• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well I bought FireRed off an auction site off someone and apparently in their advertisement they stated that they have moved (migrated) all the "legendaries" off the cartridge so there's nothing special. When I received the cartridge I had a look at the Pokedex and surprise surprise Raikou wasn't in the Pokedex yet. Caught it after using my secret stategy in catching him on FireRed :P Now have migrated to my Pearl. Woohoo!

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
Years
This looks interesting.

Restarted Leaf Green (can't find my Fire Red cartridge! Oh well, I like Magmar better than Electabuzz anyway). Picked Bulbasaur for starter. Lost to Blue (rival) because I forgot to grab the Potion out of the PC.

Went to PokeMart of Viridian. I want to buy some potions, because apparently my Bulbasaur is extremely frail. But nooo, he wants me to be a delivery boy before I can get anything from him. *mumble* Jerk...

Gave Oak's Parcel to Nurse Joy in a brave act of flirtatiousness- I mean, gave it to Oak. Yeah. Let's go with that. He gives me my Pokedex, and all of a sudden I get the urge to go out and catch myself a Caterpie then ditch my starter.

So that's what I do! Grind it up to a level nine Metapod, then save and turn off the game. Then I came on here, browsed for a bit, saw this and typed up this summary, then I don't know what happened.

Team:
- Metapod
- Level 9

• Tackle
  • Harden
  • Stringshot

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Currently training up for my final badge in LeafGreen before taking on Giovanni. I'm training up my Lapras mainly because my other Pokémon are pretty much ready to take Giovanni on. I did have a Butterfree but have swiched it in for Lapras that I got at Sliph Co. the only drawback is it was at level 25 and it's just been malingering in my PC system ever since :L

But now it's raised to level 33 so I can start training it up at Kindle Road with an exp. share with my other Pokémon :)

Charizard, Hitmonchan, Raichu, Victreebell, Vaporeon and Lapras :3

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
Years
So I wake up with the sudden, irresistible urge to do early-game, monotonous grinding apparently.

Picked up Leaf Green, got to training Metapod in the Viridian Forest and in the process, ran across a Level 3 Pikachu. Caught it on a whim (little bugger five out of my six Pokeballs...), got Metapod up to Level 10 so it could evolve.

Then went to train Pikachu up seven levels, to match up with Butterfree. Yay.

Got through the Viridian Forest easily, fighting every single trainer for some more experience on the side... I felt I was going to need it, considering I'd be going up against Brock with a Bug/Flying type and an electric type.

But surprisingly, Brock was easy.

Fought Liam with Butterfree, since Pikachu didn't have quick attack. Breezed through him. Breezed through Brock's Geodude as well, and with his Onix, I made Butterfree harden 'till his defense was maxed out, and healed the Rock Tomb damage with a potion. Then just confusion'd him three times, and... boom. Down goes the Onix, and down goes the Boulder Badge -- into my hand, that is.

Afterward, got the running shoes, headed out to the next route, and saved after fighting Youngster Ben (I LIKE SHORTS).

Team:

- Butterfree
- Level 13

• Confusion
  • Poison Powder
  • Harden
  • Stringshot
- Pikachu
- Level 12

• Thundershock
  • Tail Whip
  • Quick Attack
  • Thunder Wave
EDIT before actually posting: Was typing this 'fore my net died for a bit. Picked the game up again.

Burst through the rest of the route, taking down all other trainers 'cept the "EEEK! Did you touch me!?" lass with ease (FLIPPIN' SING ATTACK), got my Pokemon each up to Level 14. Then got through the first floor, bottom-half trainers and the first Rocket, of Mt. Moon and got them up to Level 16 each. Pikachu replaced Tail Whip with Double Team and Butterfree replaced PoisonPowder with Sleep Powder.

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
Years
Logged in to Emerald for the first time in about a month.

Last save point: Right after I was interviewed near Fortree City.

