• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
So does anyone know where the backsprites to the hero is located in unlz.gba in FireRed?

Thanks for the help.

Actually, it is not located in UNlz.gba but in Tile molester (Or what its called)

There is an tutorial about it right HERE.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
can you use the 000 pokemon(the one before bulbasaur)as a d\p pokemon or not?
why on xse there is an option for a-trainer and fsf?,and how can I use it?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
2 questions:
-Sometimes after i edited a map on Crystal w/ Crystal map. when i play the rom a screen pops saying that the game is only fot GBC (the one that says Pokemon crystal with unown letters) Why do this happens?
-Anyone knows where to get a trainer editor for Crystal, apart of yomama´s Gym leader/E4/Red one?

Winterbane

Ice Emperor
Years
My hack is a Firered hack - and the solutions provided in this thread have made sense so far. So, I ask yet another question. ^^;

In AdvanceMap: I just edited Tileset2 of Cinnibar Island to include the houses from Verdanturf (from Emerald). This Tileset has Palettes in slots 1 to 12. Is it safe for me to edit the colors of Palette 13 to match those of Verdanturf in Emerald, and will it save that? Thanks in advance.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
Years
I'm sorry if this was answered but I have two questions

1. In tilemolester it says I can not open it I need a us file of some sort and I have the file but it doesn't work even if I put the two in the same folder together

2. I also need help with cyclone I can't open it because it says "file COMDsomething not found or files are missing

can some please help me answer these questions

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
Years
This is the ONLY THING I cannot seem to figure out, and NO tutorial I have read (and I have read multiple ones on this site and many on others) have mentioned it. Once you have the first script done, what do you do to make another one? Do you make a new tab? Just write on the one you just made?

EDIT: I'm a liar. :\
Two things. I messed up the words on one of my scripts, but it won't let me compile. I tried to find a way around it, and managed to change it by changing the offset. I had another script that I had messed up (:\), and did the same thing, but now the person does nothing. How do I fix this, and is there a simpler way to change it if I mess up?
Here's the script that won't go at all:
Spoiler:

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Sometimes after i edited a map on Crystal w/ Crystal map. when i play the rom a screen pops saying that the game is only fot GBC (the one that says Pokemon crystal with unown letters) Why do this happens?
This can have a number of causes. The first one I thought of was connection problems, or walking outside the boundaries of the map. Does the game freeze when you start the ROM, or after you play a bit?
Anyone knows where to get a trainer editor for Crystal, apart of yomama´s Gym leader/E4/Red one?
I know of none, but using a hex editor is a possibility.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
This can have a number of causes. The first one I thought of was connection problems, or walking outside the boundaries of the map. Does the game freeze when you start the ROM, or after you play a bit?I know of none, but using a hex editor is a possibility.

the first one happens after playing a bit.
walking through a route/town then BAM! UNOWN screen!

the second... well, i found my old rom and made a patch from it. thx anyway

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
Years
Alright.. soo.. I have no idea how to script. I can work my way around Advance Map and the like, but that's it. I have XSE, and I'm hoping you can help me.

I'm hacking Emerald a bit for my friend and I, I'm going to make it so that we can catch all 386 Pokes, as well as a few other more minor changes. I've set up this little cave with warps to Mew's, Deoxys', Lugia's and Ho-Oh's islands, but I also want to make 9 more events in the cave, battles with Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, and Jirachi.

56250368.jpg

^That's it. 4 ladders to the locales of Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, and Deoxys. Those Pokeball lookin' things are where I want the battle events.

Basically I'm asking for a copy+paste code that I can use, from what I've read all I need to do is change numbers accordingly for the Pokes to make the codes universal.. Also, from what I've read I might need to find the offset or something.. Can someone tell me where I can find this? What I need to do? Help a noob out? :)

Also, is there a way to change it so that you start with the National Dex instead of the Regional?

Last edited:

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
This is the ONLY THING I cannot seem to figure out, and NO tutorial I have read (and I have read multiple ones on this site and many on others) have mentioned it. Once you have the first script done, what do you do to make another one? Do you make a new tab? Just write on the one you just made?

EDIT: I'm a liar. :\
Two things. I messed up the words on one of my scripts, but it won't let me compile. I tried to find a way around it, and managed to change it by changing the offset. I had another script that I had messed up (:\), and did the same thing, but now the person does nothing. How do I fix this, and is there a simpler way to change it if I mess up?
Here's the script that won't go at all:
Spoiler:

You added "givepokemon 0x394 0x50 0x1 0x0 0x0 0x0" under a message which i think is your problem. I got the fixed code below.

Spoiler:

Larsie13

Well, I don't think you can let Missingno act as a D/P Pokémon, that could cause glitches, but I'm not sure about that. Better not do it.

And A-Trainer and FSF have to be in the same folder where XSE is (the program itself), and then you can open them from XSE. They can be useful for when you've made a trainerbattle in a script, but you need to know the trainer's number. Don't know why FSF is in there, however, since XSE does the free space finding itself.

Meh

I'm back and a lot wiser.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
How do I insert an ASM function into Fire Red?
I was looking to use Mastermind_X's shiny hack for a celebi (editing 28 to BF)
Thanks,
Meh

still no answer, need help here :S

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
couple of quick questions

1) where can i download free space finder?
2) can i trade pokemon using gpsp
3) can i put legendarys from diamond and pearl on fire red by hack?

can someone send me a message. 1st right answer gets + rep.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
couple of quick questions

1) where can i download free space finder?
2) can i trade pokemon using gpsp
3) can i put legendarys from diamond and pearl on fire red by hack?

can someone send me a message. 1st right answer gets + rep.

1) Hackmew's tool thread in the tool box.
2) I'm not too sure :P
3) You can put legends on FR put you can't get them from D/P to FR xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back