• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Years
Shelby Hampton and Dorothy Roseland

The trip back to the Pokémon Center was an unpleasant one. She dashed and ignored everybody around her, yet didn't shove anyone aside. Instead she maneuvered around bodies, frantic to search for the center. It was there that they healed up and rested, unable to speak to Pupui without shame.

And, to her surprise, he wasn't upset. Or bothered. Or anything sad. Instead he displayed happiness. Content. Dorothy weakly smiled at Pupui whenever their eyes would meet, his body bouncing out of boredom.

She didn't want him this way. She didn't want him to be happy, or content. Truth be told it made it less awkward for Dorothy, but she felt as if he was purposely hiding his negative emotions to spare her feelings. Or so she felt.

The duo didn't stay in the center too long. Like usual, Pupui showed disdain towards the thought of being in his Pokéball despite Dorothy's feeble pleads. He wobbled beside her, at times limping but he refused to let Dorothy stop as a result while on their way back to the dorm.

"Um... so... um," Dorothy began, but to no avail. She didn't know what to say.

Shelby put the now empty candy wrapper in her sweater pocket and sighed as she wiped her fingers on the grass. She took her map from her pocket and opened it. If she wasn't going back to her dorm, there had to be something she could do. She wanted to catch a new Pokemon, but Cream wasn't really up for battling. As much as she hated it, she'd probably need Audrey's help. Her sister was the only person that could make her Pokemon stay in a battle. She didn't have the heart to yell at her.

"Cream, where do you think we should go?" Shelby looked up from the map towards her partner... or rather, at the spot where her partner used to be. She frowned at the frosty patch of grass, as if that would bring the Pokemon back. She stood up and tucked the map back into her pocket. Cream couldn't have gone that far, could she? She sighed when she saw the Vanillite going over to a girl who looked younger than her. More specifically, going to the girl's Poliwag and breathing out a puff of frosty air in greeting. Okay, so maybe this wasn't just something that happened in movies. Shelby's face grew hot as she ran over to grab Cream.

"I'm so sorry about her!" she stammered, adjusting her glasses with her free hand. She scowled down at her Pokemon, who was trying to scramble free from her arms. "She's never seen a Poliwag before and I guess she got really excited. I... Um... I hope she didn't bother you."

Way to go, Shelby. Audrey wouldn't be this awkward meeting someone new...

The encounter was just as surprising to Dorothy, who blushed at the scene. "O-oh no no no!" she held up her waving hands in protest, "she didn't b-bother me at all!" Pupui agreed, leaping to take a better look at the frozen companion. Pooooooliiiii. Unlike the previous meeting with a stranger, she felt more at ease with this one. Not because she was a girl, but because Pupui was finally present. Had he been left behind then the sight of vanillite would have set her guilt into motion. Never will she leave Pupui again.

Besides. It would be a breather after what happened.

"I-I'm also sorry for, um, having my Poliwag out. I-If I didn't then your Vanillite w-wouldn't have run off," Dorothy apologized, hands hiding behind her back, feeling at fault as well. "B-but... I think she's very cute!" Pupui whistled in agreement, continuing to hop and bound in place, admiring the new acquaintances. She giggled, "P-Pupui agrees too!" Dorothy still carried her red face, attempting to make an effort to engage in a decent conversation.

Shelby smiled shyly, thankful that the first person she met at the school wasn't a bully. She tucked a bit of hair behind her ear and let go of Cream so she could get acquainted with the Poliwag. She kept a close eye on her, making sure that she wasn't causing any trouble. Cream had a habit of getting too excited for her own good.

"Oh, um... You don't really have to apologize. Really. If anything, Cream running off helped me finally meet someone..." Shelby's blush deepened. She was making herself sound like a friendless loser! She offered her hand to the younger girl and chuckled awkwardly. "My name's Shelby. And I think your Poliwag is adorable, too!"

"O-oh, you do?" Dorothy replied with delight. It took a few seconds to notice the hand, making her let out a soft oh upon the realization. Even now her reaction time fails her. Regardless, the gesture was reciprocated with a weak grip. "T-thank you! His name is Pupui." The tadpole hopped between them in response to his name before returning to the vanillite. "A-and my name is Dorothy." Slowly her timid-riddled outer layer is being melted away, already finding herself comfortable at Shelby's presence.

Meanwhile Pupui frolicked about, enjoying the new company. The bubbles he conjured hovered around them, their iridescent surfaces soothing to Dorothy and adding to the atmosphere. "So... what were you doing before? Did I interrupt?" she asked curiously, wanting to prevent the conversation from dying. "I'm sorry if I did."

"This little lady is Cream!" Shelby grinned, looking down at the ice type. She released Dorothy's hand and let out a breath she wasn't aware she was holding. She started fixing her hair, putting it into a slightly less sloppy bun. She suddenly felt like a disgusting mess, since she hadn't even bothered to brush her hair. She'd originally planned to just take a nap when she got to the academy, but Audrey had kind of ruined that plan immediately. The smile fell from her face when she thought of her sister.

"I wasn't really doing anything. I was trying to get away from my sister, since she has this perfect little checklist of things that she wanted us to do before we even got to look around and it was kind of annoying." Shelby sighed as she finished fixing her hair. "Sorry if I'm being a bit of a downer. I hope that you never have to meet my sister. We're twins, but complete opposites."

Cream looked at the bubbles in awe and reached up to poke one of them, frowning as it popped in her face. She huffed and blew out a blast of icy breath, freezing the bubbles as they floated into the air. She smiled, seemingly satisfied with her work, and looked to the Poliwag for approval.

"Oh!" Dorothy let out, her hands now intertwined, "I like that name! It sounds cute." She herself was beginning to worry about her appearance as well, yet didn't want to appear as if she was copying Shelby. "And that's okay, I sometimes don't get along with my sisters, too. You're not a downer."

Pupui danced in glee at the ice cream's action, leading him to send out a horde of bubbles for more. "B-but I've always wanted a twin sister," Dorothy continued. "I thought having one was cool." Conversations weren't her strong suit, and her responses proved just that. In fact she's surprised she didn't bore the new girl by now. All Dorothy thought she was good at was okay support and trivial topics.

Her poliwag was having more luck than her in creating bridges, never too afraid to make a fool of himself. He would hop from foot to foot in a ditzy swing. At some points he was caught doing pirouettes to amuse his audience of one. Every so often he'd turn to glance at Dorothy, as if to show off his new pal.

"I have a lot of siblings, but luckily they're not as uptight as Audrey." Shelby put her hands in her pockets and rocked on her heels. She knew she would probably have to apologize to her sister later for walking out like that. Audrey had a way of spinning things around to make herself look like the victim, and the last thing she wanted to deal with was her sister placing a distressed phone call to their mother on the first day of school. She blinked as a frozen bubble floated into her face and smiled.

"It seems like our Pokemon are getting along alright, Dory," she said happily. She laughed as Cream started to dance around in the bubbles. She briefly wondered if the other girl would mind the nickname. Maybe she should have asked before just throwing it out there. Hopefully Dorothy was okay with it...

And she was.

Dory. It was a nickname used by... Not many actually. Dotti is what she normally goes by, but then again she never tells anybody that. Perhaps it's due to it being reserved for her parent's usage.

"Yeah! They are. And I'm happy about that too! Pupui loves making-" Pooooooli! "-new friends. I thought maybe he could make some new friends here." And she really is glad. Jealous? Perhaps. If only she could have Pupui's charisma and self-confidence, then friends wouldn't be such a rarity for Dorothy.

"That's why I think I need to catch new Pokémon, so that Pupui isn't... lonely. All of the time. I can be boring, hehehe," Dorothy awkwardly admits, cheeks flustered.

"Cream likes making friends, but she gets too... excited. She scares away most Pokemon." Shelby laughed to herself, remembering the times back in Nacrene when Cream would try to make a friend, only to cause the other trainer to return their Pokemon to its Pokeball and run off. She was pretty sure that Audrey's Rufflet barely tolerated her.

"If it makes you feel any better, I don't think you're boring. And I think Cream likes you. Right, Cream?" The ice cream stopped blowing cold air long enough to nod and smile. Shelby smiled down at her and looked towards Dorothy. She hadn't even been at the academy for a day and she had already made a friend! It wasn't such a bad idea to leave her room after all.

Pupui glanced at Dorothy with a quick grin before returning to his shenanigans, seemingly carrying unlimited energy. "We'll that's okay! Because Pupui has so much energy that he won't mind." In fact, she's beginning to question where it all came from. Not too long ago he was beaten down to his limits, and here he is now boasting himself. Perhaps it was to take his mind off of it? Or is he just like that?

Dorothy loved the company, having nearly forgotten where she was originally heading if it weren't for a sudden cough Pupui did. Afraid of making a scene, as well as her comrade's well-being, she began to feel indecisive. Hence her slow realization at the last comment Shelby did, making her reply rather rapidly. "Oh no no no, don't s-say that... But I'm glad I'm not boring to you." She grinned. "T-thank you for your time, I really liked getting to meet you..." Oh, she never liked goodbyes, especially when she's the first to leave. But Pupui isn't as healthy as he demonstrates. "I r-really hope everything goes well... And that your day goes good... And that nothing bad happens," she expressed, getting nervous once more. She didn't want to look like a fool either, spouting random nonsense at them.

"I hope you have a good day too, Dory," Shelby smiled, kneeling down to pick up Cream. The Vanillite pouted and waved goodbye to her new friend. Shelby waved to Dorothy and started to walk off, unsure of where she wanted to go. She definitely wasn't ready to deal with her sister yet. Audrey was a total perfectionist when it came to getting things organized and hated being bothered while she was working. Maybe she would just walk around and get to know the island a bit better. The last thing she'd want is to get lost when the time for classes rolled around.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

Aftermath of Events

Desmond watched intently as the battle progressed. That Roselia was quite the capable battler even if it did have an unorthodox way of battling. Desmond wondered if that was the best way for the grass type to battle. The Pokemon definitely seemed comfortable in its style though. It made him wonder if his own Pokemon would do better with a more unique style.

