• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Hi, I'm gay and married and how do ya like that

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Opinions on Yu-gi oh season 0?

Who's your favorite N'Sync member?

You need to fight two dudes in a fist fight, but you get to be assisted by N'Sync baritone Joey Fatone with a super power of your choosing. What power would you give N'Sync baritone Joey Fatone?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Is your marriage the 1 defining moment of your life these days

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Opinions on Yu-gi oh season 0?
uhh, idk what season 0 is, but if it's like the old millenium anime then yeah thats my favourite
Who's your favorite N'Sync member?
justin, probably. i'm not a 90s boye
You need to fight two dudes in a fist fight, but you get to be assisted by N'Sync baritone Joey Fatone with a super power of your choosing. What power would you give N'Sync baritone Joey Fatone?
i'd give him bladed brass knuckles, make it quick-and-easy
Is your marriage the 1 defining moment of your life these days
uhhh ahahaha, no not really, it was at the capital courthouse and almost nobody came
the marriage itself wasn't a big deal, but we've never been happier since we met in August.
how did you meet your husband
PC Discord after I was permabanned, I was hanging around there for a few hours and posted my source-based ROM hacking project and ran into him. it was a close call too, since the folks there were pretty quick to come round and decide to ban me because I was already banned on the forums, but we already hit off a good conversation that lasted all day about everything. even before we decided to be together, we've been best friends for everything.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
do you get any stigma for being married young?
yeah, from my mum mostly but i won't go into the excruciating details. among friends, online or off, maybe, but in any case we've never seen it from them to know. i like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so by default i'd say nah.

i know you didn't quite ask, but i will say that we do have a lot at risk with things because we're gay, but only outside the US where my husband is from. Only his immediate family is aware, and they're all fine with it but it is plainly unspeakable if their peers were to find out because of the social consequences it has there, in a Muslim majority country.

thankfully, if we become successful together and become somewhat well-known on the world stage, we won't have to worry about anything since it's impossible for anyone to judge us in a developing country when we wield first-world success. and we want that for ourselves anyways, we have so many big dreams in common it is legitimately scary sometimes lol

Alexander Nicholi

Years
what like?
okay, forgive me for this because some of these are way more unrealistic and silly than others, but there are pipe dreams we independently wanted to achieve, like forming a sovereign nation in our lifetimes in Antarctica. The differences were that he picked the subantarctic Kerguelen Islands, and I picked Marie Byrd Land, but everything else is the same, from being basically resident dictator like Sealand, to expanding on that with NRx-style corporato-monarchism as a governmental model, and neither of us could tell you why we picked some of the most desolate, remote places on earth for that lol

perhaps more seriously, him and i want to build a business together that maybe someday can be super-big, like Google but different. that's what we hope to work towards with Arqadium, the software company I started in September of 2016 and shortly after brought him on board with despite having no explanation for why I thought he was needed at the time. we want to make a game engine as a standalone product, but we also want to use it for our own game titles like Project Trinity as well. We also want to reinvent the concept of bulletin board software, and make a new community platform that I can develop and he can manage, since that's our complement.

we have other ideas for things that are far out-of-reach but we would love to do someday, like completely killing off the notion of Wi-Fi in favour of Wide Area Networking (WANs), which could be accomplished by providing cellular internet to laptops and computers in general. my fuel for architecture design, which is my most recent field of study, are the kinds of building complexes (skyscrapers, mostly) that will house Arqadium once it becomes very big.

there's really no upper limit to the things we want to accomplish, and the most difficult part for us is getting started. it gets progressively easier the farther you make it, imo... our biggest dream is captured in the song him and I love to listen to, made by ILYAA with vocals from Marie Meyer, called Singularity. we really can't imagine making a bigger paradigm shift than bringing about Artificial General Intelligence, but we will definitely try!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Since I know how AMAs work now, I shall ask my own adorable little question for this thread :)

If me and Korrina were to get married, would you come to our wedding? (you can be honest; i know we fangirls can get a little annoying!!! even if....fangirling is often something i just can't help!!!! korrina is too adorable xD)

(i ask this question for this thread cuz my crush on korrina is also a homosexual crush ;3 maybe we don't hear of it as often, but fangirls can have lesbian crushes, too. i'm a good example of it! *i REALLY love korrina.....rbjrwbjrrer~<33333*)

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
Since I know how AMAs work now, I shall ask my own adorable little question for this thread :)

If me and Korrina were to get married, would you come to our wedding? (you can be honest; i know we fangirls can get a little annoying!!! even if....fangirling is often something i just can't help!!!! korrina is too adorable xD)

(i ask this question for this thread cuz my crush on korrina is also a homosexual crush ;3 maybe we don't hear of it as often, but fangirls can have lesbian crushes, too. i'm a good example of it! *i REALLY love korrina.....rbjrwbjrrer~<33333*)
giphy.gif

Back