They have so much power, and treating them like regular Pokemon can be terrible for the world. All the times I can think of where legendary Pokemon were captured for one reason or another were all times where the world was nearly destroyed.

You can have Cobalion or Terrakion working alongside Paul if their goals align. But actually having Paul capture them in Pokeballs and using them wouldn't work that well in the anime canon.

Quote:
                          For the first yeah
                          For the second, a trainer starts his journey and what evens happen next are based on by comments
                          With the CYOA story, you can check out the only one that I've seen that was really successful. Seeing how Cutlerine handled it can give you some idea of how your thread can go, and how you can handle the different ways readers can take your story.
                          Old 1 Week Ago (7:28 PM).
                          Banned

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
                            Forgive me for only focusing on this part of your posts, but my mind isn't working that great right now. To answer that question, since you're working in the canon of the anime, I don't think you can get away with Paul catching a legendary Pokemon. The anime treats legendary Pokemon like they're big deals. They have so much power, and treating them like regular Pokemon can be terrible for the world. All the times I can think of where legendary Pokemon were captured for one reason or another were all times where the world was nearly destroyed.

You can have Cobalion or Terrakion working alongside Paul if their goals align. But actually having Paul capture them in Pokeballs and using them wouldn't work that well in the anime canon.

With the CYOA story, you can check out the only one that I've seen that was really successful. Seeing how Cutlerine handled it can give you some idea of how your thread can go, and how you can handle the different ways readers can take your story.
                            Okay, and also. Ash really needs to get a legendary to hold the audience. This could be just a UB and that would be fine, but just please have him catch the legend.
                            Old 1 Week Ago (7:49 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Astinus View Post

Off topic, that fic was good!

On topic: I am also working with the game world as well so I am kinda mixing them together. Which is why I asked.

Quick Reply