The battle finally ended with the Roselia coming out on top, proving too much for the little Swinub. That Swinub gave a good effort though, just needed some more practice. Desmond had to admit he was impressed by both sides. He was of course a capable battler but it was going to take much more work and effort if he was going to be able to be the best at the Academy. Those two proved just that.

With the battle over and his Pokemon healed up, Desmond figured it was time to find some food. Before the cafeteria though, he was going to have to find some Sitrus berries. He thought he saw a Sitrus berry tree or two on his way back from the forest so he made his way back there. It didn't take long thankfully and Desmond was able to get to the cafeteria soon after.

Walking in, he stopped at the food line and handed over the sitrus berries to be cooked to one of the cooks. Afterwards he grabbed some burgers and soup for himself and the rest of his team and found a table towards the back where there'd be enough room. Sitting down, he called out Leo and Ares who sat next each other and seemed pretty friendly already. Guess the two must've formed a bond after their battle.

Leo's sandwiches were brought out shortly and the four of them began enjoying their meal. Even though his day had started out so poorly, Desmond had to admit it was beginning to turn around already. He got some training in, caught a new Pokemon and watched some battling. Not to mention the food was amazing, better than anything his reform school had made. It was like eating bricks and dirt at that place. Most importantly though, he hadn't thought about Daro for hours. Feeling reinvigorated, Desmond was determined to not just stand idly by and let Daro disappear from his life again. Things would be different next time they saw each other.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant, Rylie, and Rosa: Inside the Pokemon Center

While Rylie's Swinub was being tended to, Rosa decided to take the time to talk to Ivrant about his Roselia, although...she had no idea how to dive into a conversation about the grass type without sounding just incredibly unnatural. "Outside, you said your Roselia doesn't fight like most of them. Have you spent time with lots of Roselia?" Alright, that's...a start.

Ivrant had turned in his Rosellia in to heal up as well. Once Rosa spoke up, he sat down nearby and looked up at her. "Oh heheh... uh, not exactly. I actually caught Dynamo here while trying out some Pokeballs my dad made at the factory. I figured it'd be a good chance to catch my first Pokemon. My mom helped me out of course. Can't go in the wild without a Pokemon after all!" Ivrant explained. "I made sure she got plenty of sun back home though. He's usually out of his ball and helping me out back home or with other school work. Before I came here anyways."

"Sounds like you two are really close." That's always so nice to see. She hadn't met a lot of trainers before today, every now and then she would see a trainer stomping towards the center, frustrated after being defeated by Whitney...somehow she doubted those trainers were very affectionate towards their Poke-partners.

"Before I left Goldenrod, my cousin told me she wanted me to catch a Roselia-- but they're not native to Johto. So...Dynamo's the first one I've seen up close." Good segway, Rosa, top notch.

"Johto huh? I haven't been down there but I'd assume my dads taken a few trips around the world. I know they've taken a few trips to Silph Co. In Kanto so thats as much as I know. I caught a Marill earlier actually! Those are native to Johto right? So I guess that kinda counts for something." Ivrant laughed. "Me and Dynamo have been together for awhile but we didn't get into battling until recently. Dynamo just suddenly became super determined to become a better battler and started to fight way differently then what I'd expect it to. So since then I'd take it out and practice whenever I could. Heheh. You'd be surprised how often I got teased for having a Rosellia and uh... that'd usually lead to Dynamo getting super fiesty toward them. Needless to say, the battles started themselves."

"Mhm! Maril's great. There were a bunch of them in the lake close to my house back home. Autumn and I used to go out and play with them." Upon hearing her name, the Espeon peers out from under the center's sofa, where she was hiding. "Most of them are pretty laid back, unless you get near their nests...then they bring out the belly drum and...yeah, don't do that. I saw it happen once...not pretty." Phew, it's so much nicer talking about something she knows. This is getting her nowhere near closer to finding a Roselia, but making a friend is good too.

"Teased…? Oh, because it's made of flowers?" Rosa sighs. "People can be so...ugh. I bet Dynamo showed them a thing or two for that one."

"Belly Drum?" Ivrant actually wondered if his Marill knew a move like that... it must have been threatening if it really wasn't that pretty. "Mine kept rushing toward Dynamo with a super fast rush of water. It moved super quickly even after we Paralized it. I didn't notice it use anything like Belly Drum though... I'll have to see if it has something like that." Ivrant pondered for a moment and looked down at the Espeon. He gave it a small welcoming grin. "Yeah... some people can be a pain. At the same time its kinda what drives me to train up. To take down stuck up jerks like that. Dynamo would always step in if any bullies back at school were picking on younger kids that were just fresh out of the Pokemon Lab with their Pokemon. He was kinda like the school hero in a way. Haha. I figure he gets it from the movies I watch back at home whenever I'm tinkering with spare Pokeballs my dad rings home."

"Super fast water? It was probably Aqua Jet. It's like...water type Quick Attack. It's pretty hard to slow down."

Upon seeing the welcoming smile, Autumn slowly inches out of her hiding place to give a proper greeting. She swishes her tail in welcome as the jewel atop her head glistens, before hopping into Rosa's lap.

"Really? Wow...what a cool Pokemon." Rosa beams at the idea of the schoolyard hero. She...really could have used a Pokemon hero like that back on the schoolyard. After she 'turned off' a lot of kids had a field day shoving her around. "I hope he keeps up his heroics around here."

"I sure hope so too but he did get pretty carried away back home. Usually whenever he was finished "saving" someone, he would use his vines to leave a mark. I have no idea how he learned to do it but he would carve out a large capital D on their clothes. Usually on their butt to make it extra humiliating." Ivrant laughed. "The teachers weren't very pleased by it needless to say and I got plenty of parents upset. Their fault for being such big bullies though!"

Rylie, finally managing to get through the line of students, rejoined the group once again. Stowing Hakan's ball safely in her jacket pocket she claimed a spot next to Rosa. "Jeez, that's not a fun line to wait though. Hopefully it'll die down after the first day..." She said with a bit of a sigh, looking over at the other two. "So, what did I miss while waiting?"

"Heheh, not much! Just talking about Dynamo and past school life mostly." Ivrant said. Afterwards, Ivrant explained a rough summary of what he just told Rosa just so Rylie could get caught up with the conversation.

"I guess everyone's excited to get out there and show their stuff." Rosa thinks aloud as she watches more people join the line. As much as she wants to take part in a battle of her own, or catch another Pokemon, the sight of that line's a pretty big ambition killer.

"I'm looking forward to getting mixed into some more battles. I'm sure Dynamo is too. I definately gotta get Buster out there next time..." He realized that he was just instinctiely calling his Marill that now. "Buster... heheh. Not a bad nickname for him I'd say. Wonder if that Arwyn guy would wanna battle later... our two Pokemon got into a heck of a scuffle earlier."

"Arwyn…?" How many Arwyn's could there be at this school? "That's a battle I'd like to see." Rosa smiles as she speaks, taking a Friend Ball from her belt and setting it in her lap beside Espeon. "Arwyn's pretty cool. He helped me catch a Sneasel in the caves."

"Oh yeah?" Ivrant got a little curious now... maybe maybe this would be a good chance to have a 2 on 2 battle... assuming anyways. "Heheh, any chance he caught a new Pokemon himself? Maybe we can get one going after everyone is all healed up."

"Mhm, he did." Rosa nods. Should she tell Ivrant what the new Pokemon was? It might not be fair; unless she then rushes to Arwyn and tells him what Pokemon Ivrant has. "Once they give Dynamo back, I'll help you track him down."

Mission failed! Looks like his other Pokemon would be a secret! Can't say he didn' try! "I gave him my number after are little scuffle but I don't think I got his. Expected him to throw me a message honestly heheh. I should uh, probly be more careful being so open. I think I've given my number to three other people too." Ivrant laughed. He couldn't help being such a social butterfly. "Possibly four if this keeps up huh?"

"I have his number." Rosa absentmindedly gestures to her Pokegear. "I...could call him." Actually, that sounds kind of strange. Calling to arrange a battle for someone else? Makes her sound a little bit like his secretary. "Er...maybe we should just wait on him." Yeah, that sounds less creepy.

"True. If he was with you then chances are he'd drop by the Pokemon Center sooner or later right?" Ivrant smiled, leaning back a bit on the chair. Though that comfort wouldnt last long as he was suddenly called on up to fetch Dynamo. "Ah, there we are!" Ivrant hopped off of his seat and rushed on up to grab the ball and let Dynamo out beside him. "Feeling better Dynamo?" Ivrant asked. The Rosellia gave off a confident smirk and nodded up to him as they walked back to their sea.

"Welcome back." Rosa waves to the rose Pokemon with a joyful smile. So this is what Roselia looked like up close, in real life. Is sort of has a regal air about it-- at least this one did. Maybe that's just Dynamo. "Feeling all rested up?"

Dynamo grinned up to the trainer and gave off a rather formal bow to her and also greeted the Espeon nearby. "Heheh, Guess that'd be a yes!" Ivrant said.

Autumn's ears twitch with curiosity as she studies the grass type. Slowly her tail unwraps from her body and she offers a small wave with it, she then returns the gesture by bowing her head.

"I can't wait to see you in action again." Rosa goes on. "That rapier technique is fantastic." She has to wonder how she and Autumn would fare against it, although she feels Autumn needs more time to acclimate to her surroundings before she takes part in battles against friends-- she's pretty shy as is.

