• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MegaDex [Thread Version 2.0]

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Nope. I havn't finished my fire starters yet. They're a slow work in progress. I've had my ideas sketched for some time now, just havn't gotten around to spriting them out. I've been working on the first evolution lately, so hopefully I'll start getting that line released here shortly.

Thanks, Jae. I definately need to do something to improve the wings. I'll work on it in the future. And yeah...I kind of had trouble adding "Persian-istic" traits to such a small sprite. Thanks for the comments. XD

[Update!!] I'm re-releasing Kithadon's pre-evolution, Kithada, here tonight. I've gone back and touched him up a tad. I've posted both evolutions below.

Also, I'll be re-working the DexPad here shortly to accomodate greater numbers of sprites. Expect to see that updated on the first post of this thread very shortly.

V2-Kithada.png

V2-Kithadon.png

I like it. But both sprites seem rather awkward without arms o_O;
And the colours are good, as is the shading. The only things are posture and the lack of arms.
Oh, and that's a huge DexPad XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Good to see you posting in the MegaDex thread again, Dardanel. I'm glad you like the new stuff. Thanks for the continued support!! =D

[Update!!] I fixed the DexPad problem that Maelstrom pointed out. There shouldn't be any duplicate sprites now. If anyone happens to see problems with the updated Dex, just let me know. Oh...and as always...you might have to refresh your page to see the DexPad correctly. ;D

I've edited the sprite of Argoline. His old colors were clashing and I touched up his head and eyes. The updated sprite is posted below with the older version below it to compare.

V2-Argoline.png

Palette-ArgolineOld.png

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
Years
Thats better, ive got loads of fake sprites you can use if you wish, just Pm me lol
Im going to be honest now, quite afew of these fakemon sprites need some work to come up to a better standard, things like: Design, Shading & 3d-2d (Not looking flatt) Though overall the work does look good
nothing worst then a sprite looking like it can just fall straight over >.<
Like i said, u know where u are if u need me, ( I Created my Sprite in my Dp, it isnt that good but somit to show i guess)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well I like the new colours there, but I dislike the new head. It seems too small or something. But it still looks good none the less.

And is that tail of Amphorous? XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thats better, ive got loads of fake sprites you can use if you wish, just Pm me lol
Im going to be honest now, quite afew of these fakemon sprites need some work to come up to a better standard, things like: Design, Shading & 3d-2d (Not looking flatt) Though overall the work does look good
nothing worst then a sprite looking like it can just fall straight over >.<
Like i said, u know where u are if u need me, ( I Created my Sprite in my Dp, it isnt that good but somit to show i guess)

Err...thanks for the criticism/praise. I know I have plenty of room for improvement. This is a long term project, though, and I feel I've improved a good bit in the year and a half I've worked on this. All I can hope is that I continue to improve. I've never really considered adding other spriters' work into the MegaDex, but I'll PM you about that later.

Well I like the new colours there, but I dislike the new head. It seems too small or something. But it still looks good none the less.

And is that tail of Amphorous? XD

Meh. I thought the older version of Argoline was hideous, so I'm content with any improvement at this point. The orb on the tail was based off of similar orbs on Dragonair, and as you pointed out, Ampharos. =P
__

I'm hoping to have a new sprite to release later tonight. *crosses fingers*

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Good to see you posting in the MegaDex thread again, Dardanel. I'm glad you like the new stuff. Thanks for the continued support!! =D

[Update!!] I fixed the DexPad problem that Maelstrom pointed out. There shouldn't be any duplicate sprites now. If anyone happens to see problems with the updated Dex, just let me know. Oh...and as always...you might have to refresh your page to see the DexPad correctly. ;D

I've edited the sprite of Argoline. His old colors were clashing and I touched up his head and eyes. The updated sprite is posted below with the older version below it to compare.

V2-Argoline.png

Palette-ArgolineOld.png

=[ Me likes the second one's colours, but the eyes on the second are bizzare, and I think the overall head shape is a touch awkward, but neat ^^
And you have improved a lot, your sprites are awesome =]

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Sorry, Jae. That yellow against the brown made me want to puke. And thanks...I like to think I've improved. =D

[Update!!] Well, finished up the final touches on another sprite tonight. I call this one Caprus. Not quite sure if this is going to be a Ground or Psychic type yet, but it's definately going to be one of the two. As always, C&C is welcome.

V2-Caprus.png

Scyther

Years
=[ Me likes the second one's colours, but the eyes on the second are bizzare, and I think the overall head shape is a touch awkward, but neat ^^
And you have improved a lot, your sprites are awesome =]

I Disagree with the second ones hair and tail colours, like he said, they blend too well with the pokemon, The White Does look nice but im not sure if its the exact colour to use? (have you considerd evolving Argoline into like a werewolf pokemon, i think that could go really well), as for the tail, i dont know it reminds me too much of the mareep evolutionline, that might be where u got the idea from im not sure
otherwise its a good sprite, and the improvement was "Nessicary"

For your new sprite i like the idea, it has great possibilities for an evolution if needed and it looks like an idea from the real animal "Lynx", their is somthing about the mouth though that really dosent fit, try having an open mouth, maybe bearing teeth, to not make it look so happy and peaceful.

