• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
(why do my subs say it's XY80...?)
Off topic: I'm assuming you're watching pocketmonsters' subs, and the reason it's XY080 is because pocketmonsters' subs count the Pikachu movie special as an episode, and Bulbapedia doesn't.

Anyway...
I don't really have any strong opinion on any shippings, nor do I have much of any preferences. I pretty much ship anything and everything that isn't human x Pokémon with the exception of a few (Pokeshipping comes to mind, I don't really have anything against it, I just can't warm up to it. Maybe it's because the dub pushed it so hard that I got sick of it before I switched to watching the subs) and I guess I do have a few favourites
How do any of you feel about this girl--

I think , This girl was Ash intended Love-interest !
But Writer probably drop it later .
So , Do you think writers did the right thing by dropping her ???
She's just a generic character design that appeared in the beginning of the first opening (Or wherever she appears in the edited arrangement of clips for Pokémon Theme, I don't care about the dub in the slightest) and I'm all for speculation, but Pokémon never has and never will care for romance involving the main characters.

Skyxyd

The one
Years
Serena is in loved of Ash, it shows, because she blushes all the time when she's alone with him (like an episode "i did't know anymore which one, but they are in the city to buy present for your pokemon at the feet of the gym's tree, after the battle of Ash vs Ramos" of season 18 in the beginning). BUT Ash don't understand, Serena is very timid, and Ash do not care. That's only the 1st place of Kalos's league which interests him and becoming pokemon master with his friends

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Serena is in loved of Ash, it shows, because she blushes all the time when she's alone with him (like an episode "i did't know anymore which one, but they are in the city to buy present for your pokemon at the feet of the gym's tree, after the battle of Ash vs Ramos" of season 18 in the beginning). BUT Ash don't understand, Serena is very timid, and Ash do not care. That's only the 1st place of Kalos's league which interests him and becoming pokemon master with his friends

Currently , Traveling Companion is not a good choice for Ash since they get replaced in every series.
The Best Heroin would be A Referring Character who appear in every series like Team Rocket !
For example : An International Police officer , A Pokemon Ranger , A Journalist, A Photographer etc etc.

Imagine this girl in a Ninja Outfit who appear in every series and drag Ash on a mission--
gwen.jpg

Skyxyd

The one
Years
An International Police officer
We have already Looker
He stoppted Team Galaxy and Plasma

Currently , Traveling Companion is not a good choice for Ash since they get replaced in every series.
And Broke ? He was still 13 seasons, not bad, but if the anime had no stopped, he would have stayed to replace Cilan and Clemont

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i mean literally every character gets dropped between seasons beyond ash and TR now like
the main girls obvs
the longest running main bro left after sinnoh
rivals? gary got dropped when misty did and they've switched out since
recurring characters? they stay in their region too
so like if anyone is going to stick with ash at all it's going to be a companion most likely or someone who becomes a companion after a while

and you know if there is going to be a confirmed romantic relationship then they're... not going to just ditch that character whoever they are so like. whatever it could be anyone

i vote clemont diode 4ever did you see ash sleeping on top of him in the latest ep eeeeee cuties

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
i vote clemont diode 4ever did you see ash sleeping on top of him in the latest ep eeeeee cuties

Freaking animators, they knew what they were doing when they conjured that up.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
We have already Looker
He stoppted Team Galaxy and Plasma

He's not a girl !
Plus , The International Police has only one officer who often has to rely on bunch of 10 year old kids for his mission.
Not really heroic , I prefer PokeSpe version of him.
May be , The series can introduce a Mid-Tsunder female ninja who trick by Lysendre to work for Team Flare but she start to have 2nd thought due to her encounter with Ash.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ash doesnt have to be heterosexual bruh
what you should be more worried about there is that looker is like 30 years older than ash
but the point is that we already have a similar recurring character to what you suggested

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
ash doesnt have to be heterosexual bruh
what you should be more worried about there is that looker is like 30 years older than ash
but the point is that we already have a similar recurring character to what you suggested

