• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: BETA RELEASED 19/06/2016 | PRHE (Pokémon Ruby Hacked EINGine)

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
¡Hello to everyone!
It have past more time ago since my last visit to pokeco. I visited it when i'm a simple Rom Hacker.
Btw, now i study a lot and i applicate it to the Rom Hacking, so i win new experience, like in ASM programation.

Well, stop to explaining my life and then I'll go to explain the thread.
I want to post my project call PRHE (Pokémon Ruby Hacked EINGine) -thanks to JPAN for the idea with his project Fire Red Hacked Engine, he motived to me to do something like his path, but in ruby and with my routines-

The path is actually in development, and i'm doing it when i have time to investigate, think about ideas, and more. And when i'm not working in my project jeje.

Now, i will to share with us some features that i add.

LOAD SOME MINISPRITES

Explanation:
In this video, i load a minisprite from a table that i created in some free space in the rom. Thanks to the var 0x40fe i can load the minisprite that indicate in this var.

Bugs:
-You Can't use "b" to run.
-You Can't use surf, cycle, cut.. and other minisprite animations.
-You Can't use minisprites with another size that isn't be 16x32.
-The sprite don't change.
-The backsprite don't change.
-NSE will doesn't load the minisprites table, don't worry is too easy to fix it. (The overworld editor don't provocate any problems).

LOAD 65535 PALETTES

Explanation: You sacrificate one palette in the rom. (I sacrificate the 3 palette...) and order to the rom that it's will be load in the ram. (NOT in ROM!!)
Then, you load the value of var 0x40fd and load the palette of this position * 0x20 in your new table palettes. (You don't need in any moment to repoint the principal table palette, only you need to create the new one that will use the palletes of the minisprites in palette 3)
The great utility of it is that you can insert minisprites with a palette that you only use for this minisprite. For example the ship of fr, (Before that made this routine, i only use this palette for this minisprite, now for alot of minisprites).
To insert the sprites in this palette is too easy, you only need to insert the sprite in other palette that will not "3" and whitout import palette.

Bugs:

-NSE will doesn't load the minisprites table, don't worry is too easy to fix it. (The overworld editor don't provocate any problems.

Well, there are the only two features that i add at this moment, but every day i'm continuing study which features i can add. And in the next days i will update with corrections of bugs, or explaining better the "65535 palettes".

Credit and Thanks to each ASM hackers that shares her knowledge in form of tutorials. (Hackmew, ZodiacDagreat, ShinyQuagsire..etc)

Don't forget to give me more ideas!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello to everybody, I'm sad to don't see any coments, and obligate to me to do double post, but.. What can I do?

Today, i will give tu us an small change of the routine that allows to us use each mini in the rom. You can load it's without think about the size.

That's all!

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Probably no one is commenting cus' Ruby's code is messed up... and there are a little Ruby Hackers out there cuz' Emerald has all the stuff that Ruby features.. anyways.. I hope somebody would actually notice this..

loldamaru

say lol
Years
Hi eing15! This actually good, so hackers can use Ruby and FireRed as their base for hacking. Actually, OW sprite in ruby can be added with replacing Secret Base stuff. But, if we can add some more, i think that would be interesting. I hope you can fix the bug and add new features, so maybe some hacker interested using your ROM base.

~XDamaru

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Probably no one is commenting cus' Ruby's code is messed up... and there are a little Ruby Hackers out there cuz' Emerald has all the stuff that Ruby features.. anyways.. I hope somebody would actually notice this..
Maybe you are saying the true, but.. there are some rom hackers that now continue using pokémon ruby as their rom base, so this rom base is for they.

Hi eing15! This actually good, so hackers can use Ruby and FireRed as their base for hacking. Actually, OW sprite in ruby can be added with replacing Secret Base stuff. But, if we can add some more, i think that would be interesting. I hope you can fix the bug and add new features, so maybe some hacker interested using your ROM base.

~XDamaru
Thanks, i don't know the method which is used in the secret base, maybe i need to investigate or search something about it. About the bugs, i working on fixing it, but at this moment that it isn't fixed, i see that every body can use Overworld editor, that it works fine.

Are you planing to resize Pokemon Dex spaces? I mean make possible to add new Pokemon to the game.
I never try to do it. Maybe when i end the researches that i'm doing i'll do it. But i don't promisse anything.

can you explain to me a novice hacker what this engine mean
This Engine, is a Pokémon Ruby Hacked by me, like Jpan engine, but not in FR, in ruby.
This engine, the purpose is add some features that the normal pokémon ruby doesn't have, and facilitate the work of rom hackers that don't know ASM, and allow to use it without knowledge.

------
Ok, after to answer everybody -thanks for post, it made me happy- i will post a new video.

In this video i show the normal D&N routine made by Prime-Dialga. But i add an small features.
For example, i add the illumination of the windows, or other tiles in the map.
It's very usefull, and allow us to use it without script levels in each map with setmaptiles.
Futhermore, i use one pallete that will illuminate after 00 hours, because is too late and in the real life, not everybody is aslepp at this hour. (For example pokemon center, are allways open, so its windows allways be illuminated, but the mart no).