It would be a good idea to add other spriters work to this project, but only somthing you agree and would want to put in, you wouldnt want to ruin the project because one pokemon looks like it was drawn by a 2yr old, if it goes ahead u need a standard to abide by and the will to say "No, im sorry it isnt good enough"
If other spriting work dosent happen, more power too you, and i lookforward to evalutation more of your work in the future :)

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
In response to your post, Scyther...

I think if you take the time to compare the Mareep line to Argoline, the tails aren't really all that similar. The Mareep line has tails that slim as they get closer to the end, along with alternating black and colored lines all the way up. The only real similarity is the orb on the tail. The Mareep line isn't the only line that features orbs like these, though. They reoccur throughout various original Pokemon creatures.

I am really going to enjoy working on the Carpus evolution. As you already stated, I also think it has great possibilities. I like the opened mouth idea, but I think I'll save it for the evolved version. I intended to make the pre-evolution look more "happy and peaceful," as you put it.

Like I mentioned earlier, I've been considering recruiting help for this project for some time. I've been working on this for a year and a half, and I'm only now about 50% on the Dex (not including OWs and back sprites). The only problem is, finding spriters with great skill that are willing to devote endless hours to this project is no easy task. =\

[Update!!] I have a new Poison/Grass type to release here tonight. I've named this little creature Vinive. As you could probably pick up on from just glancing at the sprite, this guy survives in battle by thrusting its' large horn-like appendages into opponents and injecting vicious amounts of poisons.

V2-Vinive.png

Scyther

Years
Like I mentioned earlier, I've been considering recruiting help for this project for some time. I've been working on this for a year and a half, and I'm only now about 50% on the Dex (not including OWs and back sprites). The only problem is, finding spriters with great skill that are willing to devote endless hours to this project is no easy task. =\

I'm always Willing to help i have a large collection of sprites atm "if i can find them :P" and though i dont have an amazing amount of time due to outside this forum, i would be glad to help out a friend.

I am really going to enjoy working on the Carpus evolution. As you already stated, I also think it has great possibilities. I like the opened mouth idea, but I think I'll save it for the evolved version. I intended to make the pre-evolution look more "happy and peaceful," as you put it.

ok good idea, im glad u agree, i think the mouth looks abit odd though, i like your idea of all cute and cuddly first evolution but the mouth looks outa place, i really cant describe it

[Update!!] I have a new Poison/Grass type to release here tonight. I've named this little creature Vinive. As you could probably pick up on from just glancing at the sprite, this guy survives in battle by thrusting its' large horn-like appendages into opponents and injecting vicious amounts of poisons.

V2-Vinive.png

I Like the Idea of this Sprite, you have put together a good fakemon with interesting characteristics, the suposide i think leaf marks on the body seem to remind me of misplaced rocks in a sandstone wall, maybe this pokemon could be grass/ground type, but like the ground type Sandslash, learn a few poison moves. I Say for that pokemon, Edit the leaves coming off on the vines, make them look really leaf life though hiding a Spike inside, have a leaf on each of the 4 sides of the spike and the spike with in :D. other then that its going really well, i lookforward to seeing the evolutions of these pokemon, though some pokemon ive seen in the dex, look like they need to be redone.

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Vinive is awesome! I just love the overall design the things at the top of his body make it seem like those are his eyes. But then when you look down you see the real eye. Vinive would have to be the favorite of mine out of your fakes :D.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! I'm working on a few different sprites right now, so expect some new stuff pretty soon. I'm hoping to get something new out by Christmas, so hopefully I find some free time in between work and last minute shopping. =D

[Also!] I've added a new Fan Button to the collection. If you're interested in adding the new button, or one of the others, visit the first post of this thread and copy and paste the appropriate code into your signature, or wherever else you want to post it. If you added one of the older buttons a while ago, be sure to update the code with PC's new address. Thanks a lot!

FanButton3.gif

[Update!!] Phew...about time I updated this. I've been working on about 5 or 6 different sprites lately, and just havn't been able to finish one up until tonight. It's amazing what I can do when I force myself to get something done. Anywho...say hello to a new Ghost/Dark type. I've named this species Ueco. It'll be interesting to see if anyone can figure out the significance of the name. So...yeah, check it out and let me know what you think. ;D

V2-Ueco.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
hehe, I had my doubts that you would do one tonight, but I guess you proved me wrong XD;

Anywho ....

Ehh, I hate doing ripples -_-;

The attempt that you made to ripple the "fabric" doesn't seem to have worked out all that well in my opinion. I think you should only be highlighting where you want the ripples to be located, and not along the entire edge of the sprite. The Aroma Lady from FRLG may be able to guide you a lil bit.

Also, it's left arm appears to be coming out from behind the body, and this is due to you separating the arm and the body with a black outline. If you removed this outline and blended it in with the body so it was coming out of the side facing us, I'm sure it'd look better.

And so yeah ^_^ I was going to say something about the material at the bottom, but I think you were trying to make it look like it was billowing behind it or something.

And I have no idea about the significance of the name ^^;

It's good to see that you've done this much, so I look forward to seeing more from you.

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
awesome work the designs are quite different then the usual i very much enjoy them.

Thanks a bunch. Glad you enjoy them. XD

Thanks, Ray. I definately screwed up the ripple effect, now that I looked at it more. I do have to say that the darkness on the right side is the shadow, not the ripple. Your advice really helped though. I think this seems to look better. Let me know what you think, man. The edit is on the right. XD

You'll might have to refresh your browser to see these correctly.
V2-Ueco-old.png
V2-Ueco.png

Back