• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UD's Custom Sprite Resources

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
[Last Updated: 12/24/2017]

Hello! Thought I'd give back to the community a bit and share some of the custom sprites I've been creating for the project I've been working on.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

=====================

All Of The Things:
Spoiler:

----------------------------------
As I make more assets, I will try to keep this resource list updated! Hope you guys enjoy my artwork, and find it useful! ;3

==============
Usage Disclaimer (since apparently everyone does these):

"All of my assets are free to be used by anyone for anything. Edit them, redistribute them, whatever - I don't care.
Giving me credit as the original creator is always nice, but I'm not gonna be anal about it if you don't lol.

The only thing I DO ask is that you don't try to write off these assets as things YOU created, since that's really not cool..."

(I also like seeing how my stuff is used (cuz it makes me happy lol!), so if you wanna send me a link to what you used my stuff for that would be neat! :D)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2024
These are great - I really like the Mossdeep tileset, in particular, but the others with additional facing options should be useful, too - I know I was thinking of doing that myself. Just though I should let you know I appreciate it!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
These are great - I really like the Mossdeep tileset, in particular, but the others with additional facing options should be useful, too - I know I was thinking of doing that myself. Just though I should let you know I appreciate it!

Thanks!

I could have condensed the Mossdeep Gym tileset down quite a bit (there are a lot of duplicate tiles), but I left it as it is because I wanted to make it a lot easier to replicate the original gym rather than one tile at a time, so it's just a map rip that I chunked up to fit into an RPG Maker XP tilesheet.

Also, I forgot to upload the moveable statue object used with that gym, so I've done so.
It's under the new "Tile Objects (Characters)" section (see OP).

Speaking of which...

Update Released:

08/04/2017

- Added a "Tile Objects (Characters)" section with a bunch of new sprites. [NEW]
- Added a few more custom tiles to the "Factory" and "Cave" tilesets. [Expanded Base Tilesets]
- Added an "Outside" edited tileset. [Expanded Base Tilesets]
- Added two new Custom Building Sprites. [Custom Tileset Pieces]
- Added some custom Doors with animations. [Custom Tileset Pieces]
- Added a custom Piplup sprite. [Overworld Sprites]
- Added one more "Pokemon Emerald Misc Trainer Rip" (Mr. Briney's sprite). [Overworld Sprites]
- Organized the "Overworld Sprites" section by "Pokemon" and "Humans". [Overworld Sprites]

*I'm trying to keep the OP as organized (and not super-duper looooong) as possible, but if you guys think it's... too segmented, let me know! n.nU

EDIT: Oh right, forgot to say - I actually made a set of "Modern Road" tiles that are included in the new edited "Outside" that I posted. I think they look quite pretty! :F

xwjezly.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Small update:

08/05/2017
- Added two new custom building sprites. [Custom Tileset Pieces]
- Added one additional custom door. [Custom Tileset Pieces]

Main thing is that I added two new custom buildings:

aaKsLOz.png
OjKHbL1.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I'll just dump some of my resources here temporarily. I will overhaul the OP tomorrow when I have more time.

Maylene Overworld Sprite (Gen III Style):
oJmU0xb.png

Candice Overworld Sprite (Gen III Style):
WxQfAV8.png

Double Doors Animation:
ccp3lSx.png

Use Pokeball Animations (Boy):
7nyfs3j.png
c8SjxlE.png

Use Pokeball Animations (Girl):
yxMKFMx.png
GXaLKo2.png

Use Vs. Seeker Animations (Boy):
YJ2H94L.png
yQqEJ15.png

Use Vs. Seeker Animations (Girl):
wH5ytOj.png
ELR0J72.png

Uncuttable Tree:
DLNrGDb.png

Sudowoodo Overworld Sprite:
jfIA7Ds.png

Growlithe Overworld Sprite:
kat4nzj.png

Rock Climb Animation (HGSS, Lyra):
HQMzoCZ.gif

Rock Climb Animation (HGSS, Leaf):
aFcaDTy.gif

---------------
I've got LOTS more stuff, but I really need to go to sleep now lol, so I'll post more and organize it better tomorrow. n.nU

Last edited:
Years
Man, that is some AMAZING works, I'm not a huge fan of 3G graphics but I have to admit that it nearly makes me want to use them.
The Rock climing animation is so clean but really hard to use though but the ground animation can be interesting to use for a Rock Smash animation.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Man, that is some AMAZING works, I'm not a huge fan of 3G graphics but I have to admit that it nearly makes me want to use them.
The Rock climing animation is so clean but really hard to use though but the ground animation can be interesting to use for a Rock Smash animation.

I've been trying to think about how to implement the animation, and the best I can come up with would be a rather tedious script or event command sequence that hides the player's sprite, and plays the animation as a picture being displayed over the screen, while having the invisible player move up.

The only problem would be the length of the rock climb, but I think that could be handled with a loop. Most rock climbing implementations use two different terrain tags: one for normal rocks, and one for the topmost rock. The timings would be very tedious to work out, though.

I really wish RPG Maker had a better way to handle animations that this...

(Also thanks lol, I put a lot of work into these resources.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
Hey! Good work, thank to share yours creations
Thk from France =)

Thanks lol. ;3

I did an overhauled Hypno overworld sprite a bit ago:

DPX5a9J.png

His sideways frames looked really bad, and on top of that it was bothering me that he was holding his pendulum outwards regardless of which direction he was facing in. >_<

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
I made a set of tiles for a new Secret Base type (snow):

Tiles (interior):
a0BOW5f.png

Entrance Event Char Sheet:
8hhRXs7.png

Entrance Event Setup:
2P0MlEm.png

The dialog I was using for the descriptions are:
Code:
The snow is deep here. If it were dug out,              
\nit might be possible to go inside.
Code:
A small hollow was created!

Also here's one for the side of a snowy mountain:
NnAqmMZ.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: This GIF is a bit out of date, but it still gives you a general idea of how this looks:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 13, 2023
So I drew an Ultra Wormhole sprite:

oXTmhFt.gif

hnUUHrx.png

CjxCvVY.png

You can just check the "Stop Animation" box to get similar results, but I felt that animation was playing too quickly doing it that way.

Last edited:
Back