• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
I was seriously hoping for a Hoenn expansion in BW2 Live-y but sadly its off to the 3DS for the RSE remakes.

You could consider it the transition point BW the GB Color - GBA right?

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I somewhat agree with Hikari10 on the system they should come out on. They probably should release for only DS still though, just because it would only make sense to do so.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
If the remakes come out next year, then I wouldn't be surprised if they remained on the DS... any time afterwards, however, and I can't imagine any other system than the 3DS, given that Nintendo would probably want a lot more of its focus to be on that console from 2014 onwards.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
UGH I WANT A 3DS POKEMON GAME ALREADY GOD

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
UGH I WANT A 3DS POKEMON GAME ALREADY GOD

Be patient and it will eventually come to you.

---------------
In the 6th gen, they should make the switch however to the 3ds, because they will need to keep up with other series, like Mario. Because then, eventually, they would lose fans interests because they would be angry over no 3ds game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It should've come to me already tbh. They really shouldn't be still releasing DS games.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
It should've come to me already tbh. They really shouldn't be still releasing DS games.

Because the majority of game players still have a DS and no 3DS. When more people buy the 3DS they will probably start moving forward to the 3DS

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But that could be said for Mario as well, but Mario moved forward to get people to buy the 3DS. There's no point in buying the 3DS if one of their biggest franchises is still in the past with DS releases. Plenty of people would buy a 3DS just for a Pokemon game. Game Freak just was lazy with B2W2 and wanted to use the same graphics/maps and such instead of making a 3DS one from scratch so they didn't bother, which is annoying to an actual fan with a 3DS willing to shell out extra money for a 3DS game.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
But that could be said for Mario as well, but Mario moved forward to get people to buy the 3DS. There's no point in buying the 3DS if one of their biggest franchises is still in the past with DS releases. Plenty of people would buy a 3DS just for a Pokemon game. Game Freak just was lazy with B2W2 and wanted to use the same graphics/maps and such instead of making a 3DS one from scratch so they didn't bother, which is annoying to an actual fan with a 3DS willing to shell out extra money for a 3DS game.

I guess you win. I do have a 3DS, and it does actually make me want an actual 3DS Pokemon game.

Years
There's really no logic in continuing to make new games for outdated systems, and if anything, I think a 3DS Pokemon game would provide an incentive to get a 3DS if a person didn't have one.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
There's really no logic in continuing to make new games for outdated systems, and if anything, I think a 3DS Pokemon game would provide an incentive to get a 3DS if a person didn't have one.

I agree with you, alas, I have changed sides. it would provide a wonderful incentive to buy one.

Years

I had a long argument with someone over that issue. Because it seriously is one of the reasons 3DS sales are flagging. It's the games that makes the transition smoother. Remember how the DS had many interesting games by the first year it came out?

Back