• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Should I buy Japanese or English emerald?

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
I'm currently really interested in buying emerald, as I currently require a gen 3 game, if you exclude leafgreen / firered, because I have leafgreen for the gameboy advance, but the price is kind of high. I'm just wondering, i'd prefer it in english, but the japanese costs like 26 pounds less, and I'll have to pay an additional like 30 euros to claim the english version at the post office (International shipping).

I'm from Norway, and want to order an emerald game from amazon.co.uk

So which is the better option?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
There's no real difference between the Japanese and English Pokemon Emerald versions...with the exception of the e-reader feature on the Japanese. You could really go for either.

Rather than getting the American version of Pokemon Emerald, could you possibly get the European English version of the game? Or is that not an option for you?

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
Can you read Japanese though?

Unless you want to look at walkthroughs, and guides, and level up guides for each move and what not.
You're gonna need to read some japanese.

Claire Lilly

~Professional Vulpix Breeder/Trainer~
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 16, 2019
I would buy the english version. What use do you have of a game, if you can't fully enjoy the game, because you don't speak the language. Anyway, I don't think you can get a new copy nowadays and in this case, the timebased events are most likely also not avaible anymore. Try to find a copy on ebay in your country, or at your local game stores, if you don't want to pay this much. Older pokemon games can be really expensive on amazon.

Last edited:
Back