"Alright, if you're planning on getting into another battle I think I'm going to head out myself. I'm gonna go to the library and do a bit of research into this thing." She said, holding out the same snowflake printed stone. "I'll be sure to message you if I find anything out, cya!" See said, heading for the exit of the center. "Oh, and feel free to snag my number from ivrant Rosa"

Ivrant was already on it! He pulled out his Pokegear and displayed the number so Rosa could write it down. And oh so conveiently displaying his own number as well. "Might as well at this point right? Good look over there Rylie! Give me a shout if you need a hand!"

"Good luck out there!" Rosa waves enthusiastically as Rylie heads off. Another phone number for her Pokegear-- oh, make that two. She's been at the school roughly three hours and already has more people she can, at the very least, call friendly, if not friends, than she ever did back home. Pokemon just bring people together, it seems.

Rosa picks up her Pokegear and inputs the two numbers, offering hers to Ivrant as well. "Will you give her my number too, please?"

"Course!" Ivrant said, already texting the number to Ryliie as it was displayed. Rylie could surely do the rest while she was busy. "Anndd there we go! That makes us friends!" He said, giving a playful pat on her shoulder. "Already looking good in the academy." Ivrant said. Dynamo even seemed to hop up in agreement.

"I never knew it was so easy." Rosa says in a joking tone (despite meaning every word). As Dynamo hops, the blue haired girl can't help but giggle in delight; something about those little legs springing up and down was just...a sight to see. Autumn, seeming to catch on to the happiness those around her are feeling, hops down from Rosa's lap and does a few tiny jumps by Dynamo's side.
"Well look at you, miss social." Rosa praises her (usually) shy Pokemon.

Dynamo smiled happily at Autumn after seeing her come down to join him. "Heheh... well now that we're all up and ready, might be a good chance to head out and see if we can get that battle hooked up. Or at the least, see what Buster can do before I blindly go into battle not knowing what moves it can pull off!"

"Mhm, and find out if he knows Belly Drum." Combine that move with Riley's berry-chomping strategy and you've got a pretty unstoppable mouse aqua-jetting its way across the battlefield. This will be a great battle.

...Who is she supposed to cheer for in this situation? You know what? Both. Both is good.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
YDwE2cr_d.jpg

060MS.png
Pupui The Poliwag

Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- Dorm -

Dorothy figured that the library could be a quick stop with comfortable seats to ponder in. That and the dorm is a few minutes trip. Were her energy as boundless as Pupui's then she'd wing it.

As to be expected, the library held less activity than the cafeteria. Groups would linger outside of its doors and socialize, but not to the blaring levels of the cafeteria doors.

Her hands dug through the bag for Pupui's pokeball, much to his dismay. "I'm sorry... but this is a library. Do you remember what we do in libraries?" Dorothy responded to his whine. To Pupui it looked nothing like the library he's used to, prompting him to shake his head. "Pupui, please," she pleads, kneeling down. "I promise you'll come out right after... okay?"

He hesitated, but an eventual response was given. It was a scoff and turn of the head.

She sighed in defeat. Normally her father was there to help her, to push her. In reality she firmly believed that by Pupui seeing that Mr. Roseland demand Dorothy to return him to his pokéball, then she wasn't the culprit.

Mr. Roseland is not here right now, nor will he be holding her hand for the rest of her life either. Unfortunately Dorothy was far too lenient, and that's why she never insisted Pupui to return. Instead they began to head over to their dorms.

There they settled down, the door locked for safety. Pupui plopped himself right on his tiny bed whereas Dorothy was engulfed by the pile of plush dolls in the corner of her room. It was her leisure spot, but she had no time for such.

Her mind kept rewinding her failures as a trainer. Over and over Dorothy mentally pointed out where she might have acted different, maybe then the following events would consist of them prevailing.

Cowardly. Slow. Stupid. Irresponsible. The self-inflicted insults kept coming, misty-eyes staring at the blue rope lights above. They hung like one large chandelier, caking the room with light blue.

Dorothy rummaged through her bag, aiming to eat a quick snack to to drown her sorrows. Hopefully one cookie would suffice.

The note with Ivrants contact information conveniently tumbled out of its hiding during the search. At first Dorothy paid no mind to it, not seeing this as the right time to talk to someone. Then again...

She found the cookies, heart somewhat uplifted and, furthermore, convinced herself to text. Might it be too soon? Might he think she's weird for texting during the same day? Will she say something stupid?

First the number was added to her contacts to avoid future confusion. Then she got to texting.

Or tried to. Butterflies formed in her stomach, fingers becoming rigid on the digital keyboard. "O-oh, what if I mess up? I don't want to... I don't want him to think I'm-"

Ding. Something sent. "W-what? Wait, no!" Panic ensued, worsening upon seeing what she had accidentally messaged:

Jjjjdsjsndkdsjsjjjjjjjjjjjjj.

"Oh no... oh nononono." So engrossed into her worries that she had been pressing on the digital keyboard without noticing. "I gotta send something now... I gotta... eek," Dorothy whined, letting out a small cry of dread.

Hai hello mister please please ignore the last text please it was an accident i promise

It was sent out of trepidation without revisions or double checking. The cell was gently, yet with trembling hands, set down on the floor. Fear outweighed curiosity, making her too fearful to read. Despite this she kept staring at her device, a small piece of her hoping for some sort of response.

But she was okay without one too.
Day 1

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
- Aoife Breen -
Crashes into hello!
@ Dallas

Aoife made sure to check her black satchel, making sure it was packed with everything she figured would be needed. Poké balls, berries, even neon orange markers, were all placed neatly in their own sections. And, of course, the redhead had her handy-dandy map. It wasn't detailed or anything, not enough to navigate the woods, but it was good to have anyway.

What she didn't spot was her collapsible knee-brace, although the girl knew it was there, in the hidden pocket at the bottom of the bag. It wasn't something she wanted others seeing, and despite not wanting to lug it around, Aoife understood it was important she have it. A quick sigh later, the redhead zipped her satchel up, lowered the front flap, and grabbed her map.

"Alright, so…" Aoife started, mumbling some kind of plan to herself, with Mona following a pace behind her.

"Esp!" the some cat cried, but the redhead didn't respond in time and ended up bumping into another student. She'd been too engrossed in the map and her thoughts that Aoife didn't see the boy until it was too late. Like, crashed into hello too late…

He had dark hair and honey-coloured eyes, which were unlike any Aoife had seen. Instead of staring, however, she quickly turned to the side, her face suddenly feeling very warm.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to…" she managed, turning back to face him with a sheepish grin. Mona, on the other hand, found herself behind her trainer, quietly observing the situation…

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant: On the way outside

As Ivrant was walking outside with Rosa, Ivrant felt his Pokegear Vibrate. He quickly pulled it out and saw he had two messages. At first he thought it was some spam message but the second message quickly convinced him that it was that one girl from when he left his Dorm. Dorothy. "Oh She's precious..." Ivrant mutteed to himself with a small chuckle as he quickly formed up a response. It had to be Dorthy. It just matched how she was when they first met after all! Must have still been nervous about the first day. Ivrant was alot happier he was such a social butterfly suddenly

"Hey Dorothy :) First day going well? Going to be training in front of the Pokemon Center if you want to drop by. Hoping to battle a friend soon." Ivrant replied before sending the text. Ivrant had a feeling she was going to be way too adorable for his health to handle.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney was far too excited about her capture to worry about the small disagreement she and Naomi had had with each other although on the way back she tried to make sure she didn't let her enthusiasm show too much – it seemed like Naomi was a bit of a grump overall. But that was okay, the world needed all sorts of people, right? After the two parted ways Sydney made sure to head to the Pokémon Centre to get her Pokémon checked out. Pokémon – plural! Miko was mostly unscathed after their little adventure but Cutiefly needed checking over. It was a long line to actually get seen with everyone taking advantage of the free day to do some catching of their own, not to mention the constant battling taking place almost everywhere she looked. That was something she would have to get in on if she could… she thought she'd handled herself pretty well against the wild Spearow, and Cutiefly of course, but an actual battle against another Trainer was a different thing entirely.

Nurse Joy gave Cutiefly the full "new catch" check-up though and was able to give Sydney some basic information but she already knew she was going straight to the library to learn as much as she could. Her father had raised her with a strong respect for the power that knowledge granted and since she knew next to nothing about Cutiefly that meant she was effectively powerless – not something she could let slide if she wanted to become a top class battler. Once she had the tiny creatures Poke Ball back she wove her way through the crowds, resisting the urge to stop and watch the battles going on, heading for the library to do some serious studying. Along the way she fired a message off to her dad to see if he could tell her anything particularly useful, as a Pokémon Researcher he had to know something she could use in the short term while she took care of her own long term studies. Suicune Dorm was the place for the people who could battle and who knew their Caterpie from their Wurmple after all so she couldn't settle for anything less than being the best.

With Cutiefly on her side she not only had a Bug type now, but a Fairy type too, according to what Nurse Joy had told her. It made sense with how adorable it was that it would have the Fairy typing in there but she wasn't as familiar with that type as she was with Bug, so that would be a whole field of study all by itself. She was also going to have to think up a name for the critter… something suitably sweet! That would help make people underestimate it, along with its tiny size. It probably didn't pack too much of a punch so she was going to have to get inventive in battle. Although that wasn't too different from how she was going to have to work with Miko, Pachirisu wasn't exactly a powerhouse Pokémon. She continued to muse to herself as she entered the library, sitting down at one of the computer terminals and searching the database for whatever information she could drag up. Going by what Nurse Joy had said Cutiefly were indigenous to the Alola region so there probably wouldn't be a lot of hard copy books about it here, although she'd have to check out some textbooks about Fairy Pokémon. For once Miko was safely ensconced inside her own Poke Ball meaning Sydney could study in peace for a change. At least she hoped so.