Current team (the bare bones of it):
-Swampert, lvl 53
-Mightyena, lvl 42
-Camerupt, lvl 50
-Swellow, lvl 50
-Kadabra, lvl 50
-Wailmer, lvl 32

Made a mental note to not bother with Wailmer and turned it into a HM pack mule.

Went to the Battle Frontier.

Got hungry and abandoned my Game Boy to get a sandwich.

Ate said sandwich.

Came back and saved before going to write something.

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2011
rUby:
- just gOt my sl@king t0 level 60.
- my bl9zik3n is @lm0st level 50.
- my b9ttle TOwer wins are 0ver 40 now.
- i 0btained another w9i1ord.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
currently in fallarbor city with my lvl 32 manectric finishing an electric monotype in emerald. it's still going to be awhile before i get another electric pokemon

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
Years
EMERALD

Restarted Emerald mainly to catch the Hoenn pokémon I need on my SS game, and get the legendaries since I have no clue where they went...

My female character is Rith of course :) She picked Mudkip.
Caught a few pokémon, but the only ones still in the team are Mudkip and Ralts.

Travelled to Rustboro, beat Roxanne with Ralts, Shroomish, and Mudkip.

Sailed on to Dewford, beat Brawley with Ralts and a little help from dear old Mudkip.

Mudkip keeps trying to evolve, but I keep hitting B everytime! XD No, you shall stay adorable for the rest of eternity!

Sailed on to Slateport. More training, ladeeda, drove Team Aqua away, then headed on up toward Mauville for my third battle with my rival... grrr... I always hated that battle. Should be fun.

Current Team:

Mudkip ♂ LV 20
Tackle|Bide|Mud Slap|Water Gun

Ralts ♂ LV 20
Growl|Confusion|Double Team|Teleport

Zigzagoon ♀ LV 4
(HM Slave)

EDIT: Ralts is also trying desperately to evolve now... but no. I will not have a male Kirlia!! >.< It's alright, Ralts, if you think that you're a girl, but please don't wear a dress...

ANOTHER EDIT: There seem to be no new posts when I think to post in this thread, so I have to keep editing :P

I ended up beating Brenden by catching an Oddish, poisoning Grovyle, and teaching Torment to Ralts which helped a lot.

Spam leveled Mudkip and finally decided to evolve him to get Mud Shot, all so I could use him instead of capturing a new pokémon for Wattson. I faced Wattson with Marshtomp at level 28, four levels above his highest pokémon, and with the added help of Mud Sport, took him down.

Headed through Fallabar, caught a Skarmory for the team, and to Meteor Falls, now I'm going to be grabbing that thing back from the horrid Team Magma...

Team as of Edit:

Marshstomp ♂ LV 30
Tackle|Mud Sport|Mud Shot|Water Gun

Ralts ♂ LV 27
Torment|Psychic|Calm Mind|Teleport

Gloom ♀ LV 26
Absorb|Acid|Poisonpowder|Sleep Powder

Skarmory ♀ LV 23
Peck|Steel Wing|Swift|Agility

Zigzagoon ♀ LV 4
(HM Slave)

Last edited:

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
Years
@Naykd
Haha, well, he makes a great one :) I'm probably going to switch him for a Lombre slave a little later, but right now he works :P

FireRed

Switched to this one for a little break. I'm not as familiar with it as R/S/E, which shows through how many times I've checked the walkthrough..

Long story short, I'm in the fifth gym wondering how the heck I'm going to beat Sabrina... my only idea is my Haunter and my Vaporeon.

Team:

Haunter ♂ LV 25 (recently caught him)
Shadow Punch|Spite|Curse|Night Shade

Dugtrio ♂ LV 29
Growl|Magnitude|Dig|Sand Tomb

Mankey ♀ LV 29 (too cute to evolve)
Seismic Toss|Mega Kick|Low Kick|Karate Chop

Ivysaur ♀ LV 30
Giga Drain|PoisonPowder|Leech Seed|Cut

Pidgeotto ♀ LV 33
Fly|Aerial Ace|Wing Attack|Quick Attack

Vaporeon ♂ LV 35
Water Pulse|Bite|Growl|Quick Attack

I have no idea why they're this low at this point :O I'm usually at a good level. Well, I restarted the game a while ago and just picked it up... like I said, no clue how I'm going to beat Sabrina.