Cya!

loldamaru

say lol
Years
------
Ok, after to answer everybody -thanks for post, it made me happy- i will post a new video.

In this video i show the normal D&N routine made by Prime-Dialga. But i add an small features.
For example, i add the illumination of the windows, or other tiles in the map.
It's very usefull, and allow us to use it without script levels in each map with setmaptiles.
Futhermore, i use one pallete that will illuminate after 00 hours, because is too late and in the real life, not everybody is aslepp at this hour. (For example pokemon center, are allways open, so its windows allways be illuminated, but the mart no).

Cya!

What? Without setmaptile script? That will be cool eing15! And oh, could we expand attack table, type table and Pokemon table with this hacked engine? If we can, good luck with it then :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
What? Without setmaptile script? That will be cool eing15! And oh, could we expand attack table, type table and Pokemon table with this hacked engine? If we can, good luck with it then :D
Yes, it works without setmaptile script. But for works great you need to be an order hacker. (Because you need to use the same palettes allways for the windows, if you don't do it, maybe other tiles will be illuminates xD)

About expan attack table, type table, and pokémon table, there isn't be in my head now. (I'm working in small things, that pokemon ruby in its time didn't have, but as i say, maybe in the future i study how to add it).

------------
Well, now I aport a new video, here is it.

In this video, i delete/dismiss the Birch intro of pokémon ruby, and go directly of the default map that you start. (Here is the most important part, you can load a black map, and customize your own intro, of course, with XSE or Pokescript).
There are any bugs, but you need to know that your name will be the default name for boy, and you will be a boy. (But it's easy to fix, calling one asm routine, and writebytetoffset in 02024eac if you want to change the gender).

Cya!

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hello, to everybody!
Today I gonna present to you how to change the name of the player.
Like in the intro.

In the future maybe I change the routine, to load more sprites than only the specifies in the genre value
cya!

loldamaru

say lol
Years
About expan attack table, type table, and pokémon table, there isn't be in my head now. (I'm working in small things, that pokemon ruby in its time didn't have, but as i say, maybe in the future i study how to add it).

------------
Well, now I aport a new video, here is it.

In this video, i delete/dismiss the Birch intro of pokémon ruby, and go directly of the default map that you start. (Here is the most important part, you can load a black map, and customize your own intro, of course, with XSE or Pokescript).
There are any bugs, but you need to know that your name will be the default name for boy, and you will be a boy. (But it's easy to fix, calling one asm routine, and writebytetoffset in 02024eac if you want to change the gender).

Cya!
It's okay if we cant yet adding new types, move, PKMN ... just let me know if you can
Also, will you give us tutorial about creating new custom intro with this.? Of course after you release it..
Thanks again...

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
¡Hello to everybody!
You never imagine do wildbattles with more pokémon than the Advance Map permess?
Or classify the pokémon's by areas?

One week ago, I think about it, and I try to do it, and i made it fine.
I made a routine that allow to load pokémon by areas, following this instruccions:

Type of route:
Wood: Each bug and grass types will appear here. (setvar 0x40fc 0x1 at entering the map)
Mountain: Rock, Steel, Fire, ground, dragon, fight (setvar 0x40fc 0x3 at entering the map)
Sea: Water, (setvar 0x40fc 0x3 at entering the map)
Normal: Normal, Psychic, fly, electric (30 % appear in each encounter)
Dark: ghost, dark (Allways appear at night)
Cold: Ice (Always appear in winter)

Season:
Different pokemon wild appear in each season. (The most diferent will be winter with ice pokémon and summer with cacnea and another pokemon like it)

Period of the day:
Morning: Appear pokémon like to wake up early (Beautifly for example)
Day: Appears the most pokémon at the day.
Night: Dark/ghost and zubats will appear in the wildbattles and another pokémon like to walk at night.

Rare:
It isn't the same have a willbattle with machop that machamp right now?
The majority of pokémon in the last evolution, will be rare (If are overUsed) and the starters or rare pokemon like Mr. Mime, babys, starters..

Finally, there is the video:

¿What do you say? ¿You don't like it?
No problem, if you set "setvar 0x40fc 0x0", the routine will load the pokémon that are in the wildbattles area map!

Hope you like it!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
I love what you're trying to do to contribute to Ruby hackers. I just wish you'd also do the same for Emerald. Do you think you'll ever port some of your stuff over to Emerald? I'd kill for the minisprite change asm ... that'd be great for certain events like putting on costumes to blend in and what not. Also I love the OW that you use as the hero, is it yours?

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Yay! Finally, an engine for ruby. ^_^
The stuffs that your putting are great man, this would come in handy. :)

I'll be looking forward to this bra.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I love what you're trying to do to contribute to Ruby hackers. I just wish you'd also do the same for Emerald. Do you think you'll ever port some of your stuff over to Emerald? I'd kill for the minisprite change asm ... that'd be great for certain events like putting on costumes to blend in and what not. Also I love the OW that you use as the hero, is it yours?
Maybe when I finish this engine, i'll go to port some stuff to emerald. Because it doesn't have engine, like ruby. (Only exist for fire red..)
About the change of minisprite with asm, it's quite simple to do in my engine. And work fine, but it have only a little "bug", that is the NSE doesn't work meanwhile the pointers of the sprites are pointing to the ram. (Change the pointer to the last value, and it work fine again..)