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant VS Arwyn (With Rosa and Lucas commentating)

After Ivrant finished his text he gave a off a nice long stretch. He was glad to at least be getting a head start in battling but he had to make sure not to go too overboard. Despite Dynamo's bravado, he could only handle so many Pokemon Center trips. He had a whole island to explore after all! And plenty more friends to meet surely. Right now he at least should get Buster a bit of training so he isn't sitting in his ball for too long.

After training Klink and Scraggy, Arwyn noticed his Pokémon, both tired. ''I guess I should take them to a Pokémon center.'' With that, he headed for the Pokémon center. He knew Rosa was there too, maybe he will see her again? It was just a short walk to the Pokémon center, and he was surprised to find both Rosa and Ivrant there.

As if fate had brought all the pieces together, Arwyn was right on his way to the Pokemon Center as well! Just on time too. He quickly waved him on over. "Hey! Arwyn right?" Ivrant called out, just making sure he still had the name right. "Heard you've been busy. You still up for a battle? I got a bit of training off with Dynamo after that last scuffle and got a new Pokemon myself. Wouldn't mind putting that to the test if you are."

"We meet again." Rosa offers a polite wave as she sees Arwyn walking in. It's only been an hour or so since they parted ways, but it's still nice to see a familiar face in this unfamiliar setting.

''Oh.. hey! Ivrant right? And good to see you again Rosa. A battle? Sure, but I need to heal my Pokémon first. Is that alright with you?'' He didn't expect to get into his first battle like this, being challenged like this, but it should surely be a good experience for Arwyn's team, right?

"Heh. Sure we'll wait outside. I just finished healing my Pokemon so take your time to prep up. We'll be right o the battlefield in front of the center so I'll be sure to meet ya there." Ivrant said. Dyanmo was right by Ivrant's feet and looked up at Arwyn with a confident grin. He was eager to battle as ever!

Running into the Pokémon center, Arwyn felt really excited all of a sudden. A battle huh? He couldn't say no. ''Hello, could you heal my Pokémon, please?'' He said to the nurse. He took a look around the Pokémon center. It looks so modern. Quite different than the one from Undella Town, which looks kind of old. After that, he went outside, and talked to Ivrant. ''I am ready for our battle.''

"Good luck to both of you! We'll be watching, right, Autumn?" Rosa gestures to her Espeon, who gives a polite nod. Rosa's as excited as ever to see a Pokemon battle, and it's always nice to see her so perky.

As Lucas left the dorm building, he saw two trainers going onto one of the battlefields. A battle could be fun to watch. I'll at least get an idea of what they're capable of, Lucas thought as he walked over to the battlefield.

After getting properly prepared, Ivrant stood on his side of the battlefield and faced down Arwyn. He already had one victory so far! Time to see if he could get a win streak going! This would be a perfect chance to see what his new Pokemon could pull off as well. "Alright Buster, first battle for you! Lets go!" Ivrant called out as he let out his newly caught Mariill.

A beachball mouse Pokémon came out. Arwyn believed this was a Marill. A water and fairy type. ''Interesting. So you caught a Marill? Then I will use my new Pokémon as well! Klink, this is your time to shine!'' He threw the pokéball with force, and out came the gear Pokémon. His gears were running, which means he was ready to battle.

"Marill versus Klink. This should be good." Rosa beams as she takes her seat on a grassy patch near the battle squares, Autumn sitting at her side. "Oh, why don't you come out too? This should be fun." Rosa murmurs as she calls forth her new Sneasel. She should really spend some time with this one before she pins a name on him, and it's far too nice a day to keep someone cooped up in their ball.

"Alright Buster! Us-" The Marill already seemed ready to rush into battle as it didn't hesitate to use Aqua Jet and ram into the Klink as soon as it came out. "Uh- ok then! Aqua Jet it is!" He had a feeling Buster was more of a attack first ask questions later sort of Pokemon! To be fair, Ivrant was going to start with that anyways!

"Did...Ivrant ever look up what moves Marill knows?" Rosa whispers, to which Autumn gave a look of confusion. Did he? She didn't see, but maybe?

The aqua jet hit Klink in the face immediately as it came out. ''Not bad at all. Klink, use Charge! Get your gears going!'' The gears began running faster and sparks were seen coming off Klink. ''NOW we're ready.'' Arwyn had confidence that they could defeat this Marill, as long as Klink was charged up, which practically makes it ready for battle in this state. Klink's facial expressions didn't change, but you could tell it was fired up and ready for battle.

That electricity looked concerning to Ivrant. But he started to think about what Rosa was mentioning before with Belly Drum. He had no idea what it did but it was a threatening move right? He decided to take a shot in the wind to see if his Marill knew the move. "Alright Buster" Ivrant flinched a bit, hoping that Buster wouldn't charge in again. "...Belly Drum!" Ivrant called out. Luckily for him, Buster seemed to respond! He seemed to roughly pound at his own belly several times. Okay... he hurt himself? That didn't seem to be too efficient but he could feel a threatening force emitting from Buster all of a sudden... That marill still seemed happy as every despite the threatening feeling Ivrant couldn't shake off.

Belly drum?! What is that move. Whatever it was, it seemed dangerous. Arwyn wasn't going to let that stand though! Klink was charged up, this should work! ''Klink, use Vice grip!'' At high speed, Klink came at the Marill and slammed him his loaded-up gears. It seemed to hurt Marill, but Arwyn was concerned over what the Marill was going to do.

Buster ended up getting slammed up by those charged up gears and funny enough, Buster was already looking super exhausted... the battle hadn't even lasted that long! Still, he had to see what was going to happen next. "alright Buster, one more time, Aqua Jet!" Ivrant callled out. This time it seemed different. Like some intense force was forming around the Marill. As soon as that stream of water appeared and pushed the Maril forward the mere motion gave off an extreme intensity. Whatever was getting hit by this next attack was going to feel it for the rest of the day! And Buster just had that wide grin on his face as he charged forward to his opponent.

"It worked!" Rosa whispered excitedly. While she still refused to pick sides, it was nice to see the strategy she suggested for Marill paid off-- except that he didn't get the chance to put a berry, on Buster, so the little guy banged himself up a bit too... still, it's working!

The Marill came against Klink with an incredible force, that he has never seen before. Klink couldn't even dodge that if he tried. Klink was hit with the great force. When the smoke cleared up that was caused by Marill's attack, Klink was on the ground, fainted. Klink's gears stopped turning, and it looked quite agitated, ''K-k-klink!!'' Arwyn ran to Klink. ''You did a good job out there, i'm proud of you.'' Arwyn returned Klink to his Pokéball. ''W-what was that?!''

"H-holy crap!" Ivrant stated out in surprise. He felt that hit too! Buster himself seemed to be knocked out from the initial hit as well. Whatever Belly Drum did, really put Buster down for the count. Maybe this is what Rosa was talking about when using that berry strategy. If Belly drum hurt Buster as much as it did, having a way to heal up would be smart for next time. He didn't expect something so powerful though! Buster still had that wide goofy smile of his even as he fell down. Even though he got knocked out, Buster seemed to be very pleased to have broke something with its sheer force. He definitely had a beserker mentality. Ivrant returned Buster back into his ball. "I uh... should probly look into those moves next time. It must have been from Belly Drum. Geez that really is scary!" Ivrant chuckled bashfully. He had to really research his Pokemon more before he went off and sent one out to the field like that. Especially with a Pokemon like Buster. He was afraid he'd charge into the first thing it saw next time it got out and about.

''I-it.. really is..but we still have one more Pokémon left. Go, Scraggy!'' Scraggy came out of it's Pokéball, looking ready for battle as well. He must know who he's up against. ''This will be.. rough. These two don't seem to like each other very much.'' Arwyn himself was excited for this battle too, though. He was excited to let Ivrant see how strong his partner was.

"Alright lets go Dynamo!" Ivrant called out, throwing out his ball and of course giving off that same unique effect from his Pokeball as red petals emerged and surrounded Dynamo before finally fading and revealing the Rosellia. He quickly caught note of his Opponent and stared him down. The wrongdoer from before... Dynamo didn't hesitate to change into its fencer stance to finally show this Scraggy what for! "Dynamo is my start player. Hope your ready Arwyn!" Ivrant called out confidently.

Dynamo seemed ready to go. Not a problem. Scraggy seemed more than ready as well. ''It looks like we'll have the first move. Scraggy, use feint attack!'' Scraggy neared Dynamo disarmingly, then when it was behind it, left a surprise attack on it, hitting it in the back. ''Good job, Scraggy! You pulled that off perfectly!''

Such dirty form... Dynamo wasn't pleased with such a sneaky attack but it did manage to catch him off guard. He wasn't about to let something like that strike him directly again though. "...Ruffian, did no one teach you proper form?" Dynamo said to the Scraggy. Ivrant quickly called out the next move.

"Power Whip!" Ivrant shouted. The Rosellia smirked and swiftly stepped forward and swiped at the Scraggy with an extended sharp vine several times.

''Eh hehe, I ain't scared of y'all. Keep them vines to yerself!'' Scraggy said in a cheeky tone. ''I'll show ya i'm not a person to be messin' with! I'll keep ya entertained with some of them tricks I have!'' Scraggy seemed even more fired up than before. Arwyn called up Scraggy's next move. ''Scraggy, use Feint Attack again!'' Scraggy walked up to Roselia, pointed to the air in the other direction. ''Look out! That's one of them dangerous Pokémon!'' Dynamo looked up, but saw nothing. That's when Scraggy attacked. Dynamo fell back, but something didn't seem right. Scraggy suddenly seemed.. sick? Scraggy was poisoned by Dymano's poison point!