Years
You can't get a Dark type at that point aye Syvelocin?

Haunter may be weak against Sabrina because of its Type2 (Poison) unless you level it up heaps

Pikachu lvl88

Experienced Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
After about 3rd-4th try caught Zapdos... Omfg, wasted 4 Ultra Balls, 12 Great Balls and 2 Poké Balls (including the one which caught it)... Machoke, Pikachu (for Thunder Wave) and Hurricane (my starter) fainted at last try... Sigh. It was somewhat hard...
PS.Yes, I still have Masterball but... better save it for Mewtwo or just never use (lol).

CHAZ The Cat

Come Charmander light my fire~
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
My quest? Why it is just beggining. Check it on the link below.

Years
ever experienced finding a shiny in the middle of a nuzlocke challenge?
I stared at that green maril for about 5 minutes :D
and my challenge failed :)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Alright, so in my current sapphire playthrough, I've decided to record it here, but write it as if it was a story...

Weavile's Hoenn Adventures: Episode 1
Finally! The moving truck stopped! Ugh! thank god, I was starting to get paranoid something might fall... That was a long trip from johto. phew... Alright, lets go inside.
Wow, this place looks nice... it'll look better once those Machoke finish moving everything in. But... WTF IS THAT MACHOKE DOING TO THE TV????!!!!! ooookkkk.... moving right along... lets see my new room!
Alright, lets set the clock and grab this potion from the computer, might need it, who knows? Whats that mom? Come see the TV? uh oh, hope it doesn't have anything to do with what that machamp did...
Oh, it's just my dad. Woops... we missed him... ah well. Alright, i'll go see professer Birch.
Hello ma'am, have you seen Prof. Birch? No? Ok. Sure, I'll talk to your daughter while I'm here.
Hey May. So you wanna be friends huh? What? Fieldwork with Prof Birch? (Maybe that's where I'll find him...).
There he is! Out on Route 101... being chased by a poocheyena... (or is it a zigzagoon, I forget). Alright, I better do what he says and use those pokemon in his briefcase... lets see... I'll pick... Torchic!
Go Torchic! KO that Poocheyena! Good Job!. Whats that Prof? Meet you at your lab? OK!
Alright, I'll go out to Route 203 and find May.
Alright... I'll head... north! (well there's nowhere else I can go...)
Ah... Oldale town. Hey there! Oh, your with the pokemart are you? Free sample potion? Heck Yes! Thanks!
Alright lets head West. Ah darn, that guy's blocking the way... oh, doesn't matter, Route 103 is to the north anyway.
Hey it's May! Battle? Ok! Bring it on!
Torchic Valiantly battled against May's Mudkip, and vanquished it easily!
Hah! Nice try May. Alright, lets head back home.
Hey Prof Birch! What? A pokedex. Hmmm.... Ok! I've always wanted to see the world! This is my chance! Thanks so much Proffesor! And thank you May for the pokeballs!

Okay, now lets head out to Route 102. Now that that guy is gone. Oh? What is it Mom? Running Shoes! Thanks!
Now that we're on Route 102, lets catch a pokemon! I heard there's a rare Psychic type around here...
Wow! That Ralts took FOREVER TO FIND. Well, I've finally got it, and I really wanted it!
Spent some time training on the Route, Ralts learned Confusion along the way.
Okay... now in Petalburg city, I'll visit my dad at the gym, maybe I can fight him.
Hey dad. Hey Wally! You want to catch a pokemon huh? I'll help!
Wow, seriously? You found that Psychic type on the FIRST TRY!? lucky...
ah well...
Alright dad, we caught that pokemon. What? no fight? I need to be stronger first... okay...
With nothing else important happening, I saved at Petalburg woods

