• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [NEW UPDATE: 40+ NEW POKEMON]: Pokémon Infinite Fusion

Years
I think I know what the numbers are doing here. The first pokémon selected morphs into the fusion, while the second pokémon simply ceases to be. When Charmander is first, it becomes a Charlithe. Its attacks, held item, and hidden numbers like Happiness and IVs (I'm kinda guessing here) stay the same. Its total EXP earned also tries to stay the same, EXCEPT it automatically rises to match its highest-level parent's level. I think it also keeps Charmander's ability value (1 or 2, though with single-ability pokemon it's hard to tell) and applies that ability value to charlithe's new Blaze/Intimidate. If you select Charmander first and fuse it with a lower-level Growlithe, its ability value should give it the opposite ability, since Growmander's abilities are Intimidate/Blaze (in the opposite order).

As for your lv47 Charlithe. Since you selected Growlithe first, Charlithe inherits Growlithe's numbers, including Total EXP (not level). All fusions use the fastest EXP curve, while Growlithe does not. This means that the same amount of EXP to raise a Growlithe to lv43 would raise a fusion to a higher level (say, about 47).

Regarding Gender: I dunno. My guess is that a fusion inherits its gender value (not necessarily its gender) from the first selected pokémon. Since Charmander is male 7/8 of the time, it could have a gender value that's on the female half of the spectrum, but not female enough to beat that 7/8ths. Also, I'm not sure how the fusion-writing algorithms do gender tendencies. Either Charlithe or Growmander could be 50/50 or 7/8ths male, I don't know. This stuff's confusing enough in real life.

Final Note: maybe standardize all pokemon to one EXP curve, since we're all just gonna use fusions anyway. Also, I'm here too now.

*reappears after a Real Long Time* So we were trying to work a graphic for ourself on the gender and ability, and then SuMo came out and someone made this guide on Shiny Breeding in Gen 7... which has some nice text on gender...
but it also has some really nice charts that might explain the Ability Issue?

So, the gender switching:
A Charmander with a "Gender roll" of 6 fused with lower level gastly (50/50 gender ratio), would make a female because for gastly 6=female
And... on the Ability...
SCIENCE! Time...
1-Charmander 'Arminius', lv 21, M, Blaze (B), x 2-Meowth, lv18, F, Technician (T)
Tests: 1; F/B, 2; F/B, 3; F/B, 4; F/B, 5; F/B
1-Charmander 'Arminius', lv 21, M, Blaze (B), x 2-Meowth, lv16, F, Pickup(P)

2-Charmander 'Arminius', lv 21, M, Blaze (B), x 1-Meowth, lv18, F, Technician (T)
Tests: 1; F/P, 2; F/P, 3; F/P, 4; F/P, 5; F/P
2-Charmander 'Arminius', lv 21, M, Blaze (B), x 1-Meowth, lv16, F, Pickup(P)

So the only situation in which Arminius inherited the meowth's ability was when a technician meowth was selected first...
... I think I need to do a bunch of tests with both pokemon being ones that have two abilities...

Error Error:
e19a2e7e56.png
whatnow...
4acbd91df5.png
... oh dear
c1226b9529.jpg

... why is there a custom sprite in here that is both a) completely random, b) on the wrong pokemon's number, thus replacing entirely the wrong thing.
I'm so confused. Why is it here? Who made it?

Also, 2.4's out? what. Where.

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
Years
... why is there a custom sprite in here that is both a) completely random, b) on the wrong pokemon's number, thus replacing entirely the wrong thing.
I'm so confused. Why is it here? Who made it?

Also, 2.4's out? what. Where.
Lol at one point I added a bunch fanmade custom sprites into the game. I must've messed up the number for this one. Not sure why this fusion specifically got made. It does seem very random.
I remember fixing this sprite at some point, but I'm not sure if it's in the latest release.

2.4 was released some time ago, but not much has changed from 2.3. It was mostly bugfixes iirc. The download link is in the first post.