Things were going so well in Scraggy's favor, and then suddenly...he looked kind of ill. Did Dynamo use a Poison Powder without being told? No, that would have been easy to spot. It...must have the Poison Point ability, like Nidoran, maybe? "That's a super useful ability..." She murmurs to herself, while also making a mental note not to go against Roselia with any physical moves.

Dynamo smirked confidently. It seemed that even he wasn't above relying to sneaky little tricks such as that. Dynamo's vine retracted and hopped backwards. Time to take a more long ranged approach. Ivrant himself seemed to have the same idea. "Alright lets get on the defensive while he's poisoned Dynamo. Sludge Bomb!" He called out. Dynamo flung its arms forward and released a large sludge ball aimed straight for Scraggy.

''Scraggy, this is not the end! Do something!'' Scraggy seemed to not move at all, suddenly though... a white skin seemed to come off Scraggy. This must be shed skin! However, a Sludge Bomb was still heading for Scraggy. When Scraggy was done shedding it's skin, it met face-to-face with a ball of disgusting sludge. It hit Scraggy right in the face, knocking him down.

Lucas cringed as the Scraggy got hit in the face with a Sludge Bomb. He had been watching the battle intently, analyzing each person's style, Pokemon, and the Pokemons' moves. both of the trainers were confident in their ability to win, making for an intense battle. Lucas could not tell who was going to win, for both had good, strong Pokemon.

"Alright Dynamo, get back in there!" Ivrant shouted out. Dynamo continued to show off his flair, flinging a sharp vine beside the scraggy and using the leverage to pull himself closer to him. Once the vine retracted, he used his right arm's vine to once again swipe at the Scraggy with Power Whip once again!

With a huge whip coming at Scraggy, and him lying on the ground, Arwyn didn't feel good about this. ''Scraggy, Nooooo!!!!'' The vine hit Scraggy perfectly in the face. ''Y-you... yer a scum....'' mustered Scraggy before falling backwards. Scraggy lost.... Scraggy could feel his rage piling up inside it's body, but he was too hurt to do anything about it.... Dynamo smirked at his fallen opponent and held its vine down to the defeated opponent triumphantly. ''Scraggy! ....you did your best. I am very proud of you. With Scraggy in his arms, he just sat there. Scraggy kept looking at the Roselia, who kept smirking at him. ''I'll get ye someday, Dynamo. Do not think this is the last y'all seen of me.''
Dynamo proudly cheered in victory, using his vine to carve out a large capital D where the Scraggy was left fainted. A bit over the top and even corny yet, that was just how Dynamo was. Could have been worse. He could have went for overkill and left it on the Scraggy. Luckily he returned to his ball before Dynamo could even think about it. "Hardly worth the trouble" Dynamo thought to himself.

"Phew... good battle there Dynamo. Both of you." Ivrant said. Dynamo also seemed to be looking right up at Dynamo quite confidently also as he gave a formal bow to his opponents before Ivrant returned him to his ball.

Lucas got up as the battle came to a close. They both fought well, Lucas thought as he walked away.

''........Thanks..''Arwyn stood up, and shook Ivrant's hand. ''That was a good battle. Poison Point really decided the match there.'' Arwyn was sad inside, but also felt.. happiness? Is this what being a trainer is really like? This is the first type of happiness Arwyn has felt in... years.

"Yeah it really did. Honestly if that didn't work I'd have opted for Stun Spore myself. Dynamo is pretty frail physically, but he's got some good ways to protect himself. I'm surprised how effective he is in close quarters. He watches a lot of movies with me whenever I'm back home playing with seals for Pokeballls. I figure he may have stole a few techniques from them. So far he was sitting on two victories. Ivrant was feeling extremely confident in his skill as a trainer so far. He felt like taking on the whole island now!

''How awesome. I think Scraggy would like those movies as well. Anyway, I am going to have to let my Pokémon get a rest. I assume yours need a rest too right?'' With that, Arwyn started walking to the Pokémon Center.

"Nicely done, don't you guys thi--" Rosa turns to look at Autumn and her new Sneasel, only to see that the little dark type had snuck off, and was currently hiding behind a tree with a playful smirk on its face. Does...he think she can't see him? "You're...going to be a handful." With a little smile, Rosa stands up and offers the two trainers a polite applause as they head for the center.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dallas Yukira - Road to Oak Town @ Aoife Breen :

While Dallas exited the dorms, he had ignored the battles on the battlefield. If he wanted, he could watch them from his room something. It was the first day. He had better things to do than and he knew there would be more than enough battles to watch later.

He wore black pants and a dark grey t-shirt. He thought about wearing his short sleeved jacket, but he knew it was far too warm, especially when he was used to Snowbelle City. Besides, he didn't really want people to know what dorm he was in. Some would want to battle him because he was in blue. If they didn't know what dorm he was in, it would be less likely for people to challenge him to a battle, which he really didn't want to do at this moment in time. He wanted to find ingredients and possibly a new pokemon.

Even though he wore what he did, he could sense eyes staring at him, but it just made him smile.

"Let them look. Who knows... maybe they just love my shirt." He grinned confidently.

A few minutes passed and he had stopped to look at his hologram map, double checking to make sure the road, to Oak Town, started up ahead. He nodded and closed the map, but before he started moving again, he thought he heard a pokemon cry out followed by someone walking into him. He stumbled back a few inches, but he regained his balance.

She seemed to have been looking at her map, just like he was. There eyes met, but she quickly looked away and apologized then turned back to face him.

"That's fine. I shouldn't have stopped in the middle of the walk way to look at my map on the first day." He smiled back, no longer sensing the gazes of those who were watching him.

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Ah the great outdoors! Silvana found herself not far from the academy grounds, stepping out just far enough to be faced with a mountain range and a chilly breeze. Looking behind her, she could no longer see the academy. It had been that way for what felt like a good ten, twenty minutes now? She mostly just kept track of the time by observing the position of the sun, which wasn't exactly super precise. Glancing back down at her map, she did a double take at the scene in front of her. If she was here and the mountains were there and there was snow in the distance...

Yup. She was completely lost.

She was looking for a forest! Silvana's chest tightened with anxiety. Man, maps made the world look so much easier to navigate than they actually were! What if she got lost out here and never found her way back?? A chirping sound from behind her made Silvana jump a bit. Spinning about, she found herself face to face with an... Emolga? Huh. They were a bit bigger than she was expecting. The flying squirrel pokemon looked up at Silvana with questioning eyes, curious as to her presence. "...Alright, I guess this is going to be my first battle." Silvana remarked, taking out her one and only pokeball and priming it. "Go, Carbuncle!" she announced, tossing her ball. It bounced ineffectually off of the ground without releasing anything.

" . . . Uhm."

<hr>
Meanwhile, at the beach not far from the academy.

A jigglypuff wearing a pair of plastic sunglasses can be found lounging in a kid-sized beach chair with a glass of lemonade and not a care in the world. It takes a sip, content with the knowledge that it is having a great time.

<hr>
Back not far from the icy plains, Silvana awkwardly crept over to her fallen pokeball without breaking eyecontact with the passively watching emolga and picked it up. Looking through the translucent red top, she discovered that it was empty. ...When had this happened?? That little flaker! She quietly pondered the nature of Carbuncle's betrayal for a moment as her ball fell back to her side. Her gaze returned to the Emolga. It hadn't really moved much since she encountered it. It was just kind of watching her expectantly, as if patiently waiting for something. Huh. She guessed this wasn't the worst time to find out she was without a partner. It seemed pretty friendly. And then, almost immediately after she dropped her guard and started to ponder heading back to the academy, the emolga made a move. It was as if in direct reaction to her thoughts. A devilish grin manifested on the pokemon's face and it shifted forward confrontationally, its cheeks emitting sparks of electricity. A little yelp of alarm escaped Silvana as she observed this, recoiling rather hard and half-turning to run without actually putting her foot down.

"G-Good pokemon? Good..?" she nervously stammered out, but it was of no use. The emolga lunged at her and a girly scream of fright could be heard as Silvana was sent fleeing into the icy plains, an Emolga tailing her with thundershocks on her tail.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant: Pokemon Center

After the rough battle, Ivrant once again had his Pokemon healed properly in the Pokemon Center. It'd probly be best to take it easy on trainer battles for a little while to think up some more proper techniques. The nurse even explained to Ivrant what moves the Marill had. He was in such a rush the first time that he didn't even stay for the first explanation. He'd have to keep that in mind next time he caught something out in the wild. He still had to fill in alot of holes with his team but he'd worry about that another time. No need to rush things! Ivrant turned back to Rosa and Arwyn.

"Phew... well that was basicly everything I had planned for the day. What are you guys all up too for the rest of the day?I Might grab a bite to eat myself if you all wanna tag along. I'm expecting another friend of mine to drop by too so hopefully she dosn't miss us..." Ivrant said, checking his Pokegear occasionally.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Silvana emitted a shuddering, squelched yell as a shockwave struck her backside, seizing her muscles up and sending her bodily to the ground. For a moment she was dazed, awkwardly clawing at the snow before a furry head brushed up against her and sent another painful jolt down her body. Moving hurt. The snow against her exposed skin hurt. The thing that made her want to cry the most, however, was the furry creature crawling on top of her.

"D-Don't eat me!! I'm not t-tasty I pro-promise!! WAAAA!!" Silvana squealed in terror before bursting into tears, sort of halfway curling into a ball in a defensive position. The emolga gazed upon her tear-stained face, complete with a runny nose and constant sniveling. ...Yeah, it would probably take her word for that. For a long moment Silvana just sort of laid there, trembling with anxiety for whatever would come next. The Emolga crawled onto her chest and slippsed its way past the throat guard, leaning into her throat. Silvana reflexively turned her head away, bracing herself. This was how it ended, right? Before Silvana could finish that thought, the Emolga did something bizarre. It squeezed its way betwixt her breastplate and her blouse as best it could and snuggled up to her.