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
EDIT: Just had to put that since nobody posted between this post and the last. Also, I'm switching to a third person point-of-view, first person was kinda Sloppy... Also, I will call the main Character Brendon
Weavile's Hoenn adventures: Part 2
As Brendan woke up in his camp in petalburg woods, he headed north when something, caught his eye.... it was a hidden item on the ground! 'Perhaps there are more areas like this...' Brendan thought, he would be sure to look out for them.
He then started training his Ralts, and realized it had become too tired to use confusion any longer (PP had run out). He immediately headed for a pokemon center.
Back in the forest, he met a Devon Corporation delivery man. "Hi there! Have you seen any Shroomish around here? It's my favorite pokemon." Just then, a mysterious man came up and started threatening the Worker, attempting to steal something called "the Devon Goods". Brendan prepared his Torchic for battle, then stepped up to defend the Devon Worker and his goods.
-Defeated Team Aqua Grunt's Poocheyena
The Grunt ran off, saying "No one gets any mercy from Team Aqua!" Team Aqua? Who are they? Why are they trying to steal the Devon Goods? Brendan was sure those answers would come up eventually, since he would surely be out and about for a while. After all, everything happens for a reason, perhaps this stunt would mean Brendan would end up responsible for Aqua's Disbanding? Who knows? That will be revealed in time...
But for now, that matters not. The Devon Worker gave him a Great ball as thanks, then headed off toward Rustboro city... It was time for Brendan to head that way as well.
-Got through Petalburg woods
-Made it across the Route to Rustboro City.
'Wow!' Brendan thought, 'I've never seen a city this big!' Brendan found the gym, and saw it's type, and gasped in horror... it was rock type! his only pokemon were either low defense or fire type, They wouldn't withstand piles of rocks getting thrown at them. 'Well, I know what this means! Overtraining.' Brendan headed out to the next Route and battled all the trainers, then Battled some wild pokemon until Torchic evolved. To his relief, it evolved into a Fighting type, Combusken. That would withstand the rocks.
Back in the Gym, he decided to use Ralts for the gym trainers. It held out better than he thought it would. When he fought Roxanned, he used a double team/growl strategy to lower the opponents attack power and chances of hitting. This Strategy worked fine on Roxanne's Geodude. The Nosepass however managed to triumph over Ralt's High Evasion and finish it off. That is when Combusken joined the fight. It took out the nosepass with no trouble at all.
-Defeated Roxanne's Geodude
-Defeated Roxanne's Nosepass
-Got Stone Badge
-Got TM Rock Tomb

