• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha, maybe it was that game I meant :) I think Went showed it to me at some point but I never remembered what it was. Thanks.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
^ I posted elsewhere that I've made a quick fix for myself via Python in replacing image urls in posts from imageshack with something different, as long as the new images have a consistent naming scheme (e.g. www.site.com/images/image01.png, [URL="http://www.site.com/images/image02.png"]www.site.com/images/image02.png[/URL], etc). If you have the original posts still about I can do a couple of changes and convert them for you if provided enough info for it (ie new url for images and the posts themselves as a .txt file). Or alternatively share an altered version of the script if you have Python I suppose. At any rate it saves me a heck of a lot of time in converting the image files.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Imageshack's naming scheme is bloody random. That's not a worry though, my program accounts for that, as long as it has something in it that is consistent (so say if there is some part like 'image13' and 'image14', etc for the file name the rest of the url does not matter on the imageshack side of things. Anyways feel free to send a PM my way if you want (same goes for other people with the imageshack dilemma).

Years
Okkkkk! It is time that this thread was moved. It was fun while it was here in the LP section, but the time has come to an end for now.

So moving...........

BLACK AND WHITE

Years
I think we should all talk about how Hydreigon is the best Pokemon ever. From the sheer destructive power he possesses, to his incredible design as well as his unquenchable thirst for DESTROYING EVERYTHING, Hydreigon has it all. Solid bulk, great offensive capabilities and respectable speed. A Pokemon that doesn't care about anything except for the complete and utter annihilation of anything that stands in its path. Friend or foe, it matters not. Get in his way and your life is forfeit.

Surely, such a Pokemon fits me perfectly.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
My Haxorus says otherwise...
Haxorus comes in, sets up DD once or twice and gets the broom out and sweeps.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I prefer a core of Haxorus, Hydreigon, and Volcarona myself. Not much is gonna get in the way of that combination in my humble opinion lol.

Oh and Conkeldurr's a beast. Not as fearsome as Hydreigon but still Mach Punch coming off an attack stat that high's gotta hurt.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Sadly but if you can keep the rocks and spikes off your field then you're gonna be hurting something after a Quiver Dance or 2.

Which also reminded me of how I pwned Clay using Quiver Dance on my Lilligant 6 times in a row and sweeping with Giga Drain at the time, that was a fun battle lol.

Years
@Xulek I agree with you, Lilligant is one of the best Quiver Dancers. When it spams Quiver Dance it can become unstoppable, and it it has Own Tempo it can Petal Dance away without worrying about confusion.

I have nice fun using Lilligant that I evolved from the Petilil I got in Nacrene City.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
@Xulek I agree with you, Lilligant is one of the best Quiver Dancers. When it spams Quiver Dance it can become unstoppable, and it it has Own Tempo it can Petal Dance away without worrying about confusion.

I have nice fun using Lilligant that I evolved from the Petilil I got in Nacrene City.
My favorite gen V combo as of now. Liligant is an true beast. Quiver Dance + Petal Dance + Own Tempo = Fun hours of battling. Too bad it cannot work well in OU because of the presence of stronger and faster Pokemon. But still, Liligant is a force to be reckoned with.

@mineox: Do not remind me. My Black Nuzlocke Challenge ended abruptly with her Watchog. One of the harder gyms ever made.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Lenora was a pain in the ass for me, no way I can deny that and I had a Pignite in its 20s at the time. How I managed to get through that gym without the slightest hint of luck I have no clue honestly.

Elesa however was a tad overrated if you ask me but then again my Excadrill basically plowed straight through her, Skyla was a tad more challenging for me but not all that much. Only gym leader I found to be overly easy was Brycen thanks to my Emboar but at the very least the puzzle in that gym was fun.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't know why so many people think Lenora is hard. I ko'ed her with a barrage of Arm Thrusts then on my second run used level 25 Conkeldurr(just evolved) and yes it was over kill. And Conkeldurr was useful through out the run though.

Years
I beat Lenora on the first go using my Dewott and a then-newly-caught Timburr. Timburr did most of the fighting while Dewott served as a back-up.

Now, who finds Elesa the hardest?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I thought they were all push overs really. I had Krokorok face her, and the only minimal problem encountered was Emolga and I stress minimal.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I wouldn't have minded Lenora so much if every single attack she did wasn't a critical hit, then again luck's not on my side very often when it comes to battling nowadays to begin with. I recall using a Throh or Sawk against one of her Pokes though and thankfully a critical hit on my part won me the match. Been a while since I last faced her though tbh lol.

Iris on the other hand was a blast to face, even with her Haxorus staring me in the face I loved the fact that my Carracosta could survive a blow and get lucky with a critical Blizzard against it lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
OH so you're in my territory now. Except... you guys are discussing competitive aspects or at least battling, go post more in CBC normally crazies. :(

ANYWAY, Lenora was kinda difficult at first but now I just grind, etc.

Years
I take a nap and then wake up to see that the discussion has strayed away from my beloved Hydreigon. I AM DISAPPOINT PC.

Anyway I found Lenora pretty hard as I was using a pure dark team so I think I only had that cat dude at the time which is pretty frail lol.

Back