Years
*choking* *wheezing* Oak wasn't kidding when he said 'RAndom' shiny, huh?
e225046ffd.png

(we were just randomly reloading and getting it again for giggles. This was, what, the fourth? Fifth?)

We also decided for the heck of it to make a list of the abilities in the game (although we know that getting pokemon with Hiddens IS possible because we've got Chlorophyll Bulbasaur from Vermillion. But we don't know which ones so.)
Because we cannot help ourself and thought it might be useful reference.
Pokemon Abilities that can carry over in Fusion:
Spoiler:

Abilities that NO fusions can get due to them being Second ability only (+unfused pokemon that have them):
Spoiler:

Fusions can have the ability, but not from these pokemon:
Spoiler:

Also, I think I am going to have to make my all-fusions-we've-sprited-for-for-this page bigger:

(I think our favourite might be clefable-gyarados just because of the little wiggly carnotaurus-arms that we find endlessly amusing)

-~-~-
Still randomly reloading to get different shinies, Pinsir/Magnemite is... Bug type? Instead of Bug/Electric?
... this Clefdos is not a gyarados fusion, that's a zapdos (this shouldn't be this much fun)

Last edited:

Schrroms

Years
We also decided for the heck of it to make a list of the abilities in the game (although we know that getting pokemon with Hiddens IS possible because we've got Chlorophyll Bulbasaur from Vermillion. But we don't know which ones so.)
Because we cannot help ourself and thought it might be useful reference.
Pokemon Abilities that can carry over in Fusion:
Spoiler:

Abilities that NO fusions can get due to them being Second ability only (+unfused pokemon that have them):
Spoiler:

Fusions can have the ability, but not from these pokemon:
Spoiler:

Wow, this is actually super useful, thanks! Ideally I'd like to have make any of the 4 normal abilities available. I'm looking into how exactly to set it up.
And those sprites are fantastic looking. Nice job!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I wanted an electric/fire type that looked good. I found Magnenine (Magneton/Arcanine), which seemed fine, I had the types lined up, Maginemite's Electric/Steel, Growlithe's Fire. This fusion should have become an Electric/Fire, but instead I got Steel/Fire. Why'd you make it do that instead of normal fusion?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 12, 2017
Hello guys.
I'm new here, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. Also, sorry for bad English, not a native speaker.

First of all, I want to say that this game AMAZING! Very good concept, and very well done (at least the parts wich I saw). Schrroms, please keep this project running. This is very good!!!

I played until reaching Cerulean. Playing release 2.4. But unfortunatelly I found a bug that messed my save file (5 hours playing ouch xD). Instead of being mad about it, I'm reporting the error in the hope it can be fixed on a new release :).

Not sure if it is an already known bug. This is what happened:
Upon reaching rival battle (in Cerulean), Blue asked if I was ready to battle, I answered "no", because I wanted to save before the battle. Then I saved and got stuck above Blue. I can't move at all. I can open the menu, use itens, view pokemon statuses and all. But I can't use a escape rope, and don't have fly or teleport to try to get out of there.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 12, 2017
I wanted an electric/fire type that looked good. I found Magnenine (Magneton/Arcanine), which seemed fine, I had the types lined up, Maginemite's Electric/Steel, Growlithe's Fire. This fusion should have become an Electric/Fire, but instead I got Steel/Fire. Why'd you make it do that instead of normal fusion?

@Deathdent, The fusion is right. You just didn't understood how it works. Look at the first post made by the developer, on spoiler called "FAQ" he explains how the types are chosen on fusions. This is from there:

"Type is determined according to the first type of the head/color Pokémon and the second type of the body Pokémon (first if it only has 1 type)
If the two types are the same, then it will be single-type."