Weavile's Hoenn adventures: Part 3
Brendan left the gym feeling accomplished. On the way back to the poke center he heard some yelling and the Devon Worker Running after a Team Aqua Grunt. After a trip to the pokecenter, Brendan went to check the scene out. The Devon worker was left standing there, depressed. He seemed to perk up when he saw Brendan, though. "Hey! Your that Fantastic trainer who helped me in Petalburg woods! I need your help again. That Team Aqua Grunt ran off with the Devon Goods in that direction *pointing towards the Route where Brendan trained Torchic to Combusken*. Would you please go retrieve them for me?" Brendan nodded his head. "Thank you so much!" the Devon Worker said.
-made it to Rusturf Tunnel
Before entering the cave, Brendan saw a very furious old man yelling about his missing pokemon. He claimed that a Team Aqua Grunt ripped it off of him. 'hmmm... seems like I'm retrieving more than just some Devon Goods' Brendan Thought.
In the cave, he found a very furious team aqua grunt, complaining about how he thought he got away, but the tunnel was blocked off... 'Works for me' Thought Brendan, readying his Combusken for the battle
-Defeated Team Aqua Grunt's Poocheyena
After the Team Aqua Grunt returned the Devon Goods and left without Peeko the Wingull, the old man came back in, relieved to have his pokemon back.
Back in Rustboro, Brendan returned the Devon Goods to the Devon Worker. The worker then took Brendan up to the president of the Devon Corporation, Mr. Stone. He asked if Brendan wouldn't mind delivering that Package to slateport and also delivering a letter to Steven Stone (is he the son or Grandson of the president of Devon?). In return, he gave Brendan a Pokenav, a very indespensible tool for any trainer like Brendan! Brendan gladly accepted his request since he would need to travel around anyway, and no way of going anywhere else.
Near the Entrance to Rustboro City, Brendan found May. She said she saw an old man with a Wingull walk by, and that his name was Mr. Briney, a revered seafarer. 'Perfect!' Brendan thought, 'just what I need, a way to cross the sea!' May then said he lived in a cottage near Petalburg woods. Brendan knew exactly where that was, and headed on his way.
After Brendan arrived at Mr. Briney's cottage, he told him what he needed from him. "A letter for Dewford and a Package for Slateport huh? Ohohoho, Quite a busy life you lead! But no matter, that is no problem at all, especially after the way you saved Peeko! Let's Set Sail!" said Mr. Briney.
Later, in Dewford town, Brendan attempted finding Steven, and after going into the cave at the back of Dewford, he found a hiker that said Steven was deep inside that cave, which was no problem for him, since he could use flash to light up the darkness. However, Brendan would need Dewford's gym badge. The Hiker gave him flash anyway, and brendan headed toward the gym.
In the gym, Ralts was struggling surprisingly, he even fainted to the Gym leader's Makuhita! However, Combusken pulled through for him, and won the match.
-Defeated Brawly's Machop
-Defeated Brawly's Makuhita
-Got Fist Badge
-Got TM Bulk Up
-Taught Flash to a Nincada, which was caught in order to learn Cut earlier on.
-Got through Granite Cave
-Delivered the letter to Steven Stone
-Got TM Steel Wing
-Got an Old Rod
-Set Sail for Slateport

Weavile's Hoenn adventures: Part 4
In Slateport, Brendan went into the ship construction room. He found Dock, who said that Cpt. Stern was in the Museum. Brendan went to the Museum, only to find it was FULL of Aqua Grunts. None of them seemed interested in them, nor did they seem to be up to any mischeif at the time. Brendan went upstairs to find Cpt. Stern alone in the room, just as he was about to hand over the Devon Goods, two team Aqua Grunts appeared. Brendan fought them and defeated them. Then team Aqua leader Archie appeared, however, he did not wish to battle, nor did he attempt to take the Devon Goods. He simply gave Brendan a warning, then left. Brendan handed the Devon goods over to Cpt. Stern, then went all the way back to Devon to tell Mr. Stone the good news. Mr. Stone gave him the Exp. Share as his thanks. Back in Slateport, Brendan headed north, trained Ralts into a Kirlia, and cleared the first room of the Trick house. Then he found May, who asked for a battle. Brendan accepted, and won with a small bit of Difficulty. Brendan then decided to set up camp there on the Route.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
↑ Wow, your story/playthrough is looking great. I'm eager to see what happens next.

Anyway, I just started a new ruby game yesterday, and so far here's my team:

- ♂ Treecko (Wayne) lvl 12
- Pound
- Leer
- Absorb
- Quick Attack

- ♀ Ralts (Amy) lvl 9 (because there's NO WAY i'm having a male Kirlia/Gardevoir)
- Growl
- Confusion

Currently in Petalburg Woods and just beat the Magma Grunt.

[WILL UPDATE ONCE I BEAT BRAWLY]
[I'm also thinking of doing the Nuzlocke challenge after i beat this game]

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Thanks alot DoctorFred! I appreciate it. yeah I didn't really like the first part but the others were pretty good if you ask me!
Weavile's Hoenn adventures: Part 5
Brendan woke up and shoved off toward the end of the Route, Defeating the trainers along the way. Brendan then arrived in Mauville City. After taking a quick look around, he decided there wasn't much to see, and headed for the pokecenter. On his way out, something caught his eye, a person who had walked into a house previously empty handed, had walked out with a bike. 'Hmmm... a bike... that could be useful, if I can afford it.' Thought Brendan. He walked into the house and walked up to who appeared to be the salesman. The salesman said "Hi there, my name is Rydel. Ooohh... your shoes look awfully filthy, did you come from far away?" Brendan told him yes, and from where. "Hmmmm... all the way from Littleroot? That's ridiculously far! If you had one of my Bikes, you could go anywhere easily. I'll tell you what, I'll give you a bike! I have a Mach Bike and an Acro Bike. A Mach Bike is designed for Speed, and the Acro bike is designed for Control. Which do you want?" Brendan decided the Mach Bike suited his desires. "Excelent choice!" Said Rydel. " If you ever want to switch for whatever reason, come see me!"