Unfortunately for You , I don't like Yaoi !
Plus, XY series gotten boring because of Ash & Clemont's lovey-dovey relationship.
XY series would have became funny as Yokai Watch if Ash & Bonnie drive Clemont nut with their attic.
Ash & Bonnie could have been like Gintoki & Kagura that irritate Clemont the Shinpachi (Gintama)
While Serena should have been the nice kind girl with fierce temper who kick Ash and send him flying when he fail to remember her.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
it doesnt matter what your preference is tbh because the writers dont give a damn and neither do i. all im sayin is that homosexual relationships are a possibility. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ash and clemont dont even have a particularly lovey relationship; we've just never had a guy ash's age that he could be best friends with so it seems much closer than his relationships with brock or tracey or cilan. and it really is! they have much more of an equal, give and take relationship than ash and any of the others. whether you choose to attach some romantic aspects to it is your choice but you must admit they are very close and best friends.

also pokemon would not be better if it were just like some other anime. that would be boring as fuck and uninspiring.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Anyway, I'm giving you a challenge:

Create a harem for Ash. No yaoi or pokemon shipping please.

Here are a few versions of mine:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
My favorite shipping are AshXSerene aka Amourshipping.
I wish it exit Anime where Ash start dating Serene.
They look so good together and Serene are the first girl so are in love with Ash

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
So, Ash and Misty are a couple

;] I wonder if they made a episode about this

pkmin3033

...wait, what? When did this happen? When was Ash x Misty a confirmed pairing?

Sure, there are plenty of episodes that could imply it, but you could say the same for pretty much every other fan pairing in the anime.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
In the manga they are married and have kids (or so i heard)

Except Pokemon Anime is not based on any Manga!
Plus , You probably read some sort of Doujinshi created by some hardcore Pokeshipper because Ash story haven't ended yet .

My favorite shipping are AshXSerene aka Amourshipping.
I wish it exit Anime where Ash start dating Serene.
They look so good together and Serene are the first girl so are in love with Ash

Honestly , I think Dawn is better choice for Ash's main Love-interest among all existing girls.
Serena is kind of Boring and Uninteresting ! The Best feature about her was her "Look" But she no longer that cute after she cut off her hair.
Off Course, The Best choice would be "A Mid-Tsundere version of Rosa".
After all , Everyone loves Rosa even though she didn't appeared in TV-Series.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
There are 3 quality Ash's main Love-interest need to have--

--Outstanding Beauty

--Dynamic Interaction

--A powerful connection with main plot of anime

"Outstanding Beauty" is most important thing!
Even if there is a girl with dynamic interaction and close friendship with Ash , nobody will support her if she's not cute at all .
Example : Angie , She is the closest female friend Ash ever got but nobody support her because she's not cute at all .
If The girl has outstanding Beauty then she practically need nothing else , Specially if the protagonist has a crush on her !
Unfortunately , Serena's Beauty isn't outstanding , Specially after she cut her hair ! Majority of member voted Dawn to be prettier then Serena.
The Girl with the most Outstanding & Unique Beauty is "May" ! Unfortunately , She's the only girl Ash can never have . The only girl that can match "May''s Beauty is "Rosa".

However , The Protagonist doesn't always end up with prettiest girl ! In that case , The Girl need to have close and Dynamic chemistry with one another.
Furthermore , Her Romance with the Protagonist need to play an very important part in the main plot of the Anime.
Pokemon focus on 2 main story in every series , One is "Ash Journey to be Pokemon Master" another is "Villainous ark" ! Some series has Side-quest for traveling Companion (AG ,DP) and some series doesn't (OS ,BW).
So , The Main pairing need a girl who play an important role in "Pokemon League" & Villainous ark ! A Very good example is Contestshipping Where May & Drew are rival therefore Drew plays the role as May's Love-interest and Her Enemy/obstacle at the same time.

Serena's Chemistry with Ash SUCKS ! Even Iris had better chemistry with Ash .
Plus , Just because she had some conversation with Ash before Viola's Gymbattle and he sometime look at her during gym battle doesn't mean she really play a believable role in Ash becoming Pokemon Master.
Serena's main Advantage was Her "Beauty" which she lost after cutting her hair.
So , Currently the Best Love-Interest for Ash would be a Female rival because she will be the lover & enemy/obstacle of Ash's dream therefore their Romantic development will play an important part of the series! Unless Writer create a "Mysterious Girl" who trying to defeat an Evil Team .

Ash pairings never really appealed to me, I'm more of a May x Drew fan. It had everything I hoped for in an anime like Pokemon.

Its because May & Drew has all the element of a Romantic Comedy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back