• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Everstone Challenge

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Everstone Challenge
The basic jist is to complete any pokemon game without relying on evolution.

Rules:

You must only use Pokemon who can evolve.
Do not let them evolve, keep them at their base stages.
You cannot use 2nd or 3rd evolutionary forms, only the very first in the evolution line.
You can catch Pokemon to breed for their pre-evolutions, but don't use them in battle.
E.g you can catch a Magmar to breed to get a Magby, but don't use the Magmar in battle.
You can trade if you like.

Optional: Stay active on this post and tell us about your team and how you are getting on :)

Forum Username:
Game Version:
Number of Pokemon: (2 Minimum)
National Dex: (Yes/No - Only say yes if you are able and willing to hack or trade.)
Restrictions:

Here's an example
Forum Username: Necrum
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 6
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: None

Challengers:

CodeHelmet
BlissyMKW
SunDust

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So basically it?s a NFE challenge. Hmm I figure why not? I?ll do one on Yellow:

pikachu.gif
vulpix.gif
bulbasaur.gif
sandshrew.gif
tentacool.gif
spearow.gif

Above is my team and being that it?s Generation 1, I can?t get Pichu(introduced in Gen 2). Everything else is fair game as I see it. Will be a challenge since I won?t outspeed anyone but if :t037: is my witness, I shall prevail!

Debating if I should get a Strength slave or not(Sandshrew can learn it but I like Slash&Swift).

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
You know, the last time I did a challenge like this, the Elite Four in Omega Ruby gave me a lot of trouble, especially since Steven has a Mega Metagross...but let's do a Y run anyway. I have a potential team in mind, but it may or may not be final.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So chapter 1 begins with me getting my starter and nicknaming him Gus after the mouse in Cinderella(I miss fat Pikachu). I battled my rival twice to get five free Pokeballs from which I caught my next team member in Diaval(name for Maleficent's Raven, although it was rumored to be named Diablo). Together we traveled through Viridan Forest where Diaval crushed the weak bugs. Against Brock, it was Gus using a combination of Double Team, Tail Whip and Quick Attack to seal the victory. From there, we traveled to the base of Mount Moon where we caught our third team member in Mickey(M I C, K E Y, M O U S E. I was born 30 years too late...). Backtracked to train before saving. Will update later.

Update#2:
So after grinding Mickey to 17 to learn Slash(along with Gus and Diaval at 17 as well), I breeze through Mount Moon. Even Team Rocket poses no threat despite not having a Ground/Psychic move for their Poison Pokemon. After arriving in Cerulean, I acquire Bulbasaur and nickname her Rosetta(I know there are no genders but I try to balance things. Rosetta is one of the Disney Fairies and I would know them seeing as my twin nieces watch them now while also trying to keep a Disney nickname theme). I grind Rosetta to 17 the hard way and battle our rival to make my way to Bill's so as to open the way to Vermilion. Upon defeating the Rocket Grunt for the Dig TM, I challenge Misty and defeat her easily with Rosetta and Gus. Decide to train everyone to 20 before proceeding to Vermilion. Once arriving in Vermilion, I head to S.S. Anne and battle every trainer on the boat(with Gus and Mickey doing all the fighting). After defeating our rival once more and grabbing Cut HM(teaching it to Rosetta), I move to Route 11 and battle all the trainers there with Mickey for more XP. After healing at Pokemon Center, I challenge Vermilion Gym and roll over it with Mickey. Proceed North and then East to Rock Tunnel wherein I stopped and saved after healing at the Pokemon Center. Don't have enough species for Flash but it doesn't matter :) Another update coming soon.

Update#3:
Grinded everyone to level 30 because from past experience and the fact everyone is going to be NFE, the extra levels will be necessary later on down the line to be competitive. Rosetta did the bulk of the fighting since I won't have too many opportunities to train her afterwards save for the Sea Routes. I arrived safely in Celadon City and acquired my 5th Team member in Vixey(female Fox in the movie The Fox and the Hound). Backtracked to Cerulean and trained Vixey up to level 30 before challenging the Celadon Gym(where I rolled with Vixey and Diaval. Rosetta was emergency backup). Then cleared Rocket Game Corner before heading to Pokemon Tower for another rival bout and acquiring the PokeFlute. Thank god for Generation 1 and no levitate(Dig FTW!!). Got PokeFlute and rolled down Route 12 to the Snorlax to access Route 13 and the Super Rod. Then backtracked to Route 11 and fished for my final member in Ursula(closest thing to an Octopus we got). Grinded her to level 32 before proceeding to Cycling Road(removing the other Snorlax obstacle) and battling all the trainers I could(including clearing Silph) before grinding on my favorite training spot. Leveled everyone to 50 before challenging Koga. Used Vixey and Diaval with Mickey as my emergency Pokemon. Only Pokemon who gave me trouble was Venomoth but it ultimately fell after Mickey gave it the Swift treatment(since it had used Double Team). After Koga, I challenged Sabrina and won handedly with Gus exploiting her Abra's lack of Offense with Double Team, Quick Attack and Thunderbolt to finish them off(Had X-Accuracy to repair any Flash issues). Stopped at Fuchsia City's Pokemon Center after getting Surf and Strength from Safari Zone.

Last edited:
Back