...Why though??

Silvana's brows furrowed almost immediately. Was she going to live or not? Because she'd really like that but it wasn't going to happen if she laid around in the freezing snow for a whole lot longer. It took her a long moment of bewilderment, but a shivering sensation against her bosom suddenly clued her in. ...The emolga was cold too. It had chased her into an environment it couldn't thrive in! She still wasn't sure why it had chased her, but she now understood why it was being weird. It was snuggling into her for warmth. Silvana took a deep breath, feeling a shifting in response as her chest rose slightly. Alright. Well. She wasn't dead yet. Maybe if she played her cards right... Silvana slowly shifted to get back to her feet, only to catch a harsh glare from the emolga as she did. Stopping in her tracks, Silvana winced.

" . . . You wanna stay there?" she nervously asked. From its position nestled against her very heart, the emolga nodded in confirmation. ...Huh. It understood her. She knew Carbuncle was just a lazy faker. Faker flaker. ...Jerkpuff. She was a little sore about that, understandably, but honestly if she could just... get home safe that would be good enough for her right now. "Okaaay... Just don't h-hurt me, okay?" Silvana replied, hugging herself a bit for warmth. In response, she received only a glare. Silvana whimpered, but fell silent. Maybe if she just... didn't bother it she could get some help. Just take nice, even steps. Don't rock the boat...

The crunching of snow could be heard from nearby. Silvana once again stopped in her tracks. Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted a bergmite chittering aggressively after her. ...Dangit all. The emolga lazily poked its head out to see what all the fuss was about, apparently unimpressed with the bergmite. The bergmite bounced forward a good foot and Silvana promptly freaked out, turning tail and fleeing back toward the academy--or in the general direction she thought it was in, anyway. She was actually heading closer to Oak Town. The sounds of a painful electric shock could be heard as she fled, causing her to stumble and fall to her knees briefly--but this time the pokemon chasing her was... Well, it crawled at a snails pace, waddling along with a vengeance. Even with the emolga's help, it could not catch her.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Grabbing a bite to eat huh? Truthfully, Arwyn WAS a bit hungry. "I guess I can tag along to eat something, no problem." Arwyn was hoping Dynamo and Scraggy wouldn't cause eachother any trouble during eating. Scraggy looked very angry at Dynamo the whole time after the battle ended. Arwyn is just hoping he won't regret this.

Last edited:
Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png

The Academy Library

"Eternia, the City of History…. Evolution and its Mysteries… Evolution, a Primer… Falkner, an Autobiography… Ugh! Again nothing!" Rylie exclaimed, slamming her hand on one of the rather empty shelves. "I've checked for stones, ice, and now evolution! Everything is already gone!" She continued with her frustrated rant. As she turned around to check another shelf she was met with the gazes of several people staring at her, clearly her outburst in the formerly quiet library didn't go unnoticed. Failing to keep composed, Rylie retreated behind one of the taller bookshelves before turning a darker shade of red than she thought possible.

"Day one and you've already managed to make a fool of yourself, good going…" Rylie muttered under her breath, scolding herself harshly. Her original plan was to try to check out a book while the Library was busy, figuring she wouldn't attract much attention as long as she didn't hang around, so much for that idea. Slinging her backpack over her shoulder she made her way towards the exit in attempt to preserve what little couth she had left.

"Excuse me." A soft voice called from behind, causing Rylie to flinch a bit as her escape is halted. Dreadfully, she turned around to meet this saboteur of plans.

"Erm… Hello." Rylie quietly said in response, looking over this person. She seemed to be a rather, small, mousy looking woman in professional looking clothing.

"Perhaps this is what you're looking for." She continued, holding a book out in front of her.

Rylie quietly took the book from the woman, flipping it over to its side she read the title of the book out loud. "Methods of Evolution… Thank you, this should work." She said, finding it hard to keep eye contact with her out of embarrassment.

"I've already checked it out in your name, you just need to sign the card on the inside cover." The woman said, giving Rylie a bit of a nod. "Oh, and next time. Try to be a little bit quieter, this is a library after all." She said in a scolding tone.

"T-Thank you, will do." Rylie responded, just about as red faced as before. Stowing the book away, she continued her way towards the exit, finally managing to escape the library.

Megaman765

Years
"Sounds good!" Ivrant said happily. Battling really got him hungry for some reason. All that shouting and excitement was probably enough. He'd never battled and trained this much in one sitting after all. His Pokemon were no doubt starving as well after all the work they put in today. And it was practically lunch time! Time sure flied in the Academy and he already had met several different trainers he'd have to catch up with soon. Next time he had some time on his own, Ivrant had a couple of things he'd have to take care of with his team and back at the dorm. Maybe he should battle more trainers after all though? It wouldn't hurt to get a good amount of training off at least. Though getting to know Buster better would probly be a better idea before hoping into another fight like that.

"We can meet over by the Cafeteria and fetch some lunch over there." Ivrant added in. Dynamo didn't seem to be paying any attention to Scraggy. Like he wasn't worth the trouble now that he had beaten him.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
''Sure, let's go.'' Scraggy leered at Dynamo, but the rose Pokémon didn't even bother. ''Tsk, what a high an' mighty thing you are! Just 'cause you beat me this time, don't mean you will the next.'' Scraggy was very upset about the whole thing. He kept glaring until Arwyn called. ''Scraggy, we are going to eat, come with me.'' Scraggy followed it's trainer, but didn't let Dynamo leave his eye.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric was heading towards the coast, and saw something scurry by.

Intrigued by this mystery critter, he decided to sneak up on it. Litleo instinctively came out of its Pokeball for a "hunt".

The "prey" today, apparently was a Wimpod.

"Litleo. Don't do ANYTHING! Just be patient!" Eric said.

Litleo let instinct take over, ignoring Eric's orders, and used Tackle.

The Wimpod was spooked, and Eric had no choice but to throw a Pokeball and capture it in order to prevent Litleo from harming it more.

Eric threw with his left hand. One.... Two... Three... CLICK! Wimpod was caught.

Apparently it didn't want to fight, but knew Struggle Bug, Aqua Jet, and Metal Claw, and was level 8.

Eric picked up the used Pokeball, and returned Litleo into its own. Attaching both to his belt.

Suddenly, Eric got a call from his Holo Caster.

"Unknown Number..." Eric read.

"Is this Eric Damon?" A deep voice said.

Eric replied with "Yes. What is it? And who are you?"

"I'm DeShawn Owen, of the International Police." The stranger told him.

"Wait... Was Peggy your daughter?" Eric asked, puzzled. "I plan on doing whatever I can to find those responsible to justice. Yes, sir!"

"I know. She must've meant the world to you. I couldn't make it to the funeral due to a break in an unrelated case. The reason I'm calling you is that because Team Rocket revealed that you are a Person of Interest. And Unfortunately, you're on it. Just be careful and become the best Trainer you can. Your life may depend on it." DeShawn explained.

"What does Team Rocket want with me?" Eric asked, incredibly shocked.

"I don't know, Eric. All I know if that you're on the list, but the Oak Academy drove them away once. If Team Rocket returns, You're in the safest place you can possibly be. Especially with my sister Lenora in the faculty. Anyway, I gotta go. Good luck." The Holo Caster conversation ended, and Eric proceeded to go back to his dorm room, where he was safest. His heart was racing knowing that if Team Rocket came after him now, he was doomed. On the way he felt obligated to heal his Pokémon comrades at the Pokémon Center.

Eric then saw some other Trainers, and sat down immediately after getting his Pokeballs back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ech

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan and Sydney Ramirez
Roadside Battle (Day 1)

Sydney forwarded the most promising files to herself from the library database so that she could study them in her room later and checked out one of the text books on Fairy types. She'd gathered the absolute basics well enough but she wanted to make sure she was fully prepared before she sent Cutiefly into battle and that meant more than just academic study. It meant shopping! Or at least browsing. The shops back in Oak Town were bound to have some items that could be used to either benefit or hinder a Pokemon like Cutiefly in battle and checking over them, even listening to what the clerks had to say, could give her a lot of useful information the library might not be able to provide.

She slipped the book into her bag before thanking the librarian and setting off towards the road to Oak Town once more.

After the battle, Lucas started heading towards Oak Town. He needed Poke Balls if he wanted to grow his team, and he was fresh out. As Lucas left the Academy, he pulled out Aaron's Poke Ball and brought out the little Steel type. The Aron chirped and started bouncing along next to Lucas. He smiled at the Pokemon's enthusiasm. Lucas was thinking about what else to do once he got to Oak Town. I need Poke Balls, and it would be smart to check what TM's the have there. As he was thinking, his hand touched something warm and hard. He stopped, pulling the item out of his pocket, he saw that it was the stone he got from the volcano. Now that he was taking a look at it, he recognized it as a Fire Stone, which he could use to turn his Growlithe into an Arcanine. Lucas put the stone in his bag and resumed walking.

Sydney walked along the now familiar path, going over the information she had gathered in her mind. Cutiefly was going to be a great help against Dragon types which she hadn't expected, but as well as strengths this Fairy typing brought a bunch of issues too... still, as much as she studied sooner or later she was going to have to get involved in a real battle. Wild Pokemon were all well and good but they could never offer the same challenge as another Trainer and their Pokemon.

And there was no way she could handle a battle like that with Cutiefly yet, she hadn't even had a battle with Miko yet and they'd actually trained. Just the thought of it gave her Beautiflys in her stomach... but maybe the sooner she got the first one out of the way the better. It was always going to be the hardest, right? Yeah, why not, she could totally have a battle! Now that the decision was made she started scanning the road around her for any potential opponents.