You did a great work. I counting on you man. First who want make Pokemon Ruby Hacking more easier. When you end I can use your base for my hack?
Hahaha that is because i only hack pokémon ruby. I don't like Fr because it works to slow in my emulator. (Ruby emulates over 800 % in the best cases)
Sure, i do it for people that will hack and don't know asm and want to add some properties to her/his hack that the normal ruby doesn't have.

If i hacked ruby i would use that :D
Nice!!

Yay! Finally, an engine for ruby. ^_^
The stuffs that your putting are great man, this would come in handy. :)

I'll be looking forward to this bra.
I'm working on do ruby more interestant..

After answer to everybody that post, i would like to post here some news about PRHE (Pokémon Rubí Hacked EINGine).
Here it is.

- Dismiss the Prof. Abedul intro (You start at the map that you choose with the tool Start Map chooser)
- Routine that allow to use to give a name to the protagonist. (With a callasm in some script)
- Dismiss the girl player. (It's because you can control each minisprite in the rom)
- Iluminate windows at night in the D&N system without setmaptiles. (D&N routine made by Prime dialga, I only edited it to illuminate the windows).
- Routine to do shiny pokemon. (Hackmew)
- FF FF palettes for the palette "15" (The palette that use the ship, that significate that is a dynamic palette)
- Dynamic minisprite of the hero (You can control FF FF diferent minisprites)
- Invisible textbox with asm (Set the textbox invisible with only a callasm)
- Efects in the textbox with asm (Like black screen with white text in the center)
- Make textbox to default with asm (Back the textbox to normal, after change it)
- Dynamic wildbattles in the grass. (Based on which reoute are we, seasson, part of the day, and rarity of the pokemon specie)

After to post the modifications that have the PRHE (Pokémon Rubí Hacked EINGine, I will post in what I'm working now.

- Sistem of energy, hungry and Luck.

xDyrnm1.png

(Translate the textbox: "You need to sleep before pass 1 hour, if you dismiss this alert you will be fainted")

As you can see, when we need to sleep/eat the game will give us an advice like the msgbox above.
(The msgbox will be open all the time, only will be closed if we enter on inside map like cp, or homes.. and if load another msgbox o refresh the map -enter in the bag menu for example-)
When the map is refreshed, but we dismiss the advice, if we change the map the advice gonna appear again. As I said, the advice will be active ALWAYS. Only disapear if they obey the advice, or dismiss it. -Finally have beed fainted-)

- Calculator, for execute multiple operations with the data, like add, sub, mul, div, square root, XOR, OR, AND ..

- Hordas pokémon in pair of two, it only appear if the want it. The species that will appear on it, will be or random species that based on the random wild battle system, or in the rare pokémons. (We can set it with a variable, and with the parametter "luck" that have our player)

- Roaming Pokémon (1 only type of it at the same time, for example articuno, zapdos and moltres, suicune, entei and raikou, mew, lugia, ho-oh, latios-latias.. etc. But only 1 of these at the same time. I need to study it alot, to do it the best system..)

Cya and thanks for the coments!

PS. Maybe tomorrow more or less i post the video of the system of energy. (I only need to finish the part of be fainted, that i'm thinking how to do the best)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
- Sistem of energy, hungry and Luck.

xDyrnm1.png

(Translate the textbox: "You need to sleep before pass 1 hour, if you dismiss this alert you will be fainted")

As you can see, when we need to sleep/eat the game will give us an advice like the msgbox above.
(The msgbox will be open all the time, only will be closed if we enter on inside map like cp, or homes.. and if load another msgbox o refresh the map -enter in the bag menu for example-)
When the map is refreshed, but we dismiss the advice, if we change the map the advice gonna appear again. As I said, the advice will be active ALWAYS. Only disapear if they obey the advice, or dismiss it. -Finally have beed fainted-)

Can you please add an option to disable this feature? xD
That's gonna be annoying, for me at least. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can you please add an option to disable this feature? xD
That's gonna be annoying, for me at least. :P
Woa, finally destinedjagold the creator of the ruby destiny series comment here! nicee ^^
Btw, when you say "disable", what do you mean? As a hacker? Or a gamer?
In case that you have refered to hacker case, you only need to change only one pointer, dismissing this routine. (It will be programed, but not allowed because you don't call to it).
In the case that you will mean as a gamer, maybe I add an script at the start of the game that force you to choose your preferences.

Yup, I agree with djg. This feature can be annoying, for some at least. :S

Read above, in the answer of Djg, and reply me. (I can made a routine to fix your preferences at the start, or if you prefer I give you the call pointer to this routine, and say you how bytes you need to push to disable it.

Back