Next, Brendan decided to check out the gym, where he found Wally, attempting to challenge it. However, his father was suggesting that it wasn't the brightest idea. After noticing Brendan, Wally explains his predicament, and decides that if he can beat you, he can prove to his uncle that he's good enough to challenge the gym. Brendan accepts the challenge.

Brendan beat wally so easily he actually felt sorry for him. It was disheartening to see wally so let down, he was speechless. Only managing to get out a feeble "I lost..." Fortunately, his uncle gave him some encouragement. "Don't be sad. You may not be Strong enough now, but there's nothing stopping you getting stronger is there? Then they walked off. Brendan decided to get a place to stay and rest a while before he challenged the gym.

Next Time... the Mauville city gym!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
Weavile's Hoenn adventures: Part 6
Brendan woke up and headed for the gym, but on the way there, something caught his eye. The game corner, TMs were for sale there. 'hmmm.... that could be useful' he thought. He went inside. They told him he would need a coin case, and that the girl next door is willing to give him one. Brendan went over there, and all she said was that she wanted some Harbor Mail from Slateport. 'This will be a great time to try out that bike' thought Brendan. He headed straight for cycling road, just to find out there were tons of trainers up there. Most of em' had steel type Magnemites too, so they were kinda hard to take out. Not too hard though, since Combusken had Double kick. After Brendan finally made it across he headed straight for Slateports Pokemart, bought some Harbor mail, and hopped up on his bike again. He crossed the cycling road, gave the girl some Harbor Mail, got a coin case, and headed straight for the game corner to see what he could buy. Everything was far too expensive for him at the moment, so he decided to go to the gym. 'Electric type huh?' thought Brendan. 'Shouldn't be too bad I suppose.' The gym trainers were quite easy. Although Wally couldn't have done much in there with just that Ralts alone, due to the steel types in there. The Gym leader was quite easy as well, thanks to Double Kick taking out Magneton easily.
-Brendan Recieved the Dynamo Badge
-Brendan Revieved TM Shockwave and taught it to Kirlia
-Brendan Went to the Pokecenter and healed up.
Next, Brendan decided he would visit Wally, so he headed off in the direction that Wally and his Uncle left yesterday. On the way, Brendan saw the Day Care center. 'That might come in handy later, but right now it's a bit pointless' he thought. He went on to battle the other trainers on the Route. When he got to Verdanturf, Brendan noticed a cave. He decided to check it out before he visited Wally. He found a young couple, one on each side of a wall of rocks. Brendan took out the Zigzagoon he had caught earlier specifically for Rock Smash, which he obtained in Mauville, and smashed the rocks seperating them. The man gave him HM04 Strength as thanks. Now Brendan headed Further into the cave, and realized that this was the same cave where he had fought the Aqua Grunt who had stolen the Devon Goods and taken Peeko Hostage. He stepped outside and saw the Devon Worker again. As thanks for delivering the Package to Slateport, he gave Brendan a Repeat Ball. 'Not that good of a gift, but I didn't mind delivering that package. If anything, it just gave me more reason to push on in my life as a trainer' Brendan thought.
Brendan went back to Verdanturf to visit Wally. Everything was so happy... The environment and possibly Ralts were giving Wally hope and health, Wally's Cousin, Wanda, was united with her boyfriend.... everything was just so right here. Even Brendan was Happy. Brendan decided to camp out here for the night. Not only was he very tired, but he wanted to stay with this wonderful happy scene just a while longer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back