Spotting a boy, mostly by his shock of orange hair, some distance ahead of her she grinned and started jogging towards him. "Hey! Hey there, wait up a sec!" She called out.

Lucas was checking the map on his Pokenav when he heard a girl behind him. He nearly dropped his Pokenav, not expecting someone to talk to him. He pocketed the Pokenav and turned around to face the girl. He recognized her, but he couldn't remember where from. Then he realized that she was the blue and black haired girl he saw in the cafeteria. Lucas wasn't sure why he would remember seeing her, but he responded with slightly confused "Hey."

Oh it's the vomit boy. Do not say vomit. Don't say it. Don't think about it!

Putting a tight leash on her thoughts she flashed him a big grin - that always made people like her back home - and stuck out her hand. "Hey! I'm Sydney, Suicune Dorm and... uh... listen, I've been seeing everyone battling today and wanted to dive in, but I don't really know how you're supposed to start this sort of thing. I mean, they say you lock eyes but that's a really strange thing to do with someone you don't even know and... right. Anyway. I guess this is a challenge? To battle, I mean. With Pokemon."

"Uh.. Sure." Lucas said, a little surprised by the sudden challenge. He had been wanting to battle someone, so he was looking forward to this. Wow, she talks a lot, he thought. "So... what kind of battle?" Lucas asked. Normal people introduce themselves, idiot! Lucas thought angrily. "I'm Lucas by the way. I'm also in Suicune Dorm." he said showing her his Dorm jacket. Lucas returned Aaron, thinking about what Pokemon to use, depending on which battle type Sydney chose.

"Oh awesome, thank you! And I guess just a one on one battle? I'm glad my first battle will be against someone from the same dorm, that way us Suicune folk don't lose face no matter what happens! Soooo..." Sydney looked around, not having really thought this through. "I guess just, like, off the side of the road? I've seen people doing that all day."

"Seems OK," Lucas replied, stepping off the road and into the field next to it. What Pokemon should I use? Donna is already a higher level than Ace or Aaron, and she's already seen Aaron. But Ace only knows two damaging moves. But he can recover and he knows Will-O-Wisp. However, Aaron has the most type coverage. Aaron would be a smart choice, but I feel like she'd be expecting it too much. I think Ace will be able to win this for me Lucas grabbed Ace's Poke Ball as he got ready to battle another trainer.

Okay, so this was really happening! And it had been so easy, of course other people wanted to battle too! Now all that was left was to make sure she didn't make a fool out of herself or, more importantly, Miko. There was no way she was going to have her first battle using anyone else.

"Alright Miko, let's do this!" She called out, hoping she sounded like a proper Trainer, as she pulled the Poke Ball from her satchel bag and flung it into the air, releasing the Pachirisu in a swirl of energy.

...Do I pick that back up now, or after, or...? They never show that part on the tournaments on TV...

She realized that revealing her Pokemon first was a bit of a tactical disadvantage but it wasn't like she had any other choices. She hadn't even properly met Cutiefly yet - she would hold off on that until she knew enough about the Pokemon to make sure it had everything it needed - and she and Miko had been preparing for this moment for a long time.

Lucas looked as Sydney called out a Pachirisu. This made Lucas want to rethink his decision, but he decided against it and he threw his Poke Ball, and Ace jumped out. He shook his head, waking himself up from his nap. Lucas caught the ball as it bounced back to him. Ace growled at the electric squirrel in front of him.

A Growlithe... a very popular Fire type Pokemon, evolution Arcanine. It was a fairly neutral type match up for Miko on the surface of things - a bit better than Sydney had hoped for. The only problem was that Sydney couldn't tell what gender it was, meaning the Technical Machine she had blown a good chunk of her birthday money the year before might not be much use. She couldn't rely on Iron Tail to do consistent damage and Bide was always a big gamble... the more she tried to analyze the situation the worse it seemed to be. She was going to have to take the calculated risk.

"Miko, hit Growlithe with Attract!" She commanded. Just as she had done earlier in the day Miko blew out a kiss, a sly glint in her eyes as an absurdly large cartoon heart flew towards Growlithe. If it struck, and if the Growlithe was a boy, it would become completely enamored with Miko. Sydney just hoped that the Growlithe wasn't a girl or she'd have practically just handed the match over to Lucas straight away.

Lucas watched as a heart started floating from the Pachirisu's mouth and towards Ace. "Ace! Jump to the side and use Howl!" Lucas called out. The Puppy tried to jump out of the way, but he was too slow and the heart exploded into a cloud of pink dust around Ace's face. Ace started smiling and and making strange noises.

"Hey there, pretty lady," Ace said as he sauntered over to the Pachirisu.

Lucas watched as Ace seemed to strut towards the Pachirisu, making low, slow noises that almost sounded like he was flirting. The Pachirisu had used Attract!

Sydney was overjoyed, it had paid off! Now to double down and really drive their strategy home. This move didn't interact with Attract, not exactly, but it made good use of the time they'd bought for themselves.

"Great Miko, now take advantage with Charm!"

"Hey yourself handsome," Miko purred, "Why don't we spend some time together once this is over? I bet you've never gotten an electric massage before, hmm?" She fluttered her eyelashes at Ace, a faint pink mist swirling from her towards him. If it worked it would take a lot of the power from his physical attacks, making him reluctant to hurt her. Sydney and Miko were playing a long game, setting the battle up in their favour before they even tried to attack directly.

"Ace! Snap out of it!" Lucas called to his Pokemon. "She used Attract on you! It isn't real love!" Ace looked at him, obviously being torn between his owner and his "love". "Use Ember! Please!" Lucas said, pleading with his Pokemon. Ace shook his head in confusion, unsure of what to do.

Ace turned to the Pachirisu and said "I'm sorry, but I must obey my trainer." Ace charged up a fireball in his mouth, before reluctantly launching it right at the Pachirisu.

Miko gave out a squeak of panic and swung her thick tail in front of her, managing to avoid taking the Ember directly in her face.

Damn, Charm won't have slowed that down at all!

"Right, that's enough playtime. Quick Attack!"

Miko flicked her singed tail behind her and glared at Ace. "It isn't nice to hurt a lady!" She snapped before shooting forward almost too fast to see, looking to slam right into him. They'd more or less done what they could to try and swing things in their favour but it wouldn't be worth anything if they didn't actually attack!

Lucas saw the Pachirisu nearly disappear, and Ace was gonna get hit. He couldn't dodge the attack, so might just have to take it. That's when Lucas thought of something that would really put Ace on his side. "Ace! Use Rest!" Ace looked at his trainer in slight confusion before curling up and instantly falling asleep. Ace got sent flying once the Pachirisu's attack hit, instantly waking Ace up.

Ace glared at the squirrel, howled, then said "No one wakes me from my slumber!!"

Sydney chewed her bottom lip as she watched things develop. Why use Rest before the Growlithe had even taken a hit? He'd just wasted his time completely. Had he thought it would somehow undo the Attract or Charm? Both effects would persist, even if Attract was inconsistent it had the potential to take hold again at any moment - then just as quickly vanish again. Perhaps he had some broader strategy in mind she couldn't see yet.

"Another Quick Attack, hit them again!"

Miko stayed low to the ground, crouched on all fours, baring her sizable front teeth threateningly. "I'll put you back to sleep hound dog, don't you worry. We've worked too hard for this to lose our first battle," she snarled before leaping forward again, just as fast as before.

Ace didn't hesitate with running towards the Pachirisu, ready to use Crunch on the charging Pokemon. Both Pokemon collided into a ball of fur. Ace felt no love for the Pachirisu as he bit her.

"Miko, careful!" Sydney shouted helplessly as the Growlithe chomped down. She'd always known that battling would put her Pokemon in danger but actually witnessing it was more difficult than she'd expected. If that Growlithe wasn't well trained enough it could seriously hurt her little Pachirisu if it didn't let her go after using the attack, even with Charm lowering the strength of the bite. She wasn't going to wait and see.

"Iron Tail, quick!"

Pachirisu was an incredibly speedy Pokemon, and Miko certainly had tricks up her sleeve, but she was by no means a sturdy Pokemon. Another bad hit like that and she'd be down for the count. Miko squealed in pain from the bite and swung her thick tail, now coated with a metallic shell, aiming right for Ace's snout. It wouldn't be too damaging but it might shock the enemy enough to buy them a little breathing room.

Ace didn't see the tail coming until it hit him in the head. It didn't do much damage, but it made Ace stop his attack and back up a bit. "Ace! Use Will-O-Wisp!" Lucas called out as Ace steadied himself.

The small flames that Ace spat out settled against the white fur of Miko, singing her badly and leaving her with a serious burn. Sydney was worried about how this was going, she knew that not only would that make it harder for Miko to attack with real force but it would wear her down gradually, not that she had much fight left in her. The electric squirrel was panting for breath, watching Ace through squinted eyes.

"Miko, use... use..." Sydney shook her head. She couldn't push this any further. "...We forfeit. You win!"

Miko stared at her Trainer in disbelief, still willing to fight, unable to fathom what was going on after all the preparation they had done for this moment. Sydney walked forward and dropped to her knees next to her companion, trying to put on a brave smile.

"You did such, such a great job Miko. I'm so proud of you." She looked up towards Lucas. "I'm sorry... I guess I just can't bear to see her get hurt anymore."

Lucas taken aback when Sydney forfeited. He recalled Ace and walked over to her. "You battled well. You should be proud. I can get kinda aggressive when it comes to battling. And it's fine that you don't wanna see your partner get hurt. But the best thing about pain is how much you can grow from it." Lucas said, putting out his hand to help her get up and to shake hands for a good battle.