Look in the first post for more information.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
@Deathdent, The fusion is right. You just didn't understood how it works. Look at the first post made by the developer, on spoiler called "FAQ" he explains how the types are chosen on fusions. This is from there:

"Type is determined according to the first type of the head/color Pokémon and the second type of the body Pokémon (first if it only has 1 type)

Deathdent understood how it works, Magnemite and Magneton just happen to be (undocumented) exceptions. Their typing is Electric/Steel, but they fuse as though they were Steel/Electric instead. This is so that a Pokémon with Magnemite's head has Steel-typing to match its steel coloration, instead of looking metallic but not actually being Steel.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017

I fused Magnemite as the head, which should have given me electric/fire. i did "understood" what i was talking about.

schrroms, after talking with a friend, i understand your decision to allow magnemite fusions to be steel type. I do wish magnenine would be an electric/fire type, but i see how that could be difficult.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Hi, I would just like to post and say I downloaded your game, and am quite impressed with the unique idea of fusing Pokèmon together. I have played it a bit, made it just past the Viridian Forest area, and have my crew of 3 so far (2 fusions, and 1 non fused). Its interesting how the fusion evolutions work (meaning that when fused, the Pokèmon still has the fused levels that the original Pokèmon would evolve at in tact), it makes sense that it would be that way, allowing the fused Pokèmon to be able to learn all its fused counterparts moves. I am loving it so far, and I love how you can re-battle certain trainers as many times as you want, it has allowed me to train to the levels I want a bit faster than just wild battles. I cant wait to play more when I get back home from my fiends place in Red Deer (should be back within a week or so), and update to the newest demo release (I notice one came out a few days or so ago, as I was uploading mine). Cant wait to see how this game unfolds as you continue making it, I am excited. Congrats on a unique idea.

Read Schrroms' description at the beginning

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 12, 2017
I fused Magnemite as the head, which should have given me electric/fire. i did "understood" what i was talking about.

schrroms, after talking with a friend, i understand your decision to allow magnemite fusions to be steel type. I do wish magnenine would be an electric/fire type, but i see how that could be difficult.

Sorry Deathdent, my bad.

By the way. Why is Gyarados a Water/dark type? Just to put dark types on first generation?

I wanted to make a fire/water pokemon with strong statuses, so I though in picking Charizard head (good special status) and Gyarados body (good physical status).
I know Gyarados was water/flying on nintendo games, but I saw Schrroms had changed it on water only in an earlier post. I just noticed Gyarados was an water/dark after I had already fused charmander with magikarp and evolved it at level 20. And got a fire/dark instead of fire/water. Well, back to my planning sheets =P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Sorry Deathdent, my bad.

By the way. Why is Gyarados a Water/dark type? Just to put dark types on first generation?

I wanted to make a fire/water pokemon with strong statuses, so I though in picking Charizard head (good special status) and Gyarados body (good physical status).
I know Gyarados was water/flying on nintendo games, but I saw Schrroms had changed it on water only in an earlier post. I just noticed Gyarados was an water/dark after I had already fused charmander with magikarp and evolved it at level 20. And got a fire/dark instead of fire/water. Well, back to my planning sheets =P

Yes, Gyarados, Persian, and Arbok are all part-Dark because the element is otherwise absent. This is also why Pinsir is Bug/Steel and Seadra is Water/Dragon.
In a hypothetical far-future release that includes pokémon from gen 2 and onward, this might not be necessary.

Years
Read Schrroms' description at the beginning

I did, and I know its based on the pokemon.alexonsager.net Pokémon Fusion generator.. I also know that the DNA Splicers were available for 1 use in Black 2 & White 2 (which I haven't played yet...) I also read the FAQ and have an understanding of how fusion works.. Regardless, its still a unique idea to be able to fuse all Kanto Pokémon, and I can't wait to see how far Schrroms takes this game :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Dear Schrroms, Could you change the name of this thread so it doesn't say "update?" The last update happened a long time ago, so it's kind of outdated.

Edit: Sorry , the emails this site sends me say "POKEMON INFINITE FUSION update" and i thought that was part of the name, not just a reminder of the thread

Last edited:

Schrroms

Years
Dear Schrroms, Could you change the name of this thread so it doesn't say "update?" The last update happened a long time ago, so it's kind of outdated.

I'm not sure what you mean. The name of the thread is POKÉMON INFINITE FUSION.
Is there something I'm not seeing?

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
You have screen shots for 3.0, but it's still in 2.4. Is there a date in which the next version is going to be released?

Back