• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Red/Blue Gym and Elite 4 Editor

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Hey folks, with all the buzz of programming happening lately, I decided to have a go myself.
I couldn't decide what to make, so I thought way back to when I was hacking Pokémon Red version and remembered how annoying changing the Pokémon gym leaders had was, so I decided to make a tool!

This is my first attempt at programming so I'm open to constructive critisism. I have tested it on Brock, and it works fine. (I couldn't be bothered to play the game any furthur) It is the same principal for all the battles, so it should be fine...

Here it is!

RBGE4E.png

This tool only works for Red and Blue version, but if enough people want it, I will extend functionality to Yellow version too.

There are also plans for a simular tool for Gold and Silver!

Enjoy!

Download

Pokémon Red/Blue Gym and Elite 4 Editor

Hat?

Banned
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2008
Nice tool there, saves having to hex edit some more stuff, keep up with the programming!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Nice tool, I hope you add more functions to it...
and keep programming!! The tool is also very good..

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2008
Great tool!

does anyone know of one that lets you edit what moves the pokemon that the gym leaders/elite 4 have?

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2020
cool program , but its usless to me.
Can you please add FireRed?

Swampert 22

Years
Great tool!

does anyone know of one that lets you edit what moves the pokemon that the gym leaders/elite 4 have?

Its possible, I think, because I know for a fact that Brock's Onix can use Bide, which is not normal. It'll be stored in the rom somewhere, I'll just have to find it. If I do, I'll add it into a new version!

Yes man. Extend it to be used on Yellow. Please!

I was planning to research the offsets and add them in. Watch this space...

cool program , but its usless to me.
Can you please add FireRed?

Why not use PET?

All we need now is a trainer editor for Pokemon Red and Blue also Yellow.

Yep, It is entirely possible, but researching all the trainers would take a lot of time, effort and patience, which I don't have. Maybe I'll do it come summer when I have more free time - right now its CRAM CRAM CRAM for exams!

Swampert 22

Years
cool man, thanx.
Since i´m only hacking the "special" versions (Ye/Cr/Em) i´m really in need for this

I've started work on Yellow compatability, so I shouldn't be that long know, I just have to fit it in around my busy schedule. After that I'll probably make one for G/S/C straight away!

Why not start by doing some mapping?

Sexycheese

Bye :)
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 6, 2009
Its possible, I think, because I know for a fact that Brock's Onix can use Bide, which is not normal. It'll be stored in the rom somewhere, I'll just have to find it. If I do, I'll add it into a new version!

Actually mate brocks onix has always been able to use bide. tool looks cool though but i could not downloadit cuz when i did it would not work on my laptop.

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Years
Hey swampert.....

When i used this program and saved the changes on my blue.....
It wont save.......
what should i do?

Have you tried clicking file then save in the window you're editing?

If you are and it's not working then let me know. I was going to add yellow version to it when I finish my exams, so I could fix it then.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Hey swampert.....

When i used this program and saved the changes on my blue.....
It wont save.......
what should i do?

Check if the file is Read Only. This stops the file from being able to be edited.

EDIT: Swampert, you could always add a line of code to make a File Read/Write.

Last edited:
Back