Sydney scooped up her Poke Ball and called Miko back to it with one more smile. She wondered if it was normal for the winning Trainer to try and impart some wisdom on the loser... that thought stung. She was a loser, she'd lost. Shaking that thought from her head for now she took a deep breath and got to her feet by herself but then took the offered hand for a firm shake.

"Thanks. I guess I have a lot more work to do if I want to be a real competitor... next time we battle I promise will be different," she said, giving a small smile. "You can bet on that."

Lucas pulled out his Pokenav, planning on asking for her number. "Uh..." S**t! How do you ask a girl for her number? Lucas thought as he stood there, still making a monotone "Uh" sound. He stopped, realizing he must have looked stupid and decided to offer her his number. "In case you want to battle again," Lucas said as he grabbed a slip of paper and a pencil from his backpack. He wrote down his number and handed it to Sydney.

"Oh! Uh, thanks. I definitely will," she said, taking the note and slipping it into her bag. "I'll send you a message soon. We're in the same dorm though so I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other anyway." He had gone a bit... odd... for a second there. Maybe he was still feeling under the weather from his run in with Naomi back at the cafeteria?

"Anyway, I better get Miko back to the Pokemon Center, she really needs some TLC after all of that. Thanks again!" She called, cheerier than she really felt, already turning and heading back the way she had come.

After she left, Lucas started heading toward Oak Town to do what he was originally planning on doing. He couldn't help but smile. He had won his first battle on the island.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ech
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
XEzfv3l.jpg

Kayrana Ral || 15
PCP280.png

Aurai (F) || 9 || Growl, Confusion, Double Team, Teleport, Shadow Ball, Psychic.​

Onwards to a new adventure!

Next...

iZOwVxl.jpg

Kayrana sidled up and down the many decks nervously... then along the sides of the ship's most upper deck, now distracting herself by looking at the ocean, in hopes of spotting some rare Pokemon (she had only spotted some Sharpedos, which she didn't like). Along strolled Aurai, who was mostly concerned by her trainer's weird demeanor on the ship. Every now and then Kayrana glanced at Aurai, but she seemed so distant that Aurai finally stopped in her tracks, jumped, and poked Kayrana's waist: "Ralts!!". Kayrana's distant thinking was halted as she got down to see Aurai while caressing her head. "Ah, Aurai! I'm so sorry! Uneasiness took ahold of me completely." She laughed. Aurai kept prodding her waist until she finally noticed she was pointing at her little journal. "That's right! I've got to write something." She lifted Aurai up and helped her get to her right shoulder, then she grabbed her little journal, and the rest of the trip she spent on writing and drawing scribbles: mostly her and Aurai on the boat, but also of a Popplio, it's one of the Pokemon she hoped to encounter in the island.

Finally, the boat stopped, and she suddenly realized how many people were actually inside it that she hadn't noticed before. She walked towards the lower deck at a slow pace because of the queue, and eventually she went down the ramp. The weather was slightly windy and the sun was shining at its peak, as she had hoped. For today, then, she was wearing a loose light-green sleeveless t-shirt, as well as loose pastel turquoise shorts which went down to below her knees. She wore, also turquoise, running shoes and socks. As always, she wore her Ralts necklace which was very important to her: it symbolized her and Aurai's friendship. The yellow jacket that was gifted by the Academy was on her backpack, as well as her PokeGear and PokeDex.

They had arrived at Oak Town's harbour; the first thing she wanted to do wasn't exactly going to her room, but she understood it was the sensible thing to do. If she wasn't mistaken, they were on the south edge of the town, and to the south of the island they'd find the Academy. She turned right and started walking towards it. "We shall make many friends, Aurai!" she smiled at Aurai, who smiled back, nodding. On the sides of the road, which transformed more and more into a simple dirt road, many trainers were already battling, while some seemed to be wandering more inwards, into the forests that laid in the distance. Kayrana kept on the direction of the Academy but walked along the plants, some distance away from the road, hoping to see some brand-new berries, plants, herbs… Aurai ambled around a bit further inwards—still in Kayrana's sight—to examine more closely for berries and herbs; and indeed Aurai was the one with most expertise, she found a good deal of curative herbs—"Ralts!" she cried, to which Kayrana answered by hastily heading to where she was: she patted Aurai on the head and lightly placed her backpack on the floor, opened it and put all the herbs in a plastic bag; then she glanced at Aurai, who was pointing at something. It was a Ganlan Berry! "We have never seen one of these before, have we? You're amazing!" Ralts smiled and climbed on top of Kayrana's shoulders. Kayrana pulled a berry pot out of her backpack and set the berry on it.

She ended up carrying the berry pot in her hands as they now trotted to the dorms, which she could already see in the near-distance. Upon arriving, they first saw a white dorm and a red dorm. The white one seemed utterly dead, it was completely closed. The Red one had an Entei statue inside; so it was not hers, but many people were about, some were even preparing to battle. They continued onwards by the left of the Red dorm, and finally found the Yellow dorm at their right. Many trainers were also walking about, but in this case there were some people reading books in the benches outside, while others browsed their devices. Kay and Aurai went to the entrance door which was automatic, and she fished out the key from her pocket after placing the berry pot on her backpack. "Three, Zero, One." She looked to the right, then to the left, and spotted the staircase. "I'm so glad there's so much brightness in here, Aurai! I was worried we would end up in a walled and dark building!" she told Aurai, who was on her shoulders—while they looked at the Raikou statue placed just upon entering. And indeed the building had at least three floors, and the outside was made completely of glass panes, so one could see the various floors and apartments from outside, and the sun could shine upon it radiantly. They went up the stairs and made it to their room. "It's not that cramped after all!" "Ra Ralts Ra!" "Yes I know, I know, we'll unpack right now." It was single room with a bed at their right, placed near the wall. Opposite to it, there was a bookshelf and next to it a sort of wardrobe. There was a door leading to the bathroom to the other side of the shelf; and to the other side of the closet there was another door. In front of them there were a window which looked to the outside, one could see the Red Dorm from there, and the shared plaza. There was also a little balcony. In the space between the shelf and the bed they had placed Kayrana's luggage, which wasn't really much; mostly: more berry pots, some pokemon plushies, wardrobe, quite a lot of books, along with other various things.

"Let's get this place into motion as it should, then, Aurai!" Yes, the adventure was just starting. "Cannot function without organization, can we?"

Last edited:

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
YDwE2cr_d.jpg

DOROTHY ROSELAND

There was a quiver followed by a faint echo. It was tough to make out, but it was enough to stir her awake from sweet slumber.

"I miss that sound," Dorothy muttered, referring to Mr. Roseland's worn-out grandfather clock ticking. Eyes are shut, mouth smacking about as it tasted the vile morning flavor. No doubt her hair was a mess as well.

Pupui was fast asleep. This would be the perfect time to have him sent back to his pokéball, but wouldn't it convey the wrong message? Pupui could view it as her betraying him, catching him at his most vulnerable.

She began to ruminate on her failure to help Pupui. Anger, disappointment, misery... she didn't know how to react. One thing is for sure, and that is the guilt. She was 100% at fault for Pupui's injuries.

Dorothy observed the ceiling above, its blue lights flickering every so often. She's lost track of time and now she needs to make up for it. "...I don't know what to do... I'm afraid. What will people think? Did anybody see me cry? Did they hear me yell? Did they... did they..." Musing was only worsening her mood.

Her image to others mattered, and she was ashamed that it did. It's been said time and time again that agonizing about what others think will only hinder and stop one from moving forward. Yet here she is. Dorothy couldn't help it.

Her clothes reeked of sweat and grass. Shower was in order.

Luckily twelve sets of the same exact clothes were still in mint condition. It is as if she never rummaged a wardrobe. How convenient, isn't it?

In and out the shower she went, towel worn like a crown as it soaked the water up from her vivid hair. The mirror fogged up, allowing her to crudely draw Pupui. With a smiley face of course.

The sketched out Pupui reminded her of Pupui's quick recovery; how rapidly he returned to daily life once he was healed. It disheartened her. If he refused to get somber from it then she needed to do the same. Perhaps a trip to one of Pupui's favorite spots will do? Back at Hoenn it was too far to commute to... But here, it's less than 30 minutes away.

To the beach.

"Oh!" Dorothy had almost forgotten the texts. In that instant her heart fluttered, high-strung as she rushed to the pile of plushes that housed her cell.

He did reply, albeit while she was in slumber.

Thoughts were voiced, but none typed. Every time she did, she would obliterate it and stare blankly at the screen, the cursor flickering with impatience.

It wasn't until now she realized her mistake; she had forgotten to introduce herself in previous texts. No matter he took so long, or so Dorothy thought, to respond. Had he been wondering who it was? Was he skeptical? Her breathing quickened, unable to fabricate a decent text to send.

It's been too long. The time stamp claims it's been longer than she would have liked it to be, making her stomach drop. Did he give up waiting? Did he think she wasn't interested in talking? Did he-

A yawn escaped Pupui's lips, eyes forcing themselves open upon Dorothy's faint rambling.

Knowing that waiting led to her demise, she swiftly typed out a response and sent it without hesitation:

Sorry for not saying who I was. I hope you weren't confused >. < And my day was good! Yours???

It took her another ten minutes to muster up the courage to send in another one:

I'm sorry again for taking so long. It's my fault for not reading the texts sooner. If I did I would have been there, sorry ): But I hope you had fun!!!

Relief washed over her, having overcome the barrier... But not until fear came crawling back. Again she fell back into a spiral of anguish, every detail and doubts consuming her.

Meanwhile Pupui rolled on her bed, mulling over the Vanillite he had the fortune of meeting.
Day 1

Back